b4rney's Content

There have been 6 items by b4rney (Search limited from 17-Nov 18)

Sort by                Order  

#135443 Here's a list of all hooks in 2.0.12

Posted by b4rney on 26 April 2012 - 08:54 AM in Developers' Corner

There is a new 'hooks base' search tool:
https://www.cs-cart.com/api

:grin:

#133605 CS-Cart 3 RC Released

Posted by b4rney on 22 March 2012 - 11:30 AM in News and Announcements

There are two new fields in the cscart_product_filters table in rc4, display and display_count.

You need to add these fields for it to work.
display, char(1),not null, default 'Y'
display_count, smallint(5),not null, default 10

It is not a good idea to try to restore databases between different release candidates as there will almost definitely be changes that might break your website.

Hope this helps,
Barney

#133057 eWAY currencies?

Posted by b4rney on 13 March 2012 - 04:25 PM in General Questions

OK. Looks like the eway payment is always in the base currency and no currency data is sent with the payment.

I guess I will have to change the payment script in order to take payment in another currency.

#133034 eWAY currencies?

Posted by b4rney on 13 March 2012 - 11:53 AM in General Questions

I am testing payment using the eway xml payment script but I am confused about the customer selected currency.

I have looked at the script being sent to eway and I can't find any reference to a currency. If a customer has elected to pay in EUR then they need to be billed the exact amount of their cart in euros. The same should be true of USD, GBP etc.

What currency is the customer billed in?

Any advice appreciated.
Barney

#133030 Addon breaks captcha

Posted by b4rney on 13 March 2012 - 10:22 AM in General Questions

Answering my own question!

I had a blank line at the beginning of my func.php before the php tag. That caused all the problems listed above.

Hope this helps someone.
Barney

#132985 Addon breaks captcha

Posted by b4rney on 12 March 2012 - 10:03 AM in General Questions

This is my first post so apologies if this is a known problem.

I am trying to write a code hook addon. Not a design hook but an addon that hooks into the finish_payment hook in fn.cart.php. I need to trigger a function to write to the database once the payment has completed.

The problem is ... as soon as I install the addon the application breaks.

These are the symptoms:
  • The captcha disappears on every page it is used and cannot even be viewed using the captcha img url.
  • The checkout process breaks due to a Oops (parsererror) message when clicking 'continue' (even for logged in users)
  • Ajax functions are slow or faulty
These problems remain until the addon is disabled or uninstalled. I have installed both cs-cart 2.2.4 trial and 3.0.1rc3 and it happens in both. Also tested under windows with wamp and on a debian server. Same result.

I have created an addon.xml, func.php and init.php in my addon folder. The addon successfully adds a table to the database.

I have rewritten and renamed the addon several times and removed the database additions and created an empty function in func.php in order to test the most simple function ... but the problem remains.

I don't have mod_security installed.

In short I can't get function hooks to work at all no matter how simple they are.

Can anyone help?
Barney