guitargeek's Content

There have been 12 items by guitargeek (Search limited from 19-Oct 18)

Sort by                Order  

#80893 w3c error code?

Posted by guitargeek on 25 May 2010 - 08:56 AM in General Questions

Hi,

Every now and then I do a w3c validation check on my site and have always passed.
I checked this morning and am sudenly getting this error.

Line 221, Column 108: there is no attribute "autocomplete"
… valign" type="text" name="verification_answer" value= "" autocomplete="off" />

I havent changed a thing since the last time i checked it!

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

#80193 UPS account number?

Posted by guitargeek on 16 May 2010 - 04:49 PM in General Questions

Hi,

I have just registered an account with UPS in order to get API access key. It says I need to add account to my profile and needs an account number.

Where is the account number? Other forums say its top right of invoice. I havnt been invoiced because i cant use them until i have access key so I can use the service!

Any help would be great?

#80082 UPS - which API? USA or UK?

Posted by guitargeek on 14 May 2010 - 04:22 PM in General Questions

Hi,

Attempting to set up real time shipping with UPS.
I am based in the UK.
In the cs cart knowledge base, it gives this link to register for API key

usa
https://www.ups.com/...erkit?loc=en_US

However, I have found this link (UPS UK)

uk
http://www.ups.com/c...opercenter.html

I was wondering which one I should follow, US or UK? I don’t want to set up UK and find out cs carts isn’t compatible with its API!

P.S

Im looking forward to dimensional new feature and multiple store fronts (whenever that is!)

Cheers chaps ;)

#79718 Shipping methods - sizes

Posted by guitargeek on 09 May 2010 - 02:29 PM in General Questions

Thanks for that!

(I thought it was me being stupid)

I will be voting for this change.

I thought I had worked out a way to do this but i was wrong. I thought I could set up different shipping methods (like you said) with larger dimensional settings set up for that shipping method, but then set up different localizations which would allow me to choose the appropriate on in the localization field. But as I have found out in the forums, you cannot have multiple localizations set up containing the same countries/ regions etc.

The shipping methods under settings have dimension fields so all that would need to be done is to include dimensional fields in products.
A relationship would then be set up between the products dimension fields and all of the shipping methods settings dimension fields. If the dimension sizes for the products do not exceed the shipping methods dimensions size, the method is displayed and if the dimensions are exceeded, the method is not displayed (stops having multiple methods confusing customers)

I also could do with multiple store fronts (like magento) any ideas as to if and when this feature is going to be available?

#79697 Shipping methods - sizes

Posted by guitargeek on 08 May 2010 - 05:58 PM in General Questions

Hi chaps,

Please excuse my ignorance but im having trouble understanding real time shipping,
I have read lots of threads and am aware how to set shipping methods, dependencies and even how to activate real time shipping, what I don’t understand (and its probably me being dim!) but if some items that are over the dimensions limit (Height width etc) how does the processor know that that specific item is over the threshold?

I would imagine you set separate shipping methods and configure (in settings) the Height width or that shipping method, however, I would think there would be a field in products listing in order to differentiate as to what shipping method is appropriate.

Like i said, the answer is probably very obvious!

PS, the items are guitars and accessories.

#79212 need contact form on homepage..anyone?

Posted by guitargeek on 04 May 2010 - 01:31 PM in General Questions

I thought there would be a setting in bocks to include a chosen form, (like polls)
Ok so i will use a html block. Any ideas as to how to call up a form template?;)

#78956 need contact form on homepage..anyone?

Posted by guitargeek on 30 April 2010 - 12:09 PM in General Questions

I need to ad a contact form on the homepage. Does anyone know how to do this?

Any sugestions would be a great help before I have to put in a suport ticket.

Kind Regards

#78749 Contact Form on Homepage?

Posted by guitargeek on 28 April 2010 - 04:47 PM in General Questions

Hi,
Its probably me being blind again! I feel i have got the hang of blocks and generally most functions but I am having difficulty finding how to ad a contact form to the home page.
I would have assumed you could create a new block and choose ad form in menu (like a poll)
Am I going mad?:D

Any seasoned cs pros know the answer?

#77419 Can I comment out cart?

Posted by guitargeek on 14 April 2010 - 05:43 PM in Store Design & Templates

Thanks for that! Worked great!:P

#76800 Can I comment out cart?

Posted by guitargeek on 07 April 2010 - 10:30 AM in Store Design & Templates

Working from memory (I.e. without looking), check out skins/<your_skin>/customer/top.tpl.

That’s what I though, I have been commenting random lines out in the hope that i will stumble on the right one! Lol

Unfortunately, I have yet to find the right one!
If or when I find the answer, I will post it back here to help any others in the future who cant find a solution.

#76097 Can I comment out cart?

Posted by guitargeek on 29 March 2010 - 05:28 PM in Store Design & Templates

Hi, I want ecommerce functionality on my site in about 3 months, for now I will be selling using affiliate program.

How can I comment out the code that displays the "Cart is Empty" the basket image and checkout link?
They are on the top left.
I’m not sure which template to edit and would really appreciate somebody’s wisdom here!:)

Kind Regards

#61385 affiliate advice please!

Posted by guitargeek on 19 November 2009 - 05:20 PM in Configuration

Hello
I want to become an affiliate.
I have a Cs-cart that I haven’t used for a few years and wasn’t sure if it would be suitable?
I have been recommended to use www.affiliatewindow.com. Is this suitable?
Any points in the right direction would be great!!
Many thanks
Daniel Young