gabrieluk's Content

There have been 73 items by gabrieluk (Search limited from 18-Oct 18)

Sort by                Order  

#94749 cscart 2.1.2 released

Posted by gabrieluk on 12 November 2010 - 03:18 PM in General Questions

I pushed for a free basic cart a very long time ago so I'm glad to see it finally happening and yes hopefully the community grows even stronger - Sno

oh yeah!!!!!I definitely agree with Sno,this is a big jump.I've been into Drupal latest months,but with this good news......!!!!I will be integrating cs with drupal!!!!Horay:p

#92316 cs cart + cms skin integration

Posted by gabrieluk on 19 October 2010 - 06:52 AM in General Questions

NVM.I went to the smarty website and i found a list of suported cms app related to smarty:p

#92298 cs cart + cms skin integration

Posted by gabrieluk on 18 October 2010 - 11:40 PM in General Questions

Heloooooo!!!!
Long time no see ...:D.I've been travelling for a while(spending some money) and i left my computer relax for a while.Now i'm back!!!
I've been working mostly with cs cart,but many clients wants also the functionality of a cms aplication...So,one thing is sure,i love cs-cart and the skinning system(im learning smarty) but i would like to implement a skin created for cs into a cms app..I would like to know if anyone can point me a cms that can integrate with a cs skin.I checked Drupal already,but it looks like smarty is not being much supported,,,not sure.
Thanks for any help

#79353 import categories data

Posted by gabrieluk on 05 May 2010 - 05:41 PM in General Questions

Hi,
I want to import CATEGORIES data trough a .csv,the same way i can import products.I have many categories,and setup all of them manually is lots of work...No idea how can i do that?

#79041 2.0.14 Released

Posted by gabrieluk on 01 May 2010 - 02:14 PM in News and Announcements

It's that TRUE?????Can i finally upgrade from 1.35 sp4????????????????????????
Let's MAKE A PARTY!!!!:D :D :D :D
Everyone is invite!!!!!Noman,bring the champagne!!!UHurrurururuuu

#78316 cs default breadcrumbs and global navigation

Posted by gabrieluk on 24 April 2010 - 02:29 PM in SEO

Hi,
no tips about this?please i really need some help in how to manually edit the breadcrumbs.I could just find instructions on how to hide the breadcrumbs,but no info in how to edit them.Please help

#76130 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 30 March 2010 - 04:35 AM in SEO

ahhhh...ok:p
I just got confused...htacess and robots.txt are new for me....

#76119 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 29 March 2010 - 10:32 PM in SEO

If you have SEO enabled then add:

Disallow: /index.php

Can i use a 301 instead of the Disallow ?

### re-direct index.php to root / ###
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*\/index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]

#76117 <lastmod> and <changefrequency> sitemap

Posted by gabrieluk on 29 March 2010 - 10:28 PM in SEO

have to manually edit the file.Sorted:D

#76013 robots.txt

Posted by gabrieluk on 28 March 2010 - 10:28 PM in SEO

Hi Indy!
I have this urls being indexed many times...
http://www.fmydomain...ducts=Y&page=90

the only difference between them is the end of the url "Y&page= "

should i
Disallow: /index.php?target=gift_certificates&mode=free_products&search_products=Y&page=

??:rolleyes:

#75969 robots.txt

Posted by gabrieluk on 28 March 2010 - 03:57 PM in SEO

Thanks for the explanation....I took this from another post....Is that good?
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=products.search
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=wishlist.view
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=checkout.checkout
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=profiles.update
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=profiles.add
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=index.php
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=checkout.cart
=======================================
i just realized now....
Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=
this covers all the urls

#75933 <lastmod> and <changefrequency> sitemap

Posted by gabrieluk on 27 March 2010 - 10:51 PM in SEO

hi,
I', using the xml sitemap addon,but i would like to remove <lastmod> and <changefrequency> settings,any on how to do that?I checked the addon in admin,but i cannot see any settings related to <lastmod> and <changefrequency>

www.funky-sheila.co.uk/sitemap.xml

#75839 robots.txt

Posted by gabrieluk on 26 March 2010 - 10:21 PM in SEO

Hi Indy,
would you mind to explain the difference between this:

Disallow: /somefolder

and this:

Disallow: /somefolder/

??

#75577 robots.txt

Posted by gabrieluk on 25 March 2010 - 05:16 AM in SEO

"#Disallow: /images/ "

hi,great post.I just dont understand why this folder is commented out...

#75486 cs default breadcrumbs and global navigation

Posted by gabrieluk on 24 March 2010 - 02:02 PM in SEO

hi,i would like to know how to edit the breadcrumbs from the global navigation.It seems,for me,in a seo point of view that those links,such as affiliate program and promotions are not really usefull,i would rather put in the breadcrums,categories of the shop.And i also would like to transfer those links to affiliate program and promotions,to a side box to be set to show only in the homepage.

#75378 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 23 March 2010 - 05:19 PM in SEO

Hmmm... I see. And why do you use the image.php in the robots? I would use in your case that in the root robots file:

Disallow: /shop/image.php?object_type=
It will stop the robots to index all URLs ending with image.php?object_type= in the subfolder.

That works 100%.

SORRY iNDY ,but now you are reallllyyyy confusing me....we are not following anymore....you are giving me all the time dubious answers,I know you are trying to help me,but you are not following a line of tough...if you read,calm,this thread from the beginning and also read your answers,you will see that it doesnt make sense...Don't you agree?:neutral:

#75276 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 22 March 2010 - 09:43 PM in SEO

still confused...
im afraid to disallow the subfolder in root of the domain,as many pages are indexed and the site is ok with googles by now.Are you sure that if i dissalow the sub folder in the robots.txt in the root of the domain,that the SECOND robots.txt in the sub folder will be active??are you 100 per cent sure??so now you are saying i should have 2 robots.txt file...Any other developer could share its experience with us?

#75269 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 22 March 2010 - 08:46 PM in SEO

Yes, you're right I forgotten that it supports subfolders as well. In that case you should disallow the CSC subfolder in the root in the robots.txt

I dont know if this is good idea,since i need to insert the command disallow image.php in the robots.txt in the root FOLDER OF THE DOMAIN.even if the sub folder is registered as another website,google is not reading the robots.txt from cs cart,as you can see that my images are being indexed.....i feel a little confusion now...
i think even if they are registered as two sites,google still see them as in the same domain,just separated by the folder,so maybe,in this case google reads the FIRST robots.txt he founds in the domain ,independent if theres a second website in a subfolder

#75265 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 22 March 2010 - 08:18 PM in SEO

If it's installed in a subfolder (not as a subdomain) then you have to use the robots.txt in your root:

Disallow: /subfolder/image.php

You can't use a second robots.txt in the subfolder because you can't submit a "subfolder" in the Google Webmaster Tools.

oh...i see...but theres something you say i dont understand...

you can't submit a "subfolder" in the Google Webmaster Tools~~

I submited the subfolder to google webmaster tools and it has acepted.I describe what i did.
created webmaster account,inserted www.mydomain.com to the account.Verified the website with google.html file.After i registered wwww.mydomain.co.uk/shop and it was accepted.i also verified the subfolder /shop.
I did this more for the fact i was finding difficult to send only 1 sitemap xml to googles including two independent scripts(other cms plus cs cart).So i registered them independent,so i could use cs cart addon xml sitemap from SnoRocket and the addon from the other cms script.
Is that makes sense???:confused:

#75246 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 22 March 2010 - 06:53 PM in SEO

Add:

Disallow: /image.php

this is a copy of my robots.txt

User-agent: *
Disallow: /classes/
Disallow: /images/
Disallow: /skins/
Disallow: /payments/
Disallow: /image.php
Disallow: /admin.php
Disallow: /store_closed.html
Sitemap: http://www.funky-she...hop/sitemap.xml

its the default text that comes with cs.As you see,image.php,is already disallow.How can it be....
The only reason for this,maybe,is that cs cart is installed in a sub folder.Theres another cms script in the root of the domain,wich has an robots.txt also.I do not know if is correct to have 2 robots.txt,one for the root folder,and another for the cs cart subfolder.Or if i should have 1 robots.txt in the root folder of the domain with this:
Disallow: /shop/image.php
What do you think?:rolleyes:

#75223 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 22 March 2010 - 04:07 PM in SEO

I have SEO ADDON running,so i will use that.Thanks Tool,Indy and Jesse.This forum is really great and im really happy to have choosen CS cart:mrgreen:

#75107 anchor text inside category description

Posted by gabrieluk on 21 March 2010 - 03:23 AM in SEO

hi,
i want to insert some internal links from page a and b to page c.page a would be the home page,page b would be green widget.html,and page c,the red widget.html

i want to insert an anchor text in page a and b but what i dont really know,in a seo perspective,is if a should insert in page c an anchor <p><a name="red_widgets"></a></p>

and use anchor text in page a and b pointing to the anchor

or should i just point this anchor text links to the url of the page c itself.i dont know if i need the anchor in page c

do you understand?:rolleyes:

#75105 .png and .gif problem ie7

Posted by gabrieluk on 21 March 2010 - 02:52 AM in Off-Topic/General Chat

I'm using IE8 so I can't test it however, trying to make IE7 work is going to be an effort in itself sorry.

well,25 % of the sites traffic goes with ie 7,so thats the worry.
And i dont indy how can you see the images the same with ie 7 and ff3,with ie7 you see the logo is terrible missing pieces all over the borders..cant you see that?

#75103 thunbnail image

Posted by gabrieluk on 21 March 2010 - 02:15 AM in General Questions

i got it.the thunb created in the category page is automatically created when updating from a csv file

#75102 help with index of wrong pages

Posted by gabrieluk on 21 March 2010 - 01:43 AM in SEO

hi,
would you know how to dissalow the links in the global configurations,such as costumer login,the breadcrumbs(apart sitemap) like the promotions link and affiliates...I notice that internal searches in the shop are being indexed,i do not know if thats good...problably not.
also,can you tell me difference between dissalow and no index?
thanks again