tbirnseth's Content

There have been 459 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 27-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#337317 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 March 2021 - 09:46 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Can you please add a hook that surrounds the payment_surcharge and tax display in the blocks/checkout/summary.tpl file.

If possible, please name it checkout:taxes_and_fees_summary

#337480 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 11 March 2021 - 09:10 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Posted Today, 01:06 PM#1

Please add a post hook near the end of the function of:

fn_set_hook('customer_location_post', $auth, $cart, $billing, $s_info);

Just before the return of $s_info.

Given that a shipping method of 'pickup at location' wants to use the customer's address for tax purposes is incorrect.  It should be using the location of the pickup point for taxes.

#330779 Ebay Synchronization Add-On: Improvements And New Features

Posted by tbirnseth on 25 August 2020 - 08:14 PM in News and Announcements

You could always inquire of developers who might be willing to work on the addon so that it works according to your needs.  I personally wouldn't touch it.  It is very fragile code and cost/risk of change far exceeds the budgets of most individuals here.  Not all of that is cs-cart's issue.  Ebay and Amazon are notorious for producing an API or interface document and then 6 months later declare it as obsolete requiring developers to start over from square one.  Not supportable by a small business developer to productize.  Unfortunately cs-cart is too small a player in the ecommerce market to have any weight to throw.

#336496 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 11:42 PM in Upcoming features

1) Your developer can use css to change colors for you.

2) Addons available for this in the marketplace

3) Are you talking tool-tips?  That would be a core change that you should route through helpdesk.  If you're talking changing from "+" to "Add" and gear menu icon to "Menu", too me, that would be a step backward.  Currently closely matches an Android Phone UI.

#333501 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 14 November 2020 - 07:37 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

We've developed an easy to use addon tha allows you to hide selected menus, tabs and fields from Vendors.  

It can also optionally modify email fields for:
  + From customer to Vendor - hide customer email/phone fields, change from/reply-to email headers to be from site
  + From Vendor to Customer - change From/Reply-to to Site email address (TBD - change Vendor's email/phone to site's email/phone).

Purchase site: https://ez-ms.com/ez...dor-fields.html
Documentation: https;//ez-ms.com/docs/ez_vendor_fields.pdf
Marketplace: https://marketplace....dor-fields.html

#331723 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 September 2020 - 06:29 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Yes, you can set a menu item to null in a post schema and then enable it in another to move it.  But why do you want to do this shuffle?  Pretty clear that 'Vendor' functionality is in the 'Vendor' main menu....

#339400 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 May 2021 - 09:51 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Anyone know how to hide "Pages" menu from vendors but not the "Blog" menu?

When I try the following code it not only hide pages but also blog menu.

$schema['controllers']['pages']['permissions'] = false; 

See https://forum.cs-car...ndpost&p=333501

#330857 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 August 2020 - 09:22 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Create my_changes/schemas/menu.post.tpl and:

unset($schema['top']['customers'], $schema['top']['website']);
return $schema;

UNTESTED

#332587 Review Of Ez Merchant Solutions

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 October 2020 - 07:10 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Please try contacting us via email.  I was traveling last week and cell service was spotty.  I did not get a voicemail from you.

#336439 Changing Our Marketplace Of Add-Ons And Themes

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 01:44 AM in General Questions

Note that this is a community forum.  You should use helpdesk if you want a direct dialog.  But then no one else will be aware of your conversation.

#330781 Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.11.4 Released

Posted by tbirnseth on 25 August 2020 - 08:26 PM in News and Announcements

As I understand it the site logo is used as the default ONLY if the company logo can't be found.

#338267 Add-On: Export Cs-Cart Add-Ons

Posted by tbirnseth on 06 April 2021 - 06:20 PM in Developers' Corner

Please contact me directly.  I sue it on 4.12.2 with no problems.  None of the directory structure has changed that it uses.

#331138 Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.11.5 Released

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 September 2020 - 06:59 PM in News and Announcements

PayPal Commerce Platfrorm and Stripe Connect aren't mutually exclusive.

But from a customer perspective they certainly are.  If I can't order products from multiple vendors due to them not all subscribing to the same payment method, then by definition they are exclusive (mutually exclusive means I'd choose between one or the other, not have no options).  What happens if the marketplace ONLY has PapPal and Stripe as payment methods?  Is customer denied a purchase?

#331196 Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.11.5 Released

Posted by tbirnseth on 07 September 2020 - 07:47 PM in News and Announcements

I guess my question (from an engineering perspective) is twofold:

1) Why do you want a customer to choose what credit card payment processor to use?  Nobody else does that.  Logical payment methods shown to customer would be: credit card, paypal, whatever pay, phone order, etc.  The merchant should choose the credit card processor. They're the one paying the fees.

2) Given that your already segregate the order by Vendor, why not simply group the vendors of the methods (stripe, paypal, manual assuming both are credit card processing methods) and allocate accordingly?  If a vendor is not in either group, the allocation should be manual and the order process should highlight that and ensure the vendor's are paid manually before the order can be closed/completed.

The site should make it as easy as possible to attract new vendors.  Each unique requirement you place on a vendor causes them to be more hesitant to sign up.  They want to invest as little as possible in a new site until it proves to be profitable.

#332347 How to run report on Promotion Code use

Posted by tbirnseth on 09 October 2020 - 05:58 PM in General Questions

If you are referring to the addon mentioned in #4, no it is not available.

#334629 Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.12.1 Released

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 December 2020 - 09:11 PM in News and Announcements

to do it properly is:

Use my_changes addon.

create design/backend/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl

add the following line to that file

{style src="addons/my_changes/styles.css"}

create a file named design/backend/css/addons/my_changes/styles.css

make your changes there.

Clear your cache.

#336427 Shipstation Intergration

Posted by tbirnseth on 09 February 2021 - 08:35 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Just as an FYI ...  Ship Station no longer supports CS-Cart newer than 4.6.3. We're getting more and more reports of it not working on newer versions. Ship Station support confirms that their last release of the plugin does not work.

We're working on potentially fixing the last version of the plugin so it runs for the most recent (2/2021) CS-Cart release. We'll update the thread if this get finalized.

Hopefully you'll fix the megabytes of error_log entries for shipstation....  Tons of undefined index notices....

#331829 Shipping Costs

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 September 2020 - 08:12 PM in General Questions

Hi can any one guide me, how I can change shipping functionality.

I want to calculate shipping cost on total weight instead of vendor according shipping

Not sure what you mean by "instead of vendor according shipping".

#332698 Contact Cs Cart Admins Privately

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 October 2020 - 06:02 PM in Why CS-Cart

You can always report one of your own posts and then in the description put your topic to a moderator.

#330186 Hook is not callable

Posted by tbirnseth on 03 August 2020 - 06:18 PM in Configuration

Also ensure you clear your cache since hooks are cached.

#339255 Try Version 4.13.1 Before Release

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 07:08 PM in News and Announcements

All the more reason to stop developing production addons for customers.

#339251 Try Version 4.13.1 Before Release

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 07:00 PM in News and Announcements

That's a pretty long list of template hooks that have been removed....  Guess the basic question is WHY?  Hooks are intended to insulate an addon from changes to the core product.  Removing hooks used to do that kind of defeats that purpose.

#330120 Backlinks Creation

Posted by tbirnseth on 31 July 2020 - 06:40 PM in SEO

Go to every major site (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.) and create a post that has a link to your site.  Best if you can get your friends to like the request and better yet if they click the link.

#330122 Backlinks Creation

Posted by tbirnseth on 31 July 2020 - 07:53 PM in SEO

Won't get you blacklisted to create a business presence on main Social Media sites.  If you create that presence and then get 100's of links-in from those sites then yes, that will throw a flag up.  But we're talking about consumer operations like friends and family. Voilume will never be enough to get you flagged.

You should also add paid search results in all the major search engines for your site.  To make it effective, you should bid high for the first couple of weeks on your primary keywords. Then you can lower bids after you get an initial presence.

#338481 Keep getting product code error???

Posted by tbirnseth on 14 April 2021 - 03:50 PM in General Questions

I just posted this to the bugtracker.  Seems there are many problems that come back with the same error message:

https://forum.cs-car...ies-restricted/