TVC's Content

There have been 54 items by TVC (Search limited from 28-Feb 20)

Sort by                Order  

#662 Tabbed List on Product View

Posted by TVC on 08 April 2006 - 10:26 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Zardos posted a tab script in the 3rd Party mods area... tho its not exactly the same and lined up nicely, but that could probably be fixed by removing some margins and padding.

Zardos, also just to let you know that the current tab script you have now on your site doesn't work with Opera 8.x.. not sure why.

I was actually going through yesterday looking at other dynamic tabs too and it seemed that at least 1 browser didn't like the ones i found.. usually Firefox.

but thanks for the code :)

#647 Hosting Solutions

Posted by TVC on 06 April 2006 - 01:30 AM in Off-Topic/General Chat

sweet site theme design. Who did the work?

#434 Tabbed List on Product View

Posted by TVC on 10 March 2006 - 01:38 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Excellent! How did you do it?

#409 Response

Posted by TVC on 09 March 2006 - 04:26 AM in Off-Topic/General Chat

I will say tho, that when the mods do respond in the forums, they seem to know exactly how to fix a problem.. no matter how weird it is, or how poorly described.

Great Job and Very Knowledgeable staff! Keep up the good work!

#408 Keeping images safe...

Posted by TVC on 09 March 2006 - 04:23 AM in v1.x Configuration

I think its safe to say that No-Rightclick scripts are a joke. FF and Opera can get right around them. Not to mention that if a person wants your image, all he needs to do is Alt+PrtScrn and edit their copy. Watermark is the only way to go.

#345 UPS Real Time

Posted by TVC on 24 February 2006 - 08:38 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

Have you filled in ALL the fields under UPS? Mine did the same thing until I put info in all the fields, like length, width, etc.

No I didn't do Length and Width because it varies for each package. That is supposed to be an optional field

#331 wysiwyg editor

Posted by TVC on 21 February 2006 - 01:44 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Oh..well in that case :) bring it on!

#325 wysiwyg editor

Posted by TVC on 21 February 2006 - 05:24 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Nice idea, but doubt they can get licensing for that since the offer their own CMS. Also, it is done in ASP which is far less supported than other implementations. In fact, my hosting provider doesn't support asp. so no thank you :)

#317 Hosting Solutions

Posted by TVC on 17 February 2006 - 02:12 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

Im in USA

I started out with mymarkup.com - $1.95/month. They were stable, I dont think they ever went down, but their speed was rather slow. Had them for a year

Then I went to Gazzin.com and got a reseller account - $9.95/month. First month was great, faster speed.. Then the particular server they put me on kept crashing, they said they've tried everything to get it fixed to no avail.. still kept crashing.. downtime nearly every two days.. not good for my business. So after 5 months I moved on.

Now I am with ResellerZoom.com (aka HostingZoom) I've been with them for over a year and I couldn't be happier. They came highly regarded from http://www.webhostingtalk.com . These guys are super knowledgeable about some custom features I wanted and were very easy to work with to get it set up. I've never waited more than 20 mins for a response to a help desk ticket. Servers are fast, no downtime. And I run about 10 sites from my reseller account: 4 online stores, 5 game sites, and 1 personal page. All are running great. I pay $12.95/month for 75G bandwidth & 5G hard drive And they have larger plans if needed. No ASP support is the only caveat, but thats not important to me.

Also if you are lookin for a great merchant account provider.. I recently found MerchantLogic.com and signed up with them. They have the best rates I've seen for what I want (and no im not a reseller for them.. just getting word out on the experiences I've had with multiple different providers)

2.9% + $0.25 per transaction
7.95/month statement fee
9.95/month Gateway fee
$0.00/year

This works great for me because I have a lot of orders at $50-$100 each.. so I pay less per transaction.

my old merchant account with Payquake.com was:

3.93% +$0.50 per transaction
0.00/monthly
0.00/gateway
$49.99/year

Which ended up costing me more because of the high transaction fees. I'm saving about $280 per month with the new account I have. But each are differently good depending on what you want.

#315 CMS Topic manager display is broken?!

Posted by TVC on 16 February 2006 - 03:50 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

yea Opera is pretty buggy lately. I had to back away from the 9.x previews.. and go back to 8.51, 9.x is just horribly unstable, not only with cs-cart.. but other sites.

#300 SSL after finishing checkout.

Posted by TVC on 14 February 2006 - 03:51 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

? Which one? there were 2 options..

1) Thank you page is in SSL
2) All pages after Thank you page stay in SSL

option 2 is definitely a bug.. option 1 may or may not be on my other cart.. i will test it.

#298 SSL after finishing checkout.

Posted by TVC on 14 February 2006 - 03:46 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

Hmmmm well ok then well do that instead of fixing a small bug. thats 3 companies I have to contact now... ah well ok then. Thanks.

Well I will check my Zen-cart to see if they leave it in SSl mode after checkout. Are you referring to the "Thank you for shopping" page is in SSL? or all clicks afterwards are still SSL?

#296 SSL after finishing checkout.

Posted by TVC on 14 February 2006 - 03:38 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

The copyright specifically states all images and animation must be hotlinked to and not downloaded and hosted.

Then they should definitely offer a https version for you. Maybe email them. I know google offers an https for their stuff too for just that reason

#294 SSL after finishing checkout.

Posted by TVC on 14 February 2006 - 03:13 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

Yes IE messages, or any browser messages come to that.

All the above solutions are not really viable as it breaches copyright having them on my server.

Using an HTTPS connection will not always allow connection to the remote object.

? If you are hotlinking another sites content, I'd say that breaches copyright more than anything... what is the object in question?

#292 Upgrade

Posted by TVC on 14 February 2006 - 02:25 PM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

Ok Im running the upgrade, but I see a few of the files that were manually changed cannot be upgraded. These files are files that I changed when the cart admins told us to replace code in some of the forums threads to fix current bugs. Can I just replace these files manually now since I assume they should include all the fixes?

#291 SSL after finishing checkout.

Posted by TVC on 14 February 2006 - 02:13 PM in v1.x Issues & Troubleshooting

Assuming you are referring to IE's warning about "there are secure and non-secure items on this page, would you like to load the non-secure items?"

You have a few options:

A) If the hardcoded stuff is on the same server, Use relative paths, so instead of http://www.mysite.com/logo.jpg, use /logo.jpg
B) change the hard coded stuff to the secure protocol: instead of http://www.mysite.com/logo.jpg make it https://www.mysite.com/logo.jpg
C) if you are using a shared ssl, change http://mysite.com/logo.jpg to https://my.shared.se.../~user/logo.jpg

I had this problem when I had banner images on my site. I just copied the banner images to my local site and ran them from there.

This may not be the solution if you aren't talking about the same error message.

#285 Journey to CS-Cart

Posted by TVC on 13 February 2006 - 01:35 AM in Off-Topic/General Chat

But then came CSS-Cart :lol: Excellent and on its way up the ranks, already recommended it to a few friends for its (Speed, Validation-HTML and CSS, Features, Tidy code, up to date Smarty, etc.)

Hmm.. CS-Cart and CSSCart are two different things... I assume you mean CS-Cart. CssCart is an overprice javascript crap cart that thinks they will get $1000 for a free paypal shop.

#272 Upgrade

Posted by TVC on 07 February 2006 - 08:54 PM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

I too would like to know upgrade steps. do i upload all files except config.php? do I have to run the installer again? upgrade center?

#271 Sales Report tools

Posted by TVC on 07 February 2006 - 08:53 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Would be nice in the future to have a reporting tool to tell you everything about the sales that have occured.

+ Break it down daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, and ranged
+ show how many items were sold that day/week/month/etc
+ show what items were sold
+ show sub total, shipping total, and grand total
+ show how many of each product has been sold overall.
+ Exportable reports.

things like that would be great. I think there is some reports like that already in cs-cart but not sure.

#269 Journey to CS-Cart

Posted by TVC on 06 February 2006 - 10:14 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

Zen-Cart.. which i still also use.. this cart was the first of all the pay carts to impress me with their default features considering they are less than a year old. Xcart is ok, but the skins are horrible. Sunshop looked pretty good, but was lacking a lot of features.

Zen-cart still the best feature wise.. but its quite blocky and the interface is ugly.. but the community is that of osCommerce so it has lots of community made contribs/mods. CS-Cart is really designer looking.. and its getting better quickly I see as the cs-cart guys do get a lot done in only a couple months. They seem to be on the right track and their price tag is well worth it, unlike some other pay carts that can't even do realtime shipping or coupon codes.

#255 Editing Products

Posted by TVC on 04 February 2006 - 06:57 PM in General Questions

I noticed some refreshing, i just pressed "stop" and it stopped. and continued to work. ;)

Ya thats what i did to actually. had to time the stop just right :P

#252 customer credit card to my bank account connection

Posted by TVC on 04 February 2006 - 04:39 PM in v1.x Installation & Upgrade

can you explain how I can connect my bank account to this software in such a way that the amount could directly go to my bank account when customer's credit card was charged.

You use the payment module to talk with your current payment gateway like authorize.net and then credit card transactions will go to your merchant account immediately, and they send it to your bank. You will of course already need a third party merchant account and payment gateway.

#251 Editing Products

Posted by TVC on 04 February 2006 - 04:37 PM in General Questions

Great, can wait, currently im using Opera 9 beta.

Good to see another Opera user :) Just a little warning with Opera in the admin area, the Real Time Shipping module has a constant refresh problem on Opera 8.x-9.x... not a big deal.. just use IE to edit that part.

#248 A new web page designing model

Posted by TVC on 03 February 2006 - 06:36 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

I'm sorry but that design is unique and custom made for that company. Its true that one can imitate it or even rip it of. Respectfully id like it to remain unique, and besides its not even 100% done and all the extra features CS-Cart has were simply removed from the design, so if some extra modules were to be turned on they simply wouldn't work.

From my experience with CS-Cart i find it to be very customizable, I'm sure you could customize such a design for yourself. :wink:

Yea I haven't tried much yet myself.. someday I will but I have to wait for USPS automatic shipping pricing before I can go live with my cs-cart, which I think is fixed in the upcoming Feb 6th release... so maybe then I can start customizing.

#246 A new web page designing model

Posted by TVC on 03 February 2006 - 01:19 PM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

That is a nice template :) Would you like to share that with the rest of us? :)

I agree with the Left Side/Right Side box layout needed. Similar to PHPNuke, Zen-Cart, DragonflyCMS.. movement of boxes would be nice.