ricoche's Content

There have been 14 items by ricoche (Search limited from 13-Oct 18)

Sort by                Order  

#37846 Mobile Phone Theme

Posted by ricoche on 06 September 2008 - 02:54 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

There is a free ecommerce solution which comes with a mobile template. Not sure if i'm allowed to say here though.

Thanks very much for the reply. I've decided to stick it out with Cs-cart and put together a mobile theme from scratch. I've already started and it's looking great on the emulators I have. Thanks!!

#37845 Mobile Phone Theme

Posted by ricoche on 06 September 2008 - 02:52 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Try this.

http://www.snorocket.com/?page_id=11

Don't think there's a single "mobile" word on that page. Advert?

In any event, I've already started to create a theme and integrating it with cs-cart for mobile devices. So for it's working great. Thanks!

#37820 How can I create an "Add to cart" button?

Posted by ricoche on 05 September 2008 - 04:11 PM in General Questions

Awesome!! Thank you very much. Works perfectly. That pretty much solves the final problem with my mobile site. Thanks!

Jim

#37819 Add to Cart without using Javascript

Posted by ricoche on 05 September 2008 - 04:05 PM in v1.x Configuration

Thanks to standingontv from another post.

Simply add the following to the form action and change the javascript submit code to a plain form submit version. Works great!!

"index.php?target=cart"

With regards to mobile stuff, I almost have my test site working well with a mobile theme that I'm working on. Over at the .mobi test area I have managed to get a fair rating for mobile readiness. The problems I need to correct are pretty easy and should be able to get a "good" rating or better thereafter. So far so good.

One tip when creating your own mobile theme. I completely removed the regular CSS style sheet. That eliminated a lot of work and gave me a great place to start. After that you have to go into ALL of the templates one by one and zap all the CSS that is hard coded. Once you have a clean slate, you can go back and add CSS via a new style sheet that works for mobile. You also need to get rid of all the multi-column code and add line breaks or alignment code where needed. Also get rid of all the tables which a few are left and change those to <div> or <p>. You can also like I mentioned above use the .mobi emulator and validate process to determine other changes. There are some additional template changes that need to be made which are indicated by the validation errors.

Finally, you need to remove all javascript, ajax, and any web 2.0 code that is not mobile standard. No worries about adding XML though like many people say because it will work perfectly without it. I live in Japan and they don't use XML at all for their online shopping carts. Just good ole' CSS, HTML, and PHP and they work awesome!!.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jim

#37815 How can I create an "Add to cart" button?

Posted by ricoche on 05 September 2008 - 02:03 PM in General Questions

LOL, I was hoping it was going to be a simple link with a qty and product_id embedded..

But thanks very much, I shall take a look! :)

I'm looking for an add to cart link without the use of javascript. I need a simple link like mydomain.com/cart/index.php?mode=add&qty=1&product_id=5423 for example.

Would anyone happen to know how this is handled without javascript? Thanks!

#37809 Add to Cart without using Javascript

Posted by ricoche on 05 September 2008 - 05:58 AM in v1.x Configuration

Is there a way to add items to the cart without using Javascript? I am trying to create a mobile theme and all works well except mobile phones do not use javascript. Thanks!

#37806 Mobile Phone Theme

Posted by ricoche on 05 September 2008 - 01:40 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

I think we really need a theme for Mobile Phone users. Most of my clients these days who request websites all want mobile surfing and shopping capability. Building a regular mobile site is not too difficult, but there doesn't seem to be any mobile ecommerce solutions on the market. I would think this would be a huge area for existing ecommerce solutions like CS-Cart to take advantage of. What do you think?

Note Asia, especially Japan is well ahead on using mobile phones for online shopping. The U.S. for example seems to be quite far behind. Perhaps a difference in culture? Not sure.

Thanks!!

#37805 Shopping via mobile phone theme

Posted by ricoche on 05 September 2008 - 01:27 AM in v1.x Store Design & Templates

Hello,

I have clients who require a theme for mobile cell phone usage. They want to be able to browse, register, and purchase via their cell phone.

What I'm curious about is whether all I would need to do is change the theme to a mobile one or whether the code would have to be changed as well. My thinking is that if I can get cs-cart to look good on the phone, then the functionality should be ok. Of course Ajax and Javascript may need to be disabled, but the basic functionality of the site should be ok I would image.

Would anyone happen to have any ideas on what path to take in order to port a cs-cart over to a mobile shopping solution? Anyone tried using CS-Cart on their mobile phone?

Thanks!

#33161 Help Required : Adding "Quantity" to categories page

Posted by ricoche on 11 May 2008 - 08:16 AM in v1.x Configuration

Sorry..edited...fixed my problem.

About your problem though, I think the javascript function might have something to do with it. It's all tied to the bulk add to cart form system. Although there is a foreach, upon submission, all values in input boxes are submitted.

In any event, I am now exactly where you are with my test site and am trying to figure out a way to ONLY submit the values for that one item regardless if there are values in other quantity boxes. With php this is easy, but with javascript I am not sure. I'm doing some reading now.

Jim

#31498 Product Images Very Distorted after upload

Posted by ricoche on 04 April 2008 - 12:47 AM in General Questions

Hi there,

I noticed when I upload some images in .gif format that are "width=15" and "height=100" for example, that they enlarge and stretch out bigtime. They come out very distorted. Is this because of the Gif format or some other image reason? I am going to try and convert to .jpg format but I thought I would ask in case there might be a well known issue about such images. It's almost as if CS-cart doesn't know how to handle the .gif or elongated image very well. If the image is more 100x125 for example in .gif format everything is fine, but only if 10x100 does it flip out on me.

Thanks,

Jim

#25480 Changing Miminum Amount Upon Checkout

Posted by ricoche on 14 December 2007 - 04:21 AM in General Questions

Fixed my problem at least without any side effects so far. Here's what I did.

In file /core/fn_cart.php edit line 2777 and change from $result = false; to $result = true;

Then in /skins/basic/admin/payment_methods.tpl change line 8 from {if $cart.total|floatval} to {if $cart.total}

I tried a ton of different things and I believe in the end, these were the two changes that made everything work the way I wanted it to. Line 2777 basically removes the $0.00 minimum condition and makes anything put in the cart result in true.

With regards to line 8 of the payment_methods.tpl, I understand where the floatval pops up around the code, but I have no idea why when removed it makes things work. It is a part of the conditional, but I am not sure why. Since I edited line 2777, the $cart.total works so I didn't need to remove that.

Sound complicated? Yeah, it pretty much is, however if anyone knows what I'm talking about here and can see any problems, I'd really appreciate any additional info. Otherwise case closed in my book and I'm off to the next programming task.

Thanks very much.

Jim

#25474 Changing Miminum Amount Upon Checkout

Posted by ricoche on 14 December 2007 - 01:04 AM in General Questions

Thanks everyone for the replies.

The problem is that when the total amount due is $0.00, the shopping cart will not allow you to view the payment step which contains choices for faxing, calling, or obtaining a purchase order. The Cart claims that any order that totals $0.00 will not be allowed to be further processed. --"To continue checkout process your order total must exceed $0.00."-- Even with a Free checkout or "zero price action", this will lead to a total amount of $0.00. I need to get the cart to recognize that any order with a total amount due of $0.00 is a legitimate order regardless if the amount totals $0.00. I will investigate further and update this post with a solution when I find one. Thanks again for the replies. They help me very much in making sure I am looking at all options.

Regards,

Jim

#25468 Changing Miminum Amount Upon Checkout

Posted by ricoche on 13 December 2007 - 11:15 PM in General Questions

Thanks! I'll look into it. I have PHP experience so I figured there was something in the code somewhere, but I'm also seeing a lot of javascript and Ajax code which is something I'm not heavily familiar with, so I thought I would ask some of the more experienced users here. It's probably something simple, it's just taking some time wading through all the code for CS-Cart right now. I'm sure I'll find it sooner or later.

If I can find a way to allow items that cost $0.00 to checkout and complete orders that would be great. Currently I am setting all products to $0.01 which works of course, but that is kind of unprofessional for the size and type of company I work for.

Thanks again!

#25465 Changing Miminum Amount Upon Checkout

Posted by ricoche on 13 December 2007 - 10:41 PM in General Questions

Hello,

I have a company that is currently working on their pricing of products. Until then, we have them all listed as $0.00 and are allowing customer to "request" a quote for each item by simply adding an item to the cart and sending in an order. Upon receipt of the invoice, we either call or email the customer about actual pricing and conduct business in that fashion. The company is a distributor which is why we're doing things differently.

The problem at hand is that we cannot find a way to allow customers to send in orders with a miminum amount at $0.00. The cart will simply say "To continue checkout process your order total must exceed $0.00."

Is there anywhere in the code that I can change to allow orders to go through for amounts that result in $0.00? There must be a conditional statement somewhere in the code, but I simply can't find it anywhere among the templates or php files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jim