imac's Content

There have been 41 items by imac (Search limited from 13-Oct 18)

Sort by                Order  

#317835 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.3 With Billing Address, Apple Pay, Googl...

Posted by imac on 17 July 2019 - 12:29 PM in News and Announcements

Vat Number in billing return am i wright?

Yes, you can set any fields in billing section you need. Please note, that there is no VAT validation functionality.

#317355 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 12:00 PM in News and Announcements

Will there be an option to revert the question: Billing and shipping address are the same? (No/Yes - default value)

I would prefer to ask my customers following question: Do you want to receive an invoice?. (Yes/ No - default value) - which has reverted answer. If the language variables for yes / no are used in different places then it will not be possible and even after translation different fields will trigger the show event.

Could you implement mechanism which will allow above?

Imac, could you answer that question?

In 4.10.3 we will not add this.

"Yes" will be the default value and there won't be option to change it.

As I mentioned above you will be able to modify it in smarty block

#317353 Cs-Cart Speed : Which Version ?

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 11:36 AM in General Questions

I have a website running with Cs-Cart 4.5

I'm thinking of making updates but as i'am actually not totally satisfied with speed, i don't want to have a slower website with a newer version.

I read 4.7.1 was slower again, is it true ?

And which version do you think is the fastest Cs-cart release ?

Thanks for help :)

There were no serious performance issues or performance updates in 4.5 - 4.10. Even though there some new features, but I do not recommend you skip the upgrade because someone wrote that it is slower. It's depend a lot on configuration of CS-Cart.

The best scenario is install demo store, upgrade it and make the performance tests. Also good hosting with Nginx, latest PHP version (not lower that php 7.1) and correct configuration will improve the performance of you store. That's for sure.

#317326 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 07:41 AM in News and Announcements

There needs to be labels indicating that the original address (top) is the shipping address and that when billing/shipping same is 'no' that the requested info is for the billing address.  The labels are needed to avoid confusion.

You can add title to any block.

So you can name billing section "Billing address" (there is no name on the screenshot) and rename "Customer" to "Shipping address" 

#317325 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 07:34 AM in News and Announcements

Hi imac.

Good for billing adress i saw but.

can you think some kind of good appear, for this??

23r8vf7.png

As I mentioned above we do not plan to change look and feel of new Checkout for now.

The checkout page is divided into the blocks so no you can just create your "payment methods" smarty block and use it instead of default one.

#317324 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 07:32 AM in News and Announcements

looking good also willi be support boxes like shipping address ?

customer can be select different billing addresses ?

No plans for several Billing addresses. There will be several shipping addresses (in case allow multiple profiles is enabled) and only on billing address.

Can you describe a scenario when you need several billing addresses?

#317296 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 02 July 2019 - 02:04 PM in News and Announcements

Hello 

We prepared the screenshots of how billing section will look like. As you can see in both screens the billing section is extended - this is for demonstration, in case customer selects "YES" for billing equal shipping it will be in one line as before.

Due to our new logic of blocks at new checkout you will be able to place it anywhere. On the screens one implementation is under shipping address, and another is under payment methods. Many big players do place billing address under payment methods. 

Also keep in mind that new logic with blocks allows you to select different fields for shipping and billing address. And as an example of this I added "company name" and "vat number" to billing address.

payments-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

customer-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

#317256 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 01 July 2019 - 12:12 PM in News and Announcements

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback.

CS-Cart community is everyone of your, and I'm sure there is no right or wrong opinion. We all want the same: good product that helps you in business.

I will provide screenshots on how billing address in new checkout will look like. Besides we make sure that everything works correctly in old checkout. 

Please note that I do not plan to change look and feel of new checkout. 

#317254 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 01 July 2019 - 12:01 PM in News and Announcements

CS-Cart team should speed the delivery pace (and this is the most important thing of Agile - the product development methodology - which CS-Cart team is following internally).

Well, this is a complicated thing.

We are ready to release new releases each 2 week (our sprint is 2 week long). But the community is not ready.

We moved to a semver standard so each patch release (when last number is changed) contain only bug fixes. But even though there a log of complains after updates. Updating downloadable software (the software that hosted on your side) should be done carefully, keeping in mind a number of details. We spent a lot of time on making upgrade process smoother, creating backups, send links to email to restore store immediately and so on. And still after all the efforts (and I can assure we still working in this direction) upgrade is a stress for our end-customers. As well as for our 3rd party developers. That's why we decided to release patch versions once a month or two.

CS-Cart should activate the uservoice forum. They should remind their customers about the uservoice! It should be the only source of new functions based on popularity.

Uservoice has a serious lack - customers vote some general ideas? Like "mobile app", "new checkout", "more payments", "good statistics". This become a real problem. Customer really dissapointed that we did not implemented some of these ideas and we do not listen to them. But when I started to digg into such ideas it turned out that one idea consists of ten other ideas, and different customers meant different things. Just review the posts above, there are lot of different opinions on how checkout should look like.

Forum solve this problem perfectly. When there is something wrong- we immediately can see the result. 

#316911 New Checkout With 4.10 Help

Posted by imac on 21 June 2019 - 10:29 AM in General Questions

I wish I had not upgraded now. I cannot believe they made such radical changes to the checkout process that effectively remove options that were available to customers before the update. 

Plus the lack of postcode shipping calculations would be disastrous for us!

The old checkout (the one from 4.9.3) is still working in 4.10 and you can switch to it any time. 

#316800 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 19 June 2019 - 01:21 PM in News and Announcements

Are u seious? You dont want understant me.
Cs-cart multiple address profile support entering billing/shipping addresses same database line
Its not usable, all new shopify, yo-cart another multi vendor platforms
Using each address each row line. Anyway also o leave break now, i hope cs team understant me , what i want

I see what you mean.

There two possible problems:

1. Client could have multiple credit cards and probably several billing addresses (not sure if this is the case)

2. Client might change his billing address for some reason (in this case we still should save the billing address in orders table)

But I do agree that main scenario should be one billing address (stored in users table) and several shipping address (in case multiple profiles is enabled) that is stored in profiles table.

In case multiple profiles is disabled - one billing and one shipping.

#316797 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 19 June 2019 - 01:15 PM in News and Announcements

I have the new version installed in a temp folder and i cannot understand the way the new checkout is working. I need shipping/billing etc. but even adding an adress field is not straight forward.

Im not having a great time using the software now. 

New fields should be added to checkout blocks. Because since 4.10 checkout page is manage using layout blocks.

So got to Design -> Layouts. Switch to Checkout location and open the Shipping address block. There you will be able to add new fields from shipping section.

#316726 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 12:43 PM in News and Announcements

Dear friends, thank you for your feedback! 

I will take a break for now.

But I confirm that we have to bring billing address back in new Checkout.

#316725 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 12:38 PM in News and Announcements

Here is a screenshot of the billing address requirements on Amazon https://prnt.sc/o21xi3

Here it is in a later stage: https://prnt.sc/o21xz6

No please, keep the old checkout as an addon and don't stop it. I still use it. I found out that it is more user friendly than the current lite checkout. 

If you want to improve the lite checkout, it should be as follows: 

1- Checkout should be two steps separated in two pages.

2- Page one is the shipping address page. User fills the shipping address in the first page. Then click save. Then, all editable fields should be changed to text only, so that the user sees a summery of the shipping address that he filled. If the user clicks on edit, the input fields return. 

3- User clicks on continue, then the second page appears with all the other checkout requirements. 

Note1: this method is very mobile friendly. 

Note2: the currenty behavior of the lite checkout, especially this thing: https://prnt.sc/o21zzy is not user friendly at all. It is even misleading. 

Note3: Step by Step checkout with some styling and minor modification becomes very modern and easy. See my checkout: https://prnt.sc/o221bl

Note4: Review this study about the importance of Step by Step checkout (accordion style) https://baymard.com/...ckout-usability

Having said that, I hope you will not discontinue the Step by Step addon. If all the above doens't convince you, just keep it as an option. At least me will still use it for my 2 stores. 

Dear alaa,

Thank you for the most constructive comments. They were very helpful.

At the moment I will try to find a solution how to add billing address to new Checkouts.

I'm not sure we will split checkout into 2 steps or make any other significant changes, but for sure we will try to do it more user friendly. You are free to use the previous version of Checkouts.

#316710 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 10:09 AM in News and Announcements

Many customers, developer and ressellers told you in this post we need two kind of adresses (billing and shipping) for the customer, why are you dont believe us? What is the reason for?

It's not about believe. It's about a reason why.

Have you heard about 5Why framework. What I'm trying to is to understand the real reason why you ask for billing address.

When did you send an invoice by a post service in real life?

In case buyer want to receive an invoice he set his email, and that it's. Customers set their email even in case they buy for someone.

#316708 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 10:03 AM in News and Announcements

Yeah.. I did all of that and it didn't work. Even after deleting cache, etc. I tried it on two different computes and 3 browsers. I had to roll back to fix it.

Please contact tech support and they will help you with that.

#316707 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 10:01 AM in News and Announcements

A customer add the product to cart and move on to checkout , register an account or checkout as a guest , enter the name, address, email, phone number and move on to shipping and payment method, enter the credit card info and submit order, if the address entered does not match the address that is associated with the credit card used on file with the credit card bank, the transaction will be declined because we use fraud protection with our credit card processor to have the street address and zip code match, sure we can remove this requirement and take orders with it but that defeats the purpose of the fraud protection suite that we pay for to make sure the orders we receive are legit and not fraud, if the address entered was correct , in the backend on the order detail page we see this in the response from the credit card processor . This is the way it is with most merchants that I have done business with in USA, you add one billing address and as many shipping addresses as you want, but a billing address that is tied to the credit card used must be there. If we take orders without the billing address, we will be a sitting duck for fraudulent transactions that we can not refute if we get a chargeback. I really don't see the logic behind your thinking and why you want to do this. This will not work for me as I have mentioned on 2 of my stores I sell digital products that don't need a shipping address but a billing address, I will not upgrade and stay where I'm or move on for another platform if this stays the way it is. I have been using CS-Cart since Version 1.35 , more than 10 years now and hate to go somewhere else

What payment methods do you use? 

I'm asking about exact payment methods because most of the payment gateways already moved to 3D Secure or planning to do this.

#316703 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.2 With Improvements And Bug Fixes

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 09:25 AM in News and Announcements

Selecting shipping profile does not working properly on checkout page. The editing profile modal shows up when I select profile box.

video : http://dpr.kadenlee.com/UOUFzB

It's working correctly. Popup is open because you did not fill required fields - Firstname and lastname.

#316555 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:08 PM in News and Announcements

I just wanted to add to the request to keep the billing address.  I am just getting started with CS Cart and have spent a lot of money to get up and running so I'm really not happy to read this discussion and fear losing my investment because the cart will no longer do what is required.

My store is in the US and for fraud protection we require the billing address be entered and matched to the bank's records.  If it doesn't match then the customer is declined. I have both b2b and b2c customers and both will frequently use a different ship to address.  I think the issue could easily be resolved with a check box that says shipping same as billing or just automatically make the shipping same as billing and if it's not then a check box that will open up for a shipping address. I see that on 98% of the online accounts I create.  As a customer, if I am shipping to a different address than my billing address I am not upset to have to enter two addresses at checkout.  However, if they are the same I like the ease of it just automatically populating the shipping fields.

I currently use authorize.net and PayPal for my processors.

Thank you for details, I will go through these payments. 

#316554 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:06 PM in News and Announcements

You could not said it any better, billing address in USA is a must, I sell digital products in one of my stores and I don't need a shipping address but I need a billing address for CC verification and I will not do it without, if this is not going to change I will not upgrade of move on to another solution

Hi, can you please write how do you do this validation of billing address? 

Please write a workflow on how it organised on you side.

From what I know, all CC payment processors try to move to 3DS Secure, and it's rare case when some payment requires billing address.

#316553 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:03 PM in News and Announcements

Why it is a problem to bring back this small radio button?

Or let us the old checkout as addon with billing adress?

We have old checkout for now. But I won't bring the billing address back just "because". There should be a reason for this.

In my opinion, the onepage checkout should be optional.

I never saw a good one page checkout.

To many informations in one screen is to confusing and brings a lot of problems for the store e.g shipping methods with shipping rate related to a zip code ( in germany we have isle' with 20 zip codes where we need a higher shipping rate, thats the reason we creat a shipping destination "german isle")

The one page checkout must reload after every entry the customer did, which can be change the shipping ratre,  or you must click on shipping method to reload (like now). But is this smoother than the checkout in steps? i dont think so.

One page checkput sounds good, but isnt. It is easier for customer to guide him step by step.

That why all big stores in germany uses a step by step checkout.

Step by step checkout is outdated. The easier checkout is - the more conversional it is. Checkout should be as simple as only possible, and besides it should be displayed correctly on any kind of device - PC, Tablet, Mobile. That is how we get our new checkout. 

Old checkout, the one that was up to 4.9.3 is deprecated and will be discontinued in one of the future versions.

#316552 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 12:56 PM in News and Announcements

Amazon is not a good web store to compare checkout methods. Amazon absolutely has billing addresses and it is located in your account details along with the payment methods that you set-up. At checkout they ask what payment method you want to use and where you want to ship to.  They also automatically store your various shipping locations for you.

I don't know why you decided that Amazon absolutely has billing address.

Can you please post the screenshot with billing address? Because in my profile I did not find any mention of billing address.

Removing the billing address only works if you are going to force all customers to have an account. This is not a good idea and will cause customers to be lost. Most people only want to set-up accounts with stores that they frequently shop at like Amazon. Additionaly, if you require account set-up, you actually create more steps for the customer to checkout than simply leaving the billing address there.

How is the billing address connected with requirement to have an account? I really don't understand.

#316492 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 13 June 2019 - 01:07 PM in News and Announcements

Say what? Are you trying to eliminate the use of CS Cart in USA? We rely heavily on the billing address for fraud protection. All US banks participate in address verification. Many of our customers regardless of B2B or B2C ship to alternate addresses. How can you so easily generalize billing and shipping. We do not accept credit cards from International customers because most do not provide address verification and those customers are forced to an alternate payment like PayPal.

Just in case it wasn't absolutely clear we need billing and shipping address fields. It is very easy for the customer to tick a button to ship to an alternate address.

Can you please list the payment methods you use in your store. Which of them require billing address from you store in order to process the transaction?

From my experience billing address could be used by a payment method in case it's required for any reason, I mean on payment server. 

#316490 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 13 June 2019 - 01:02 PM in News and Announcements

1. Yes regardless of whether it's a b2b or b2c

2. Yes.  Purchase an item for a gift to be shipped to someone else.  Hence billing/shipping are different.

It's not a good idea to create extra fields for such rare case. And this can be solved by a comment. 

4. Amazon is probably easiest.  They support a variety of payment methods (which relate to multiple billing addresses for a registered user) and a variety of ship-to addresses.  So it's a many-many relationship.  They use the last-selected as the default for the current order but it's easily changed via radio buttons and/or "new" for both shipping and billing (actually they call it payment method but most require at least a zipcode).

Any payment method other than CC probably requires full billing/shipping address info where CC probably just requires CC.  However, Square will use billing zipcode in addition to zipcode entered with card data to more fully detect fraudulent activity..

I did not find billing address on Amazon. Only multiple shipping profiles. If you can provide me with screen that would help.

#316487 Upgrade From 3.0.6 To 4.2.3

Posted by imac on 13 June 2019 - 12:02 PM in Installation & Upgrade

We are trying to upgrade a 3.0.6 CS-Cart store to 4.x.

The first step in this process is to use the Store Import tool to go from 3.0.6 to 4.2.3.

The problem we are having is that we can't seem to find a location to download a blank copy of the 4.2.3 software.

We have lodged a support ticket, but we are wondering if there is a download link elsewhere. We checked the cs-cart user file section, but all that had was a 3.0.6 download and a 4.10 download.

Hi, there is no link in public. Tech support should provide you with a 4.2.3 package, so follow the ticket updates.