novista's Content

There have been 23 items by novista (Search limited from 27-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#236644 Change Style Of The Order Page In Admin

Posted by novista on 04 December 2015 - 09:07 PM in Store Design & Templates

Thanks tbirnseth, I will set up the hook for this.

#236634 Change Style Of The Order Page In Admin

Posted by novista on 04 December 2015 - 04:34 PM in Store Design & Templates

Thanks, worked perfectly.

#236623 Change Style Of The Order Page In Admin

Posted by novista on 04 December 2015 - 03:05 PM in Store Design & Templates

Hello,

I would like to edit the order page in admin. Specifically I'd like to make the shipping address a different color so it stands out. I can't find the template or css file in the backend folder that controls this. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

#233056 Show "call For Pricing" On The Category View

Posted by novista on 19 October 2015 - 09:34 AM in Hints & Modifications

When selected, call for pricing shows on the product page and quick view only. At the category view we only have the product title, image etc but no indication that customers need to call for a price. I am looking for a way to let people know they need to call.

Thanks.

#231666 Upgrade Stalls On Compressing Backup File

Posted by novista on 01 October 2015 - 04:17 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I did see that post but as I mentioned, I cannot change the timeout, the reason being that I am on a shared server.

#231664 Upgrade Stalls On Compressing Backup File

Posted by novista on 01 October 2015 - 04:02 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Hello,

I am trying to run an upgrade from 4.3.3.SP1 to 4.3.4. Each time I do the upgrade stalls when trying to compress the backup file. I've waited over an hour which seems like plenty of time. I've gzipped the server in times faster than that.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the upgrade stalls at this point and what I can do about it? I do know that my server's timeout is set to 30 seconds for a script and I cannot increase this but I would expect a timeout error or something.

Thanks.

#226953 Prevent Js From Being Moved To The Bottom Of A Page

Posted by novista on 17 August 2015 - 10:39 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Thanks.

#226882 Prevent Js From Being Moved To The Bottom Of A Page

Posted by novista on 16 August 2015 - 03:51 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I have some js to show things like my verify ssl certificate image in a block of my layout. The alt text is showing in the right place but the images are actually showing at the very bottom of my page. Presumable this is because CS Cart is moving the js which gets this image to the bottom of the page. It was not happening till I upgraded. Is there a way to tell CS Cart to not move specific code?

This is the code I am speaking of:

<script src="//verify.authorize.net/anetseal/seal.js" language="javascript"></script>
<a id="AuthorizeNetText" href="http://www.authorize.net/" target="_blank">Credit Card Processing</a></div>

Thanks.

#225453 Usps Causing Error 500

Posted by novista on 03 August 2015 - 05:22 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Thanks to you both for your help. The script was stopping at the point in usps.php where CS Cart made their fix but there was not much to go on after that. I followed the suggestion about permissions and decided to run the chmod required per the install instructions. Since then I have not gotten the Error 500. So hopeully this is resolved. Thanks again.

#225130 Usps Causing Error 500

Posted by novista on 31 July 2015 - 01:27 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Hello,

When I have any USPS shipping method enabled, all customers (us and international) get an Error 500 when they click continue to get to their shipping options. I can't say that it happens all the time but usually.

I am using 4.2.2 and tried implementing the fix from this posting but no luck. I have opened a ticket with support but I can't wait till next week to have this resolved. Anyone have any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Thanks.

#224700 Google Whining About Cs Cart's Robots.txt

Posted by novista on 29 July 2015 - 08:03 AM in Configuration

I don't have any concerns really. I was just following prevoius recommendations, you know, like a lemming. I never saw a problem with it.

#224666 Google Whining About Cs Cart's Robots.txt

Posted by novista on 28 July 2015 - 07:03 PM in Configuration

I just an email from Google stating that my robots.txt file is hurting my rankings.

Googlebot cannot access your JavaScript and/or CSS files because of restrictions in your robots.txt file. These files help Google understand that your website works properly so blocking access to these assets can result in suboptimal rankings.

They want me to unblock /js/ and /var/ so then can read the css. This goes against CS Cart's recommendation as well as a lot of the SEO folks on this forum. Can someone identify the dangers of allowing var and js open to robots?

Thanks.

#223370 Authorize.net Switching To Akamai Network

Posted by novista on 17 July 2015 - 12:14 PM in General Questions

Thanks, I knew I had time, just wanted to get it out of the way.

#223281 Authorize.net Switching To Akamai Network

Posted by novista on 16 July 2015 - 11:47 PM in General Questions

Authorize.net sent out an announcement saying they are switching to the Akamai network. These are the new URL's:

https://api2.authori.../v1/request.api
https://api2.authori...v1/Service.asmx
https://secure2.auth...ay/transact.dll

Does anyone know if this affects CS Cart and if so, where the new URL would go? I'm not seeing it in authorizenet_aim.php.

Thanks.

#212223 Modifying The Cs Cart Responsive Theme

Posted by novista on 21 April 2015 - 02:15 PM in Store Design & Templates

Thanks everyone.

#212142 Modifying The Cs Cart Responsive Theme

Posted by novista on 21 April 2015 - 02:36 AM in Store Design & Templates

Hello,

I am using CS Cart's responsive theme, modern. My category layout has several sidebars on the left side of the page. This does not work well on mobile because the sidebars show up first causing the products to be too far down the page. Is there a way to have the sidebar hidden on mobile devices or, have it show up on the right? I suspect there is a way to do this via css but I am not sure where to begin. The site is http://www.omnivos.com.

Thanks.

#207615 Assigning A Category As The Home Page

Posted by novista on 10 March 2015 - 08:15 PM in Store Design & Templates

Of course, thanks Valentin.

#207414 Assigning A Category As The Home Page

Posted by novista on 08 March 2015 - 05:41 PM in Store Design & Templates

Really nice work on this Valentin, thanks for writing it. One question, on the home page I would like to have block(s) above the category I have set as the home page? I have welcome and promo blocks on my current home page. I'd like to keep those then have the designated category as the rest of the home page.

Thanks,
Michael

#207316 Assigning A Category As The Home Page

Posted by novista on 06 March 2015 - 03:02 PM in Store Design & Templates

I realize I can setup a block on my home page to show products. I cannot find a way within CS Cart to tell it to use a specific category as a home page. I'd rather not use redirects or an addon. Is this possible?

Thank you.

#205490 Cart Is Empty After Adding Product To Cart

Posted by novista on 16 February 2015 - 04:03 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Hello,

I have been getting reports of people adding products to their cart then finding the cart to be empty when they go to check out. Till now it has been primarily a safari problem on a Mac but I just got a report of it happening on an android.

I thought it might be browser settings but now I am not sure. Has anyone experienced this or, any suggestions on what I should look for? I am on 4.2.3.

Thanks
Michael

#203605 Browser Caching

Posted by novista on 28 January 2015 - 01:11 AM in General Questions

Hello,

I ran a performance report of my site using GTMetrix (http://gtmetrix.com) and while the grades were mostly good, I got a poor rating for "Leverage browser caching". The helpful hint was:

"The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources:"

...and it proceeded to list the files in question, most of which were images without expirations dates and styles.css under my_changes. Some of the images are watermark images generated by CS Cart and other are image URLs added into content.

I'd like to resolve this because my site runs slower than I'd like. Is there something globally I can do either within CS Cart, htaccess or elsewhere? I am running 4.2.3 and will be upgrading to the most recent version in the next few weeks.

Thanks.

#203247 Deleting Products

Posted by novista on 23 January 2015 - 05:39 AM in General Questions

Got it, thanks.

#203239 Deleting Products

Posted by novista on 23 January 2015 - 12:06 AM in General Questions

Hello,

I am dropping a product line which will result in the removal of 900+ products. Right now they are disabled. If I delete them from my store,

1. Will it effect my order history, i.e. will those products be removed from previous orders and

2. Could I see an improvement is site speed

Thank you.