Bickmore's Content

There have been 8 items by Bickmore (Search limited from 30-Sep 19)

Sort by                Order  

#2938 Double opt-in for email newsletter

Posted by Bickmore on 07 July 2006 - 07:32 PM in General Questions

I don't believe cs cart has a double opt in feature currently, is there an addon or way around this to have one implemented? I am being required to have my sites sign up for the newsletter be double opt-in, but I do not have the php programming knowledge to modify cs cart to do so.

Does anyone have any solutions or answers to getting it to be a double opt-in system.

#2860 Helpful suggestions for this site

Posted by Bickmore on 06 July 2006 - 12:52 AM in v1.x Store Design & Templates

Hello!

Anyone know how to get rid of that HUGE space between my main.tpl and bottom.tpl - i think you can drive a truck through that area.

you have your mail table height set to 100%. get rid of that and it will be fine. at 100% it always stretches to meet the bottom of the browser, and if your content isn't there, you get the big blank space.

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="780" style="height:100%" border="0">

And, if you look in my categories box you will notice that my box background is the tan color but the acutal product backgrounds are still white - where in the world do you change these colors?

I'm not sure at the moment but I'll find out and post it later.

#2816 Help Desk - no where to post new tickets?

Posted by Bickmore on 03 July 2006 - 11:27 PM in General Questions

Looks like the help system broke. Hopefully they are aware of the problem. I wish they had an email or a phone number.

#2814 Help Desk - no where to post new tickets?

Posted by Bickmore on 03 July 2006 - 07:53 PM in General Questions

I have been working with the CS cart guys to get my cart working. Apparantly my PHP version didn't work with the glob function, and they fixed that so I could complete my install.

Now though, in the admin area, there are no skins to select. The dropdown is totally empty and there are no screenshots. I am assuming this is a related problem to the glob function as before.

My problem is that in the help desk area, there is no longer any place to write a new ticket! There's no reply box, no "make new help ticket", nothing!

I am stumped here. Does anyone know what I can do? Also, is there an email or phone number for the CS cart guys? I am still needing some help here but I have no idea how to contact them, unless I am TOTALLY missing something in the help desk area.

Thanks.

#2801 v1.3.3 - skin selection problem

Posted by Bickmore on 02 July 2006 - 12:52 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

I've tried every combination possible, but to no avail. The CS Cart tech support is looking into it. They think it's a permissions problem, but I have already set every folder and file to Full Permissions. My host won't let you change permissions through an FTP program, you have to use their cpanel, so perhaps that's the problem. It's really frustrating not even being able to BEGIN using this for 125 dollars.

#2781 v1.3.3 - skin selection problem

Posted by Bickmore on 01 July 2006 - 06:00 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

As far as I can tell my permissions are set properly. They are set to full access, and the configure file is able to be modified, and the rest have the same setting as it.

#2774 v1.3.3 - skin selection problem

Posted by Bickmore on 01 July 2006 - 03:41 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

I am having this same problem without any resolution. If you find something out, please let me know. my email is eflowers (at) gmail.com.

Thanks

#2773 Fresh install hangs on skin chooser - no skins listed

Posted by Bickmore on 01 July 2006 - 03:40 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

I have installed CS cart, done everything as the instructions ask, created the database, but when it asks for me to choose a skin, the dropdown is empty and there is no screenshot.

I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, tried re importing the skins, but nothing works. Every time I get there, same deal.

I have set my permissions to full 777 on all of the site. I am on a windows server. I have all the correct versions of php and sql, but its no good.

Please can someone help? I paid 125 bucks and another 40 for installation help, and the "helpdesk" will not respond to my help tickets. I'd like to get this installed so I can start building my site.

thanks