plh212's Content

There have been 17 items by plh212 (Search limited from 15-Oct 18)

Sort by                Order  

#313744 Guests List Added To Profile

Posted by plh212 on 28 March 2019 - 12:51 PM in Hints & Modifications

Different profiles is not really what is needed but just different shipping addresses. CSC created  when they indicated you can have a profile for home and one for business, is two different profiles under the same email address... which is in my humble opinion very rare if not non-existent. You don't want your boss to be able to review under your professional email address what you are buying for yourself and you don't want mixing up your personal email address with business related matters... well some people do ;)

I reviewed again and from a customer point of view and the actual setup is really not clear and easily understandable. I would really like to see as suggested by imago a section for different shipping addresses with aliases. That seems to be an easier to understand interface for customers.

Just my two cents.

#313743 Guests List Added To Profile

Posted by plh212 on 28 March 2019 - 12:28 PM in Hints & Modifications

Ok. After a thorough review I must admit I was wrong and OrangeGirl and eComLabs were both right. You can indeed create different shipping addresses. The current setup is not entirely clear and will not be to my customers. What is needed I believed is a clearer and better interface for customers.

My sincere apologies to both eComLabs and OrangeGirl!

Phil 

#313742 Guests List Added To Profile

Posted by plh212 on 28 March 2019 - 12:20 PM in Hints & Modifications

Hi OrangeGirl,

What CSC achieves is to save ONLY one shipping address at a time, if you change the shipping address for a second shipping address the first shipping address is lost, since it has been replaced by the second one you just entered.

I think Imago got it right, all Shipping addresses entered should be saved in a separate section with a list available at checkout time showing aliases and a check box next to each above or next to the "Ship To" section allowing customers to ship to an already existing shipping address or add a new one.

#313738 Guests List Added To Profile

Posted by plh212 on 28 March 2019 - 11:27 AM in Hints & Modifications

Hi eComLabs,

This is what I had been using but got frustrated since on the customer side you can only enter a different shipping address for immediate shipping but cannot save it for later use, forcing customer to re-enter it next time around. There is a lot of reasons, after having used XCart for 14 years, for me to switch to CSC... but somehow CSC fails me on this. I am also surprised to see that after reviewing carefully all the add-ons around no one thought about this one.

Hi Webkul,

No offense but the meaning and purpose of these forums is be educational and informative for everyone. So if you would like to share your thoughts on this specific subject could you please be kind enough to share them here.

Thank you all.

#313719 Guests List Added To Profile

Posted by plh212 on 27 March 2019 - 07:14 PM in Hints & Modifications

Hi,

I'm trying to find if there is an add-on or a method to add a list of "guests" or "friends" that a customer may add to his profile.

Customer wants to send a gift to a friend, or a family member, they will keep the same billing address for their CC purchase but will send said purchase to a friend as a gift. At X-Mas time we have currently customers sending to family and friends numerous gifts so the list should not be limited to a numbers of added deliveries addresses. It's a feature under X-Cart but I don't seem to have seen it in CSC.

Any idea?

Thank you.
Phil

#313000 Where Are Customs Themes And Layouts Saved?

Posted by plh212 on 08 March 2019 - 11:58 AM in Store Design & Templates

Thank you eComLabs.

I had found a list of layouts in the db. But I thought there had to be more than than.
What is interesting is the fact that only 10 fields define an entry for a layout with no data as far as I can see defining grids and blocks size and positions. Where is that data stored?

#312985 Where Are Customs Themes And Layouts Saved?

Posted by plh212 on 07 March 2019 - 05:38 PM in Store Design & Templates

Hello,

I can find Custom CSS for our site but I don't seem to be able to find which folder(s) hold(s) the cloned themes and layouts after doing our modifications.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Philippe

#312444 Authorize.net Aim And Sim

Posted by plh212 on 18 February 2019 - 10:59 AM in General Questions

It looks like whether CIM or Hosted CIM these are no longer possible alternative to AIM.

Screen capture from Authorize.net Developer site attached.

Philippe

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 5.57.02 AM.png

#312441 Authorize.net Aim And Sim

Posted by plh212 on 18 February 2019 - 10:48 AM in General Questions

Hi,

Is your add-on AuthorizeNet.CIM use "Hosted CIM"?

#312417 Messages Displayed In Upper Right Corner

Posted by plh212 on 17 February 2019 - 03:56 PM in Configuration

Thank you!

I used this and this seems to be working as well:

.notification-container {
    position: fixed;
    top: 350px;
    right: 600px;
    z-index: 1022;
    min-width: 150px;
    width: 15%;
}

But I going to try your option as this a relative position.

Thanks again.

#312413 Messages Displayed In Upper Right Corner

Posted by plh212 on 17 February 2019 - 12:37 PM in Configuration

Hello,

Messages (errors, success, etc...) are currently displayed under the upper menu bar which happens to be fixed when scrolling down the page. The problem is that the msg being displayed is currently partly hidden (you cannot read its entirety) and worse the X for closing it is totally hidden and as such blocking any further attempt to get rid of it.

Has someone an idea on how to reposition the message window in the center of the screen where it can be seen, read, and eventually closed?

Thank you.
Philipp

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.36.14 AM.png

#312412 Messages Displayed In Upper Right Corner

Posted by plh212 on 17 February 2019 - 12:36 PM in Configuration

Hello,

Messages (errors, success, etc...) are currently displayed under the upper menu bar which happens to be fixed when scrolling down the page. The problem is that the msg being displayed is currently partly hidden (you cannot read its entirety) and worse the X for closing it is totally hidden and as such blocking any further attempt to get rid of it.

Has someone an idea on how to reposition the message window in the center of the screen where it can be seen, read, and eventually closed?

Thank you.
Philipp

#312411 Authorizenet Sim

Posted by plh212 on 17 February 2019 - 12:25 PM in Configuration

Hello,

When setting a payment method by CC the only available option for Authorize.net is AuthorizeNet.Aim. Using this setup let your customers enter their CC information on YOUR server... and will need to add numerous security options to get this going.

I am currently using AuthorizeNet.Sim on our X-Cart cart and this redirects the customer to the Authorize.Net site which keeps all the CC information from customer... this way you can sleep at night without worrying about CC thefts info from your site.

How can we get the correct API for Authorize.Net with the SIM option and not the available AIM?

Best

Philipp

#312404 Authorize.net Aim And Sim

Posted by plh212 on 16 February 2019 - 08:32 PM in General Questions

Hello,

When setting a payment method by CC the only available option for Authorize.net is AuthorizeNet.Aim. Using this setup let your customers enter their CC information on YOUR server... and will need to add numerous security options to get this going.

I am currently using AuthorizeNet.Sim on our X-Cart cart and this redirects the customer to the Authorize.Net site which keeps all the CC information from customer... this way you can sleep at night without worrying about CC thefts info from your site.

How can we get the Sim option for Authorize.Net?

Best

Philipp

#299982 Notifications Window Pop-Up

Posted by plh212 on 10 April 2018 - 03:15 PM in Look and feel

Hello,

I am moving my sites from X-Cart (started with them in 2004) to CS-Cart (did not like the version 2 yrs ago with no variations). Love the newest version with the variations! Really smart, intuitive, really well thought out! Took me a while to transfer (using mostly .cvs and a lot of tweaking for all the variations) the db from XC to CS... but it's done.

I am up to the latest version (4.7.3) and I cannot believe the developers did not address the "Notification pop-up" window and came up with a smarter and more elegant idea than this &*%$#)*& window in the upper corner anyone can easily miss!! This is a complete disaster. Had the same issue with X-Cart and requested a modification to get a pop-up in the middle of the screen (photo attached).

And in all the hundred of add-ons created no one has come up with one to fix this problem! Totally unbelievable and mind boggling.

Who is with me to request a revision of this nightmare?

Phil

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.06.00 AM.png

#299796 Can't Import Products With Variations

Posted by plh212 on 06 April 2018 - 10:42 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Oh my!

Thank you... got to "TRIM" these fields.

#299784 Can't Import Products With Variations

Posted by plh212 on 06 April 2018 - 07:56 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

CS-Cart v. 4.7.3

While importing got the following errors:

ErrorCouldn't import product 100260: configurable product can't have variation options.

ErrorCouldn't import product 100261: option "Size" doesn't have variant "PET Bottle 115 ml / 3.89 oz.".

ErrorCouldn't import product 100262: option "Size" doesn't have variant "PET Bottle 500 ml / 16.9 oz.".

Product code 100260 is the main product 100261 and 100262 are variations.

In order to correctly import these products I manually created 5 products, two with no variations, three with different variations. I then exported them and opened up the .csv file to reproduce exactly the needed columns for all of my other products. The new .csv file has the same number of columns as the exported one has. 

I tried re-imported the .csv file created when exported the manually created products. It works flawlessly. I then added the three lines of a new products with two variations and got the errors above. The first three products imported with no problem.

What am I missing?

File (Import Try.txt) Attached File  Import Try.txt   4.81KB   46 downloadsis attached.
Note: Last product in the file, Bergamot #100260 and its variations 100261 and 100262 will not import and return the errors noted above.

Phil