tbirnseth's Content

There have been 540 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 05-Mar 20)

Sort by                Order  

#337294 Sender Name In Notification Email

Posted by tbirnseth on Yesterday, 09:08 PM in Configuration

Or you can just use our EZ Hide Vendor Fields addon that can also modifiy email addresses in email headers and email company content.  The docs are located here.

#337032 Add Product Variation Error 404 Page Not Found

Posted by tbirnseth on 25 February 2021 - 07:53 PM in General Questions

Looks correct to me.  The only thing it could be is a permissions issue for that admin (if they're in an admin group, fix permissions).

#336994 Legal And Tax Information Vendors

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 February 2021 - 07:32 PM in General Questions

Be happy to build you an addon that will track sales by vendor and collect the taxid/seller_type and then generate you a report (CSV) that lists total sales by vendor and their taxid for all or selected seller_type.

As far as your original post related to encryption, this too is possible with an addon to encrypt upon save and to decrypt upon get.   Be best to use a separate encryption key than the standard key hardwired into config.local.php.

Both of these could be created in the same addon.  Feel free to click the get-a-quote link in my signature and we can discuss your needs and I'll give you a quote.

#336993 Add Product Variation Error 404 Page Not Found

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 February 2021 - 07:26 PM in General Questions

That's not the URL of the button that is generating the popup.  Right-click the button and choose inspect and look at the 'href' value in the button.

If you have 3rd party addons installed, suggest you disable them and see if the problem continues.  If so, contact helpdesk.  If not, and things are okay, start re-enabling the addons one-by-one and test the results.  When it fails you'll have found the culprit.  Yes it's time consuming and it's the same process a developer will do to validate your environment. The more addons, the more time.

#336949 Legal And Tax Information Vendors

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 February 2021 - 06:21 AM in General Questions

You do realize not every locality has vat.  Are you looking for a tax_exemption_id for a specific locality?

#336947 Add Product Variation Error 404 Page Not Found

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 February 2021 - 06:16 AM in General Questions

That's a pretty valid URL assuming you have product_id of 3265

#336933 Add Product Variation Error 404 Page Not Found

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 February 2021 - 07:52 PM in General Questions

When you get a 404 error, it would really help to post the URL (everything after your admin url) so we can see what's being requested.

#336876 Product Option Variant Status Export - Csv

Posted by tbirnseth on 22 February 2021 - 07:51 PM in General Questions

Most likely missing from some variants section.  But you should be able to either add it to a function that returns the variant attributes or via the base schema itself if a function isn't used.

But given I didn't even know that option variants had a status, not sure what further help I can be.  Not something I've encountered before.

Good luck.  Sometimes things that seem like they should be simple are most certainly not! :-)

#336874 Cs-Ult - Emails Not Sending To Administrator Email

Posted by tbirnseth on 22 February 2021 - 07:22 PM in Configuration

If you remove all items from these new settings, notifications will work in old way

For now....

#336873 Product Option Variant Status Export - Csv

Posted by tbirnseth on 22 February 2021 - 07:20 PM in General Questions

Looks to me like 'status' should already be there (at least in current version).  You might check yours to see if it's the same as this:

function fn_exim_get_option_attrs()
{
    $export_fields = array(
        'allowed_extensions',
        'inventory',
        'max_file_size',
        'missing_variants_handling',
        'multiupload',
        'required',
        'status'
    );

#336872 Master Products Addon Integration

Posted by tbirnseth on 22 February 2021 - 07:03 PM in Developers' Corner

Has anyone integrated their addon with the relatively new master_products addon in MVE?

I would like to include selected custom fields from an addon (have been added to ?:products) in the vendor available fields and also to have the Addons tab show with the data related to those custom fields.

I'm guessing that I need to add product fields via schemas/master_products/product_data.synch.post.php in my addon.  I.e. something like:

[code=auto:0]

$existing_fields = Type::create(PRODUCT_TYPE_VENDOR_PRODUCT_OFFER)->getFields();

$schema = [
    'products'                      => MainTable::create('products', 'my_field_name', $existing_fields)];
return $schema;

[\code]

Will this in fact create a vendor-specific instance of 'my_field_name' that is unique per vendor?

Or given the master_products seems to be built upon product_variations are symbiotic can it just be done for both product_variations and master_products by using the schemas/product_variations/product_types.post.php schema instead?  I.e. kill both birds with one stone?

#336843 Creating Custom Html Blocks Inside The Main Product Page Specific Placement

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 February 2021 - 07:32 PM in General Questions

You should be able to use a 'post' hook to do what you want (my_changes/hooks/products/qty.post.tpl).  However, some custom themes don't support all the standard hooks provided by cs-cart.  Suggest you work with your theme developer to determine whether the products;qty hook is available or not.  Alternatively you could override the view/products/compoenents/products_qty_discounts.tpl if that file is part of your custom theme.

#336842 How To Make A Field Mandatory In Product Detail Page Tabs

Posted by tbirnseth on 21 February 2021 - 07:24 PM in Hints & Modifications

Right click/inspect that screen and post the comments which is the stack trace and report of the error.  Most likely you have a typo in your Smarty syntax.

#336776 Notification Mail Not Sent

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 06:55 PM in Developers' Corner

Thanks Fotis...  So much to keep up on! :-)

#336775 How I Can Hide / Disable This Fields And Tab In Vendor Account?

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 06:52 PM in General Questions

your request is well beyond the scope of a community forum.  Suffice to say that yes, you can change things to appear differently in the admin/vendor views.  But you would need to either override the pages to change language variable names based on context or ask cs-cart to add a hook (or temporarily add one yourself) to the __() function like

fn_set_hook('lang_vars_pre', $var, $params, $lang_code)

that would allow you to change the value of a language variable if a comparable name existed.  I.e. for 

'customers'

if an complementary name of 'vendor.customers' exists, then you would substitute that value for $var.

This is all just examples, don't rely on the actual values I've referenced.  A better (more unique) naming construct would be better.

#336774 Paypal For Commerce

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 06:41 PM in General Questions

Taxation is based on the rates you setup for "locations".  Each vendor is an 'origin' and the customer is a 'destination'. So taxes are calculated on the destination and shipping is done between origin and destination.  Not sure your above is a valid scenario (but I'm not in EU and am surprised by many things there).  But all the taxes should be based on the customer's location.

Taxjar is great in the US since we tax based on product type, amounts and State, County and City levels.  I.e. in NY City, garmets are not taxed if the item is under like $110.  But if it's over that, it's taxed at 8%.  If you sell auto tires, you have tire taxes at federal level and all jurisdictions down to the city level.  US Taxes MUST be done by something like TaxJar or not done at all to be accurate.

But, given taxes are different EVERYWHERE, it's hard to set accurate rules and exceptions.  I.e. a customer can be 'tax_exempt' but maybe only for one vendor on a site they may not be "tax exempt" for others in the order. Especially if you have a truly worldwide marketplace.

#336773 Paypal Or Stripe Or ?

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 06:34 PM in General Questions

Your last comment was quite interesting and if you do have a better, slightly less expensive model, would like to hear, always open.  

I have thoughts based on experience and interaction with my customers.  But main features would be:

+ escrow type capability (delayed payments)

+ various configurable payment statuses with rules related to those statuses

+ vendor reserves for lost shipping, etc. so merchant doesn't have to fight vendor over non-delivery

+ transaction fees to vendors

+ Ability to "charge" vendor to recover fees/costs.

+ etc....

Square took a product to Beta but then dropped it.  They turned their focus on to their Cash App and the Beta they had was more of a layer on top of the Cash App.  That's why it didn't see light of day because it didn't meet the need.

#336772 Paypal Or Stripe Or ?

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 06:29 PM in General Questions

Braintree (paypal company)

https://marketplace....ource-code.html

I do not use MV, just their regular cc processing. This company has some bad feedack, had some problems with them myself initially, but past few years with them all stable..

This is yet another retired Paypal business...  I don't think you'll find it anymore on paypal.com.

#336743 Paypal For Commerce

Posted by tbirnseth on 18 February 2021 - 12:38 AM in General Questions

Not familiar with them.  But TaxJar is not a payment method, it is a tax api.  It is quite good and accurate, but also quite expensive the way cs-cart does taxation (by product).  So every time an item is added/removed from the cart, it's a tax transaction for each product in the cart and they charge by the transaction.

#336729 Move A Product Between Companies In Mve

Posted by tbirnseth on 17 February 2021 - 05:56 PM in Developers' Corner

I'm trying to do an "product and inventory transfer" within MVE.  The Warehouse addon is installed.  What I do effectively is to clone the product in the originating company via fn_clone_product($original_product_id), then adjust some things like amount=0, product, seo-name, etc. and set the company_Id to the new company and do an fn_update_product($new_product_id).

After that, I do a fn_adjust_product_amount() to increase the product quantity by an amount.  But since this product_id is tied to a warehouse in the old company, it is failing and causing an stopage of the php processing due to an undefined warehouse.

So my question is, what do I need to do to "detach" the cloned product from the warehouse in the original company, then after I change the company_id, attach it to the first warehouse in the new company before calling fn_adjust_product_amount().  So seems I need 2 functions:

my_detach_product_from_warehouse($product_id);
and
my_attach_product_to_warehouse($product_id);

But the Warehouse addon is not documented and digging through the layers of classes to figure it out would take me days.  So hoping someone has some experience with it.  I know cs-cart won't help me.

This is the B2B side of an MVE site so when other sellers purchase from sellers on the platform, we want to offer a "transfer" of the product and the purchased quantity to the new store.

#336728 Paypal Or Stripe Or ?

Posted by tbirnseth on 17 February 2021 - 05:47 PM in General Questions

If you look at history in cs-cart and other platforms, I wouldn't use payPal for anything other than their traditional processing (and that has had many problems) nor for credit card processing.  PayPal has tried at least 3-4 different marketplace payment processing products.  They've all failed.  Not an area they have expertise or competence in.

Stripe on the other hand was built around marketplaces.

Regarding rates...  Every processor is negotiable on rates depending on your volume.  If you do over $250K/year in processing, they will all start to compete on rate. So don't be shy about contacting their sales team.

I wish Square had a decent marketplace offering  but they too see this as an ancillary product.and they failed to listen to input during their definition phase and beta phase.  However, their traditional offering is excellent if you don't need marketplace distribution of funds.  Don't forget about refunds, non-deliveries, and other means for getting your payments back or some type of hold or escrow capability so funds aren't distributed until a status change in a product and possibly some delay after a vendor marks an order complete....  

I could do a good one, but entering the banking industry is not for the faint of heart!

#336496 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 11:42 PM in Upcoming features

1) Your developer can use css to change colors for you.

2) Addons available for this in the marketplace

3) Are you talking tool-tips?  That would be a core change that you should route through helpdesk.  If you're talking changing from "+" to "Add" and gear menu icon to "Menu", too me, that would be a step backward.  Currently closely matches an Android Phone UI.

#336491 Paypal For Commerce

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 09:21 PM in General Questions

Paypal has launched a MV product at least 4 times.  At least they're not making this one public before they abort it.

#336490 How I Can Hide / Disable This Fields And Tab In Vendor Account?

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 09:17 PM in General Questions

Changing menu structure is well outside the scope of the community forum. 

Personally, I prefer UI's that work as follows for a main menu:

* hover displays the list after 500ms

* clicking the menu name (top) automatically selects the first item in the list which should (in this case) be 'Products'

It saves clicks and (like you've noted) saves \duplication especially on mobile devices.  It also seems much more intuitive than a Products menu where Categories is the first in the list.  But that can be changed in the backend.  But the main navigation menu functionality is pretty embedded in the code.  You could add a lang variable and call it something like product_menu_item and give it a value of "Seller info" and then change the schema for the navigation to use that language variable in a my_changes/schemas/menu/menu.post.php.

#336439 Changing Our Marketplace Of Add-Ons And Themes

Posted by tbirnseth on 10 February 2021 - 01:44 AM in General Questions

Note that this is a community forum.  You should use helpdesk if you want a direct dialog.  But then no one else will be aware of your conversation.