tbirnseth's Content

There have been 459 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 27-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#337317 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 March 2021 - 09:46 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Can you please add a hook that surrounds the payment_surcharge and tax display in the blocks/checkout/summary.tpl file.

If possible, please name it checkout:taxes_and_fees_summary

#337480 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 11 March 2021 - 09:10 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Posted Today, 01:06 PM#1

Please add a post hook near the end of the function of:

fn_set_hook('customer_location_post', $auth, $cart, $billing, $s_info);

Just before the return of $s_info.

Given that a shipping method of 'pickup at location' wants to use the customer's address for tax purposes is incorrect.  It should be using the location of the pickup point for taxes.

#331671 You Don't Have Permission To Access /admin.php On This Server Cscart

Posted by tbirnseth on 19 September 2020 - 07:09 PM in Installation & Upgrade

I get this error when i go to delete a default brand and add my it shows me this:

You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server cscart

I have a licensed version

Please check your php error_log for a related php error.  My guess is that either that core product or a 3rd party addon is generating an error and that's the closest error message your web server can come up with.  Obviously you can access admin.php given you're able to get to brand management to begin with.

What version of cs-cart are you using?

#336426 Wrong Payment Amount

Posted by tbirnseth on 09 February 2021 - 08:28 PM in General Questions

It would help on these if you could identify the EDITON (Ultimate, MVE) where you're encountering the issues.  Also, if you have more than one currency, double check your conversion rates.  Sound like you're off a decimal place or two.

#330056 Wordpress Cs-Cart Install In The Same Domain

Posted by tbirnseth on 29 July 2020 - 06:51 PM in Installation & Upgrade

Or as a sub-domain like wp.yoursite.com and have a completley separate document root).  This configuration will prevent any security issue in either CMS from impacting the other.

#330276 Why Is This Line In Tygh/shippings/shippings.php Causing An Error?

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 August 2020 - 06:28 PM in General Questions

Given those are all standard distributed addons, I'm guessing either you've had a developer make modifications to one of them or you've had some kind of upgrade failure. What does your Administration/Files Change detector show?  If nothing, then you should either do as Ecom suggested and disable them one by one or submit to helpdesk since they are all cs-cart modules.

#330221 Why Is This Line In Tygh/shippings/shippings.php Causing An Error?

Posted by tbirnseth on 04 August 2020 - 04:12 PM in General Questions

Suggest under SSH your do the following:

# cd app/addons

# grep -R  'fn.*shippings_get_shippings_list' .

This will return you any addons that are using the hook.  Someone is obviously affecting the shippings.  On my development site it returns:

root@ezms4 [addons]# grep -R  'fn.*shippings_get_shippings_list' .
./mobile_admin_app/func.php: function fn_mobile_admin_app_shippings_get_shippings_list($group, $shippings, &$condition)
./twigmo/func.php: function fn_twigmo_shippings_get_shippings_list($group, $shippings, &$condition)
./payment_dependencies/func.php:function fn_payment_dependencies_shippings_get_shippings_list_conditions(&$group, &$shippings, &$fields, &$join, &$condition, &$order_by)
./payment_dependencies/func.php:function fn_payment_dependencies_shippings_get_shippings_list_post(&$group, &$lang, &$area, &$shippings_info)
./suppliers/func.php:function fn_suppliers_shippings_get_shippings_list(&$group, &$shippings)

All are standard cs-cart addons.  Note that I sell electronic products so I don't see shipping issues directly.  But if you see any addons outside this list, they would be suspect.

#336338 Why Is There No Developers Trying To Create A Add-On To Make Vendor Panel Int...

Posted by tbirnseth on 06 February 2021 - 10:22 PM in General Questions

I agree with @harmsmitsdev on this one....  There is no business model to support the investment nor the maintenance.

It used to be (when I first started developing for cs-cart) that cs-cart was cautious about stepping on addon vendor's addons.  I.e. if functionality were available in an addon from a 3rd party developer, they wouldn't add it to the core product.  Then they got bigger!!  Now, they seem to have total disregard for 3rd party developers and their investments (unless you're simtechdev).

You'll notice that the number of new production addons has decreased over the past few years.  Reason is that it's no longer profitable to do so. There's just not enough volume and when cs-cart stomps on your work it just depreciates the value of the addon in the market.  No need to compete with the big-fish here.

Best solution is for you go get together with several other merchants (cs-cart customers and more importantly potential customers) and demand that they adjust the product to meet your needs.  If not, the only power you have is to walk away.

We've tried to address pieces of this in our EZ Vendor Fields addon for MVE that lets a site admin hide various menus and fields from vendors that aren't need by vendors on their site.  But my bet is it will last less than a year before I have to pull it because either cs-cart will add something similar (and most likely less complete) and/or the maintenance costs will become too high relative to sales. 

Using EZ Vendor Fields as an example, it was released in Nov-20.  There have been MAYBE 1/2 dozen sales.  I'll need about 50 sales just to break even.  You can do the math for how long that will take  Bottom line is that cs-cart addon market is VERY SMALL.  It takes forever to recover your investment in production addons.  Therefore there's not a lot of incentive to make large investments in addons that won't be profitable till after I die.

It's all business.  If you want addon vendors to provide lower cost production addons, then you need to buy our products.  Otherwise it forces us and you into custom development which is much more expensive for you and much safer for us.

#330281 Why Does The Shipping Calculator Ask For So Much Info?

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 August 2020 - 09:47 PM in General Questions

It is carrier specific on what data is required.  I.e. USPS may require street and zip while UPS might require zip and state.  In some cases, zip spans counties and/or states and cities.  I've found zip/state are all that's generally required when playing with it.  However, you'd want to test on a site where at least the big-3 carriers are installed and configured.  USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex.

#330951 Why Does My Addons.manage Page Look Like This?

Posted by tbirnseth on 31 August 2020 - 07:51 PM in General Questions

Don't see that behavior on my site or demo.cs-cart.  could be a 3rd party addon that is corrupting the output.  I.e. a bad addon.xml file.  What does your PHP error_log indicate?

#333251 Where To Add Facebook Messenger Code Snippet

Posted by tbirnseth on 06 November 2020 - 09:12 PM in General Questions

You need to create the path/file.

But given we have no idea what you're installing, can't advise where to use the data-no-defer attribute or not.

Suggest you read the development documentation if you're going to play developer....  https://docs.cs-cart...uide/index.html

#332912 Where To Add Facebook Messenger Code Snippet

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 October 2020 - 06:43 PM in General Questions

Enable the my_changes addon.
Add the file design/themes/responsive/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/body.post.tpl
with the following content:
<script type="text/javascript">
  $(document).ready( function() {
    {literal}
    ADD YOUR CODE HERE
    {/literal}
  });
</script>
Then clear your cache and "inspect" the page to verify that your script code is on your page(s).

But given that cs-cart will move all your script code past the footer, there's no reason to use the 'index:body' hook.  You can just as easily use 'index:scripts' which would be more consistent with integrating other scripts into your site.  But both will work.  It's developer's choice.

If the messenger code inserts html into the UI in a specific location, then you'll need to add the attribute 'data="no_defer"' to  the script tag and then you should use the 'index:body' hook.  The script tag would then look like:

<script data="no_defer" type="text/javascript">
That will prevent cs-cart from moving the script to the bottom of the page and leave it where you've placed it.

#332946 Where To Add Facebook Messenger Code Snippet

Posted by tbirnseth on 28 October 2020 - 04:57 PM in General Questions

Thx for the correction Ecom.  Was working from memory (not always the best) and use the data-no-defer very infrequently (like maybe once in the 5 years it's been around!).

#330283 Where can I delete "thank you for using our shopping cart" in the aut...

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 August 2020 - 09:55 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Note that this only applies if one is using the newer email editor versus the template based email system.  If using the template system, you can go to Administration/Statuses/Order statuses and then change the text for the status you are interested in. But do NOTE that you can no longer set whether the email is sent based on that status in that section.  You now have to to to the Adminstration/Notifications/Customer notifications section to enable/disable various emails related to status.

In v4.11 to change the content of the snippet that inserts "thank you for using our shopping cart"

#331849 Weird Image Caching Problem

Posted by tbirnseth on 25 September 2020 - 04:28 PM in Developers' Corner

If you are using a CDN, you might have to be patient for the files to propagate.  It wasn't clear from your description that you manually cleared your cache by removing the var/cache folder.  If not, you should do so since cs-cart won't provide any error info on clearing via the product.

#331922 Weird Image Caching Problem

Posted by tbirnseth on 28 September 2020 - 03:42 PM in Developers' Corner

Oke, so after deleting the var/cache folder AND using a new browser the pictures finally disappeared. It's weird because I also deleted the cache from the browser. Why are the images so persistent?

If that's the case is is most likely due to bad ownerships of the files in your site.  You should have your hosting verifiy owner/group needed for the PHP process to add/modify/delete files/folers within your site.  This can be done via the following command as root using SSH where [USER] and [GROUP] are the specific user and group names applicable to your server.

# cd [root directory of your site]
# chown -R [USER}:[GROUP] * .[a-z]*

#338003 Website Migrated - Admin Panel Throwing Http 500 Error

Posted by tbirnseth on 30 March 2021 - 03:03 AM in General Questions

What is the content of your app/schemas/storefronts directory?

If the file is there, then it's an ownerhship/permissions problem.  If it's not there, then the site was not copied properly and I wouldn't trust anything on that site.

#338124 Website Migrated - Admin Panel Throwing Http 500 Error

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 April 2021 - 03:54 AM in General Questions

And who wins the prize? :-) 

I.e. which of the solutions did the trick?

#337349 Website Error Cannot Use String

Posted by tbirnseth on 07 March 2021 - 07:24 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

What version of cs-cart and PHP?

Might try running with php 7.2

#337387 Website Error Cannot Use String

Posted by tbirnseth on 08 March 2021 - 07:22 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

doubtful.  What version of cs-cart are you running.  Send me email and I'll try to take a look.

#330907 Vip Customer

Posted by tbirnseth on 29 August 2020 - 06:02 PM in Hints & Modifications

Add a decimal field to the users table for purchase_total of decimal(12,2)

Use a change_order_status hook and look  at the value of the order.  Add that to the purchase_total and save it to the users table.  then check if the user is already in the group, if not, add them.

define('my_special_group', your_group_id);
define('my_special_amount', 1000);
function fn_my_changes_change_order_status($status_to, $status_from, $order_info) {
  $user_id = $order_info['user_id'];
  if( empty($user_id) )
    return;

$purchase_total = db_get_field("SELECT purchase_total FROM ?:users WHERE user_id=?i", $user_id);
  db_query("UPDATE ?:users SET purchase_total=?d WHERE user_id=?i", $purchase_total += $order_info['subtotal'], $user_id);

if( !in_array(my_special_group, $_SESSION['auth']['usergroup_ids']) && $purchase_total > my_special_amount )
    fn_change_usergroup_status('F', $user_id, my_special_group);
}

UNTESTED

#334566 Vendor Options Add Missing

Posted by tbirnseth on 17 December 2020 - 11:42 PM in General Questions

Options (with modifiers) are NOT the same as variations. There's no need to have multiple instances of a product to support product options such as "installation fee" and other similar common "options" that are not "variations" of the product!  Cs-cart needs to stop removing functionality.

#330855 Vendor Default Logo

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 August 2020 - 09:00 PM in Vendor Store, Payments, Promotions

Looks like all references are to the theme logo.  If you are using standard MVE, I don't think you can adjust the theme per vendor.  You get to purchase MVE Ultimate.  But since I don't have that version, I really can't say.  I must have been referencing an older version where default_company data was provided for each company/storefront.  But that doesn't seem to exist anymore and was probably moved to the ULTIMATE version of MVE.

#330892 Vendor Default Logo

Posted by tbirnseth on 28 August 2020 - 08:14 PM in Vendor Store, Payments, Promotions

The correct place would be in the function fn_create_theme_logos_by_layout_id() in fn.common.php.  However this doesn't have any hooks within it.

The next level to go after would be in fn_get_logos() and utilize one of the hooks there.

And the next level would be to use update_company hook in fn_update_company() function in fn.companies.php

So as you can see, your request is not as simple as you might think.  Most likely you will have to do several DB queries to set your default image and to associate it with the company.  You will have to be careful that when you delete a company that your implementation does not delete your default thereby affecting other vendors.

#330818 Vendor Default Logo

Posted by tbirnseth on 26 August 2020 - 07:54 PM in Vendor Store, Payments, Promotions

You can use a php hook to alter 'company_data' and change the 'company_default_logo' to whatever you want.