TTapio's Content

There have been 19 items by TTapio (Search limited from 19-Mar 18)

Sort by                Order  

#313291 Disable Paypal Refund Options In Rma Plugin

Posted by TTapio on 16 March 2019 - 06:12 AM in Configuration

I've been using third party service for RMA and there's option for this. Would love to know if CS CART is an option to remove/disable this option. I suppose this kind of selection in RMA section should be mandatory after returned goods are validated.

#310744 Exported Order Data

Posted by TTapio on 04 January 2019 - 06:25 PM in Configuration

Thank you for the info. That helps me a lot to figure it out. We have used several shipping programs which were connected to different shopping carts. We never had this kind of issue with export files where country names were in ISO format. We don't have separate database to "convert" ISO to full name or vice versa. We don't use online shipping programs but our own intranet custom software where (after several firewalls) it connects to internet. We have never had similar issues with Magento, Prestashop (just for testing purpose) and couple others. We try to find certain easy solutions without modules to fill-up gap to those customers who let us dropship for them. They just email their CSV TAB files to us and our system can read file automatically. We are now using CS Cart and building multistore system and would like to use our internal custom labelling software (Mac OS). Easiest way for us is to do simple Export Orders list and person in charge just email confirmed orders to internal system. However, we have been thinking addon module for CS Cart if needed to. Options are still open.

#310742 Exported Order Data

Posted by TTapio on 04 January 2019 - 05:42 PM in Configuration

Finally had some time to look into exim/orders.php and database. The main issue still remains. As we know, at the backend we can see full name of the state (any country if it's setup) and full country name (not as two ISO standardized letters). Export file and orders database for "s_state", "s_country" is just two letters. I'd like to have both or at least country name full. I cannot import complete shipping address to labelling program. Just wondering how much coding this would need without confusing future CS Cart updates.

#310705 Exported Order Data

Posted by TTapio on 04 January 2019 - 04:23 AM in Configuration

ORDER ID, EMAIL and STORE I get over with different settings in final export file and the way other software is importing it. EXIM/ORDERS.PHP file I need to look closer how to figure out the settings for output file.

#310678 Exported Order Data

Posted by TTapio on 03 January 2019 - 10:37 AM in Configuration

Is there a simple way to deactivate ORDER ID, E-MAIL & STORE from exported file? I think having those “mandatory” fields are kinda outdated while I need output from fields what I need. Other two issues:  SHIPPING: STATE (why I cannot select complete state name instead of ISO two letter?) also the SHIPPING: COUNTRY is just ISO two letters. I need to have complete country name. I never use cs-cart export function yet and didn’t look if there’s a simple ways to “add” or select complete field name for export??

#305406 Paypal Errors Extremely Annoying

Posted by TTapio on 16 August 2018 - 05:59 AM in General Questions

I've had this issue for some 2-3 weeks. Today 20 orders alone end up to same error. I tried to look around server logs and cpanel logs etc. all possible logs I can get in my hands. I first thought it might be browser related issue but it's not. I even went so far that asked customers if they use cookie blockers etc. something that might be the reason. I ended up to no reasonable conclusion.

I think the PAYPAL payment gateway should be similar like at NAME.COM (Domain seller) who keeps customers nicely on site while Paypal process (after login) the payment. It keeps customers on site and you can see process what's going on.

Right now in CS CART there's only one sentence on top left corner that directing to PAYPAL. Many customers may see as "suspicious" and may stop process. This was also one issue with 4 customers who mention about it.

If any developer can do some better advanced PayPal addon. I am ready for it.

#305374 Paypal Errors Extremely Annoying

Posted by TTapio on 15 August 2018 - 04:12 PM in General Questions

Not sure what causes this every day "losing orders" with following error:

Payment processor response
Transaction was canceled by the customer

I know that customers didn't cancel the orders but it was the communication from cart to PAYPAL. The connection from CS CART itself to PAYPAL is just having small sentence left top corner where many customers don't even see it.

Is there any ADVANCED paypal module for CS CART where customer can truly see that they are still having connection between CART and PAYPAL.

Any ready module welcomed.

#304458 Show a menu to certain user groups

Posted by TTapio on 25 July 2018 - 10:25 AM in Hints & Modifications

Am I the only one who needs certain top menus shown to certain groups of customers??? I didn't find any usable info from CS Cart own help sections.

#304249 Show a menu to certain user groups

Posted by TTapio on 20 July 2018 - 10:38 AM in Hints & Modifications

OK. No matter, which way I do settings for menu. This is the only thing what I can do:

Example groups:  all, guest, Usergroup1 , Usergroup2

Menunames: bicycle - car - aeroplane - boat - spaceship

I want to hide menu name "boat" from "all" and "guest" and show it only to "usergroup1" and "usergroup2". I cannot hide top menu at all. However, I can hide "boat" submenus to be available only for "usergroup1" and "usergroup2".

Furthermore, I can hide separately under one mainmenu "boat" subcategory1 available for "usergroup1" only and subcategory2 available for "usergroup2"only. 

If that can be done, why the top menu cannot be available for certain group only and hidden from menubar for guests ??

#304243 Show a menu to certain user groups

Posted by TTapio on 20 July 2018 - 07:52 AM in Hints & Modifications

have you tried categories availibility

https://prnt.sc/k8r32s

Yes I tried that also. So far I manage only to see the ROOT MENU in bar, but subcategories for regular user is hidden and only certain group can see those subcategories. I need to get that ROOT MENU also away and available only to those who belongs to certain user group.

#304240 Show a menu to certain user groups

Posted by TTapio on 20 July 2018 - 06:42 AM in Hints & Modifications

Looks like you are not the only one who try to do it. I have same problem. I have tried several ways but none of them are working. I try setup certain categories only to certain groups but it still show those menus to everyone :( . I tried to look several CS Cart docs and youtube videos but didn't see such settings anywhere so far.

Anybody here who know the trick to do custom Menus for certain groups??

#303452 No Shipping Options On Check Out

Posted by TTapio on 30 June 2018 - 05:27 AM in Configuration

I had this same problem before. For me the "fix" was simple. It wasn't an error, it was just "I didn't know" thing. If you assign shipping to supplier and for products you didn't assign to same supplier. It gives such error. Also if you set the supplier for product (s) and you didn't set it in shipping. It gives same error. Try to play with those settings if it helps.

#303271 Paypal Changes To Wrong Currency

Posted by TTapio on 27 June 2018 - 05:27 AM in Configuration

Thanks for the link. I think I have different approach to PAYPAL payments and what I am looking for. Simple way said; When customer select in their preferred currency - PAYPAL should process it with that currency and credit PAYPAL account with selected currency without converting to base currency. Payment link idea may work in someways in some business types well but I need straight forward solution with payments.

Please refer to the following article:

https://docs.cs-cart...y_exchange.html

Let us know if this functionality works differently in your store

#303270 Paypal Changes To Wrong Currency

Posted by TTapio on 27 June 2018 - 05:25 AM in Configuration

Thanks Darius for the info. I'm looking now all available options and if nothing around , then needs to do custom work a bit.

PayPal addon in cs-cart does is not capable with multiple currencies by default. But there are some addons in marketplace that do that.

#303209 Paypal Changes To Wrong Currency

Posted by TTapio on 26 June 2018 - 10:46 AM in Configuration

Is this an error or is it just how CS Cart handle PAYPAL payments. I have multi currency in use and base currency is US Dollar. My problem is that if I use New Zealand Dollar on one site. Once it's paid in NZD, it converts automatically to USD ?? I have all needed currencies activated on PAYPAL.

Is this How PAYPAL work on CS CART and if there's something to do with it , HOW? Recent changes with PAYPAL or what is it?

Any additional paid modules to handle PAYPAL payments and currencies correct way?

#303206 Upgrade From 4.7.4 To 4.8.1 Failed

Posted by TTapio on 26 June 2018 - 10:39 AM in Installation & Upgrade

One of the database migrations in the upgrade package did work if there was an apostrophe (') in the GDPR add-on language variables (for example in French and Italian translations).

This issue was fixed last week. You should revert the upgrade and install it once again per imac instruction in the first reply of this topic.

I tried the way as instructed. Didn't work for me. Even after restoring upgrade package. The error was the very same.

Good if it works for some without errors and restoring the backup works. Looks like I am the only one who hard hard time with it.

I still have one major issue with CS Cart, which doesn't work at all. I've sent message to support about it.

#303114 Upgrade From 4.7.4 To 4.8.1 Failed

Posted by TTapio on 24 June 2018 - 12:59 PM in Installation & Upgrade

Here's final results and what I did to fix it. Support sadly didn't give any working solution how to get upgrade done. Bug in upgrade? I think it's more like bug in CS Cart itself.

If your upgrade from 4.7.4 to 4.8.1 fails and you get same message as above.

1. While error was linked to language file(s). I took closer look to it. I have several languages (official ones) in use. First main language is english in all sites + additionally 5 other languages.

2. I did uninstall ALL additional languages and left english only.

3. Back to upgrade center and select upgrade etc. normally. 

4. Upgrade was successful without any errors linked to languages.

Someone may find exact cause in language files as error states.

Anyways above solution helped me.

#302968 Upgrade From 4.7.4 To 4.8.1 Failed

Posted by TTapio on 21 June 2018 - 12:47 PM in Installation & Upgrade

Hi,

I did as recommended. Didn't work. I got exactly same error.

1. I did restore backup

2. Refresh upgrade

3. Did upgrade again and got very same error.

However, I still can used admin area normally. Able to login.

#302947 Upgrade From 4.7.4 To 4.8.1 Failed

Posted by TTapio on 21 June 2018 - 08:24 AM in Installation & Upgrade

It's been so far easy process to upgrade. Last upgrade 4.7.4 I did's see GDPR addon at all (yes, tried to search). After getting in contact with support they obviously installed GDPR addon manually and it was available.

Now after I tried to upgrade from 4.7.4 to 4.8.1 I got n error as shown in JPEG file. I have multistore but all stores use english at the moment and I don't get it why the error message contain reference to language FR (French obviously). The upgrade process failed and not sure how to proceed. 

I'm able to login to admin area but I didn't restore old files back yet. Trying to avoid downtime if such happen.error.JPG