glyndon's Content

There have been 13 items by glyndon (Search limited from 13-Oct 18)

Sort by                Order  

#158862 Redactor jQuery editor for CS-Cart

Posted by glyndon on 28 March 2013 - 08:53 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Let's not go backwards in functionality.

I presume CS-Cart will add this to the list of editors including TinyMCE and CKEditor? I would personally switch straight away to Redactor but not everyones needs are the same.

#158795 Redactor jQuery editor for CS-Cart

Posted by glyndon on 27 March 2013 - 11:08 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Great news! Redactor will be added as a default WYSIWYG editor in a next major CS-Cart release.

Excellent!

#158784 Redactor jQuery editor for CS-Cart

Posted by glyndon on 27 March 2013 - 08:56 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Good call. I really like the look of it too, especially the claim that it is 8 x faster than tinyMCE and CKEditor. Nice features too.

It gets my vote.

#151517 Amazon Marketplace & E-bay Integration - Lags Behind X-Cart, Opencart, Ma...

Posted by glyndon on 20 December 2012 - 03:40 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

It is obvious that Simbirsk Technologies Ltd are not a company with unlimited resources so I would rather them focus on their own product and create an API that in time will invite other companies to plug their products into it.

The last thing I would want is CS-Cart to put so much time into exploring other channels that their own product becomes neglected. The work they have put in to improve this cart over the last 6 years has been phenomenal and I hope this continues.

#144884 V3+ Add Location In Block Manager (How to add single page)

Posted by glyndon on 12 September 2012 - 03:26 PM in Configuration

I was struggling with this one until I figured it out.

1) Create new location.
2) In 'dispatch' dropdown choose 'view page'.
3) Click on 'Pages' tab next to 'General' tab.
4) Choose the page or pages that you want to target with new layout.

Hope this helps.

#139818 EUKHOST Cloud Hosting - any experience?

Posted by glyndon on 03 July 2012 - 03:46 PM in Web Hosting

We moved to Heart Internet VPS.

#139488 EUKHOST Cloud Hosting - any experience?

Posted by glyndon on 27 June 2012 - 09:52 AM in Web Hosting

We have not used their Cloud Hosting but we have used their shared hosting and a VPS and I personally found their servers to be quite slow. When we enquired about the speed issues they just said everything is working as it should. When we got daily comments from customers about the speed we moved hosts and have had no problems since.

#139225 Quick Search / Searchanise in 3.0.1 Pro

Posted by glyndon on 22 June 2012 - 11:13 AM in General Questions

We have already sounded out the Searchanise plan to some of our clients and as I expected, the feedback was not good. We have enough of a hard time convincing them that their data is safe with us (despite working with over 400 clients for the last 10 years) many of them have refused to allow us to hand over data to a 3rd party.

We will be sticking with the default on-site search on our version 3 stores but with the hope that one day the Quick search (which our clients and their customers love) will be back.

#138998 Free Addon: Terms and Conditions Popup Window

Posted by glyndon on 19 June 2012 - 01:46 PM in Hints & Modifications

48 downloads and no thanks?

Thank you padinsoft for your free addon.

#138600 Guidelines for Version 3.0.1 template designing

Posted by glyndon on 13 June 2012 - 10:18 AM in General Questions

If you want to change the width, give this a shot http://grids.heroku.com/

I find this tool very useful.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make CS-Cart use a different number of columns than the default 16?

With the above grid tool you are able to set the overall width, gutter size, column size or number of columns which is great but there is no point in changing the number of columns from 16 as this seems fixed in CS-Cart.

Very frustrating!

#137004 CS-Cart 3 Final Released

Posted by glyndon on 22 May 2012 - 12:37 PM in News and Announcements

Well done to all involved!!

#136700 CS-Cart 3 RC Released

Posted by glyndon on 18 May 2012 - 01:48 PM in News and Announcements

I know, but I've not installed it yet. I only downloaded it to see the differences from the RC6 package.

What does the top of the changelog.txt file say?

#136181 Searchanise

Posted by glyndon on 10 May 2012 - 11:31 AM in Upcoming features

This add-on is deprecated, it will replaced with Searchanise in CS-Cart 3.

This is very concerning.

As an agency, we are accountable to our clients for all aspects of the website we provide including any 3rd party functionality.

A couple of months ago we spent 3 days telling customers that they did have a license for their website and that it was the CS-Cart license server that was having problems and that we had not just taken their money and given them a free shopping cart.

What guarantee do we have that the Searchanise server will not have problems?

Personally I would like the choice of which search we use as we have never had any issues with the current one. If we do have a problem we are able to explain to the client what the problem is and how soon we can fix it.

With Searchanise we will not have that option.