tbirnseth's Content

There have been 459 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 23-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#341086 Theme Modifications

Posted by tbirnseth on 20 July 2021 - 06:33 PM in General Questions

i needed only to customize a selected div and not the whole file.
is it possible if there is no hooks attatched?

No.  Suggest you contact the theme vendor to ask if they will add it to their standard product or you can add it yourself and then be cognizant when you upgrade the theme to a newer version.  Obviously best to have the vendor adopt your requested change.

#341014 "contact Customer" On Any Order Is Not Sending The Email Notice To Th...

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:57 PM in General Questions

Seems you should submit this to bugtracker....

#341013 Theme Modifications

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:52 PM in General Questions

You should use either the my_changes addon or create a new one.

If there are no hooks in the theme file from Vivashop, you can either:

1 - ask them to add the hook so it will appear in future releases of theirs

2 - Use an override.  Copy the file to the override location in your addon and edit away

#341012 Customize Vendor Page For Each Vendor

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:49 PM in General Questions

Is your request to have a different page for each vendor or to have customizations that  apply to all?

If the latter, then you can use hooks and overrides to add/change content.  If you're not familiar with these terms, then you will need to specify your needs and hire a developer.

#341011 How To Refresh Addon Missing Text?

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:47 PM in General Questions

You can uninstall/reinstall it (but any accumulated data may be lost).  Or you can have 'DEVELOPMENT' defined and then you should see a 'Refresh' option available on the Addon status drop-down.

#341010 How Can We Improve Cs-Cart?

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 July 2021 - 06:37 PM in General Questions

Our EZ Admin Helper addon has cost based pricing (or simply cost tracking) as just one of the many enhancements it provides.  Adding a Supplier product code is not a big deal. The issue becomes getting it available via the API, integrated into the newer email system, and all the other nuanced places where it might be needed.  And then there's the work to get a new field to work with Variations and/or Common Products.

If you want further extensions, contact me via the Get A Quote link in my signature and specify your additional needs.

#340935 Trying To Amend Product Codes

Posted by tbirnseth on 14 July 2021 - 06:54 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I have a "pre import" filter that will change product codes if the product_id is specified. Feel free to contact me via my signature if you're interested....

The way it works is that you use the same import file you normally do except you import via a special menu item.  It only utilizes the product_code and product_id columns.  If a product_code for a product_id is different than what's in the DB, it updates the product_code to be that specified in the import file.

You then do you normal import and it uses the new product_code without issue.  Note that it does NOT address any duplication issues you might inject from your data.

#340934 Paid Request: Fix Mailchimp Integration

Posted by tbirnseth on 14 July 2021 - 06:46 PM in Third-Party Services

Have you submitted to bugtracker?  My gut would say it's a theme issue versus a backend issue.  But since they break things randomly at every release, could be yet another inadvertent defect injected into a release.

#340910 Product Code - Can They Be Updated With A Product Import?

Posted by tbirnseth on 13 July 2021 - 07:04 PM in General Questions

No reason it shouldn't work on any V4 version of cs-cart or MVE that I can think of.

#340759 Is That Normal That Energo Themes Collecting Our Cscart Store License Number?

Posted by tbirnseth on 07 July 2021 - 06:24 PM in General Questions

I'm going to assume they use your cs-cart license to reference their own internal licensing.  This is a guess since they have not responded to your post.

#340661 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 07:10 PM in Developers' Corner

Do you have mail logging enabled in your logs?  Doesn't look like it.

The thing to check is if mail is sent upon the initial order status change to 'P' via the payment processing.  If so, and not received, then that gives you something to investigate.  If not, then something is preventing notification.

And you are talking customer generated orders, correct?  Not orders generated in admin.

#340657 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:42 PM in Developers' Corner

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with details of that specific payment processor.  Given it sets the proper status, and changing to/from that status does generate notification that you either have a setting or 3rd party addon/modification that is preventing the notifications from being sent.

Does your Administration/Log indicate that the email has been sent?

Given this is a distributed payment method, you might want to save some time and just contact Helpdesk and have them investigate it for you.

#340655 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:31 PM in Developers' Corner

What is your payment processor?  Is the status changed when payment is received to 'P' (Paid, Processed, etc.)?  Or do you have to change it manually?

#340653 Paypal Pro Authorize But Not Capture Payment

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:25 PM in General Questions

Have you considered using Square?

#340652 Need Changes In Admin Panel

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:24 PM in General Questions

Are you wanting to just change the column name?  Or are you wanting to reference different data?

#340651 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:22 PM in Developers' Corner

That's because it is an internal and hidden status.  I.e. the initial value.  If the order has all it's component parts, then fn_change_order_status() will be called with the appropriate new status and that will (or may) generate notifications.

#340649 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 01 July 2021 - 06:01 PM in Developers' Corner

All order start out as N (incomplete).  If not payment processing they generally go to O (open) and if payment processing either F, D or P (failed, declined, paid/processed).  Don't confuse the language values for the text representations versus the actual status code.

#340634 Invoice Number & Order Id Change To Custom Number

Posted by tbirnseth on 30 June 2021 - 04:21 PM in General Questions

Yes, there are associated tables that use it as a key.  I should have mentioned it in my post....Of course you could change every table that uses a mediumint(8) to an int(11) without issue.

#340608 Invoice Number & Order Id Change To Custom Number

Posted by tbirnseth on 29 June 2021 - 05:22 PM in General Questions

Change the 'type' of order_id from mediumint( 8) to int(11) and it should work for you.  Be sure that it remains as "Unsigned".

Update mediumint 8

Stupid form code keeps changing it to a smiley face.

#339400 Hiding Vendor Menu Items

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 May 2021 - 09:51 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

Anyone know how to hide "Pages" menu from vendors but not the "Blog" menu?

When I try the following code it not only hide pages but also blog menu.

$schema['controllers']['pages']['permissions'] = false; 

See https://forum.cs-car...ndpost&p=333501

#339255 Try Version 4.13.1 Before Release

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 07:08 PM in News and Announcements

All the more reason to stop developing production addons for customers.

#339251 Try Version 4.13.1 Before Release

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 07:00 PM in News and Announcements

That's a pretty long list of template hooks that have been removed....  Guess the basic question is WHY?  Hooks are intended to insulate an addon from changes to the core product.  Removing hooks used to do that kind of defeats that purpose.

#339249 Cdn For {Script Src=""}

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 06:52 PM in Developers' Corner

You should be able to use the {script} tag in that other addon.

#339248 Valid Coupon And "no Such Coupon" Message

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 06:51 PM in General Questions

Can you recreate your problem on the demo site?  If not, you might have a 3rd party addon that is doing something with promotions.

#339247 "see On Amazon" Button

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 May 2021 - 06:50 PM in General Questions

Nothing out of the box, but fairly simple my_changes changes to add optional URL to products table and setting in admin (for non-variations).  Then optionally show the button on customer page if there is a URL associated with the product.