pop-micro's Content

There have been 27 items by pop-micro (Search limited from 09-May 20)

Sort by                Order  

#20342 Update CS-Cart Manual

Posted by pop-micro on 13 September 2007 - 06:52 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

The cs-cart manual in the file area is form 2005. I think its time to update that manual to reflect the most recent features and changes. Hopefully, we'll see a new manual with the release of 1.3.5

#20175 Need help with taxes please.

Posted by pop-micro on 06 September 2007 - 08:31 PM in v1.x Configuration

i have the same issue.

Taxes are calculated for each product separately. The norm on the internet is to calculated the tax on the subtotal and not on each product separately.

#20025 Tapetech Tools

Posted by pop-micro on 04 September 2007 - 01:38 AM in Advertise Your Store

site is tooo wide.

I'm on 1280 x 1024 resolution and have to scroll horizontally to see the entire products page.

#18489 Default image location

Posted by pop-micro on 30 July 2007 - 01:25 AM in General Questions

hey guys,

I've been looking through the database tables and can't seem to figure out where it stores the location to the image files, not the thumbnails.

i have a tab delimited text file with product code and name of the image on each line. I also have a folder full of 10,000 product images.

I've upload all the images into 2 separate folders '/images/large' and '/images/small'. The large folder contains the large images and the small folder contains small 90x90 thumbnails of the images.

I'm writing a little script to set the product image location for each product based on the product code but i can't find where the image locations are stored in the database.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

#18488 Anyone know correct permissions?

Posted by pop-micro on 30 July 2007 - 01:00 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

thanks, =)

#18238 Anyone know correct permissions?

Posted by pop-micro on 22 July 2007 - 08:47 PM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

Hey guys,

I've had cs-cart for a while but am finally getting around to working on it. I've installed the cart but am confused about the permissions. The manual, the screen, and many on the forum are saying different things. Can we have 1 definitive post on the permissions be stickyed or something?

Manual told me 777 pretty much on everything. The screen said 666 and 777. The forums say 755.

So can someone from cs-cart or anyone that hasn't had any permissions issues please chime in with what the permissions need to be set to?

Thanks

#15711 MAP Pricing MOD

Posted by pop-micro on 24 May 2007 - 04:20 PM in Third-Party Services

I think a map pricing mod would be great. There are products that certain manufacturers don't allow you advertise below a certain price. So have a a little link that says "Click to see price" would be great.

Some like amazon. here is an example.
http://www.amazon.co...80023584&sr=8-1

when you click the link "click to see price" it brings up a little popup with the pricing information.

#14885 Backup Database

Posted by pop-micro on 05 May 2007 - 02:32 AM in v1.x Configuration

hi,

when i try to backup my database form the admin area, i get an error saying

"Cannot create the file for database dump. Please check permissions for "var/database/backup" directory of CS-Cart installation."

what permissions need to be set for the /var/database/backup folder?

#14826 meta info (title, author etc.)

Posted by pop-micro on 04 May 2007 - 01:12 AM in v1.x Configuration

niiiiice, thanks.

this smarty tag stuff is really cool. My previous shopping cart didn't have it and this makes it so much easier to edit stuff.

#14824 terms and conditions

Posted by pop-micro on 04 May 2007 - 12:54 AM in v1.x Configuration

thanks!...

#14823 meta info (title, author etc.)

Posted by pop-micro on 04 May 2007 - 12:50 AM in v1.x Configuration

what about the author of the page?

on my main page, i got the following in my head section of the html

<meta name="author" content="CS-Cart.com" />

#14822 meta info (title, author etc.)

Posted by pop-micro on 04 May 2007 - 12:47 AM in v1.x Configuration

thanks!, would have never though it would be there.

thats a nice little sneaky way to get spread the word about cs-cart :cool:

#14811 Reset the bestseller module

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 10:01 PM in v1.x Configuration

where was it in the database?, this is very useful if you have items that are really old on the bestsellers box just because of a sale you had a while back.

I think it would be good to reset the bestsellers box every month or so depending on how many orders you are getting.

#14810 meta info (title, author etc.)

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 09:55 PM in v1.x Configuration

hey guys,

where can i change the title of the main page from?

right now it says "CS-Cart. Powerful PHP shopping cart software"

i want to change it and can't find it in the admin area anywhere. All I found is the meta description and keywords.

I want to change the title and the meta author because the author right now is "cs-cart.com"

thanks

#14809 OK I'm Tired of My Current Problems.

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 09:45 PM in v1.x Configuration

i think you can save ur products by exporting your catalog from

admin -> (catalog) Export Catalog

then export it to CSV file. I suggest using a tab delmiter.

then after you isntall your fresh copy of cs-cart just go ahead and import the products back again.

#14805 terms and conditions

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 09:37 PM in v1.x Configuration

admin -> (CMS - right hand side) Manage Pages. Your terms and conditions page should be listed there, as well as privacy policy, etc.....

terms and conditons are not listed there. I have a fresh install of the latest CS-Cart.

All i have is:
Privacy Policy
Contact us
Affiliate Policy
About PopMicro

#14804 terms and conditions

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 09:35 PM in v1.x Configuration

thanks, i just edit the template and make the text for terms and conditions link to the terms and conditions page right?

#14799 terms and conditions

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 09:19 PM in v1.x Configuration

hi,

under General settings i have checked "Ask customer to agree with terms & conditions during checkout" but where do i edit the terms and conditions?

#14765 images on main page

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 06:33 AM in v1.x Configuration

hi,

how can i have 12 random products from my inventory shown on the front page of my site under "featured products" ?

thanks

#14755 Right Permissions for files and folders?

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 01:33 AM in v1.x Security

when you say "all the files listed in php are then reverted to 644", do you mean this is done automatically or i have to do it from the console after install.

#14753 Right Permissions for files and folders?

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 01:07 AM in v1.x Security

hi,

The screenshots in the pdf manual said to set permissions to 666 on almost all of them but the text in the manual said 777. Then during the install it was a mixed of 666 and 777.

What are the exact file permissions i need to set to protect my files and directories appropriately?

What other tweaks should i do to secure the admin area and my files to the maximum level?

Thanks

#14752 images in databse or file system?

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 01:02 AM in v1.x Configuration

thanks... <-- needed to add a couple dots to get the minimum 10 character requirement per post. ;)

#14750 images in databse or file system?

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 12:36 AM in v1.x Configuration

just got Cs-cart installed and functional.

Which method of storing images provides better performance. Storing them in the database or the filesystem?

#14749 Curl off during Install

Posted by pop-micro on 03 May 2007 - 12:32 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

Got everything working well now :D

#14735 Curl off during Install

Posted by pop-micro on 02 May 2007 - 06:31 PM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

thanks,

i just rebuilt apache with curl modules and ssl modules installed in php.

i'm gonna give the install another shot and see how it goes.