plinkplink's Content

There have been 103 items by plinkplink (Search limited from 13-May 20)

Sort by                Order  

#149939 Marketing Assistance

Posted by plinkplink on 26 November 2012 - 11:13 PM in General Questions

Most of us on this forum do it ourselves. It's a lot of work and specific knowledge, but I think most of us enjoy it.

Post your needs in the third-party services section and you'll probably find someone.

http://forum.cs-cart...party-services/

#149161 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 14 November 2012 - 03:33 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Well, one solution that I don't recommend is to accidentally delete your entire website from the Cpanel and then restore from a sketchy backup. That fixed it, but it's a little like curing the disease by accidentally killing the patient, then trying to bring him back to life.

#149097 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 13 November 2012 - 07:56 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Product Designer suddenly stopped working. Flash does not load.

I checked the backend and saw a nag message, "new version available."

Upgraded to v1.1.1.

Cannot make work.

#146108 ADDON: Auto-mailer

Posted by plinkplink on 01 October 2012 - 02:42 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Hey Seth,

I bought this addon about a month ago and couldn't get it work. I finally changed my servers MX records the other day and that got emails to send, which is good.

The problem I'm having now is that it is sending two (2) identical emails to each customer. I must have misconfigured it somehow.

In the Addons section I have the following:

Send on login: checked (what is this?)
Default Order Status: Sent Via USPS

In the Users>Auto-mailer settings:

I have three auto-mailers set up, one for each of the shipping methods used by the company. Process on order status: Shipped Via Fedex etc... Since my Order-Entry Team doesn't want an extra step of changing orders to "Complete" or whatever, changing the status to shipped is the final step.

In the Mailer logs I see:
[Mon, 01 Oct 2012 08:16:39 -0400]
am_run_queue: Called

...a bunch of set and sent emails...
[Mon, 01 Oct 2012 08:16:39 -0400]

am_run_queue: Called
...the same bunch of set and sent emails...

#145217 CS-Cart Smart phone Addon Tech Preview

Posted by plinkplink on 17 September 2012 - 01:57 PM in Configuration

Has anyone seen or tried this?

I apologize if this has already been brought up in the forums, the search isn't always the best.

#145058 Setting up CS-Cart with Amazon Checkout?

Posted by plinkplink on 14 September 2012 - 02:30 PM in Configuration

Awesome, thanks. I got it to work, almost. It now creates two duplicate orders and sends two duplicate confirmation emails to the customer.

Why won't thins thing just WORK?

#145005 Setting up CS-Cart with Amazon Checkout?

Posted by plinkplink on 13 September 2012 - 08:42 PM in Configuration

Hey Flow,

You say you've got a special landing page for Amazon, I don't get it.

When the user clicks "pay" in the Amazon window, it sends the order information to

https://www.YOURSTE.com/payments/amazon/amazon_callback.php

And that's how the CS-Cart receives and process the order, right?

Is the browser redirect located in that file? Where and how do you redirect?

Did you just put a special URL in the Amazon Checkout Pipeline Settings?

I've almost got it working. I just need this last step....

#144896 Alt-Team Rocks

Posted by plinkplink on 12 September 2012 - 06:16 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Gosh, mazter, I really wouldn't suggest flaming the forum admin...

I would hate to get booted from this forum! It's an extremely valuable resource for anyone using this software.

#144885 Experience with Alt-Team

Posted by plinkplink on 12 September 2012 - 03:28 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Seeing all the posivite feedbacks, I feel obligated to share my story.

Here we go:
-When you email them even during their business hours (Russia), it almost feels like you are only allowed to receive one response. They won't email you back until next day.
-I guess they are not looking into hiring more people although they are pushing their services in the market so the quickes a project they can even "start" is about 6 weeks on average.
-They give you a skype address but they don't discuss project details on Skype. You have to email them thus wait minimum 1 business day to be responded.
-When they respond, they cut your email into pieces and respond to the parts they feel like so you have to email them back to get the final answer thus the email trail.
-Looks like they have adjusted their prices to "US" prices. They are not negotiable nor very reasonable.

This has been my experience and due to the first 4 reasons, I couldn't even start to work with them for past 3 months.

I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://forum.cs-cart...alt-team-rocks/

#144881 Alt-Team Rocks

Posted by plinkplink on 12 September 2012 - 03:17 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Well, has anyone else had a "bad experience" with Alt-Team?

If not, then I think we're done here.

#144875 Alt-Team Rocks

Posted by plinkplink on 12 September 2012 - 02:48 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Look at the title of this thread!

In a world of charlatans and half-assed service providers, these guys always come through for us. A negative review on the internet can be very damaging to a company. I like these guys so I'm sticking up for them. That's all.

Hopefully when others are deciding whether they want to go with Alt-Team for their business, they'll research and find that good service and good work creates real customer loyalty. As online business owners this should be a top goal for all of us.

#144869 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 12 September 2012 - 01:58 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

It would make more sense for the photo upload tab to be the first tab, as once text has been added, the photo then goes over the message; if the user is unsure of how to change the order of the layers then they will say that a message cannot be added. Is there a way to change the order of the tabs?

That's actually a pretty good point.

I second this request in the interest of usability!

#144811 Alt-Team Rocks

Posted by plinkplink on 11 September 2012 - 08:39 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Ahhh, that sounds like fun right about now. I've been mired in this heinous ShopSite rebuild forever. That's a terrible platform; ShopSite. I wish I had time, I'd offer to take the project myself!

Maybe they're pricing you/timing you out on purpose because they don't think the job's going to be worth it? That sounds pretty shady, and I hesitate to insinuate that Alt-Team is capable of anything other than sheer awesomeness, but it's been known to happen with even the best design firms.

When I was a freelancer, and this is no offense intended to you at all!, I used to do that with customers that I knew were going to be more trouble than they were worth. Clients would come to me with a blank page and start demanding ridiculous deadlines and crazy functionality for dirt-cheap and I would have no choice but to quote high and set my own time-table. If they still wanted it, great! I'd do it. But more often than not, they'd go find someone cheaper and hungrier for work. Those projects never turned out very well.

Hopefully, Alt-Team is just super-busy or it's some crazy Russian Holiday week or something.

#144806 Alt-Team Rocks

Posted by plinkplink on 11 September 2012 - 08:09 PM in Third-Party Reviews

What's your project? "Integration Project" sounds kinda vague...

#144788 Alt-Team Rocks

Posted by plinkplink on 11 September 2012 - 03:55 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Sorry to hear about your experience with Alt-Team. I really like working with them!

None of the reasons you posted sounded that bad to me, really.

The email thing we should all be used to with CS Cart. They're in Russia, after all.

And I totally get the "Cutting up" of the email part. But it's really difficult to explain complex technical problems in writing. I never tried to skype them.

They started my project within a few days and delivered on-time, tested and installed. Maybe they're having a backlog of customers right now?

I thought their prices were pretty good, for what I wanted to do.

My company has a little more money to throw around than, say, someone just running a cart from their house as a second job or something. And we can afford to wait a few weeks for a big project.

#144063 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 31 August 2012 - 03:35 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Must.... not.... flame....

#143502 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 23 August 2012 - 09:18 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

I withdraw my question... i just realized that clipart supports all types of files now! It used to only be .swf.

Man, I've got to pay more attention to the changelogs.

-Matt

#143501 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 23 August 2012 - 09:11 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Can I, as an admin, add images to a product?

I want to make a bunch of pre-made templates for the user to edit, but there doesn't seem to be a way to add images to the product from the admin area.

I'm in T-Shirt mode on v2.x.x

-Matt

#142782 Easy fix? Make order notifications FROM "customer email" instead of...

Posted by plinkplink on 13 August 2012 - 01:43 PM in Configuration

Any reasonable SMTP server will immediately flag an email with a falsified FROM address as spam.

Good point...

#142652 Easy fix? Make order notifications FROM "customer email" instead of...

Posted by plinkplink on 10 August 2012 - 05:56 PM in Configuration

I want a new CRM so bad, but the company is totally mired in the crap-tastic one they've got.

Migrating thousands of contacts and training 30 people to use new software prevents any thought of switching.

sadface.jpg

Capsule looks nice, though. I'd love to get on that.

#142635 Easy fix? Make order notifications FROM "customer email" instead of...

Posted by plinkplink on 10 August 2012 - 03:01 PM in Configuration

Hey Flow!

Wouldn't this mean the client would get email from himself? That might look weird.

Yes, yes it would. I guess I'd have to handle customer and orders department emails separately (somehow!)

If the problem is that you can't reply to order mails... I'm assuming you are using google apps? (I ask this with a reason)

Not exactly. The client wants the customer's email address in the FROM: field so that they can integrate it with their CRM program (which is GoldMine).

Currently, the order-entry department takes each new order email and manually fills the data into their CRM. If I could just have the new order notification email come from the customer's email address, the whole thing would be automated and save the company man-hours, which as we all know, equals money.

We are using Google Aps, but they've got Microsoft Outlook rigged up with the GoldMine CRM to automate the whole thing.

#142563 Easy fix? Make order notifications FROM "customer email" instead of...

Posted by plinkplink on 09 August 2012 - 08:47 PM in Configuration

The other thing is, I only want it to affect the new order notification email. There are about a dozen other emails that CS Cart generates for other purposes using this same script...

Complicates things a bit.

#142562 Easy fix? Make order notifications FROM "customer email" instead of...

Posted by plinkplink on 09 August 2012 - 08:30 PM in Configuration

My client wants to me to change the NEW ORDER NOTIFICATION email.

The "from:" is currently our company name, which is set as "email@company.com" entered in the admin panel > settings > Company > Order department e-mail address

They would like it to make the email appear in their inbox as From: "customerEmailAddress@whatever.com"

The .tpl files in the Mail section only deal with the body of the various messages, so I think I have to change the lib/phpmailer/class.phphmailer.php file:

/**
   * Sets the From email address for the message.
   * @var string
   */
  public $From			  = 'root@localhost';
  /**
   * Sets the From name of the message.
   * @var string
   */
  public $FromName		  = 'Root User';

This looks like the right place, but I suck at PHP.

Some people on this forum are PHP Gods, anyone know a quick fix for this?

Also, I'm using the "via PHP mail function" for my emails.

-Matt

#141915 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 31 July 2012 - 03:05 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Ok, I upgraded it. No problems yet...

Nice additions!

#139823 ADDON: Product Designer Addon

Posted by plinkplink on 03 July 2012 - 06:09 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

:-(
Shame but is better to wait for well developed bug free software.

John

Agreed.