ymul's Content

There have been 38 items by ymul (Search limited from 09-May 20)

Sort by                Order  

#189888 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 18 August 2014 - 07:59 PM in Installation & Upgrade

what is the size of this table cscart_product_features_values ? i've had a similar problem. the reason was in multiple time doubled products features. so when any filter was applied it walked through all these features.

@Alecomp : maybe you're righut :
Table cscart_product_features_values contains 1216 rows. We are using about 40 features, in 3 languages -> should we find about 120 rows in the table ? 1140 rows have an empty "Value" column.
Any idea to test and/or make corrections in that table ? Thanks a lot !

#189886 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 18 August 2014 - 07:51 PM in Installation & Upgrade

what is the size of this table cscart_product_features_values ? i've had a similar problem. the reason was in multiple time doubled products features. so when any filter was applied it walked through all these features.

@Alecomp, maybe you're right :
Table cscart_product_features_values contains 1216 rows.
We are using less than 40 features, in 3 languages. Should we have about 120 rows in that table ?
We had a lot of problems with the features in an earlier version...maybe there is still a problem in that table. A lot of rows have nothing in "Value" column. Any idea to test and make correction in that table ?
Thanks !

#189881 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 18 August 2014 - 07:42 PM in Installation & Upgrade

Product Filters = Database Engine.
Older versions of mySQL didn't support speed improvements made by later releases.
You are correct, product filters - but also look at your database/php version on your new host.

Mysql version on new host is 5.5.27

#189803 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 18 August 2014 - 07:48 AM in Installation & Upgrade

Have you tried another hosting?

I've changed to a VPS server. Global performances are now better.
But in my sense it has nothing to do with the host. These queries are on > 1'000'000 rows and returning 3 rows. This should not be normal on such a simple configuration. I'm almost sure that it has something to do with the product filters.

#189799 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 18 August 2014 - 06:48 AM in Installation & Upgrade

After more complains from my provider, I had to choose between installing another solution for my shop (!) or move to a VPS. My site is now on a VPS and the cas is now closed for my provider. But the problem is not resolved...

As suggested above, I opened a ticket, here is the conclusion of it :

Thank you for your message. I am afraid that we can not attempt to optimize these queries within our technical support service, so we can offer you the customization services of our affiliate company Simtech Development Ltd (it is our ex-Custom Development department now acting as a separate legal entity). Their website is www.simtechdev.com. For your convenience we can forward your request to Simtech Development Ltd for estimation, please let me know if you are interested in it.Thank you.

I'm suprised that nobody at CSC can find out where these queries are coming from... I'm also suprised to see that a helpdesk ticket is not the way to obtain a real technical support (what's the use of my support credits ?) and that I have to use the service of an affiliate company.

I'll will now do the upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.2.1, maybe it will help. But if I encounter as many problems as with previous upgrades, I'll really think about alternatives...

#185964 "in Stock" / "out Of Stock" And "available Since"

Posted by ymul on 18 June 2014 - 04:51 AM in Configuration

Check out:
http://kb.cs-cart.com/buy-in-advance

If you allow negative amounts in the inventory then Pre-Orders, or as CS-Cart calls them "Buy in Advance" is moot. The customer can buy out of stock items anytime, even before they are invented and received.
If I may ask, Why do you want to sell out of stock items?
If you only want to sell Pre-Orders (which are not in stock yet), also make sure that your "Available since" date is in the future. (and you do not allow negative amounts in inventory, so the out of stock status will show up. Actually I don't know if that's true. I've never allowed negative amounts in the inventory - which seems to keep the customer happy.)

You can see my setup in the first post above.

I want to display "Out of stock items" with the "Available since..." date and the "Add to cart button". Because it's true. These articles are currently not in stock but they can be preordered and will be available on displayed date.

Now "In stock" is displayed with the "Available since..." date and the "Add to cart" button. That's not true, articles are not in stock. The "Available since..." date is displayed but clients are focused on the "In stock" displayed in fat green and not "Available since..." date. It works but I think that it's not true because articles are not in stock, it's confusing and source of conflict in case of a longer delivery time.

#185863 "in Stock" / "out Of Stock" And "available Since"

Posted by ymul on 16 June 2014 - 07:10 PM in Configuration

Change "Allow negative amount in inventory" = No
Then you can take preorders.

If I change "Allow negative amount in inventory" to "No", the "Add to cart" is not displayed...

#183860 "in Stock" / "out Of Stock" And "available Since"

Posted by ymul on 20 May 2014 - 09:14 AM in Configuration

I have searched and tried a lot of combinaison, but can't find how to make it work as I want... Maybe somebody can help me ?

What I would like :
-> "In stock" if product qty > 0 (and "Add to cart" displayed)
-> "Out of stock" if qty =< 0 (and "Add to cart" displayed)
-> "Out of stock" and "Available since xx/xx/xxx" if date that date exists (and "Add to cart" displayed)

Actual general setup :
Enable inventory tracking = yes
Allow negative amount in inventory = yes
Low stock notification threshold = 0
Show out of stock products = yes

Actual product setup :
In stock = 0
Inventory = Track without options
Avail since = 31/05/2014
Out of stock actions = buy in advance

Actual result :
Product is "In stock" + "Available since 21/05/214" + "Add to cart" displayed

Result expected :
Product is "Out of stock" + "Available since 21/05/214" + "Add to cart" displayed

Thanks !

#182238 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 24 April 2014 - 04:47 AM in Installation & Upgrade

More fuel = bigger engine.

You are trying to run jet engine in a lawnmower.

Lastest Sql engine is 5.5

Now Distrib 5.5.35, no amelioration. Not sure my site/provider is a lawnmower...

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture d’écran 2014-04-24 à 06.43.13.png

#182236 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 24 April 2014 - 04:27 AM in Installation & Upgrade

"octets" with 8's and 9's in them? An octet is a base-8 number and hence can only contain digits from 0-7.

Attached is Print Screen of CSC Database Page...

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture d’écran 2014-04-24 à 06.21.30.png

#182235 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 24 April 2014 - 04:22 AM in Installation & Upgrade

"octets" with 8's and 9's in them? An octet is a base-8 number and hence can only contain digits from 0-7.

#182182 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 23 April 2014 - 12:07 PM in Installation & Upgrade

Upgrade MySQL...

I think my provider will not do that upgrade just for me... And I don't understand how this should help to reduce the size of that enormous queries.

MySQL Version : 5.0
DB size : 11,818,692 octets

Well, I don't know where you'd get "rows examined: 1999152" for that kind of configuration.

I would suggest you spend the $7 for the support credits and get cs-cart to look at it for you. And if it turns out it's a bug, then it will be free and others will benefit from the change in a future release.

I'll follow your suggestion and ask for support from CSC. Thanks.

#181988 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 21 April 2014 - 06:24 AM in Installation & Upgrade

It could be a query for filtering products. But my site contains only 40 products, with 38 features, in 3 languages. I think that is not a huge amount of information.

The same site and amount of information was running since more than 5 years (under Magento, Prestashop, Virtuemart and finally CSC since 2 years) without any complain.

I'm running a shared hosting plan. I think I will move to a VPS.

Thank you for your answers.

#181921 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 18 April 2014 - 07:31 AM in Installation & Upgrade

Hello. Only one : Wg Ship2Pay (Shows payment methods depending on the chosen shipping method)

#181917 Sql Optimisation

Posted by ymul on 18 April 2014 - 07:14 AM in Installation & Upgrade

My provider told me that some SQL queries where too long/slow and are consuming too much ressources on the MySQL server.

I found the queries in the logs. here is one line but the logs contains hundreds of similar lines...

Can somebody tell me where they are coming from and what I could do ?

# Query_time: 12  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 3  Rows_examined: 1999152
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS products.*, descr1.product as product, MIN(IF(prices.percentage_discount = 0, prices.price, prices.price - (prices.price * prices.percentage_discount)/100)) as price, descr1.short_description, IF(descr1.short_description = '', descr1.full_description, '') as full_description, GROUP_CONCAT(IF(products_categories.link_type = 'M', CONCAT(products_categories.category_id, 'M'), products_categories.category_id)) as category_ids, products_categories.position, IF(shared_descr.product_id IS NOT NULL, shared_descr.product, descr1.product) as product, IF(shared_descr.product_id IS NOT NULL, shared_descr.short_description, descr1.short_description) as short_description, IF(shared_descr.product_id IS NOT NULL, IF(shared_descr.short_description = '', shared_descr.full_description, ''), IF(descr1.short_description = '', descr1.full_description, '')) as full_description, IF(shared_descr.product_id IS NOT NULL, shared_descr.meta_keywords, descr1.meta_keywords) as meta_keywords, IF(shared_descr.product_id IS NOT NULL, shared_descr.meta_description, descr1.meta_description) as meta_description, IF(shared_descr.product_id IS NOT NULL, shared_descr.search_words, descr1.search_words) as search_words, IF(shared_descr.product_id IS NOT NULL, shared_descr.promo_text, descr1.promo_text) as promo_text, IF(shared_prices.product_id IS NOT NULL,MIN(IF(shared_prices.percentage_discount = 0, shared_prices.price, shared_prices.price - (shared_prices.price * shared_prices.percentage_discount)/100)),MIN(IF(prices.percentage_discount = 0, prices.price, prices.price - (prices.price * prices.percentage_discount)/100))) as price, cscart_seo_names.name as seo_name FROM cscart_products as products  LEFT JOIN cscart_product_features_values ON cscart_product_features_values.product_id = products.product_id AND cscart_product_features_values.lang_code = 'fr' LEFT JOIN (SELECT product_id, GROUP_CONCAT(cscart_product_features_values.variant_id) AS advanced_variants FROM cscart_product_features_values WHERE lang_code = 'fr' GROUP BY product_id) AS pfv_advanced ON pfv_advanced.product_id = products.product_id LEFT JOIN cscart_product_features_values as var_val_11_9 ON var_val_11_9.product_id = products.product_id AND var_val_11_9.lang_code = 'fr' LEFT JOIN cscart_product_features_values as var_val_11_10 ON var_val_11_10.product_id = products.product_id AND var_val_11_10.lang_code = 'fr' LEFT JOIN cscart_product_features_values as var_val_9_7 ON var_val_9_7.product_id = products.product_id AND var_val_9_7.lang_code = 'fr' LEFT JOIN cscart_product_features_values as var_val_9_8 ON var_val_9_8.product_id = products.product_id AND var_val_9_8.lang_code = 'fr' LEFT JOIN cscart_product_descriptions as descr1 ON descr1.product_id = products.product_id AND descr1.lang_code = 'fr'  LEFT JOIN cscart_product_prices as prices ON prices.product_id = products.product_id AND prices.lower_limit = 1 INNER JOIN cscart_products_categories as products_categories ON products_categories.product_id = products.product_id INNER JOIN cscart_categories ON cscart_categories.category_id = products_categories.category_id  AND (cscart_categories.usergroup_ids = '' OR FIND_IN_SET(0, cscart_categories.usergroup_ids) OR FIND_IN_SET(1, cscart_categories.usergroup_ids)) AND cscart_categories.status IN ('A', 'H')   LEFT JOIN cscart_ult_product_descriptions shared_descr ON shared_descr.product_id = products.product_id AND shared_descr.company_id = 1 AND shared_descr.lang_code = 'fr' LEFT JOIN cscart_ult_product_prices as shared_prices ON shared_prices.product_id = products.product_id AND shared_prices.lower_limit = 1  AND shared_prices.usergroup_id IN (0, 0, 1) AND shared_prices.company_id = 1 LEFT JOIN cscart_seo_names ON cscart_seo_names.object_id = products.product_id AND cscart_seo_names.type = 'p' AND cscart_seo_names.dispatch = ''  AND cscart_seo_names.lang_code = 'fr' AND ( cscart_seo_names.company_id = 1 OR cscart_seo_names.company_id = 0) WHERE 1  AND ( FIND_IN_SET('8', advanced_variants)) AND ( FIND_IN_SET('35', advanced_variants)) AND ((var_val_11_9.value_int >= 1 AND var_val_11_9.value_int <= 1 AND var_val_11_9.value = '' AND var_val_11_9.feature_id = 35) OR (var_val_11_10.value_int >= 2 AND var_val_11_10.value_int <= 2 AND var_val_11_10.value = '' AND var_val_11_10.feature_id = 35)) AND ((var_val_9_7.value_int >= 6 AND var_val_9_7.value_int <= 10 AND var_val_9_7.value = '' AND var_val_9_7.feature_id = 36) OR (var_val_9_8.value_int >= 10 AND var_val_9_8.value_int <= 999 AND var_val_9_8.value = '' AND var_val_9_8.feature_id = 36)) AND cscart_categories.category_id IN (1) AND cscart_categories.company_id = 1 AND (products.usergroup_ids = '' OR FIND_IN_SET(0, products.usergroup_ids) OR FIND_IN_SET(1, products.usergroup_ids)) AND products.status IN ('A') AND prices.usergroup_id IN (0, 0, 1) GROUP BY products.product_id   ORDER BY price desc  LIMIT 0, 12;

#181914 Where Is The Option "detailed Product Image Width" In Cs4?

Posted by ymul on 18 April 2014 - 06:50 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

No answer... :confused:

After seraching a lot, found out that the HiDPI module was the problem. Disabled and now it's working fine.

#178699 Where Is The Option "detailed Product Image Width" In Cs4?

Posted by ymul on 04 March 2014 - 11:28 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Can someone tell me how to set the image size of product images ?

Thank you in advance

#178341 Shipment notification html

Posted by ymul on 26 February 2014 - 04:58 PM in Hints & Modifications

Same behavior with v4.1.2.
Actual formating is not userfriendly. Can anybody help me ?

#178113 Where Is The Option "detailed Product Image Width" In Cs4?

Posted by ymul on 24 February 2014 - 03:56 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I'm trying to find out since one hour why my new images are smaller as before last upgrade !
I now understood that the option "Detailed product image width" has been removed...

But how can I change the size of my images displayed in Lightbox ? My 400x400px images are now smaller after importing them on server ! I'm missing something ?

#172892 Shipment notification html

Posted by ymul on 04 December 2013 - 01:09 PM in Hints & Modifications

I would like to keep the format in the comments which are sent to the customers when sending shipment notification. Html tags I tryed to add in {$shipment.comments} are filtered and not displayed.

I'm trying without success to find out how to modifiy {$shipment.comments} in shipment_products.tpl to keep formating of the text (line feed, paragraph).

#172234 Troubles moving v4 to another direcory

Posted by ymul on 24 November 2013 - 08:51 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

After changing the directory, I've spent a lot of time to find out that you have to make changes in .htaccess, config.local.php AND to change the Storefront URL in Administration/Store/Your store/PathName.

PS : Had to change it directly in the DB, because I could not acces Admin any more... (Ooops error message ). After that it worked !

#169699 Hidden languages

Posted by ymul on 14 October 2013 - 02:35 PM in Installation & Upgrade

I've just updated to 4.0.2. Hidden languages are invisible in storefront but visible in Admin. Resolved.

#169698 No shipment notification sent

Posted by ymul on 14 October 2013 - 02:32 PM in Installation & Upgrade

I've just updated to 4.0.2 and can confirm that the issue is fixed. Shipment notifcation are now sent to customer.

#169356 CS-Cart 4.0.2 Released: Store Import, CDN Support, Widget Mode, More

Posted by ymul on 08 October 2013 - 10:33 AM in News and Announcements

Biggest problem i have is i cant import images. i made a post in the bug report site.

http://forum.cs-cart...images-via-csv/

pleas fix this asap what good is a site with no images? i cant manualy update 1000 items with images

Had same problem in 4.0.1, for me the solution was here, maybe it will work for you :

Translate from http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__164777

Problems downloading files and decided it would be included in the next release.
In order to apply it manually now need to open the file js/lib/elfinder/js/elfinder.min.js,
to find in it a piece of code

if(!$(':file[value]',f).length)
and replace it
var is_empty=true;$('input:file',f).each(function(){if($(this).val()){is_empty=false;return false};});if(is_empty)

The file is compressed, but I hope you will understand and be able to make the change.

After this you need to clear site cache and also browser cache.

On my side it works,

---
Valentin
part of hungryweb.net

#169041 No shipment notification sent

Posted by ymul on 02 October 2013 - 11:11 AM in Installation & Upgrade

The issue seems to be fixed in 4.0.2, thanks @aromazona

Thank you for the report.We have fixed this issue. The fix is already included in CS-Cart 4.0.2 version.In order to resolve this issue for 4.0.1 please contact our technical support team. They will provide you with the instructions or apply the changes on your server.Thank you.