TexasGuy's Content

There have been 544 items by TexasGuy (Search limited from 30-Sep 19)

Sort by                Order  

#103724 Trial license disabled

Posted by TexasGuy on 11 February 2011 - 05:47 PM in Why CS-Cart

This is what I got regarding this, I had the same question:

(in short, they say you cannot upgrade while in trial from the admin panel, you got to download it from their repository and then run the upgrade)

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your interest in CS-Cart Shopping Cart software.

My name is Alexander Shabaev, I am a sales manager at CS-Cart.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

License numbers are used for getting upgrades but it is impossible to upgrade the 60-day trial version with the trial license number.

After the 60-day trial period is expired you will need to purchase the CS-Cart license to continue using our software. On purchasing the CS-Cart license you will not have to reinstall your trial CS-Cart installation, it is possible to continue using the existing store. Also, if need be, you can upgrade your store to the latest version of CS-Cart via a built-in Upgrade center using a newly generated license number.

Installation of the updates is carried out on the Upgrade Center page of CS-Cart admin panel. If access permissions do not allow to update some files, the system will prompt to enter FTP access details (they are not passed to our server).

All the original files replaced during the upgrade are saved in a special folder. Also it is possible to cancel the changes one by one and return to previous versions.

If you have any design changes or modifications, modified files should be upgraded manually.

To get the detailed instructions on the upgrade process, please refer to the following page of our Knowledge Base:

http://kb2.cs-cart.com/upgrade

Our technical support engineers will be glad to assist you with the upgrade process as well as answer all your technical questions.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that on purchasing the CS-Cart Professional license you will get 30-day free technical support service or 40 credits at your choice and our engineers will be glad to assist you with initial store setup, provide information on CS-Cart functionality and consult you on CS-Cart architecture and customization.

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Edition goes with either 30-day free technical support or 100 credits at your choice.

To familiarize yourself with conditions of rendering our technical support service please refer to the following page of our website:

https://www.cs-cart....pport-item.html

Feel free to contact us if other questions arise.
We will be glad to help.

#103615 CS-Cart 2.1.3 Released

Posted by TexasGuy on 10 February 2011 - 10:27 PM in News and Announcements

Kind of weird to look at the speed enhancements for

Ver .12 http://blog.cs-cart....t-212-released/

and

Ver .13 http://blog.cs-cart....t-213-released/

Kind of unbelievable that you can go from Ver .12 to .13 with such drastic changes. Very unbelievable.

#84321 CS-CART / WordPress Integration

Posted by TexasGuy on 14 July 2010 - 09:29 PM in General Questions

I can assist in integration, I have a big WP experience.

#84291 Need help with code

Posted by TexasGuy on 14 July 2010 - 02:51 PM in Installation & Upgrade

It is possible you have a file with a bad template. Syntax error or simply corrupted. Try to replace these files for this addon manually from a fresh download of the cart (same version as you have).

#84230 deal of the day homepage

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 11:30 PM in Store Design & Templates

At this point it is hard for me to say exactly what you are trying to accomplish to give a quote. You may privately PM me or reply here with a description of your vision.

#84222 Issue with Buy Together addon

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 09:06 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

see if database still has the data first

#84214 import from x-cart to cs-cart

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 06:45 PM in General Questions

Go to the import screen, see how the expected fields are named. Go to wiki and read about CSV format standard. Look through your data where the expected info is, move it under the expected named field. You may need to code a script to acomplish it automatically while keeping CSV standard compliant. (you can keep ";" in place where comma use is suggested, does not matter, it is just a separator).

#84212 import from x-cart to cs-cart

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 06:32 PM in General Questions

yes i am 100% sure i select the correct separator, i have exported using , coma, semicolon and tab, to see if one works but no luck,..

i am attaching the csv file

It is the file. It might require some field name adjustment, some row cleaning, and just generally making that data into a format CS-Cart expects. It has some encoded arrays which should be removed or exploded to single pieces.

So, it is not direct export->import data. It is export->modify->import type of a thing

#84210 import from x-cart to cs-cart

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 06:13 PM in General Questions

Did you choose a correct separator on import?

Also, some fields need to be enclosed in quotes, it is possible that missing quotes are the cause...

PLZ Post first 20 lines of the file.

#84209 deal of the day homepage

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 06:11 PM in Store Design & Templates

Very much so.

#84207 Upload PDF`s

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 06:06 PM in General Questions

Yes, downloads. If I remember correctly, it is an addon that comes with CS-Cart. It creates a new tab in descriptions. You can upload there files for any products separately.

#84205 How to import using XML.

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 06:03 PM in Hints & Modifications

I can write XML to CSV app for you.

#84204 Hide Pages from Search Engines?

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 05:54 PM in v1.x SEO

robots.txt ?

in "a" link have rel="nofollow" ...

htaccess rules based on user agent...

#84203 Unofficial: CS-Cart Weaknesses

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 05:52 PM in General Questions

Hello you all,

Seems like this thread became rather popular... :)

Anyway, was looking at php.net site, they are assemling a collection of tests for their functions to test against for bugs in future versions. Not sure how CS-Cart tests their releases, do they write automatic tests or is it manual human testing?

#84200 Looking to do some projects

Posted by TexasGuy on 13 July 2010 - 05:38 PM in Third-Party Services

Just came back from a vacation. If you need some graphics design or coding help, PM me.

The only thing I am not very good at is JQuery. Everything else goes:

- PHP/Smarty
- HTML/CSS
- Javascript/AJAX
- Photoshop/Premier

Houston, TX

#82846 view items assigned to block

Posted by TexasGuy on 18 June 2010 - 08:31 PM in Configuration

Sorry, I don't have time to play with blocks today but in general I agree, it is screwy.

#82845 Does CS-Cart do License Checking ?

Posted by TexasGuy on 18 June 2010 - 08:20 PM in Why CS-Cart

It is rather standard, you take a string that is html that connects to a specific php page on your website. You encode your string with a function so it would be impossible to find it with a simple search, many overuse base64 to the degree that you can simply search for that function in the code. For best result you would use your own decode function that would be on execution triggered and would decode to the HTML that would "touch off" your script/page on your server. Then your script would have a library of websites that your other script could crawl and catalog. Then you would compare the registered sites with non-registered sites and follow up on those that don't seem to be registered. That being said, that link does not have to connect to you on each page load, first, it would be too much of your and customer's bandwidth, plus, all you need to know is once or a few times, and, it would be easy to discover if that link would be on each page. Thus, you would plant it on something that is used rarely, like new admin creation, export of some info...

#82826 Detailed image without popup

Posted by TexasGuy on 18 June 2010 - 03:28 PM in Store Design & Templates

Try to remove whole 1st line that has 'assign'

#82825 How to have options for a product have different prices depending on the group?

Posted by TexasGuy on 18 June 2010 - 03:26 PM in General Questions

Well, it was not easy to. Though later I had some use PM me that he had CS-Cart people modify his cart to implement the same, he wanted to share, I believe not free. Since I already coded my thing, it made no sense to me to jump on the wagon. If you want, I will PM his screen name to you.

About my modification, I went my own way, maybe not the best one but works. I am not sure how my implementation will fit your needs, it has its shortcomings.

#82791 view items assigned to block

Posted by TexasGuy on 17 June 2010 - 11:42 PM in Configuration

For some, yes, there is a number that is highlighted, you press on the number, you get a list of just these items. However, it seems not to be true for all kinds of blocks.

Example:
blocks/pages_text_links.tpl <---- can do

blocks/grid_list.tpl <---- cannot

#82790 Some question

Posted by TexasGuy on 17 June 2010 - 11:37 PM in General Questions

No one promised complete answers in bulk.

Have you tried yourself to solve the problems?

Where did you stop and what do you need to figure out?

Where I can I'll try to push to forward.

#82777 Quick Search - Show Category Names

Posted by TexasGuy on 17 June 2010 - 07:26 PM in Configuration

It would be messy

#82768 You May Also Buy Individual Items

Posted by TexasGuy on 17 June 2010 - 05:39 PM in Hints & Modifications

1) In the descriptions (full or short) you would put: <!-- chair0934 sofa2342 lamp234 --> at the end (unless there is a better field somewhere like features...)
2) Modify product template to grab that description or a field at the end of the page, put that list into an array and then if an array is not empty run a code pasted from a block to display a similar looking block.
3) You can run functions that grab info of the skus, or better yet, modify the core that grabs the info before the template is called.

#82765 Apache mod_rewrite to Zeus

Posted by TexasGuy on 17 June 2010 - 05:04 PM in SEO

Try to go to the sites where you can hire a person for a project. Maybe you can score a Zeus IT person.

#82763 My product central content is missing?

Posted by TexasGuy on 17 June 2010 - 05:01 PM in Configuration

Can you backup you db then purge it of items, see if it will bring it back... Maybe a bad import...