jain1980's Content

There have been 19 items by jain1980 (Search limited from 16-Jul 18)

Sort by                Order  

#317609 Changing Order Status Causes Server To Reach Cpu Limits

Posted by jain1980 on 10 July 2019 - 04:22 PM in General Questions

Whenever we change the order status to any status, the site gets really slowed down and the CPU usage touch the highest limits, sometimes even crashing the server. It takes lot of time for the status to change, almost 5-6 seconds. 

We are on a Digital Ocean VPS with 16 GB Ram and 4 core CPU with SSD drive.

What could be the issue? 

#314577 Unable To Change Settings For Certain Shipping Methods

Posted by jain1980 on 20 April 2019 - 07:07 AM in General Questions

We are trying to change shipping settings for a certain shipping method on our cs-cart backend but it results in the "errorAccess denied: Possible CSRF attack" message.

Same thing works for some shipping methods but doesn't work for some. We have tried the anti_csrf setting to false, increasing the max_input_vars to 2000 but no luck. We are getting the same error.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

#314552 Onepage Checkout Or Multi-Page Checkout?

Posted by jain1980 on 19 April 2019 - 12:32 PM in General Questions

Just wondering what is everyone using. Onepage Checkout or Multi-page Checkout? Which one works for you and why?

#306427 Sending Emails Over Sendgrid,mailjet

Posted by jain1980 on 11 September 2018 - 01:51 PM in Configuration

How do you setup Sendgrid to be used with cs-cart? 

#306426 SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Posted by jain1980 on 11 September 2018 - 01:49 PM in General Questions

We run all our carts through Sendgrid now to avoid things like this. Best $9/month you'll spend on a headache.

How do you setup Sendgrid to be used with cs-cart? I have seen a manual that you had created but that doesn't talk about user name, api key etc.

#305695 Skills Required By A Cs-Cart Backend Developer

Posted by jain1980 on 22 August 2018 - 10:31 AM in General Questions

I would love to avail your services but the timezones are completely opposite. I am based in India.  :-( This will be very difficult for communication. 

Understand your frustration.  But finding good help that is reliable and experienced in cs-cart as an in-house developer is hard to find and not cheap.

You might want to give me a try before you decide to take that plunge.  Not sure of where you're based, but I'm in Portland Oregon.  Looks like we've been working with cs-cart for close to the same amount of time.  I take commitments (to cost quotes and time commitments) seriously because I too run a business and expect the same from my vendors.

#305316 Skills Required By A Cs-Cart Backend Developer

Posted by jain1980 on 14 August 2018 - 04:51 PM in General Questions

In the company..We are tired with outsourcing now..No control over time lines, quality and cost...Recently we have had a very bad experience with a dev team that we have started thinking about employing developers in the company now..

Hello.

Remote work ? Is it in the company ?

Best regards

Robert.

#305310 Skills Required By A Cs-Cart Backend Developer

Posted by jain1980 on 14 August 2018 - 02:06 PM in General Questions

thanks for your valuable inputs...We are looking for a developer to work in our team and wanted to post an ad locally (Chennai, India)..

PHP, MySQL, Smarty.

For PHP, your developer should be versed in software packages based on Composer and comfortable working in an OOP environment.

Having reasonable server administration skills is also a plus.

The above is assuming you are either looking for a developer and want to qualify them, or you are looking for what skills you need to do it yourself.

#305309 Skills Required By A Cs-Cart Backend Developer

Posted by jain1980 on 14 August 2018 - 02:05 PM in General Questions

I am not trying to learn the coding..We are actually posting an ad for a cs-cart developer locally to work in our team..

Hello.

You need to know the basics then practice, practice, practice and continuous learning.

Best regards

Robert.

#305191 Skills Required By A Cs-Cart Backend Developer

Posted by jain1980 on 12 August 2018 - 08:48 AM in General Questions

Just wondering what are the bare minimum skills a CS-Cart backend developer must require to be able to handle the backend coding and the LAMP server environment? 

#305190 Why Cs Cart Lacks Of Good Looking (Modern) Themes

Posted by jain1980 on 12 August 2018 - 08:38 AM in Why CS-Cart

Just 2 cent comment, and I've stated this for 10 years here....

Don't fool yourself into thinking your site is either your main marketing tool or your sales tool.  You should have people ready to purchase from other marketing methods by the time they reach your site.  It is a closing tool (get their commitment fast and easy).

The role of your site is to make the buying experience as pain-free as possible and to up sell other products/accessories/services for sale.  I.e. tell them (or show them) what they're buying and why they should buy it from you. Then make that process as easy as possible.

The vast majority of cs-cart merchants are never going to compete with Amazon so you better figure out what makes you different to your customers if you sell the same products.  The customer should be ready to buy when they hit your site.  You are never going to become the premier online shopping experience, so focus on getting the customer fulfilled in as few clicks as possible without overwhelming them with information.

Look at your own buying habits.  How do you find what you're looking for?  What makes you buy from example.com versus otherexample.com?  Do you know anything about who you're buying from?  Or are you judging the book by its cover?  Once customers are at your site, can you incent them in any way to buy more products/services than they intended? (promotions, discounts, free-shipping, BOGO, etc.).  Can you offer them any incentive during checkout summary to return to your site and buy from you again?

Marketing priorities are generally (product/service dependent):

1) Word of mouth

2) Organic search

3) Email marketing

4) Shopping aggregators

Customers are most sensitive to (decreasing priority)

1) total cost including shipping

2) product cost

3) shipping cost

4) Any response from any customer service request

5) Assumptions about customer service including return policies, etc.

6) Ease of navigation on the site

7) Ease of checkout (clarity, double-entry, automation, payment methods)

8) Impression of site security

Other than that, it's all easy! :-)

You nailed it....Summed up so well with absolutely no BS...Your contribution to this community is invaluable...

#304411 Why Cs Cart Lacks Of Good Looking (Modern) Themes

Posted by jain1980 on 24 July 2018 - 03:10 PM in Why CS-Cart

With the kind of ethics they have, they never would be the a top selling cart. 

I love cs-cart for its light weight and minimal usage of resources but lack of local developers available. Today I posted a question in the General Forums asking for an alternative to cs-cart which has local developer support and I listed some alternatives which has local developers available and requested for some suggestions. The thread was deleted in a few hours..Now I am taking a screenshot and if they do it again, I will have the screenshot of what I am posting it here...

#304336 What Should A Cs-Cart Front End Developer Know?

Posted by jain1980 on 23 July 2018 - 05:44 PM in General Questions

We are putting up an job ad for a cs-cart front developer that we require in our team. 

What should a cs-cart front end developer know so that we can list those requirements?

#304296 View And Edit Page Source

Posted by jain1980 on 23 July 2018 - 06:26 AM in General Questions

How do you add some tracking code on the checkout page in the <head> tag?

#303976 Why Cs Cart Lacks Of Good Looking (Modern) Themes

Posted by jain1980 on 13 July 2018 - 05:34 PM in Why CS-Cart

Can you let us know what shopping carts as even we would like to move on to something as lightweight as cs-cart but also has a lot of developers available easily....

Several of my established cs-cart clients are moving on to other shopping carts. I guess it’s time to start learning a new one. Cs-cart was a good solution over the last 10 years. I am not sure I can say that anymore.

#303975 Why Cs Cart Lacks Of Good Looking (Modern) Themes

Posted by jain1980 on 13 July 2018 - 05:32 PM in Why CS-Cart

lol...by the time cs-cart will do this, the world would have moved on to Bootstrap 6 or something higher....

Well, they are planning everything for CS-Cart 5 (Post CSS, Bootstrap 5, etc.) and not updating the current release candidate. Which is both a good and bad thing.

#303974 Why Cs Cart Lacks Of Good Looking (Modern) Themes

Posted by jain1980 on 13 July 2018 - 05:31 PM in Why CS-Cart

Less than 1% market share for cs-cart in Ecommerce market.

Which could have been a lot higher if they had a team which was proactive and looked in the future and stayed ahead of the curve...what they are doing now is following a path laid by other platforms...what a waste of a great platform...

#303919 Why Cs Cart Lacks Of Good Looking (Modern) Themes

Posted by jain1980 on 12 July 2018 - 03:04 PM in Why CS-Cart

How will you get developers to create cs-cart themes when cs-cart is still using bootstrap v2.3 but the world has moved on to bootstrap 4 and above.

#303858 Is Cloudflare Recommended?

Posted by jain1980 on 11 July 2018 - 05:33 PM in General Questions

Is Cloudflare recommended for use to speed up website and increase security? Because I have seen many posts in this forum that order don't get placed successfully and also conversions go down? Is that true?