Sateesh Patil's Content

There have been 14 items by Sateesh Patil (Search limited from 21-Jan 19)

Sort by                Order  

#236684 Php 7 Set For Release In November. Will Cs-Cart Support It?

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 06 December 2015 - 06:27 PM in Web Hosting

Not a place to discuss this thing, but any how pardon me. Would any member suggest great book on PHP7? Because we will be able to do our own work when CS-Cart does support it. Of course I know Google and Amazon are my friends, but community is my best friend.

#236234 What Is The Use Of “/?version”?

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 30 November 2015 - 01:35 PM in General Questions

My dear eComLabs, thanks for the insight.

#236176 What Is The Use Of “/?version”?

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 30 November 2015 - 08:11 AM in General Questions

Okey brothers (if Triplets is sister I beg her pardon), I will comment out "die(PRODUCT_NAME . ' <b>' . PRODUCT_VERSION . ' ' . (PRODUCT_STATUS != '' ? (' (' . PRODUCT_STATUS . ')') : '') . (PRODUCT_BUILD != '' ? (' ' . PRODUCT_BUILD) : '') . '</b>');".

#236175 Details Needed On 2015 Black Friday Sales Announcements

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 30 November 2015 - 08:06 AM in Off-Topic/General Chat

My dear Tony; cost, feature set, ease of use, better community support, add-on availability, and frequent release cycle are keeping me here. Also I prefer licensed over hosted as it give me better control. Now, when I visited Merchium administration panel recently I did not see much changes, all the preference and setting are there of course few change here and there, so I ask your good self to educate me about fundamental difference between Merchium and CS-Cart (Ignoring hosting, hosted add-ons and non assessable source code).

#236150 What Is The Use Of “/?version”?

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 29 November 2015 - 04:16 PM in General Questions

The line “define('PRODUCT_VERSION', '4.3.4')” in config.php is sufficient to know version of CS-Cart. So what is the use of “/?version”.

#236149 Details Needed On 2015 Black Friday Sales Announcements

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 29 November 2015 - 03:40 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

My dear Flow, I wholeheartedly agree with you. But my situation is far different than yours, so bear with me. I really want to save quater of that your cents (pun intended).

#236134 Details Needed On 2015 Black Friday Sales Announcements

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 29 November 2015 - 07:37 AM in Off-Topic/General Chat

Dear Tony, I’m an automobile enthusiast and have been observing industry from past 20 years. It is always a common practice to share components between models to cut the cost down. This trend has been adopted by many software firms, most notable is Microsoft where you basically get same code base for every platform and I believe CS-Cart is no exception. I believe that both the platform are fundamentally same and make use of same e-commerce engine. And now coming to the crux of the discussion, by not providing lucrative discount one will be forced to migrate for more economically viable platform and that is Merchium. When end-user migrate developers also migrate.

#236133 Php Version Information Must Be Displayed On Cs-Cart Forum.

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 29 November 2015 - 07:35 AM in General Questions

Dear Tony, while reading Ullman’s book I was told that each new version will introduce few new syntax and deprecate some old syntax that are not needed for some particular reasons, so I thought it will be general practice to follow latest standard while writing code, actually my thread is based on this very belief.
Tony thanks for the great link.
Note: Mr. Ullman have only provided me an introduction; I have many miles to munch, so I will not get into deep discussion.

#236109 Php Version Information Must Be Displayed On Cs-Cart Forum.

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 28 November 2015 - 04:07 PM in General Questions

We all know that CS-Cart uses its own frame work to build its software, so it make sense to post on forum as to what version of PHP is used to build the current version.
Of course I know that CS-Cart is open source platform, and any knowledgeable developer can easily identify the version used and researching through release announcement will give an idea, but however I feel majority of members are business men having limited or no knowledge of PHP.

#236107 Details Needed On 2015 Black Friday Sales Announcements

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 28 November 2015 - 03:48 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

Okey brothers, I got reply from CS-Cart team through 'Help Desk'.
1) CS-Cart 4.3.5 will get released in middle of December.
2) Year 2015 will not witness any 'Black Friday' sale.
Pertaining to 'Black Friday' sale I personally feel it is the effect of CS-Cart's hosted solution.

I personally feel that the company is slowly drifting towards becoming 'hosted platform'. May be year 2020 will witness end of licensed version. Hmm... another addition after Interspire.

#235696 Details Needed On 2015 Black Friday Sales Announcements

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 24 November 2015 - 01:19 PM in Off-Topic/General Chat

Hi CS-Cart team, are you planning for 2015 Black Friday sales, if so can you throw some light when it is going to happen.

#228812 Beta Testing Of Upgrade 4.3.3 - 4.3.4

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 03 September 2015 - 02:44 PM in News and Announcements

So, my dear Ilya Makarov, your team has finalized the development of version 4.3.4, so when can I see the release in my 'File Area'. Also do go through Mr. Tony request in next release. 

#213156 Get Maximum out of 4.3.1: The Best Server Configuration.

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 01 May 2015 - 07:39 PM in Web Hosting

My dear Ilya Makarov, as a community member I really appreciate this type of material over the forum, however I feel that giving a general idea of correct file permission for various files and folder in the same topic will enhance its value. Just my thought. Of-course one can find this information elsewhere.

#208621 How To Add Blog To The Top Menu In Cs Cart 4.3.1?

Posted by Sateesh Patil on 21 March 2015 - 11:20 AM in General Questions

The story is not different, the procedure is the same. Now I have another one question, how to make fly-out menu; for instance when we click on 'Blog' how to make blog category to get displayed through fly-out menu.

cscartlearner, just add 'sub-menus' to the 'main-menus', and you will find your fly-out menu, hopefully I have answered your question.