ilookfab's Content

There have been 29 items by ilookfab (Search limited from 18-Jun 20)

Sort by                Order  

#13657 1.3.4sp3 fresh install and can't input any products

Posted by ilookfab on 05 April 2007 - 03:44 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

it is really weird. everything else works in admin as well as the storefront but this particular part. it also refuses to update language variables giving the same type of error

#13655 1.3.4sp3 fresh install and can't input any products

Posted by ilookfab on 05 April 2007 - 03:24 AM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

I also have some troubles with 1.3.4-sp3

Fresh re-install of SP3 on a test server. Installation seems to go through just fine. After installed, I go to the admin panel. When trying to go to Settings -> Modules -> to update the setting for the store, when clicking on "Update" I get 403 error

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

admin.php is set to 755 ( i tried setting it to 777 to see if anything changes and nothing did)

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you

PS var, skins and images directories are set to -R 777 and everything is followed according to instructions

#13418 Service Pack 3 for CS-Cart 1.3.4 released

Posted by ilookfab on 30 March 2007 - 04:49 AM in News and Announcements

correct, SP3 it is :-)

#13356 Service Pack 3 for CS-Cart 1.3.4 released

Posted by ilookfab on 29 March 2007 - 03:56 AM in News and Announcements

Hey guys

I just upgraded the test store location to SP4 and USPS rates are just a complete mess. (the same mess as in SP3)

- USPS Global Express Mail does not work at all (Error: First Class mail must weigh 13 ounces or less.)

- USPS Priority Mail (non-flat rate box rate, packaging selected as none in shipping settings under USPS) gives astronomical rates such as $11.65 for shipping of a 1lb package within continental US, which should be $4.05 at the most.

- USPS Global Priority Mail is not even showing, where is it? (it is an economy option under 4lbs for International shipping from the US)

- USPS Express Mail Addresses (Error: n/a) It is not even highlighted in bold like the rest of the shipping methods. Speaking of which, what is the difference between USPS Express Mail Addresses and USPS Express Mail PO? (PO seems to give, I think, close to realistic rates for USPS express mail)

PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS MESS. IT'S ONGOING and has not been fixed for quite some time. It's impossible to put the cart live with this kind of shipping calculations. I don't understand why shipping is such a problem in CS. I've never experienced problems with pulling realtime rates in other carts including X and cube. I don't understand why such a good platform like CS does not address such a Serious Issue in a timely manner. It is one of the very important functions of any shoppinh cart - to give accurate shipping rates.

#12929 USPS Express Mail

Posted by ilookfab on 17 March 2007 - 02:29 AM in v1.x Configuration

USPS SHIPPING JUST REFUSES TO GIVE CORRECT RATES.

from $1.00-2.00 for Express Mail to $4.00 or $5.00 for USPS Priority Mail. International Rates simply do not work.

Please advise. Thank you.

#12898 USPS Express Mail

Posted by ilookfab on 16 March 2007 - 06:51 AM in v1.x Configuration

Please post a fix to USPS Express Mail

Thank you.

#2929 eBay bans Google Checkout

Posted by ilookfab on 07 July 2006 - 06:21 AM in Off-Topic/General Chat

Intriguing....

:-)

any news on xml export anyone? :-)

#2861 Definite Bug

Posted by ilookfab on 06 July 2006 - 03:12 AM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

Hi

My fulfillment company just signed a deal with DHL and I have to switch to get even greater rates for us and for our customers from UPS so I signed up for INTERSHIPPER service.

If i go to dhl.com and get the rates, they are different from what intershipper gives. anyone encountered similar problem?

#2753 One More On Usps

Posted by ilookfab on 30 June 2006 - 05:19 AM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

Did anyone notice that using USPS Priority Mail (container - none setting) only works for packages under around 3lb?

for some reason as soon as i add products in combined weight over 3-4 pounds USPS Priority Mail disappears from the drop down shipping selection menu on the checkout page. Is it a bug?

PLEASE CONFIRM

THANK YOU.

#2556 Marks List 1 of 3 of Requested Mods and Capabilities

Posted by ilookfab on 24 June 2006 - 02:38 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

:-)
XML and CSV, QB is nice, but can live without it

Thanks

#2555 Aquarelle Bug

Posted by ilookfab on 24 June 2006 - 02:34 AM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

Zeke, it does if you are in any other skins but the aquarelle. A good example would be New Vision skin. Try it for yourself.

#2490 Aquarelle Bug

Posted by ilookfab on 21 June 2006 - 05:26 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

It only happens when you switch to MULTICOLUMN FORMAT in my case - 2 column.

It is something buggy in the product_multicolumn.tpl file

#2475 Aquarelle Bug

Posted by ilookfab on 21 June 2006 - 07:19 AM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

The checkbox - Add selected to cart is nowhere to be found in any of this skin. PLEASE HELP

#2426 Needed - XML order export/feeder

Posted by ilookfab on 18 June 2006 - 08:54 PM in Third-Party Services

Got it sorted. Thanks

Thank you for taking time to respond! We should write a mod i think, should we? Do you add the script to func.php in a form of a function and then call it from one of the tpl files?

Thank you.

#2343 How To Export Orders?

Posted by ilookfab on 15 June 2006 - 04:55 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

how do you export orders? we need ability to export orders in csv format to provide data for our fulfillment company. it is standard in x family and in other shopping carts. it is vital for us.

please advise.

#2223 Needed - XML order export/feeder

Posted by ilookfab on 10 June 2006 - 06:21 AM in Third-Party Services

If anyone is interested to develop an order export module, which i think should be a standard in any cart with the purpose of providing information about the orders to a fulfillment company.

CSV is industry standard yet XML is what is becoming a new industry standard.

I would probably develop it myself but simply do not have any time recently. If anyone is interested please send me a message.

#2222 Marks List 1 of 3 of Requested Mods and Capabilities

Posted by ilookfab on 10 June 2006 - 06:09 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

snorocket - it is industry standard to supply orders at least in csv format preferably in xml so the orders are processed in real time
95% OF successful businessES use fulfillment services because it allows for extra time to concentrate on things such as sales rather than tedious work to pack - my labour costs more than $7-10 per hour - this is what i mean
a company pays a big buck and would not prefer me seeing packing for the money they pay me. this is not what i am hired to do. it is as simple as that.

THE POINT STILL REMAINS THE SAME

THERE IS NO WAY TO EXPORT ORDERS BUT TO PRINT AN INVOICE - IT IS A PROBLEM

#2221 USPS Realtime International over 4lbs checkout problem...

Posted by ilookfab on 10 June 2006 - 06:02 AM in v1.x Configuration

GLobal Priority will only accept packages under 4 pounds - go to USPS website and learn more about this service

#2205 Marks List 1 of 3 of Requested Mods and Capabilities

Posted by ilookfab on 09 June 2006 - 06:46 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

I might have to go back to x simply because my fulfillment company wants me to provide an order export either in XML or CSV format or Quickbooks.

We must have ability to export the orders.

Please help.

#1942 Multiple SKUs

Posted by ilookfab on 02 June 2006 - 06:00 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

I agree, the SKU is a must. Yet the more important thing is to have Weight attached to each option, so that Vodka 375ml and Vodka 1000ml reflect different shipping costs once calculated by the real time shipping module.

#1876 CS-Cart 1.3.3 RC3

Posted by ilookfab on 31 May 2006 - 07:50 AM in News and Announcements

Also it does not account for the weight of options - the "x" used to give me a field for weight for each option as well as a sku.

Imagine a situation - I sell a bag of rice in 10 lbs, 25lbs, 50lbs, 100lbs

The price for each is different, and so is the weight.

How do i go around it?

I do not want to create a bunch of the same products for customers to get confused. It is easier to click on a bag of rice - then select its size and then get a shipping quote in real time depending on the weight of that particular option.

PS I'm not selling rice LOL just an example

#1875 CS-Cart 1.3.3 RC3

Posted by ilookfab on 31 May 2006 - 07:39 AM in News and Announcements

Hi Zeke

I was just trying to create options for my product. I need 4 options - 75ml, 250ml, 1000ml and 1000ml with pump

What happens is that the options work great without inventory tracking with options enabled. As soon as I enable the inventory tracking with options and click on edit inventory numbers and then add all four options with different quantities on hand using the "Add New" button it can only handle two options. The other two just vanish as non-existent.
When I create a global option and link it to this product and follow the same steps - I can only add up to 3 options. What is this weird stuff???

I also would like to have different SKUs for different options. Althought the latter is less important then the bug that I referred to.

Thank you for your help in advance.

#1616 CS-Cart 1.3.3 RC3

Posted by ilookfab on 22 May 2006 - 03:34 PM in News and Announcements

Hi Zeke,

Thank you. It does work indeed. Apparently it was the state that was set by default for some reason that I did not take into consideration.

Cheers.

#1609 CS-Cart 1.3.3 RC3

Posted by ilookfab on 22 May 2006 - 06:41 AM in News and Announcements

Hi guys

I found a bug with trying to place an order from the backend. When searching for an existing customer (Customer, Customer) using the backend demo, cs-cart failed to locate a customer. Please respond.

Thanks

#1608 CS-Cart 1.3.3 RC3

Posted by ilookfab on 22 May 2006 - 06:39 AM in News and Announcements

One bug I noticed, when trying to place a phone order (create an order from the backend) and i try to look for customers (in case of repeat customer) the search does not retrieve any results. I tried searching by the city, zip, name - using Customer, Customer setting. Please confirm if it's a bug or what...

Thank you