timst's Content

There have been 4 items by timst (Search limited from 08-May 20)

Sort by                Order  

#191416 Is the Google structured data/rich snippets output supposed to strip out HTML...

Posted by timst on 04 September 2014 - 03:24 AM in Configuration

Is the Google structured data/rich snippets output supposed to strip out HTML from the product description?
I tested a page from my site on the Google structure data testing page, and it is displaying the HTML from the product description.
The testing tool is here: http://www.google.co...ls/richsnippets
When I choose the examples button>products with many offers (in order to get an example with a description field) it shows plain text under the description. Just curious if this feature needs more work in order to satisfy the requirements for best results

#188377 Video Of How Ebay Addon Works?

Posted by timst on 28 July 2014 - 10:26 PM in General Questions

I was just about to purchase this add on, and decided to check in the forum to see what kind of experiences/feedback others had.
Is it safe to say that I should hold off on this based on the above feedback, or is it now working with orders,inventory, pricing, etc syncing correctly?

#169977 Store import from 3.0.6 to 4.0.2 fails help!

Posted by timst on 18 October 2013 - 05:46 PM in Installation & Upgrade

After trying everything from increasing the memory limit in config.local, increasing my servers limits to more than it should be, and applying their general.php an mysqli.php files it still fails. I've tried deleting all statistics and logs from the old 3.0.6 install, disabling and removing the SEO addon(including emptying the db table for them) I've come to the conclusion that this is just not going to work for me. Very frustrating! My old 3.0.6 has a DB size of 320mb, which isn't that big as far as databases go. The backup part of the import runs, and then it hangs when trying to import the data. Giving up for now, this isn't working. Are there only a few that have this issue? Is the import just not made for more than 1000 products?

#169185 CS-Cart 4.0.2 Released: Store Import, CDN Support, Widget Mode, More

Posted by timst on 04 October 2013 - 03:02 PM in News and Announcements

When trying to install a fresh copy, I get to the point where I put all the database credentials in, and the rest of the info on the page, but when I click on install.. the progress window comes up for a few seconds like it is going to start installation, but then goes away again, without completing or any error messages. I've tried on both IE and Firefox. Anyone else dealt with this, and if so, is there something I'm doing wrong, or a misconfiguration? An error message would really be helpful.