robgo777's Content

There have been 33 items by robgo777 (Search limited from 29-Feb 20)

Sort by                Order  

#4451 Shipping & Tax User Guide in PDF For Advanced Setup

Posted by robgo777 on 15 September 2006 - 04:52 PM in v1.x Configuration

Hello, thanks for the shipping help. I have a question I don't think is covered. What if I want to have free shipping for orders above a certain cost. Along with weight dependency, I set a cost dependency so that if an order is above 1500 the rate is 0. But it doesn't seem to work. Should it?

It should work, but if it doesn't then you have something else set up in-correctly.

PM me with more details about how you have it all set up and I will see what I can do to help.

Rob

#3878 Tax Rates

Posted by robgo777 on 24 August 2006 - 03:46 PM in General Questions

Can we assign differrent tax rates to each USA state, or a states many counties, based on the shipping address? The demo is not very clear on this issue, if anything the demo indicates this may not be possible.

Fred McConnell
fmcconnell@mchsi.com

Try using the following guide to setup your Taxes:

http://vb.cs-cart.co...hread.php?t=820

v/r,

Rob

#3877 Setting Up the USPS realtime shipping rates

Posted by robgo777 on 24 August 2006 - 03:38 PM in v1.x Configuration

I'm having a problem setting up the USPS shipping. I have gone to the USPS website and received a username, which I entered into the Admin/Shipping Settings area, I have also spoken with the USPS internet help people and they activated my user account. I have also enabled USPS in the Ship Carrier admin area, and I have setup USPS correctly as an active Shipping Method, but when I do a test purchase, USPS doesn't show up as a shipping option during the checkout process.

The only thing I can find that looks abnormal is that CSC didn't ask me for a password when I setup the USPS account in it. There's a field for the password, but the guy at the USPS said no password is needed. I can't see how that could be right, but what do I know?

Thanks,
Mike Keeney

Try using the following guide to setup your shipping:

v/r,

Rob

#3876 USPS Real Time Rates

Posted by robgo777 on 24 August 2006 - 03:37 PM in v1.x Configuration

Which login information is needed for USPS? I have their general login info but it does not seem to work. Is there a special site with user id and password like the UPS rate key? Any help would be appreciated.

v/r,

Rob

#3875 I just don't understand shipping...

Posted by robgo777 on 24 August 2006 - 03:37 PM in v1.x Configuration

I've customized my store to the upteenth degree moving around and reconfiguring tpl files and the whole bit, but for the life of me I just don't get how to set up shipping. I'd love to have UPS Real Time Shipping, USPS Real Time Shipping and USPS Flat Rate shipping as options. Where do I get started. I've read the documentation and its weak and hard to comprehend.

Please help. Thank you.

site is at http://www.soyhappycandles.com/store/

v/r,

Rob

#3872 Shipping & Tax User Guide in PDF For Advanced Setup

Posted by robgo777 on 24 August 2006 - 03:08 PM in v1.x Configuration

I just posted an update to the guide including steps to set up USPS Realtime shipping.

Enjoy,

Rob

#3848 Shipping & Tax User Guide in PDF For Advanced Setup

Posted by robgo777 on 23 August 2006 - 02:41 PM in v1.x Configuration

Rob I have looked at your guide it really great. Thanks for the effort. But I still question

How do you set shipping rate for additional item for specific item?

Let say I have product A, product B, Product C. It have different wieght and size so I set the shipping rate for product A is $10, B is $15, and C is $20. At check out if buyer update the quatity then CS-Cart will automatically multiply the shipping rate with the amount of the product to calculate the finall shipping. That work great, but what if I want to do this

For product A
1 item shipping will be $10
2 item whipping will be $18
3 items shipping will be $25

For Product Ba
1 items will be $15
2 items will be $27
3 items will be $40

FOr Product C
1 items will be $20
2 items will be $35
3 items will be $50

and so on...

Íts possible to dỏ

It looks to me like you offer a discount on shipping based on how many of the products the person buys. Unfortunately, you can't set a different discount for each product.

The best way to accomplish this would be to figure out a standard discount percentage for all your products and apply that as follows:

Lets say for 2 products the customer saves 12% on shipping, and for 3 products, they save 20%. This is pretty close to your item's savings from the above example.

Go to the shipping methods section and select edit on your shipping method.

For the product amount section, put 1 for the more than items, and put a
-12 in the rate value block. Then change the type to Percent %.

Then you would add another row and put a 2 for the more than items, and put a -20 in the rate value block and change the type to Percent %.

You will have to continue to add rows for however many products you want to do this with.

I hope this helps a little, this is the closest I can think of getting you to what you want to achieve. There just is no way to set up individual options for each product in the current version of CS.

v/r,

Rob

#3847 Most Wanted Features

Posted by robgo777 on 23 August 2006 - 02:23 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

I already coded an Image Captions mod months ago...
http://vb.cs-cart.co...hread.php?t=217

I should have done a search for image caption, I was searching for image description. Sorry, I will pm you about purchasing that mod.

v/r,

Rob

#3846 Most Wanted Features

Posted by robgo777 on 23 August 2006 - 02:22 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Here are some changes I would like seen for the Product Options section:

1. In addition to modifying the cost, I would like to have it modify the weight. For example, one of my items is paint. I can sell paint by the qt, gallon, or 5 gallon jug. Right now I have to have them in 3 different products because they each weigh differently, but if there was a weight modifier, I could set the size of the paint as a Product Option, and have each option change the total weight of the product. This will allow me to consolidate my paint products from 3 down to 1.

Another option that needs to be available for the product options is the ability to set a quantity on hand for each selection. Lets say I have a product that comes in different colors. I may have 400 blues and 600 reds. Right now it only lets me put the total of 1000, but the customer needs to know how many of the actual product I have in stock.

This may be how it will work once the quickbooks integration is applied?

v/r,

Rob

Nevermind, I see this is already a feature, I just did not know how to use it. After you put some product options in for your product, just go back to the product details tab, and change the "Track without options" to "Track With Options" and then click update. You will then have an "Edit" link where you can go in, rebuild your combinations, and then choose a quanitity for each combination.

Hope this helps others,

Rob

#3786 Most Wanted Features

Posted by robgo777 on 20 August 2006 - 06:32 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

I tried looking for this suggestion and I couldn't find it, hopefully someone hasn't already suggested it.

How about a way to add a description for each additional image. Probably just a small text field to go along with the image thumnail, and it will be displayed under the thumbnail in the product details page between the image and the view larger image link.

Rob

#3768 Most Wanted Features

Posted by robgo777 on 19 August 2006 - 07:45 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

#1 is a very good idea, it sure would help calculating the correct weight for shipping ect...

#2 product options images already exisit in v1.3.3, under product options click option images and then click rebuild combinations :)

Okay, I see that now. It has it's problems though, I posted them in the bugs section.

As for the 1st idea, what also needs to be done is an option to change the list price. This should already be a feature because if you have a product and you want to add an option choice that changes the total price, you should be able to change the list price also.

Lets use that paint example. I have an option of either 1qt, or 1gal, or a 5gal jug. The cost for each will change, as well as the weight if this addition is made. Well, each has a different list price also, or MSRP as I have it on my site. The list price is for a 1qt size, but I would need for a 1gal and a 5gal size list prices also.

This should go for just about any product.

Thanks,

Rob

#3740 csimg1.gif in Invoice

Posted by robgo777 on 18 August 2006 - 08:40 PM in v1.x Configuration

For those of you using version 1.3.3sp2 you can find this logo in:

skins directory - /mail/images/invoice_logo.gif

From there you can just replace that image with your own logo.

Rob

#3720 Most Wanted Features

Posted by robgo777 on 17 August 2006 - 02:21 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

1. In addition to modifying the cost, I would like to have it modify the weight. For example, one of my items is paint. I can sell paint by the qt, gallon, or 5 gallon jug. Right now I have to have them in 3 different products because they each weigh differently, but if there was a weight modifier, I could set the size of the paint as a Product Option, and have each option change the total weight of the product. This will allow me to consolidate my paint products from 3 down to 1.

2. In addition to modifying the cost and weight, one more thing I would like to modify and that is the default image. This will look pretty sharp because lets say I have a product that comes in different colors. I can put the colors as a Product Option for the customer to select, every time they select a different color, a different default image will show up reflecting the color they want! Wouldn't this be an awesome addition?

Thanks,

Rob

#3719 Changes to Product Options

Posted by robgo777 on 17 August 2006 - 02:21 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

2. In addition to modifying the cost and weight, one more thing I would like to modify and that is the default image. This will look pretty sharp because lets say I have a product that comes in different colors. I can put the colors as a Product Option for the customer to select, every time they select a different color, a different default image will show up reflecting the color they want! Wouldn't this be an awesome addition?

Thanks,

Rob

#3671 Free shipping configuration

Posted by robgo777 on 14 August 2006 - 06:16 PM in v1.x Configuration

I don't have this checkbox either.

See below. i'm using the original version of 1.3.3.

Maybe a later version has this feature.

It is possible, I am using 1.3.3 sp2, so you may need to upgrade to the latest version.

v/r,

Rob

#3652 Shipping

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 02:34 AM in v1.x Configuration

Greetings - I'm trying to set-up a simple custom shipping method that has a flat rate for 1 item and a different flat rate for more than one item. I've modified the left column shipping method accordingly but my changes are not reflected in the calculated shipping (which comes out to be zero). Any help or basic instructions would be greatly appreciated.

The guide found in this thread will discuss this:

v/r,

Rob

#3651 Free shipping configuration

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 02:31 AM in v1.x Configuration

can anyone help please? i dont see any free shipping check box in admin detailed page...i'm running on version 1.3.3

anyone have any idea?

There is a free shipping checkbox in each individual product. Go to the product settings and check it, it is located between weight and freight shipping.

You can view the guide in the following thread for more information:

v/r,

Rob

#3650 Problems setting UPS shipping

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 02:28 AM in v1.x Configuration

I am having some problem setting up UPS realtime shipping. I get the error listed below when I try to checkout.

Unfortunately no shipping options are available for your location.
Please contact us and we will see about delivering to you.

All your questions should be answered in the guide in this thread:

v/r,

Rob

#3648 Shipping freight question

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 02:24 AM in v1.x Configuration

You can view this thread for more information on shipping:

v/r,

Rob

#3647 shipping/billing

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 02:19 AM in v1.x Configuration

i know ( i think) i can have shipping address the same as billing but for the life of me i cant find the setting. would someone let me know whewre it is

found it but its not what i was thinking.

is there a way to have shipping ONLY the same as billing, not letting the customer ship to a different address?

thanks

Hi,

Yes you can do this in the admin easily.

At the top, you will see three columns of links. The middle column at the bottom is a link called Profile. Click on this.

Here you can adjust all the settings you need for your user's and their addresses. For your request, you would remove all the checkboxes in the billing section.

One work of caution for you though. What about customers who have a billing address for their credit card for their residence, but they have a P.O. box that they need to ship to? My Father is in this situation as he lives in a town that does not deliver mail to residences, but his credit card company requires him to list his residence as a billing address.

Just something to think about, but that should answer your question.

Rob

#3646 Shipping Modules

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 01:57 AM in v1.x Configuration

Try using the following guide to fix this Fedex issue:

v/r,

Rob

#3644 Purpose of Height/Width/Length in Shipping Settings

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 01:56 AM in v1.x Configuration

I found the purpose, it is discussed in this thread:

v/r,

Rob

#3643 Shipping Question - Freight and Non-Freight Mix

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 01:55 AM in v1.x Configuration

that interesting, i'll wait for your guide

The guide is complete, see the following thread:

v/r,

Rob

#3641 shipping charge per item

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 01:51 AM in v1.x Configuration

Everything should be fixed now, see the following thread to see how:

v/r,

Rob

#3639 Shipping & Tax User Guide In PDF For Advanced Setup

Posted by robgo777 on 13 August 2006 - 01:47 AM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

Hi all,

I have spent a great deal of time putting together this shipping and tax user guide. Please feel free to use it and hopefully it will solve most if not all your shipping and tax problems and questions.

This guide will assist you in setting up Fedex, UPS, and USPS realtime shipping, Manual shipping, manage destinations, and taxes. It is made for CS-Cart Ver 1.3.3. I can't promise it will work for previous versions. DHL is not yet supported by CS-Cart even though it is a selection in the shipping settings.

Please let me know in private message format of any problems or additions you may have with this guide. I will gladly review them and make improvements to the guide accordingly. I have not tried to set up Intershipper because I am not willing to sign up for their monthly membership fees. If you have steps on how to set this up, PM me and I will add them to the guide.

Click on the following link to download the guide. It exceeds the space I can use for an attachment here:

Rob's Shipping And Tax Guide

Good luck,

Rob