Maky's Content

There have been 37 items by Maky (Search limited from 18-Nov 18)

Sort by                Order  

#165349 Css in V4

Posted by Maky on 15 July 2013 - 10:41 AM in Store Design & Templates

!important tag works fine for links(same color for all) but not for body (12px). I try not to change scheme.less at all, so far i can do changes through styles and base.css accept the body font. Thanks

I did raise a bug report during the beta stage that 13px fonts couldn't be selected and they did mark it as being added to the release version but it's still not there and the bug report seems to have been deleted.

You could try using the !important tag to override the other styles.

#165345 Css in V4

Posted by Maky on 15 July 2013 - 09:21 AM in Store Design & Templates

Thanks for answer. Since cs 2.x i was changing design through .css so i could design site to my needs and font 13px is no good (as far as i know 12px is standard and font looks much better on site). If there is no way how to change basic body font to 12px i will have to change it in css to 12px everywhere where is set to 13px as a standard which gives me more lines in css. :(

Why don't you want to change it in the theme designer? That's what it's there for.

There are a whole series of styles that pickup that font size so it's not as easy as changing the body as the later styles override it.

If you use the CSS inspector (firebug etc) in your browser you'll see which styles are affected.

#165342 Css in V4

Posted by Maky on 15 July 2013 - 08:09 AM in Store Design & Templates

Hi guys

How can i change body font to 12px without changing it in admin backend in themes? I tryied change font size in scheme.less, i added body { font-size:12px} into styless.css but no change (rebuild chache is on).

#165022 CS-Cart 4 Final Released

Posted by Maky on 08 July 2013 - 04:33 PM in News and Announcements

Hi. Are you on localhost? WAMPSERVER? If so, then you have to turn on php extension php_curl. Click on wampserver icon, go to PHP - PHP extensions - php_currl has to be clicked on.

Sorry. Answer goes to shoppingmantra:

Tried to install 4.0.1 but got the error on second step.
Checking requirements

× Server configuration does not meet the requirements

Fail MySQL support

Your server does not support MySQL

--------------------------------------
My server supports MySQL but still got the error

#164877 Changing temlates V 4

Posted by Maky on 05 July 2013 - 05:43 AM in General Questions

Problem solved. I had to chose template in admin (acme corp.)

#164875 Changing temlates V 4

Posted by Maky on 05 July 2013 - 05:35 AM in General Questions

Hi guys

I installed V4 on localhost trying to change template with design/themes/basic/css/styles.css and design/themes/basic/css/styles.css/base.css but any changes made to those two files i dont get ANY changes to the template ?!!!. I cleared cache, restarted computer but i cant change the template !.
Can anybody help me to solve this?
Thanks

#155778 installing 3.0.6

Posted by Maky on 19 February 2013 - 10:40 AM in General Questions

On localhost now before i go online.

I downloaded MVE 3.0.6 trial and im trying to customize before buying licence and go online.
I unpacked .tgz and try to copy files to localhost empty folder but it asks to overwrite some files (one of them is .htaccess ....)

Hello Maky,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, I do not quite understand what are you trying to implement. Do you create a new CS-Cart installation of version 3.0.6 on your server or you copy CS-Cart files from some directory to another one on the server? Any clarification is appreciated.

Thank you.

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

#155773 installing 3.0.6

Posted by Maky on 19 February 2013 - 10:25 AM in General Questions

Hi guys

When copying files to empty folder to install cs 3.0.6 it asks (in the middle of copying) to overwrite some files. Should i skip or overwrite?

Thanks

#155614 Cant login to admin page

Posted by Maky on 17 February 2013 - 05:42 PM in Configuration

This thread should give you some answers.

Check the cscart_users database table for user_id = 1 and is_root = Y. User id = 1 should also have is_root = Y. Is the email address field your email address?

user id is 1, is root Y, status A, user type V, user login admin
I changed user type to A but no luck

#155611 Cant login to admin page

Posted by Maky on 17 February 2013 - 05:18 PM in Configuration

Hi guys,

Dont know what happend but login and pass that i use for admin page are no longe valid. Those details (login and pass) are now assigned to vendor login page. I cant access admin page.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

#154049 Slowest in CS-Cart 3.05 but only to people outside the USA

Posted by Maky on 30 January 2013 - 06:59 PM in General Questions

Perfect speet for me in Slovak Republic, Eastern Europe

#153141 Set-up Invoice to #1

Posted by Maky on 18 January 2013 - 08:58 PM in Configuration

Have tried this in 2.2.3. nothing happened. Invoice number is still the same like before change. How to proceed?

Hi. What I was trying to achieve was to setup Invoice number back to number 1.

Make sure that u set up:
Admin / Settings / General / Initial order ID value - 1

Then go to phpadmin panel:
find table "cscart_shipments" and click on it

On top find "SQL" and paste into textarea this
ALTER TABLE `cscart_shipments` AUTO_INCREMENT =1
and press enter

It works also for 3.0.4, u can repeat it as many times u want

#152925 Vendor can change product popularity number :(

Posted by Maky on 16 January 2013 - 09:28 AM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Hello Maky,

Yes, I agree with you that a vendor could change this value manually in order to get non-fair profit in case a customer views products sorted by popularity in the storefront. I have forwarded information about this issue to our engineers. This possibility will be removed in one of the next CS-Cart releases.

If you want to have this fix right now, please contact us via Customer Help Desk so that our technical support engineer could provide you with it.

Thank you.

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

Thank you for answer. I also find out that vendor can change "bestselling" number.
Edit product / Add-ons / Bestselling- Sales Amount.
Regards

#152841 Vendor can change product popularity number :(

Posted by Maky on 15 January 2013 - 11:09 AM in Multi-Vendor Edition

How come that vendor can change popularity number?
I can see a problem with that, because if there is on the front page block "Most popular" he can easily promote his products by putting very high number and so his products will be always on top.

Correct me if im wrong.

(sorry this article should be in Multivendor, cant change it now)

#152767 Editing Tooltips

Posted by Maky on 14 January 2013 - 10:41 AM in Configuration

Hello Maky,

Could you clarify what exactly you want to change in your tooltips so that we can understand the issue better and advise what file you should edit in this case?

Thank you.

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

Im looking for a file where background image is set "transparent_black_bg_85.png", "tooltip_arrow.png" and also {$params} is calculated and assigned to particular name like Categories (?): , Inventory (?): , Page title (?): and so on. I would like to add more tooltips. I will do it myself but I cant find the file(s).

#152740 checkout button missing

Posted by Maky on 13 January 2013 - 08:42 PM in Configuration

In the process of upgrading to v3 I notice I dont have a checkout button on the cart dropdown, see screen shot.
I have looked in all settings as I thought maybe I had it turned off but dont see it. Can anyone tell me where to allow it to be shown please.

thanks
john

In the process of upgrading to v3 I notice I dont have a checkout button on the cart dropdown, see screen shot.
I have looked in all settings as I thought maybe I had it turned off but dont see it. Can anyone tell me where to allow it to be shown please.

thanks
john

#152719 How to limit feature navigation to single selection per feature?

Posted by Maky on 13 January 2013 - 08:27 AM in Configuration

That would hide the disabled ones, but not the other ones. Frankly, their filtering algorithm is rather confusing.

Take a look at this: http://demo.cs-cart....al/electronics/

So if I select "Android 2.3, Gingerbread" under "Operating System", then it moves to the top of the list, but the other operating system options are still available.

I suppose if the products can have a many-to-many relationship, that would kind of make sense, but it's confusing because if I then select 3.7" under Display, and then Windows Phone 7.5, Mango under Operating System, for some reason I get more options that appear under Display.

Can you see what I mean?

In my experience with these type of filters, the options should continue to narrow... not narrow then expand, and so on.

Well, now I know what you mean. I cant help you with that.

#152687 Vendor cant delete assigned category to a product. A Bug?

Posted by Maky on 12 January 2013 - 07:26 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Hi guys

When vendor creates product and adds into several categories he cant delete any category later.
Is it a bug?

#152683 How to limit feature navigation to single selection per feature?

Posted by Maky on 12 January 2013 - 04:34 PM in Configuration

So by default, CS-Cart allows for multiple values to be select per feature in the catalog's product filters navigation.

For example, if I have Color, with the values of: Red, Green, Blue, a user can select Red, then Green, etc.

I prefer that the selection be limited to one. So if a user selects Red, then only products with Red appear and the Green and Blue values are no longer available in the product filters nav unless the user resets the selection he/she has made.

Is there a setting for this somewhere?

Thanks,
Nathan

Do you mean that if customer clicks on red then rest of the features for colors in filters will disapear?
then go to styles.css

find
.product-filters li a.filter-item.disabled {
display:none;
}

#152680 Editing Tooltips

Posted by Maky on 12 January 2013 - 03:15 PM in Configuration

Hi guys,

I have been searching file where i can make some work with tooltips. I found common_templates/tooltip.tpl but it is not file im looking for. Also editing .css will not help.
Can anybody help?

thanks

#152473 Vendor cant create or choose payment option

Posted by Maky on 09 January 2013 - 09:29 AM in Multi-Vendor Edition

As far as I know, this option is only available if you purchase an addon like "Automated Vendor Payouts"; however, this addon requires all of your vendors to use PayPal Pro which currently costs your vendors $30/month.

Who knows what we'll see in 3.1; but I think we're all hoping for better methods of Vendor accounts and payouts...

Thanks for answer. Well, in this stage of mve i can give all vendors only 2 options - Payment on delivery and bank transfer

#152393 Show tax on checkout

Posted by Maky on 08 January 2013 - 03:39 PM in Configuration

I actually hope that I am wrong - but I don't think so :?

Solved
Admin/Settings/Apperance - Estimate taxes using default address on cart/checkout pages: Checked

#152392 MVE Shows Taxes only when you are signed in. Why?

Posted by Maky on 08 January 2013 - 03:37 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Hi guys,

It shows taxes on cart and checkout page only after i signed in. After singed out taxes will disappear.
Did you experienced the same "problem"? In previous versions taxes always appeared. I dont think this is correct. No localization has been set up in my store.

Thanks

Solved !!

Admin/Settings/Apperance - Estimate taxes using default address on cart/checkout pages: Checked

#152391 MVE Shows Taxes only when you are signed in. Why?

Posted by Maky on 08 January 2013 - 03:36 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

#152385 Show tax on checkout

Posted by Maky on 08 January 2013 - 02:29 PM in Configuration

Hi Maky

Thank you for your response - my guess is, that this is not a mistake (in the eyes of CS-Cart).

As I know it, the tax is calculated based on info about the buyer location. Therefore it is first shown when logged in (here it knows your location and local tax) or after entering these data during check out as guest.

This is just my guess, but I fear, that I am being right ;-)

Thanks. I thought so but i wasnt sure because in previous versions (professional 2.x, prof 3.x and MVE professional - accept ver. 3.04) taxes were showing "correctly". Im sure 100%.