kbrand's Content

There have been 6 items by kbrand (Search limited from 13-May 20)

Sort by                Order  

#235602 Uservoice Vote - Manual Shipping: Boxes And Dimensional Weight

Posted by kbrand on 24 November 2015 - 04:42 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

This thread has some great DIM discussions:

Flat rate is what it is. It should be possible to use CS-Cart without the need to use one of the eight real-time options on offer as they are not always applicable to everyone, and it looks like UPS is currently a one box broken gesture anyways.

There is the option of commissioning a developer to implement alternative real-time shippers but with the current functionality of shipping methods, what would be the point.

#235433 Uservoice Vote - Manual Shipping: Boxes And Dimensional Weight

Posted by kbrand on 23 November 2015 - 01:35 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Please consider voting for Manual Shipping Methods with Boxes and Dimensional Weight.

• - Manually add and configure multiple box sizes in shipping methods. 
  • - Ability to customise the Volumetric Divisor used for calculating the dimensional weight.

This will hopefully also help to champion CS-Cart to further investigate and understand more about the need for dimensional weight in today's global shipping environment.

The last UserVoice for multi-box shipments and dimensional weight was marked as completed in Feb 2011 by imac for v2.1.3 however that is only for vendor specific real-time shipping.

Thanks!

#235166 Shipping Cost Based On Dimensional Weight, Multiple Product Types

Posted by kbrand on 18 November 2015 - 07:45 PM in General Questions

I just tested this in default CS-Cart 4.3.4 and as far as I see this functionality works well when several different products are added to the cart (I tested with UPS and USPS). If you can provide a step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the situation when this functionality doesn't work, please post a bug in our bug tracker (http://forum.cs-cart...ject-1-cs-cart/) so we could check it.

You have tested using a real-time shipping configuration (UPS and USPS). Can you please do the same test for configuring a manual shipping method and advise the process.

#235086 Shipping Cost Based On Dimensional Weight, Multiple Product Types

Posted by kbrand on 18 November 2015 - 06:27 AM in General Questions

This functionality is present in CS-Cart since at least version 2.2.x

Can you please explain how the dimensional shipping weight functionality available since 2.2.x works for multiple products, I also cannot find the information in the knowledge base.

I have products with sizes assigned in their shipping properties however I cannot find where in shipping methods to add the shipping box sizes that the assorted products being sold can then to go into.

Also, is there somewhere I can customise the DIM volumetric divisor so I can use manual shipping methods?

Thanks

#230950 Trying To Upgrade From 4.3.1 To 4.3.2

Posted by kbrand on 23 September 2015 - 08:38 PM in Installation & Upgrade

For upgrade from 4.3.3.SP1 to 4.3.4 that was hanging on compress backup

'compress' => false,

That code replacement worked perfectly.

Thank you eComLabs.

#230814 Free Ssl/tls Certificates - Let's Encrypt

Posted by kbrand on 22 September 2015 - 08:22 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

Let's Encrypt aims to "revolutionize encryption on websites, making https implementation a seamless, no-cost option for anyone with a domain"

Let's Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority brought to you by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).

https://letsencrypt.org/