tbirnseth's Content

There have been 440 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 29-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#337480 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 11 March 2021 - 09:10 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Posted Today, 01:06 PM#1

Please add a post hook near the end of the function of:

fn_set_hook('customer_location_post', $auth, $cart, $billing, $s_info);

Just before the return of $s_info.

Given that a shipping method of 'pickup at location' wants to use the customer's address for tax purposes is incorrect.  It should be using the location of the pickup point for taxes.

#337317 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 March 2021 - 09:46 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Can you please add a hook that surrounds the payment_surcharge and tax display in the blocks/checkout/summary.tpl file.

If possible, please name it checkout:taxes_and_fees_summary

#330779 Ebay Synchronization Add-On: Improvements And New Features

Posted by tbirnseth on 25 August 2020 - 08:14 PM in News and Announcements

You could always inquire of developers who might be willing to work on the addon so that it works according to your needs.  I personally wouldn't touch it.  It is very fragile code and cost/risk of change far exceeds the budgets of most individuals here.  Not all of that is cs-cart's issue.  Ebay and Amazon are notorious for producing an API or interface document and then 6 months later declare it as obsolete requiring developers to start over from square one.  Not supportable by a small business developer to productize.  Unfortunately cs-cart is too small a player in the ecommerce market to have any weight to throw.

#336496 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 11:42 PM in Upcoming features

1) Your developer can use css to change colors for you.

2) Addons available for this in the marketplace

3) Are you talking tool-tips?  That would be a core change that you should route through helpdesk.  If you're talking changing from "+" to "Add" and gear menu icon to "Menu", too me, that would be a step backward.  Currently closely matches an Android Phone UI.

#339400 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 May 2021 - 09:51 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Anyone know how to hide "Pages" menu from vendors but not the "Blog" menu?

When I try the following code it not only hide pages but also blog menu.

$schema['controllers']['pages']['permissions'] = false; 

See https://forum.cs-car...ndpost&p=333501

#333501 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 14 November 2020 - 07:37 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

We've developed an easy to use addon tha allows you to hide selected menus, tabs and fields from Vendors.  

It can also optionally modify email fields for:
  + From customer to Vendor - hide customer email/phone fields, change from/reply-to email headers to be from site
  + From Vendor to Customer - change From/Reply-to to Site email address (TBD - change Vendor's email/phone to site's email/phone).

Purchase site: https://ez-ms.com/ez...dor-fields.html
Documentation: https;//ez-ms.com/docs/ez_vendor_fields.pdf
Marketplace: https://marketplace....dor-fields.html

#331723 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 September 2020 - 06:29 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Yes, you can set a menu item to null in a post schema and then enable it in another to move it.  But why do you want to do this shuffle?  Pretty clear that 'Vendor' functionality is in the 'Vendor' main menu....

#330857 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 August 2020 - 09:22 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Create my_changes/schemas/menu.post.tpl and:

unset($schema['top']['customers'], $schema['top']['website']);
return $schema;

UNTESTED

#339251 Try Version 4.13.1 Before Release

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 07:00 PM in News and Announcements

That's a pretty long list of template hooks that have been removed....  Guess the basic question is WHY?  Hooks are intended to insulate an addon from changes to the core product.  Removing hooks used to do that kind of defeats that purpose.

#339255 Try Version 4.13.1 Before Release

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 07:08 PM in News and Announcements

All the more reason to stop developing production addons for customers.

#331829 Shipping Costs

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 September 2020 - 08:12 PM in General Questions

Hi can any one guide me, how I can change shipping functionality.

I want to calculate shipping cost on total weight instead of vendor according shipping

Not sure what you mean by "instead of vendor according shipping".

#341010 How Can We Improve Cs-Cart?

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:37 PM in General Questions

Our EZ Admin Helper addon has cost based pricing (or simply cost tracking) as just one of the many enhancements it provides.  Adding a Supplier product code is not a big deal. The issue becomes getting it available via the API, integrated into the newer email system, and all the other nuanced places where it might be needed.  And then there's the work to get a new field to work with Variations and/or Common Products.

If you want further extensions, contact me via the Get A Quote link in my signature and specify your additional needs.

#336349 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 07 February 2021 - 08:51 PM in General Questions

sorry, I've already freely provided all that I can in support of your endeavor.  

Again, I strongly suggest you hire a developer to help you.

#335966 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 28 January 2021 - 05:25 PM in General Questions

If you can't get from there to where you want to be, then again, suggest you hire a developer to assist you.

#335848 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 January 2021 - 04:19 AM in General Questions

Are you trying to reduce duplication and returns?  Or are you just trying to be nice?  If you just want to give them a warning, create a app/addons/my_changes/controllers/frontend/checkout.post.php file and put this content in it.

<?php
  if( !defined('BOOTSTRAP') ) die('Access denied');
  if( $mode == 'add' && ($user_id = $_SESSION['auth']['user_id']) ) { // Only check on add-to-cart for logged in users
    $product_id = $dispatch_extra; // $dispatch_extra should hold the product_id
    if( $product_id) {
      $order_id = db_get_field("SELECT order_id FROM ?:orders AS o
           INNER JOIN ?:order_details AS od ON o.order_id=od.order_id AND od.product_id=?i 
           WHERE o.user_id=?i
           ORDER BY order_id DESC", $product_id, $user_id);
      if( $order_id ) {
        $product = db_get_field("SELECT product FROM ?:product_descriptions WHERE product_id=?i AND lang_code=?s", $product_id, CART_LANGUAGE);
        $msg = sprintf("You've ordered '$product' before in order ID '$order_id'.  <a href=\"%s\">Click here to view the order</a>.", fn_url("orders.details&amp;order_id=$order_id") );
        fn_set_notification('W', __("warn"), $msg, 'K');
      }
    }
  }
  return array(CONTROLLER_STATUS_OK);
?>

**UNTESTED**

If you want to put the '$msg' on a product page instead, just wrap the above in a function tarting where the product_id is assigned and have it return $msg instead of setting the notification If no HIT then return an empty string..  Then your template code would look like (assuming you named this 'function my_purchased_before($product_id)'.

{$purchaed_before={$product.product_id|my_purchased_before}
{if $purchased_before}
  <p>{$purchased_before nofilter}</p>
{/if}

You get the idea....

#335836 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 26 January 2021 - 06:09 PM in General Questions

I know of no changes that would affect the code I freely provided.  

#336334 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 06 February 2021 - 07:03 PM in General Questions

If you are using a function with parameters of $product_id and $user_id, why are you setting them to global variables?

I have no  idea of what you're truing to do based on the code you are providing.  Also, please put code inside "code" tags so it's readable.

#336300 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 February 2021 - 07:03 PM in General Questions

If you're using the code I provided and put it in a function, you just need to return $order_id and then use the return value.

#329969 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:30 PM in General Questions

So what is a "verified purchase" to you? It doesn't really mean anything as text relative to the current user.  If they didn't purchase, what to they care who else purchased but didn't leave a review?

#334629 Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.12.1 Released

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 December 2020 - 09:11 PM in News and Announcements

to do it properly is:

Use my_changes addon.

create design/backend/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl

add the following line to that file

{style src="addons/my_changes/styles.css"}

create a file named design/backend/css/addons/my_changes/styles.css

make your changes there.

Clear your cache.

#336774 Paypal For Commerce

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 06:41 PM in General Questions

Taxation is based on the rates you setup for "locations".  Each vendor is an 'origin' and the customer is a 'destination'. So taxes are calculated on the destination and shipping is done between origin and destination.  Not sure your above is a valid scenario (but I'm not in EU and am surprised by many things there).  But all the taxes should be based on the customer's location.

Taxjar is great in the US since we tax based on product type, amounts and State, County and City levels.  I.e. in NY City, garmets are not taxed if the item is under like $110.  But if it's over that, it's taxed at 8%.  If you sell auto tires, you have tire taxes at federal level and all jurisdictions down to the city level.  US Taxes MUST be done by something like TaxJar or not done at all to be accurate.

But, given taxes are different EVERYWHERE, it's hard to set accurate rules and exceptions.  I.e. a customer can be 'tax_exempt' but maybe only for one vendor on a site they may not be "tax exempt" for others in the order. Especially if you have a truly worldwide marketplace.

#336491 Paypal For Commerce

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 09:21 PM in General Questions

Paypal has launched a MV product at least 4 times.  At least they're not making this one public before they abort it.

#336743 Paypal For Commerce

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 12:38 AM in General Questions

Not familiar with them.  But TaxJar is not a payment method, it is a tax api.  It is quite good and accurate, but also quite expensive the way cs-cart does taxation (by product).  So every time an item is added/removed from the cart, it's a tax transaction for each product in the cart and they charge by the transaction.

#340657 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:42 PM in Developers' Corner

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with details of that specific payment processor.  Given it sets the proper status, and changing to/from that status does generate notification that you either have a setting or 3rd party addon/modification that is preventing the notifications from being sent.

Does your Administration/Log indicate that the email has been sent?

Given this is a distributed payment method, you might want to save some time and just contact Helpdesk and have them investigate it for you.

#340655 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:31 PM in Developers' Corner

What is your payment processor?  Is the status changed when payment is received to 'P' (Paid, Processed, etc.)?  Or do you have to change it manually?