donaldson's Content

There have been 9 items by donaldson (Search limited from 13-Dec 18)

Sort by                Order  

#177325 Html In Cs-Cart Imports-Exports

Posted by donaldson on 12 February 2014 - 08:53 PM in General Questions

I am having a similar issue - when I export my entire product database for editing, the html code is not exported in the Short Description or Long Description.

#175671 Checkout starting with STEP two (2)

Posted by donaldson on 21 January 2014 - 05:09 PM in Hints & Modifications

I just tried this on version 3.0.6 PROFESSIONAL (upgraded from version 1.x) and it works great. Just need to follow the instructions exactly.

#168836 Why can't I post a new topic or reply to a post in 'Troubleshooting...

Posted by donaldson on 27 September 2013 - 01:16 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

thank you

#168768 Product Filters Grayed Out, Not Selectable - Version 3

Posted by donaldson on 26 September 2013 - 02:34 PM in General Questions

We have been trying to determine why products filtres are grayed out and unselectable on our site.

We have a large site with 6000+ products, 700 + features and lots of filters. For example, our 'length' feature for boxes has 83 variations alone.

We have a Cardboard Box Category on our web site. There 90+ products, and each product has it's length, width, height as a feature and filter.

www.bascousa.com/shipping-and-packaging/boxes-and-cartons/corrugated-mailing-boxes/

The very first box on the page is 3 x 3 x 2.

When you look the source code for the 'height' filter check box, some are have a class element class="filter-item have a html link built in:

<a href="/shipping-and-packaging/boxes-and-cartons/corrugated-mailing-boxes/?items_per_page=96&amp;subcats=Y&amp;features_hash=V6304" rel="nofollow" class="filter-item cm-ajax cm-ajax-full-render" rev="product_filters_*,products_search_*,category_products_*,product_features_*,breadcrumbs_*,currencies_*,languages_*">27 1/2 inches&nbsp;<span class="details">&nbsp;(2)</span></a>

But others have a class tag that says the element is disabled. The filter variant '3', for example:

<a rel="nofollow"[b] class="filter-item disabled" [/b]rev="product_filters_*,products_search_*,category_products_*,product_features_*,breadcrumbs_*,currencies_*,languages_*">3 inches&nbsp;</a>

Why are some filters just disabled?

I have increased the elements per page to 5000.
I have changed this line in the config.php file to eveything from 1 to 5000:

define('PRODUCT_FEATURE_VARIANTS_THRESHOLD', 1)

I have used the Clear Cache features countless times.

But regardless of what I do, it fails to bring in every filter for that category, as well as others.

It there another variable to change that will allow us to use these?

It -item disabled
filter-item disabled

#167445 Why can't I post a new topic or reply to a post in 'Troubleshooting...

Posted by donaldson on 27 August 2013 - 09:04 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

The title says it all...Why can't I post a new topic or reply to a post in 'Troubleshooting'?

Thanks,

Dan

#161967 Force Shipping by Category or Product

Posted by donaldson on 17 May 2013 - 03:26 PM in General Questions

I agree. One product in the cart with a shipping restriction, restricts the whole order.
If I sell a hazardous item, then all other items in the order are going to be included in that shipment.

I would pay for this addon.

#161441 How to stop the out of stock mail?

Posted by donaldson on 07 May 2013 - 03:20 PM in General Questions

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread..but If you have different SKUs for each product variation (added as a option'), this will not work.

For Example:

Product / SKU

Blue box = BX1234B
Red box = BX1234R
Green box = BX1234G

You have to enable 'track inventory with options' in order to allow individual SKUs for each product variation - which is business critical for us.

Is there a way in the source code to comment out the 'low stock notification' email script? Maybe we can add this under 'Order Statuses'? Or perhaps make a new item - 'Track With Options, Unlimited Stock'?

Thanks,
Dan

#161094 Unable to 'Act on Behalf Of'

Posted by donaldson on 01 May 2013 - 03:59 PM in Configuration

We are using CS Cart Pro 3.06 - a fresh install on a new testing server.

We have disabled Suhosin and we still cannot 'Act On Behalf Of' any customer. The login profile defaults back to the Admin account we are logging in with.

Tested on:

Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m
IE 9.0.8112
Firefox 20.0.1
Safari 5.1.7

'Act on Behalf Of' works on our current site, which is running CS-CART version 1.3.5-SP4 (yes, it's very out of date)

Any other ideas on this? Our CS Team frequently places orders for customers...

#161059 Cloning Page / Block Layout is Not Cloned

Posted by donaldson on 30 April 2013 - 07:48 PM in General Questions

Good afternoon all,

We are on version 3.06 professional.

We have 2 basic page layouts: A 'default' page with a left rail, and a secondary page with no rail. I am trying to create a new page with the secondary layout (no rails)

Under Website Content, I select a page that has the layout I want (no rails), and click 'Clone Page'.

The new page is generated, but it replaces uses the 'default' layout with the left rail.

How can I create or clone a page with a different block layout?

Thanks in advance,

Dan