Kentucky's Content

There have been 6 items by Kentucky (Search limited from 29-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#337418 Search By Product/shop/city

Posted by Kentucky on 09 March 2021 - 07:04 PM in General Questions

Hello,

I am not sure what do you want to achieve. Products and vendors are completely separate entities, it's not possible to show both of them in search results. If I understand you incorrectly, please clarify what do you need.

Our add-on allows customers to search for vendors, in their own page. The "Categories" filter is meant to enable filtering vendors by categories they're able to use (from Vendor Plans).

Best regards,

Robert

That's what's what I'm looking for. I understand products and vendors are separate entities, however I would think there would be a way for both to be returned in search results. For example, if a shopper typed in "shirts", shirt products and shirt vendors would be returned (albeit in separate layout blocks). If a shopper typed in "pizza", types of pizzas would show up as well as pizza parlors in the area (again, in separate layout blocks).

#337343 Search By Product/shop/city

Posted by Kentucky on 07 March 2021 - 06:30 AM in General Questions

@soft-solid, I am still looking for a solution to have the search results display products and vendors from the main search bar. I see that you have added the location filter by Categories. I emailed a couple addon creators and Simtech is the only one that's gotten back with me so far. I would prefer to have a couple quotes to compare if possible.

#337342 Friendly Vendor Pannel

Posted by Kentucky on 07 March 2021 - 06:09 AM in General Questions

We recently launched our multi-vendor marketplace and are running into a lot of similar issues. We've had about 30 vendors sign up so far however only 5 have actually listed any products. We even have it set up so once we approve a vendor to pending status, it fires off an email to walk them through setting up their Stripe account and first steps. The feedback I get is that the dashboard is too confusing. Of the 5 we have listed, we set up the product listings for those clients. This (and a couple other minor reasons) has me completely reevaluating our choice with CS-Cart and I'm actively exploring other options. CS-Cart has a lot of good things going for them and I would prefer to stay with them but if the system itself drives away the people we are trying to attract, no amount of goodwill is going to fix that.

#333633 Search By Product/shop/city

Posted by Kentucky on 18 November 2020 - 10:13 PM in General Questions

Yes, you can setup Vendor Locations Add-on to do that.

I've got that addon set up. I would like to see the search bar return a product or shop in the search rather than just a product. There really shouldn't be a need for the customer to go search in two different locations. Can search by shop be added into the main search bar? Am I missing something?

#333625 Search By Product/shop/city

Posted by Kentucky on 18 November 2020 - 02:48 PM in General Questions

Does anyone have their search functionality set up to search not just by product, but by shop and/or city as well?

#331832 Shipping Best Practices

Posted by Kentucky on 24 September 2020 - 10:27 PM in General Questions

Hi all, I'm fairly new to CS-Cart Multi-Vendor. In my research, there seems to be a wide and varied approach to shipping methods and shipping in general. I'd like to hear your best practices for shipping, any addons that you're using, what has worked and hasn't worked. For reference, we'll be operating and shipping in the USA only using Multi-Vendor Ultimate 4.11.5. Thanks!