profs77's Content

There have been 21 items by profs77 (Search limited from 29-Feb 20)

Sort by                Order  

#166572 Sqlite cache file size vs. server response time

Posted by profs77 on 09 August 2013 - 04:22 PM in Web Hosting

The number of directories or files in a single directory is important. Thats why the images are stored in different folders 1, 2, 3, 4, etc with a maximum of 1000 or whatever you set it to. With so many files/folders in one directory the index becomes very large.

#161174 Trying to wrap my head around how CS-Cart calculates shipping costs

Posted by profs77 on 02 May 2013 - 07:36 PM in General Questions

Edit any product. Then click on the shipping properties tab (I don't think the tab shows if you are trying to add a new product, you have to first add it). Add dimensions to this box like 9, 6, 12. Minimum items in the box should almost always be 0. And maximum I put was 5. If someone adds 6 items to the cart, it would put 5 in one box and 1 in another. Shipping would get charged as two packages.

If someone orders two items each with a minimum of 0 items per box and 5 items for the max, it would get shipped in two separate packages, which is stupid. I'm trying to modify the relevant code. The relevant function is fn_get_products_packages in /core/fn.cart.php . Insurance, COD, I'm not sure about. Sounds like the code has to be modified for this to work out.

#160526 Using the Built in Lightbox for other Stuff

Posted by profs77 on 23 April 2013 - 05:50 PM in Hints & Modifications

Hi guys, you know that lightbox thing that is used on product photos. For example when you click on a product photo on a product page a popup comes up made from javascript (not an actual pop-up window). I want to use that lightbox feature on some other image links not just on the product photos, but I'm unable to make it work. What attribute to I have to add to the image or anchor link to make it popup as a lightbox popup?

#158768 /var/cache/templates/css ?

Posted by profs77 on 26 March 2013 - 09:56 PM in Configuration

I tried to use this configuration method to see if the css would turn out better, and I had a bad experience with it as well, you're better off just minifying and compressing the stuff manually.

#158764 /var/cache/templates/css ?

Posted by profs77 on 26 March 2013 - 08:43 PM in Configuration

In your cs cart root directory look for the following code in config.local.php :

// Tweaks
/*
$config['tweaks'] = array (
'js_compression' => false, // enables compession to reduce size of javascript files
'check_templates' => true, // disables templates checking to improve template engine speed
'inline_compilation' => true, // compiles nested templates in one file
'anti_csrf' => false, // protect forms from CSRF attacks
'disable_block_cache' => false, // used to disable block cache
'join_css' => false, // is used to unite css files into one file
'allow_php_in_templates' => false, // Allow to use {php} tags in templates
'disable_localizations' => true, // Disable Localizations functionality
'disable_google_base' => true, //Disable obsolete google base functionality
);

If join_css is true, then your css files are probably minified and compressed into a that /var/cache/templates/css folder.

#156690 Add Product to Cart that doesn't Exist?

Posted by profs77 on 01 March 2013 - 12:58 AM in Hints & Modifications

I am working on that code that would add it on the fly as a hidden product, that should be a working method for sure. The reason why I am doing this is because our search engine within the site is connecting to a broker platform feed. Imagine like an ebay. We don't want the products added in with our normal inventory and mixed up with the rest. If someone searches for a product on our search, and the broker platform has it, they can make the purchase and we can make the deal like the middleman.

#156536 Add Product to Cart that doesn't Exist?

Posted by profs77 on 27 February 2013 - 08:28 PM in Hints & Modifications

I tried doing a test by adding something like this to the beginning of fn_add_product_to_cart function in /core/fn.cart.php , it didn't work.

$cart['products']['777777777777']['amount'] = 1;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['product_options'] = array();
$cart['products']['777777777777']['price'] = 777;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['stored_price'] = "N";
$cart['products']['777777777777']['extra']['product_options'] = array();
$cart['products']['777777777777']['extra']['unlimited_download'] = "N";
$cart['products']['777777777777']['extra']['return_period'] = 1;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['stored_discount'] = "N";
$cart['products']['777777777777']['company_id'] = 0;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['return_period'] = 1;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['amount_total'] = 1;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['options_type'] = "P";
$cart['products']['777777777777']['exceptions_type'] = "F";
$cart['products']['777777777777']['modifiers_price'] = 0;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['is_edp'] = "N";
$cart['products']['777777777777']['edp_shipping'] = "N";
$cart['products']['777777777777']['base_price'] = 777;
$cart['products']['777777777777']['display_price'] = 777;

#156528 Exclude certain items from certain shipping methods?

Posted by profs77 on 27 February 2013 - 05:50 PM in Hints & Modifications

I'm not sure about this one, I would try experimenting with different shipping properties when you edit an individual product. Otherwise maybe try changing the weight limits, etc on an individual shipping method.

#156527 Add Product to Cart that doesn't Exist?

Posted by profs77 on 27 February 2013 - 05:38 PM in Hints & Modifications

Yea I might not have phrased it properly in the first sentence but the rest explains what I'm trying to do. I would like to bypass stucturing the database to contain the product, because I do not want to create new products in the store, I want to leave those alone. I just want to be able to add products to the cart that do not exist in my store. There must be a way to add stuff to the cookie or something.

#156476 Add Product to Cart that doesn't Exist?

Posted by profs77 on 27 February 2013 - 01:37 AM in Hints & Modifications

Hey guys, how can I add a product to the cart that doesn't exist in the product inventory. I am getting product data from a broker platform, adding my percentage margin to the price and displaying it on the website search results. However if I want it so that someone can add the product to the cart, how can this be done? I searched fn.cart.php for the add to cart function and it expects a product_id throughout the function. However the products don't exist in the cart.

#154764 Block Fedex Ground in Canada

Posted by profs77 on 08 February 2013 - 10:49 PM in Configuration

I found out our Fedex account number was attached to the part of the API where it asks who will pay the duties, even though it was set to recipient. I fixed that portion. All is good now.

#154051 Block Fedex Ground in Canada

Posted by profs77 on 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM in Configuration

Hello, we are getting charged too much for brokerage fees whenever shipping to Canada. How can we block FedEx Ground from showing on the list when Canada is selected? FedEx Ground is setup as a realtime shipping calculation, not a Manual (by defined location). So I'm not able to figure it out. If it requires some changes in coding, can someone tell me, I can modify the code.

#151996 Smarty Cache Registry folder too big

Posted by profs77 on 01 January 2013 - 12:03 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Hey guys, how do we make this caching more efficient. Bluehost said they were going to shutdown my account because I had stored too many files on the account, it was highlighted over 600,000 files. Then I cleared the cache and manually deleted all the files in /var/cache/registry The table size alone was like 11mb which is rediculous. There are way too many folders in that one directory. Also appending &cc to the end of the url only seams to clear the templates and not the registry folder.

#151995 Analytics Track e-commerce not working in 3.04

Posted by profs77 on 31 December 2012 - 11:53 PM in Configuration

I would just paste in the analytics code directly into the template. Use smarty tags {literal}{/literal} to avoid smarty errors in javascript code that has curly braces.

#146464 Shipping Rates for Shipping to Home Vs Shipping to Business

Posted by profs77 on 05 October 2012 - 06:58 PM in Configuration

Interesting, thanks for the response. I guess UPS is preferred then. Especially considering the fedex viral video:

#146451 Shipping Rates for Shipping to Home Vs Shipping to Business

Posted by profs77 on 05 October 2012 - 05:31 PM in Configuration

How can I do live calculation shipping for UPS and FedEx where the person in the checkout has to select if they are shipping to a home, or shipping to a business. The rates are different, they're cheaper for shipping to business, how can I incorporate this into the shipping calculation in the shopping cart?

#146134 USPS label printing

Posted by profs77 on 02 October 2012 - 12:20 AM in General Questions

FYI Shipping kits doesn't seem to be compatible with V3 as of yet. Although it hasn't been tested.

#146133 Shipping address the same as billing checked?

Posted by profs77 on 02 October 2012 - 12:07 AM in General Questions

Try this method for V3. It might not be the best, but cs cart didn't think it fully through I guess.
  • Make a backup then edit the file /core/fn.users.php
  • <CTRL>+<F> for "function fn_compare_shipping_billing"
  • Go to the line where it says "if (empty($profile_fields[$from_section]) || empty($profile_fields[$to_section])) {"
  • Then make that return true; instead of return false;
  • Upload, clear cache using ?cc method, clear cookies, etc. Then test.

#145838 Changing Registration Fields Order

Posted by profs77 on 26 September 2012 - 11:59 PM in Configuration

In the admin panel, go to Design > Design Mode. Enable design mode. View Storefront in Design Mode. Then go to that particular page. Mouse over those icons until a green square hovers over the area where those fields are. You will have to figure out which template and edit the template code to move the fields in the place where you want them. If you don't know about coding, I probably wouldn't mess with it.

#145835 How to Remove/Change/edit Header and Footer of Checkout Pages v3

Posted by profs77 on 26 September 2012 - 11:50 PM in Configuration

It seems in Cs Cart v3, the header and footer remains the same from page to page. I wanted a custom header and footer. I prefer the header so that their is no navigation menu, and header to be smaller. There seems to be no way to disable it from the admin panel. If you go to Design > Blocks then click "checkout", it might say something like:

"This container is NOT used. Top container from the default location will be used instead. Set this location as default to use this container as top for all locations."

When you're on the checkout page, check the URL parameter to see which location_id belongs to the checkout. It might say something like selected_location=9, in my case my location_id is 9.

You must have a database administration tool like phpMyAdmin. You should have your database backed up incase something goes wrong. In phpMyAdmin go to cscart_bm_containers table. Look for the containers you wish to get rid of based on your location_id. I got rid of my TOP container and BOTTOM container.

Next if you wish to create your own header/footer for the checkout. Go to Design > Blocks in the admin panel. Click on checkout. Add a new block or two for the header, and a new block or two for the footer. You can put them in their own seperate containers if you wish.

#145833 One-Page Checkout with Cart Content

Posted by profs77 on 26 September 2012 - 11:30 PM in General Questions

Hi,

I too have been using CS Cart for a while. It looks like CS Cart 3 is a bit different, I'm starting to climb that learning curve though.

For "Sign up for our newsletters!" check on the list of fields under billing. Enable/disable as needed.

/admin.php?dispatch=profile_fields.manage (Replace /admin.php with your custom admin php file name.)

If you don't find it there. Search for that phrase in languages and change as needed if that helps.
/admin.php?dispatch=languages.manage

If thats not helpful, find it in the templates. Go into design mode: /admin.php?dispatch=site_layout.design_mode refresh the page, find out what template its in and edit it. If you can't edit it there, go to Design > Template Editor.

All of the things you want to edit for the checkout, you will have to go to Design > Blocks /admin.php?dispatch=block_manager.manage Click on "Checkout" and edit the blocks in there. Move things up and down as needed. You might need to edit css to float things around. I suggest getting the web developer toolbar for firefox.