STUFFretail.com.au's Content

There have been 9 items by STUFFretail.com.au (Search limited from 04-Apr 19)

Sort by                Order  

#8338 Newsletter Feature

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 01 December 2006 - 12:52 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

In the future, it would be nice to have a larger degree of customization for the newsletter. So that a person could enter in, for instance, <<first name>> and the script would go through and grab the person's info and insert it in place of the code. I know the required info isn't currently kept in the subscription table, but maybe it's something to consider.

I completely agree! 8-D

#8081 Help, All credit card numbers are gone.

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 23 November 2006 - 11:27 AM in General Questions

I tried to upgrade to the latest version but things did not go well for me so I had to use the backups to restore my old site. For some reason now I can't see the credit card numbers in the admin section like I used to. All of my customers credit card information is gone. Is there a way to get this info back?

All I can say is "Poor Guy!" possibly submit a ticket to the help desk. Hopefully they can pull out one of their tricks 8-P

Apart from that, sorry I have no ideas.

#8080 Upgrade Script Errors

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 23 November 2006 - 11:25 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

Unfortunately, I am still unable to get the Store Manger to run. I have tried running it on two different computers. In both cases, I get the following program termination:

I got past that by going into file properties (my OS is Windows XP) - Then I disabled the asian fonts and blind text stuff and made it run in 256 color mode in a 640 resolution... it didn't fix the 'test settings' error I recieved, however I did upgrade my store via backup after disabling all that was not needed on it to run. Oh yeah, I made it think it was running on Windows 98.

All updated successfully... until I logged into admin side ... start logon page was just as before, after logging on though, all that I got was SQL error text... I submitted another ticket to the help desk, they've been taking a while to respond lately, but I guess their busy with the bugs 8-P

Anyway, hope in some random way that helped someone .. somewhere (the method I used that is)

#7906 Upgrades to 1.3.4 Sp1 - Successful?

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 20 November 2006 - 10:39 AM in General Questions

I have had now trouble upgrading a bog standard template that cs-cart had designed.
You will not ever be able to upgrade a template you have altered your self with the software that cs-cart provides for you, unless you are a fluent programmer or you know what you are doing, this goes for any cart that contains (TPL'S) or smarty. Unless cs-cart can perform miracles.

Hey, I actually installed a NEW, FRESH cart in another location on my domain, with new SQL database and everything... the cart I installed was version 1.3.3sp2 - I done this to see if the program would work AT ALL for me, and even with a completly new install, no edits what-so-ever, the program reported the same errors. Just so you guys don't spend as many hours as I did no trying to upgrade. I currently have a ticket with Support and now their requesting my FTP username/ passord, so hopefully they can help me out. :-D

#6361 HELP NEEDED - RE: Newsletter... :-)

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 27 October 2006 - 01:39 PM in General Questions

WOW Sculpt - can't believe you figured out that code! Thankyou so much! :-D Will not be able to test it just yet as I am waiting for the new release before I install CS onto the other website (lol, fully licensed! don't worry about that ;-D)

#6346 HELP NEEDED - RE: Newsletter... :-)

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 27 October 2006 - 03:40 AM in General Questions

I've signed up for a new host (HostGator.com) and have just found out they have in their 'Terms of Service' that users may only email out a max of 200 emails per minute, or they will be bounced and my account suspended. I am setting up a cart for my dad's site (convinced him to give CS-Cart a go as I thought it was great when I got it) however, he has a current subscriber list of over 1000 and it's expected to rise.

So onto the Question :-): How do I make it (so for example) 1 email is sent every 5 seconds? With Cs-Cart continuing until finished.

Here is an extract of the Term I need to conform to:

Anytime you're sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 6 seconds. If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to something else. We recommend phplist which can be found in your control panel under fantastico. If you do not throttle and you try sending let's say 500 emails the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible. This will cause the server load to go very high and for the entire server to be sluggish until this process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish. Anyone who causes the servers load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.

Thank you for your help :-) Don't worry... I will actually monitoring this thread unlike some others who just leave it after getting answers off nice people who took the time to reply :-P

#828 Securing your Admin login.

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 16 April 2006 - 01:30 AM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

I don't know about you guys but I'm also (for added measure) going to create another main administrator user account under a 'discreet' username and then I'll disable the actual "admin" username. To me it's pretty obvious that the admin username would mostly be "admin" or "administration" on most carts.
:o [/quote]

#815 Securing your Admin login.

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 14 April 2006 - 08:59 AM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

I tried just renaming the file before because I wanted to make it more secure instead of the stereo-typical "admin" ext. Thanks for telling me how to change the config.php. :D

#814 Paypal.

Posted by STUFFretail.com.au on 14 April 2006 - 08:03 AM in v1.x Configuration

Hi
got a certificate, uploaded and pointed to it in paypal pro configuration settings along with username and password

the transactions go through successfully according to CS-CART

HOWEVER!

LOGGING INTO PAYPAL - NO MONEY
CHECKING WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY - NO PENDIND TRANSACTIONS

WHAT'S GOING ON?

THANKS

Hey; check that it is not in "test mode" I tried it and it looked like it went thru; but according to PayPal - nothing was actioned to my PayPal account. Anyway; I had to change it to PayPal stantard after that because I don't have an SSL available for PHP, only HTML. Hope this helped.

In a nutshall: Change the setting to "LIVE" in your Paypal config setting.