makstudios's Content

There have been 8 items by makstudios (Search limited from 23-Jun 20)

Sort by                Order  

#16214 Hacked

Posted by makstudios on 02 June 2007 - 08:39 PM in Advertise Your Store

Posting your cs-cart website here is a direct invitation to be hacked. Please be careful!

#16213 CS-Cart Demo Hacked

Posted by makstudios on 02 June 2007 - 08:36 PM in v1.x Security

Ok, so, A store I installed for a customer got hacked and they not only got into the cart, they played havoc on the server itself. Now Im not sure what happened in total detail, because it was an installation for a company I no longer work for. However, they informed me of the incident. In addition, I went to the demo to check out the latest version and see if there were any changes and notice the store was hacked by StarBacK & ShocKMaN & Cyber-Storm.Org HacK TeaM. CS-Cart has become the number 1 target for hackers it seems. Is there any steps cs-cart is taking to prevent their product from becoming useless to the public because of it's security holes and obvious attraction to hackers?

-MAK

#9818 Transparent Boxes

Posted by makstudios on 07 January 2007 - 11:43 PM in v1.x Store Design & Templates

Sure you can. Just add the following CSS to the BOTTOM of your styles.css file...

#featuredProducts .mainbox-body {
     background: transparent;
}

Then change the file
/skins_dir/customer/addons/featured_products/customer_categories.tpl to the following:

{* $Id: customer_categories.tpl 1569 2006-04-25 13:42:29Z imac $ *}

{if $featured_products}
	<div id="featuredProducts">

{if $settings.Modules.featured_products_opts.columns_in_featured_products_list > 1}
		{include file="products_pages/products_multicolumns.tpl" title=$lang.featured_products columns=$settings.Modules.featured_products_opts.columns_in_featured_products_list products=$featured_products form_prefix="featured" no_sorting="Y" no_pagination="Y" no_ids="Y"}
	{else}
		{include file="products_pages/products.tpl" title=$lang.featured_products products=$featured_products form_prefix="featured" no_sorting="Y" no_pagination="Y" no_ids="Y"}
	{/if}

</div>
{/if}

Hope that helps!

Is it possible to have the boxes for example the Featured products box Transparent.
I have a background to match my website, and the boxes for Featured products, Categories etc are all white, i know i can change them to any colour i want in the css, but i would like them to be either transparent or semi transparent so that the boxes just have there border and the background shows through.

Thanks

#9814 Willing to pay someone who's successfully converted to XHTML Tableless

Posted by makstudios on 07 January 2007 - 11:24 PM in v1.x Store Design & Templates

Hey all. I am a XHTML/CSS developer who has integrated CS-Cart countless times. I started converting the entire CS-Cart default theme in CSS for W3C XHTML 1.0 strict validation.

PROBLEM...

Here is the issue. As others have noted, there are hundreds of template files. Once you convert the 7 or so main "root" files, you will still need to convert ALL the template files. Anyone who says they can facilitate this for you for under $8,000 - $10,000.00 is absolutely nuts. It's too good to be true and you will most likely have a horrible experience with this company as they don't know CS-Cart well enough. Once they really learn the extent of the job, they will most likely back out of it.

Another Problem...

CS-Cart is unique and constantly being developed and upgraded. If I convert version 1.3.4 completely into XHTML compliant code... What happens when version 1.3.4+ arrives? You're out of luck. UNLESS you spend those countless hours AGAIN sifting through the .diff files and integrating their new upgrades into your nice and compliant code.

Solution...

CS-Cart NEEDS TO DO IT! Why would anyone spend the time or money investing in XHTML/CSS cart when any future upgrades are useless. CS-Cart uses tables for EVERYTHING and soon their developers will realize that this may have been a VERY bad idea for the future of their product. However, the support for tables is STILL better than CSS these days as far as browsers are concerned and will be for some time to come.

My Suggestions...

1. I have made major modifications to v1.3.4 with CSS. This includes a pure CSS category menu versus their massive Javascript menu. This, no matter what upgrades they make will be easy to implement.

2. Side BOX and MAINBOX templates are loaded more than any templates. These can be converted into XHTML/CSS without major problems associated with uplgrades. Some issues may arrise, but are easy to detect and rectify.

3. The minute you modify something in CS-Cart that later will effect an upgrade is not worth it. Even though you want to have better load times and an extensible system, with CS-Cart, its just not a good idea. You will be stuck with outdated versions for life.

If anyone has any questions about what Im trying to say, email me at
mike[at]makstudios[dot]com

#8651 MOD: Thumbnail,Product info & Delete in Cart Sidebox

Posted by makstudios on 10 December 2006 - 06:42 AM in Third-Party Services

Great MOD... I wrote one myself before, but this one uses delete button. I LIKE...

-MAK

#8649 MOD: Sales SMS Notification v1.0

Posted by makstudios on 10 December 2006 - 05:57 AM in Third-Party Services

Awsome MOD! Thanks for the great work!!

#3659 Database Backup Emergency

Posted by makstudios on 13 August 2006 - 07:49 PM in General Questions

I thought that I could install my backup file which works fine, then grab the database file in the "upgrade" package and import that as It should just be upgrading the database. That isnt working as i get SQL errors that tables already exist. I tried addin IF NOT EXIST, but then I just get additional errors on other statements such as DUPLICATE FIELD. I need a database file or something that will just add the new stuff and alter existing without screwing everything up... why wont the upgrade database file do this?

Here is just one of the errors I get when viewing products on the website...

Database error: 1054 : Unknown column 'a.inventory' in 'field list'
Invalid query: SELECT a.option_id, a.option_type, a.position, a.inventory, b.option_name, b.option_text FROM cscart_product_options as a LEFT JOIN cscart_product_options_descriptions as b ON a.option_id=b.option_id AND b.lang_code='EN' WHERE a.product_id='2023' AND avail='Y' ORDER BY a.position

#3657 Database Backup Emergency

Posted by makstudios on 13 August 2006 - 07:08 PM in General Questions

I am thankful for CS-Cart's ability to backup databases. We recently had a server crash and everything wiped out. We have everything backed up.

Here's the problem:

When the server crashed, we were using cs-cart 1.3.2

I downloaded a clean copy of cs-cart 1.3.3 since the upgrade features are awesome. Now I need to restore the backup files, however, when I do it doesnt comply with the new tables and new database for 1.3.3 all the new stuff isnt inserted and is also deleted. What do i do? I no longer have the cs-cart 1.3.2 and I dont want it either since there is an update. someone please help!

-MAK