tbirnseth's Content

There have been 459 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 27-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#329745 Has This Changed For Anyone Else?

Posted by tbirnseth on 20 July 2020 - 07:12 PM in Developers' Corner

Using a addon.xml section of:

<functions>
  <item for="install">
    my_install_function
  </item>
</functions>

No longer seems to work on a new install when my_install_function() is in func.php.  It used to work.

So how does one now call a private installation function when the addon is first installed?

And of course, there is no error indication at all.

Thoughts?

#329746 Speed Up Query

Posted by tbirnseth on 20 July 2020 - 07:24 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Well, there could be 10000 reasons why...  Cs-cart caches various things in its registry.  I.e. Settings, templates associated with a particular controller/mode as well as css and compiled templates themselves.

The most common source of slowness is failure to prune/truncate the cscart_logs table on a monthly or more frequent basis.  It can get pretty large and since it's updated by all sorts of areas, there can be quite a wait while the table is locked for update or read.  Alternately if your server ownerships/permissions are preventing the var/cache directory tree from being created, then you'll be regenerating everything from scratch on every page load.

You could also have 3rd party JS integrations that are blocking due to a variety of reasons.

Performance analysis can be very time consuming.  The first thing I would do is create a local_conf.php file something similar to:

if( $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == [your ip address] ) {
  if( !defined('DEVELOPMENT') ) define('DEVELOPMENT', true);
  if( !defined('DEBUG']) define('DEBUG', true);
  ini_set('display_errors', true);
  error_reporting(E_ALL);
}

When you load a page you'll get a bug icon in the upper right of the screen.  Click it to open the debugger.  There's a lot there and too much to detail here, but that should get you started.  The SQL diags are actually pretty good.  But don't try to do import/exports with DEBUG enabled.  You'll run out of memory.

Is the backend slow as well?  Or just the frontend?

#329747 Mv Question: How To Have Vendor Shop Open In An Other Tab Automatically

Posted by tbirnseth on 20 July 2020 - 07:27 PM in Hints & Modifications

Thanks for the catch Ecom.  Path corrected in original post.

#329775 Has This Changed For Anyone Else?

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 July 2020 - 05:53 PM in Developers' Corner

I have in the past as well and it no longer seems to work on a client site (4.11.3).  I've added a mode for 'check_install' that will call it after the install, but seems like it should load func.php after the settings are created and that 'my_install_function' would be called....  Wish there were some kind of logging of installation issues other than what's reported as errors via notifications.

#329776 Posted Variable Values Being Stripped

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 July 2020 - 06:01 PM in Developers' Corner

I have a client who uses an addon from a different developer (not responding to their needs).  The addon is installed on 2 sites with the exact same version of cs-cart (including other addons and schemas).

On  site1 everything works fine.  There is a separate tab on the order.details page for shipping label info.  On this page there are form variables named like 'delivery_type', 'pkg_weight', etc. (not within a separate array container like my_shipping[delivery_type], my_shipping[pkg_weight]..  On site1, POSTed data comes through just fine with delivery_type=type1, pkg_weight=4.5.

However, on site2 the variable values are being stripped.    I.e. the variables are coming across, but empty.  I.e. delivery_type=, pkg_weight=

I had thought that maybe they were being stripped due to fn_trusted_vars() but there's no call to this on either site within this addon.  I also thought that a security issue would remove the variable and its value.

The schema tree of the two sites is the same.

Any pointers?

#329778 Limit Character Types In Profile Fields - I.e. First And Last Name

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 July 2020 - 06:19 PM in General Questions

Probably easiest way is to do something like this in app/addons/my_changes/controllers/common/profiles.pre.php

if( $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST' ) {
  $excluded_strings('http:', 'https:', 'ftp:', 'sftp:', 'ftps:');
  $exclude_fields('firstname', 'lastname');

foreach($exclude_fields as $field) {
    if( !empty($_REQUEST[$field])  ) {
        foreach($excluded_strings as $str) {
          if( stripos($_REQUEST[$field], $str) !== false ) {
          die("Hacker go away!");
        }
      }
    }
  }
}
return array(CONTROLLER_STATUS_OK);

#329779 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 July 2020 - 06:31 PM in General Questions

Create a function in my_changes/func.php like:

function my_check_previous_order($product_id, $user_id) {
  if( empty($user_id) || empty($product_id) ) return false;
  return db_get_field("SELECT count(od.product_id) FROM ?:orders AS o LEFT JOIN ?:order_details AS od ON od.order_id=o.order_id AND od.product_id=?i WHERE o.user_id=?i", $product_id, $user_id);
  UNTESTED
}
And then in template:
{assign var="ordered_before" value=$oi.product_id|my_check_previous_order:$auth.user_id}
[if $ordered_before}
  verified order
{/if}
I updated the db_query above to use db_get_field instead.

#329805 Has This Changed For Anyone Else?

Posted by tbirnseth on 22 July 2020 - 05:54 PM in Developers' Corner

If there was a duplicate function name, I'd get a php error at runtime.
Here is the exact copy/paste from addon.xml.

<functions>
  <item for="install">
    ez_euro_texts_install
  </item>
</functions>

Using the new object oriented addon style

What do yo mean by the above? Documentation link?

#329806 Security Warning

Posted by tbirnseth on 22 July 2020 - 06:22 PM in Third-Party Services

If valid, you should report this directly to helpdesk so they can escalate and investigate the issue.

#329850 Has This Changed For Anyone Else?

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 05:55 PM in Developers' Corner

No, before it completes.  I.e. for="install".  Didn't know there was a for="preinstall".

#329851 Calculate/pay Order After It Has Been Placed.

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 06:07 PM in Developers' Corner

Yes of course.  You can "CHARGE" or "AUTH ONLY" upon order submission as an addon setting.  However, the "additional charge" functionality only supports CHARGE.  Most clients use this when shipping or other order variables are undetermined at time of order.The CHARGE of an AUTH ONLY order is a manual (button click) operation.  It is not setup to trigger a CHARGE on order status change.  But we could certainly extend it to do so.

This payment method works upon the original (parent) order.  So the answer to your question is yes.  So the AUTH or CHARGE amount is based on the parent order total.  Cs-cart then splits this up by vendor when it splits the orders. But do note that if you use AUTH ONLY , the full order amount will be authorized.  However, you can only CHARGE once against a Square transaction_id (limitation of Square).  Hence if you are going to CHARGE against an AUTH for vendor1, when you go to do vendor2, you will have to CHARGE again for that amount.  Hence for MVE environments, it's not really recommended to use AUTH ONLY because it requires much more management.  It is best to CHARGE  and then if there's an issue you can do a partial REFUND.

#329853 Limit Character Types In Profile Fields - I.e. First And Last Name

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 06:10 PM in General Questions

Feel free to click the link in my signature and I'll be happy to give you a quote.  We can either create a separate addon for you or extend your existing my_changes addon to do so.

#329857 Security Warning

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 07:26 PM in Third-Party Services

Not in my source base either.  It does appear that your site has been hacked.  Suggest you change all passwords related to it and move the file to a different name so cs-cart can take a look at it.

#329858 Smarty Error

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 07:27 PM in General Questions

You'll need to determine where the actual smarty template is.  From the message I'd guess that someone has tried to provide an attribute named 'width'.

#329913 Calculate/pay Order After It Has Been Placed.

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:50 PM in Developers' Corner

Sorry, no demo and having the customer manage payment is not supported.

Cool, can i see a kind of demo? thanks and i don't know if i made my self clear enough, i want the customer to be the one to release the funds from the frontend but admin can still release it too

#329914 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:56 PM in General Questions

how can I check if a buyer purchased an item, I'm trying to show verified purchase on reviews that where left by users who purchased the item.

Your requirements are not clear.  You reference 'buyer purchases' and then say you want guests to see.  At this point I have no idea what you want.  If you want further help, you'll have to request a quote via the link in my signature.

#329915 How Can I Disable A Vendor Account Using Php

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:57 PM in General Questions

db_query("UPDATE ?:copanies SET status=?s WHERE company_id=?i", 'D', $company_id);

#329916 How Do I Create A Product With An Optional 1 Time Set Up Fee. Cs-Cart

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:59 PM in General Questions

Us promotions with a negative bonus

#329917 Designing Store In Webflow

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 10:02 PM in Store Design & Templates

Good luck.  You will never get an addon to work in that environment.  Everything is Smarty templates (other than the newer (worst) email editor which is based on TWIG).

#329918 Homepage Ajax Loader

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 10:06 PM in General Questions

Suggest you implement your own JS within an addon (like my_changes) to perform whatever action you want when the index.index controller is run.

#329969 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:30 PM in General Questions

So what is a "verified purchase" to you? It doesn't really mean anything as text relative to the current user.  If they didn't purchase, what to they care who else purchased but didn't leave a review?

#329970 Mv Question: How To Have Vendor Shop Open In An Other Tab Automatically

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:33 PM in Hints & Modifications

DO NOT modify the distributed template itself.  Your changes may be overwritten in a future upgrade.  Both Ecom and I have given you all the info you need to do it properly.  If you did not see the changes, then either you put the override file in the wrong place or you did NOT clear your cache after creating the override file.  The only other possibility is that a higher priority addon is overriding the file first. But that is unlikely.

#329971 Homepage Ajax Loader

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:35 PM in General Questions

if that doesn't make sense to you, suggest you hire someone to do it for you.  If you want to provide your requirements, be happy to give you a quote.  Just click the link in my signature.

#329972 Security Warning

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:36 PM in Third-Party Services

Well, then I hope you changed all passwords related to your hosting and your site.

#329977 Mv Question: How To Have Vendor Shop Open In An Other Tab Automatically

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 09:53 PM in Hints & Modifications

You're fine.  Language and experience can all be obstacles.  Glad you got it working properly.  Cs-cart will always take the shortest path (not the best path).  Hence you'll come back to them again after an upgrade.