tbirnseth's Content

There have been 361 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 18-Sep 20)

Sort by                Order  

#342405 How Do You Add A Product To A Cart Through The Api?

Posted by tbirnseth on 14 September 2021 - 06:35 PM in General Questions

I have no idea what the specification of your inventory management system is for their API.

It's a development project specific to your targeted system.

#342404 Give Vendor Selective Permission To View A Document

Posted by tbirnseth on 14 September 2021 - 06:33 PM in Developers' Corner

@tbirnseth thanks for the help so far :-)

Oke. I have managed to do what I wanted. I have one last question though about payouts. Why is the order_id in the vendor_payouts sql table 0? Shouldn't it correspond to an actual order from the orders sql table? I'd like to use that in order to determine if a user has access to the order. The only way I can tell that a payout is linked to a order is by the comment... which is not that good.

Sorry, I have no idea.  All entries in my development DB with order_id == 0 are for payouts.

#342324 Give Vendor Selective Permission To View A Document

Posted by tbirnseth on 09 September 2021 - 04:43 PM in Developers' Corner

Company_id zero is for the merchant.  I.e. non-vendor actions.  All vendors are assigned a company_id.  So when the runtime.company_id is zero, you are running in the context of the store admin. When it's not, you're running in the context of the vendor.

In the frontend, everything is "running" as company_id zero and products have a company_id related to a vendor and that's what determines how orders are split.

#342290 How Do You Add A Product To A Cart Through The Api?

Posted by tbirnseth on 08 September 2021 - 07:09 PM in General Questions

You'll have to do two things:

1 - as you've done, create some form of inventory synchronization that runs at a frequency you want (assuming cs-cart is the slave and your inventory system is the master).

2 - Create a post controller to update your inventory system in real-time when an order is created debiting the products that were sold.  Your inventory system must support increment/decrement versus full amount to be successful.

#342288 Multivendor New Taxing Laws For Marketplace

Posted by tbirnseth on 08 September 2021 - 06:26 PM in General Questions

Then you will have to do custom calculation for the commission to deduct the tax on the commission from the vendor's payout.

You can try to report this as a defect to cs-cart and you can try to find a developer that will do the work for you.  The raw calculation is not difficult, but presenting the detail to the vendor so they can see it is cumbersome.

#342287 Give Vendor Selective Permission To View A Document

Posted by tbirnseth on 08 September 2021 - 06:21 PM in Developers' Corner

Your query for the documents should cover this.  I'd do something like the following in your controller that provides the data to your template.:

$company_condition = '';
if( $company_id = Registry::get('runtime.company_id') )
  $company_condition = "AND company_id=$company_id";

$sql = "SELECT your select criteria here WHERE 1 $company_condition"

#342158 Give Vendor Selective Permission To View A Document

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 September 2021 - 07:24 PM in Developers' Corner

Are you stating that when a vendor runs your custom 'mode' to show the document, that they see documents from other vendors?

#342157 Stripe Connect For Vendors

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 September 2021 - 07:20 PM in Why CS-Cart

What do yo do when you have an order from multiple vendors and only one of them is a strip user?

Seems like it would make most sense to only have one credit card payment method and that being Stripe.

#342156 Syncing Stock Levels With Vendors' Shops

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 September 2021 - 07:16 PM in General Questions

It would vary by vendor.  I.e. you'd need to be able to connect to their store and decrement/increment/sync their inventory.  If you have vendors with 10 different platforms for their shops, then you're going to need 10 separate integrations.  Not an easy problem.

The ideal situation (not sure if it exists or not) is a central inventory repository that is the master inventory for stores.  Then each site  will have once integration to modify inventory.  There is probably an inventory SAS out there somewhere....

#342155 Any Body Have An Idea How To Fix This Sql Error?

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 September 2021 - 07:12 PM in General Questions

Some addon (or core change) is not properly formatting their addtion to the SQL statement:

WHERE 1=1AND products.product_id NOT IN('')

Should be

WHERE 1 AND products.product_id NOT IN('')

I would search your addons directory for that syntax, then disable the addon that's associated with it.

grep -R app/addons "AND products.product_id NOT IN('')"

#342154 Cs Cart Smtp Email Sending From Local Servers Ip

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 September 2021 - 07:05 PM in Configuration

Hi,

Thanks for the reponse.

On the server side the emails are correctly setup to work off Gmails G-Suite server. We receive and send mail only through Gmail.

The issue I am having is that CS Cart seems to be sending via PHP mail instead of through the given SMTP details.

Your statements are contradictory.  You can't both have emails going to G-suite AND PHP Mailer.  What @chris was trying to say is that in your DOMAIN, if you setup an SPF record properly then the IP in the email will match what's in the SPF and the providers will accept your emails from G-suite.

#342153 Show Message On Product, Only For Users Not Logged In.

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 September 2021 - 07:00 PM in Configuration

You would need to utilize a hook for the position you want it with content similar to:

{if !$auth.user_id}
  your html content here
{/if}

Suggest you put your hook in the my_changes addon.

#341902 Search "for" Vendors!

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 August 2021 - 06:54 PM in General Questions

You would need to extend the search functionality to look explicitly for a match within company names.  If you are wanting this to be an exclusive search if a match, it ca easily be done in a hook.  If you are wanting it to match a company as well as any product then it can still be done, but the search query would need to be extended to include cscart_companies and so a match on 'company'.

#341555 Changing Our Marketplace Of Add-Ons And Themes

Posted by tbirnseth on 09 August 2021 - 08:39 PM in General Questions

is there  a  addon  that  would   email  reminders  to  abandoned  carts  

Several developers have addons that send email reminders about abandoned carts.  One example is our Auto Mailer addon

#341462 How Do You Add A Product To A Cart Through The Api?

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 August 2021 - 08:04 PM in General Questions

Thank you so much it works !!!

Of course it works! :-)

#341420 How Do You Add A Product To A Cart Through The Api?

Posted by tbirnseth on 04 August 2021 - 07:02 PM in General Questions

You should install it as app/addons/my_changes/controllers/frontend/checkout.pre.php

To use a pre/post controller module, you install it within a addon.  controllers/filename will get you no where.  It should be theme independent since there is no real front-end components.  You sould invoke it (as documented in the script itself) as ?dipatch=checkout.remote_add.[product code]&[your list of options]

#341368 Multivendor New Taxing Laws For Marketplace

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 August 2021 - 08:39 PM in General Questions

Hello, 

As per the new marketplace rules in North America, marketplace owners must charge tax on the commission because commission acts as an income for marketplace owners. eBay, Amazon, Etsy have alll started charging tax on the commission depending on which province you are in. 

Is there any such feature in Multivendor?

The tax will then be withheld from the Vendor's commission and paid by the Merchant when the Merchant has NEXUS in that state.  If not, it will be free money to the Merchant.  How is the vendor going to report their taxable revenue to their state when the tax has already been withheld by the Merchant?

Seems like a law written for the big players.  Again the small players will get screwed.

#341367 Multivendor New Taxing Laws For Marketplace

Posted by tbirnseth on 02 August 2021 - 08:36 PM in General Questions

New regulations already passed by the majority of states require online marketplace owners and operators to collect and remit sales taxes on behalf of their sellers. Below is a walkthrough of the new responsibilities in the form of frequently asked questions and answers (FAQ).

Not seeing any "below"

#341330 How To Refresh Addon Missing Text?

Posted by tbirnseth on 30 July 2021 - 07:10 PM in General Questions

I think we're talking about 2 different things..  The "Refresh" option will reload language variables and verffy a number of things in addon.xml.  I wor't re-reun queries nor will it execute any of the 'install' items.  I believe the OP's issue was that some of the settings text (language variables from addon.po file) were missing.

#341235 Warehouses Addon (Beta) - Aka Stores & Pickup Points

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2021 - 06:54 PM in Upcoming features

I have a client that uses it extensively.  While I'm not sure of how others use it, it seems to be a bit overkill for inventory given that it lives on top of the store locator and there are no built-in transfer mechanisms nor is there any accounting for different costs of items in different warehouses. 

There are a lot of subtleties that don't seem to work properly (I.e. returns to inventory).  To be used properly, a 'location' needs to be selected first so that products can be displayed based on inventory at that location.  However, that doesn't seem to be a built-in philosophy.  Hence customers can buy products where there's insufficient inventory to cover the amounts meaning shipment from multiple warehouses (most likely feasible, but costly, for most merchants).  They seem to assume that all products are shipped and can be easily procured from one location to another or multiple shipments based on location which quickly become cost prohibitive. . 

My client deals in products that can't be shipped via commercial carriers so everything is "store pickup" and there are many "tent locations" in their season.  Hence the model falls apart.  We've had to extend it to recognize whether inventory can be satisfied from a single location by forcing the customer to choose their pickup location before seeing available products.

Summary: like many cs-cart addons, it's probably valuable if your business model matches what they originally developed for (most likely built for one client and made available as an addon).  But beware of lots of corner-cases that simply don't work as you'd expect.  None of the customizations are for look/feel, they are functional.

#341086 Theme Modifications

Posted by tbirnseth on 20 July 2021 - 06:33 PM in General Questions

i needed only to customize a selected div and not the whole file.
is it possible if there is no hooks attatched?

No.  Suggest you contact the theme vendor to ask if they will add it to their standard product or you can add it yourself and then be cognizant when you upgrade the theme to a newer version.  Obviously best to have the vendor adopt your requested change.

#341014 "contact Customer" On Any Order Is Not Sending The Email Notice To Th...

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:57 PM in General Questions

Seems you should submit this to bugtracker....

#341013 Theme Modifications

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:52 PM in General Questions

You should use either the my_changes addon or create a new one.

If there are no hooks in the theme file from Vivashop, you can either:

1 - ask them to add the hook so it will appear in future releases of theirs

2 - Use an override.  Copy the file to the override location in your addon and edit away

#341012 Customize Vendor Page For Each Vendor

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:49 PM in General Questions

Is your request to have a different page for each vendor or to have customizations that  apply to all?

If the latter, then you can use hooks and overrides to add/change content.  If you're not familiar with these terms, then you will need to specify your needs and hire a developer.

#341011 How To Refresh Addon Missing Text?

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:47 PM in General Questions

You can uninstall/reinstall it (but any accumulated data may be lost).  Or you can have 'DEVELOPMENT' defined and then you should see a 'Refresh' option available on the Addon status drop-down.