DawnG's Content

There have been 37 items by DawnG (Search limited from 22-Jun 20)

Sort by                Order  

#195865 Cloning

Posted by DawnG on 31 October 2014 - 11:06 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

My products have several options and it is just soooooooooooo much easier to clone a similar item and make any changes....or so I thought. But I am running into a very frustrating situation where every couple of clones, the cart breaks. You can't go to any front end category....it just sits and spins until I disable that product. Once I disable the last cloned product the cart works fine.

The first time it did this, I was so stumped....and my host emailed me and asked if I was having trouble with the cart (he knew I was getting it prepared for going live shortly)....and I said YES!! Both categories I have this new product listed in won't work at all! But an hour or so later I thought I had it figured out. I had deleted a category and added another without saving inbetween. Never had to do that in the older version I have now. Once I went back and saved after ever deletion and addition, it worked fine. Until the other day that is. Ran into the very same problem only this time it was the global options that killed the cart. Again I thought it was a add/delete and immediate save situation.

Until just NOW.....nothing added or deleted....but it is broken again. This is getting VERY frustrating and I have to go back and add from scratch when this happens. If this is the way it is meant to run then I won't go live until next summer!!

Anyone else running into this???????????

#194532 Banners In Sidebox

Posted by DawnG on 18 October 2014 - 11:25 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I was able to get a block added on the left for the banners on the category pages (not quite sure how since I tried so many things) but there appears to be no way to add a grid or block to those pages on the right of the main content. I wanted these banners on the right as they are now on my old site....but I cannot add a grid. I went into widget mode and got one added right where I wanted it but it does not appear on the pages at all. *sigh*

Any suggestions??

#194531 Banners In Sidebox

Posted by DawnG on 18 October 2014 - 10:49 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

In Responsive design, I put a couple small banners in a sidebox on both product and category pages. On the product page it works fine, but on the category pages, it stretches the banners so they are way too big and obnoxious. Anyone else seeing this? I wanted the same banners on both....

Thanks for any help :)

#193767 Subcategories Disappear

Posted by DawnG on 09 October 2014 - 12:35 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

It had something to do with that one product. Deleted it and then the categories were visible again. Weird weird!

#193564 Subcategories Disappear

Posted by DawnG on 07 October 2014 - 11:42 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I am working on a test site, which is just my existing site but new version of cs cart. I am setting up this new cart exactly like the old one with identical category and product urls.

Everything was working fine until just now. I added a product that would be listed under 2 subcategories. I make custom special occasion cake toppers. The one I just added would be listed under both "Humorous" and "Figurine". Now neither subcategory will work!! The humorous one will just sit and spin its wheels and go nowhere. The figurine subcategory will automatically drop me on my main site home page as if there was no such page on the test site. I also cannot even find the new product in question...

http://www.affection...com/2014cscart/

These subcategories can be found under Cake Toppers - 4th & 5th one down

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I can't imagine what happened *scratches head*

#192618 Skip Payment Checkbox

Posted by DawnG on 22 September 2014 - 12:12 AM in Store Design & Templates

You will only see this checkbox if you are logged in as admin. Normal customers want see the checkbox.

Ok that is wonderful news.....thank you :) It had me concerned :)

#192577 Skip Payment Checkbox

Posted by DawnG on 20 September 2014 - 04:07 PM in Store Design & Templates

This is something new and I have no idea what it does or how to disable it. During checkout (testing now), on the billing options page, there is a box that says "skip payment". I checked that box, tried to submit order, and it immediately let me know I had to fill in credit card info. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this is? I cannot find any reference in the knowledge base.....

#192543 Top Banner

Posted by DawnG on 19 September 2014 - 08:07 PM in Store Design & Templates

Try to change the header background in the Theme Editor. As for the extra line, it seems there is the empty grid without any blocks. Please check it in the block manager.

Thanks so very much :) I did find that empty grid....and without thinking I did delete it....which now I wish I had kept it so I could add a horizontal rule between the main content and the links below. I tried adding a grid and a block below the main content....and a horizontal rule just will not show up. I tried adding black as the color and a height thickness.....no luck *sigh*

Also I cannot find anywhere to get rid of those red blocks in the header. I changed the header area color and added a pattern to the body....but the red blocks are still there. If I change the size of the top menu block, they get longer or move to compensate. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. I know this cart is far better than the old versions, but it is so advanced for those of us who aren't fluent in tech talk :(

#192474 Top Banner

Posted by DawnG on 18 September 2014 - 05:57 PM in Store Design & Templates

You are welcome! Unfortunately, your latest request is not quite clear. Please provide us with the screenshots.

If you click on the link in my post above it will take you to the test home page. You will see the red boxes on each side of the header area and the extra wide horizontal line near the bottom.

Thanks so very much for your help

#192417 Top Banner

Posted by DawnG on 17 September 2014 - 03:47 PM in Store Design & Templates

You can try to increased the size of the grid with logo in the store-front. Please check the Header section:

http://demo.cs-cart....er.manage&sl=en

Logo (Grid 5)
Search (Grid 6)
Cart content (Grid 5)

Try the following configuration:

Logo (Grid 7)
Search (Grid 5)
Cart content (Grid 4)

It took me quite a while to figure all that out....but I did it :) :) Thank you thank you :)

Only one more question...for now :) How do I eliminate the old color boxes next to the menu at the top and adjust the line lengths near the bottom. They are way too long and banked to the left. Can't find any box or grid for these:
http://affectionatel...com/2014cscart/

Thank you ever so much for helping save my sanity :)

#192405 Top Banner

Posted by DawnG on 17 September 2014 - 01:16 PM in Store Design & Templates

Thanks for the quick responses :) I have to learn to navigate this visual editor....never had it before and it will take a bit of getting used to :) I was able to change the size of the logo, but of course it is limited to available space. I know changing all that is WAY too involved for my limited knowledge. I was pretty good at figuring out the old carts but this one is a bit over my head :confused:

#192285 Top Banner

Posted by DawnG on 15 September 2014 - 11:20 PM in Store Design & Templates

I looked for other posts on this matter, and they are all quite old. I am using the current version of responsive and of course need to change our company banner at the top. I did get our banner to show up, but it's tiny. There are not the usual templates as in older version so I just cannot find the place to change the dimension allowed. I went into styles.less and changed 160 & 100 to the size banner I uploaded but nothing changed so I put all the original dimensions back.

Looked in languages and everywhere I could think of but cannot find where to change this:
<title>Shopping Cart Software &amp; Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart</title>

Thanks sooooooooooooo much in advance for any help :)

Dawn

#191563 Huge Product Thumbnails

Posted by DawnG on 05 September 2014 - 04:08 PM in Store Design & Templates

You are welcome! Enjoy your weekend!

You too!! I will be spending most of it working on this cart....and you made it so much easier :wub:

#191552 Huge Product Thumbnails

Posted by DawnG on 05 September 2014 - 12:47 PM in Store Design & Templates

Try to set Product details page thumbnail height equal to Product details page thumbnail width

http://demo.cs-cart....n_id=Thumbnails

Much much better.....thank you thank you thank you :grin: Never had to fill that in before :)

#191517 Bug In Upper Right Corner

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 10:37 PM in Store Design & Templates

if you are getting a bug on your customer pages AFTER you have closed and re-opened a new browser then as ecomm said, you have define('DEBUG_MODE', true) somewhere in your config or a 3rd party addon you've installed.

I don't have any 3rd party addon installed....not yet anyway. He mentioned config.php but I just checked for this string in 'config.local and found it. Commented it out in local and now it's gone *whew*

Thanks for pursuing this and giving me a hint of where I needed to look :)

#191514 Huge Product Thumbnails

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 10:16 PM in Store Design & Templates

Please forgive me everyone for the barrage of questions and problems :oops: I searched for other posts with no luck, and I have nowhere else to turn for running into situations I don't know how to fix.

I just added a product with quite a large image and expected to see a smaller thumbnail with the hover-over showing the large image....but it has reacted the complete opposite. The thumbnail is huge and the hover shows the smaller image.

What can I do ? :confused:

http://affectionatel...nd-chalice.html

#191512 Bug In Upper Right Corner

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 10:05 PM in Store Design & Templates

I can't find any other reference to it....but then again I am not sure where to look. Who would be the 'root' admin? I am the only one who is registered as an admin.

#191498 Bug In Upper Right Corner

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 06:02 PM in Store Design & Templates

In this case, you can close the debugger using the following link:
http://[YOUR_STORE].com/index.php?dispatch=debugger.quit&redirect_url=index.php

I hope this will help.

Until the new cart goes live i have it in a subdirectory and put it in like this:
http://[my_STORE].com/subdirectory/index.php?dispatch=debugger.quit&redirect_url=index.php

Even running the clear cache in admin, it is still there :( What did I do wrong?

#191490 Bug In Upper Right Corner

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 03:51 PM in Store Design & Templates

I just checked and found what I think is it being already commented out....but not quite sure:

//Uncomment to enable the developer tools: debugger, PHP and SQL loggers, etc.
//define('DEBUG_MODE', true);

#191489 Bug In Upper Right Corner

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 03:46 PM in Store Design & Templates

Hello,

It is a built-in debugger:
http://docs.cs-cart....s/debugger.html

Check your config.php file for the following line of code:

define('DEBUG_MODE', true);
and comment it out.

Ah-ha.....interesting......too bad I don't know how to use it :) Thanks for the fix :)

#191472 Bug In Upper Right Corner

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 01:16 PM in Store Design & Templates

Is there a setting I missed to have that bug appear in the upper right hand corner of the storefront? I am still putting the site together to go live in a month or so, but I don't think it should be there :)

#191464 Product Tabs

Posted by DawnG on 04 September 2014 - 12:49 PM in Store Design & Templates

Thanks so much....I will check it out :)

#191386 Product Tabs

Posted by DawnG on 03 September 2014 - 03:27 PM in Store Design & Templates

So sorry......found the little link and think I can do it *embarrassed*

In the older versions there were several product tabs besides the product description, including send email to a friend and one that allowed you to put in other suggested items. Neither are allowable in this current version, and none of the ones included pertain to my store.

How can I add a tab such as "Other Accessories" where I can insert coordinating items? I am assuming the send to friend option caused a lot of grief for most as it did for me a while back. Had to shut it off for a while to stop the barrage of ping back junk mail, but then put it back on again with no issues.

Thanks SO much in advance for any suggestions :)

#191326 Testimonials Block

Posted by DawnG on 02 September 2014 - 08:59 PM in Store Design & Templates

I truly appreciate your time and help.....more than you could know :wub:

#191310 Testimonials Block

Posted by DawnG on 02 September 2014 - 04:11 PM in Store Design & Templates

I am on the floor kissing your feet....thank you thank you both :grin: It looks much better :)

There are so many new features in this cart over the 2.0.15 I am presently using. I hope I remember how to use these :idea: