tbirnseth's Content

There have been 326 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 04-Aug 19)

Sort by                Order  

#330122 Backlinks Creation

Posted by tbirnseth on 31 July 2020 - 07:53 PM in SEO

Won't get you blacklisted to create a business presence on main Social Media sites.  If you create that presence and then get 100's of links-in from those sites then yes, that will throw a flag up.  But we're talking about consumer operations like friends and family. Voilume will never be enough to get you flagged.

You should also add paid search results in all the major search engines for your site.  To make it effective, you should bid high for the first couple of weeks on your primary keywords. Then you can lower bids after you get an initial presence.

#330120 Backlinks Creation

Posted by tbirnseth on 31 July 2020 - 06:40 PM in SEO

Go to every major site (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.) and create a post that has a link to your site.  Best if you can get your friends to like the request and better yet if they click the link.

#330097 "jquery Cdn" Page Speed Issue

Posted by tbirnseth on 30 July 2020 - 10:30 PM in Server configuration, Perfomance Optimizations

That should be cached in your browser after the first load.  If not, check your browser settings related to how long to cache JS files.

#330056 Wordpress Cs-Cart Install In The Same Domain

Posted by tbirnseth on 29 July 2020 - 06:51 PM in Installation & Upgrade

Or as a sub-domain like wp.yoursite.com and have a completley separate document root).  This configuration will prevent any security issue in either CMS from impacting the other.

#330055 Sku For Different Options

Posted by tbirnseth on 29 July 2020 - 06:47 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Check/clear your cs-cart 'logs'.

Run a browser inspector (usually right-click/inspect) and look at the network tab as you refresh the page.  See where the longest times are and go from there.

#330054 Test Email Notification Does Not Work

Posted by tbirnseth on 29 July 2020 - 06:44 PM in General Questions

Suggest you first check your php error_log for any errors related to emails.  Following that you should get your hosting to see if there are related SMTP entries in your mail log.  If so, are there any errors?  What method of email are you using (Settings/Emails)?

#330024 How Do I Create A Product With An Optional 1 Time Set Up Fee. Cs-Cart

Posted by tbirnseth on 28 July 2020 - 06:37 PM in General Questions

You should be using a "catalog promotion", not a "cart promotion".  You should see results on the products.view page on the customer side.  It could be that cs-cart is not allowing a negative bonus. If so, you might have to use a php hook to apply it after the calculate the bonus.  I.e. if you want a $6 increase, in price, setup a promotion to discount by $6 and then look at the promotions returned for a product and if it's the promotion you're looking for adjust the bonus to be negatvie $6.

Promotions can be pretty convoluted and require a lot of fiddling to get what you want (I.e. time consuming).  But I think you should be able to get there with promotions.

Alternatively you can set the price at the price + $6 and then discount it at $6 * (quantity - 1).

#329982 How To Show The Total Number Of Active Vendors On The Backend

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 10:54 PM in Hints & Modifications

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you're a bit confused.  Template variables are set in PHP code and passed to templates.
So your use of:

{$general_stats.companies.total_companies|number_format}

will only get you what is stored in the registry as $general_stats.companies.  I'd suggest you set your own variable and then use hooks to position the info where you want it.  I.e. in app/addons/my_changes/controllers/backend/companies.post.php do something like:

if( $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'GET' ) {
  $active_companies = db_get_field("SELECT count(*) FROM ?:companies where status='A'");
  Tygh::$app['view']->assign('active_companies', $active_companies);
}

And then use it in your template as:

<p>{__("active_companies")}: {$active_companies}</p>

#329981 Does Cs Cart Have Reoccurring Billing With Stripe Or Another Payment Method?

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 10:42 PM in Hints & Modifications

No, not out of the box.  We have extended our square addon to do this but it takes custom coding to utilize since it uses saved card tokens at square.  Docs on our Squarepay addon are at: https://ez-ms.com/docs/squarepay.pdf

#329979 Mv Question: How To Have Vendor Shop Open In An Other Tab Automatically

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 10:30 PM in Hints & Modifications

You didn't say that cs-cart created the override file.  Given it's an override, the content is the same as the standard file with exception of the 'action' attribute.  If they did it in the my_changes/override directory tree, that's great (they usually don't).  Helps to associate paths with content....  All good.

#329977 Mv Question: How To Have Vendor Shop Open In An Other Tab Automatically

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 09:53 PM in Hints & Modifications

You're fine.  Language and experience can all be obstacles.  Glad you got it working properly.  Cs-cart will always take the shortest path (not the best path).  Hence you'll come back to them again after an upgrade.

#329972 Security Warning

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:36 PM in Third-Party Services

Well, then I hope you changed all passwords related to your hosting and your site.

#329971 Homepage Ajax Loader

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:35 PM in General Questions

if that doesn't make sense to you, suggest you hire someone to do it for you.  If you want to provide your requirements, be happy to give you a quote.  Just click the link in my signature.

#329970 Mv Question: How To Have Vendor Shop Open In An Other Tab Automatically

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:33 PM in Hints & Modifications

DO NOT modify the distributed template itself.  Your changes may be overwritten in a future upgrade.  Both Ecom and I have given you all the info you need to do it properly.  If you did not see the changes, then either you put the override file in the wrong place or you did NOT clear your cache after creating the override file.  The only other possibility is that a higher priority addon is overriding the file first. But that is unlikely.

#329969 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 27 July 2020 - 07:30 PM in General Questions

So what is a "verified purchase" to you? It doesn't really mean anything as text relative to the current user.  If they didn't purchase, what to they care who else purchased but didn't leave a review?

#329918 Homepage Ajax Loader

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 10:06 PM in General Questions

Suggest you implement your own JS within an addon (like my_changes) to perform whatever action you want when the index.index controller is run.

#329917 Designing Store In Webflow

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 10:02 PM in Store Design & Templates

Good luck.  You will never get an addon to work in that environment.  Everything is Smarty templates (other than the newer (worst) email editor which is based on TWIG).

#329916 How Do I Create A Product With An Optional 1 Time Set Up Fee. Cs-Cart

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:59 PM in General Questions

Us promotions with a negative bonus

#329915 How Can I Disable A Vendor Account Using Php

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:57 PM in General Questions

db_query("UPDATE ?:copanies SET status=?s WHERE company_id=?i", 'D', $company_id);

#329914 How To Check If User Purchased An Item On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:56 PM in General Questions

how can I check if a buyer purchased an item, I'm trying to show verified purchase on reviews that where left by users who purchased the item.

Your requirements are not clear.  You reference 'buyer purchases' and then say you want guests to see.  At this point I have no idea what you want.  If you want further help, you'll have to request a quote via the link in my signature.

#329913 Calculate/pay Order After It Has Been Placed.

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 July 2020 - 09:50 PM in Developers' Corner

Sorry, no demo and having the customer manage payment is not supported.

Cool, can i see a kind of demo? thanks and i don't know if i made my self clear enough, i want the customer to be the one to release the funds from the frontend but admin can still release it too

#329858 Smarty Error

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 07:27 PM in General Questions

You'll need to determine where the actual smarty template is.  From the message I'd guess that someone has tried to provide an attribute named 'width'.

#329857 Security Warning

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 07:26 PM in Third-Party Services

Not in my source base either.  It does appear that your site has been hacked.  Suggest you change all passwords related to it and move the file to a different name so cs-cart can take a look at it.

#329853 Limit Character Types In Profile Fields - I.e. First And Last Name

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 06:10 PM in General Questions

Feel free to click the link in my signature and I'll be happy to give you a quote.  We can either create a separate addon for you or extend your existing my_changes addon to do so.

#329851 Calculate/pay Order After It Has Been Placed.

Posted by tbirnseth on 23 July 2020 - 06:07 PM in Developers' Corner

Yes of course.  You can "CHARGE" or "AUTH ONLY" upon order submission as an addon setting.  However, the "additional charge" functionality only supports CHARGE.  Most clients use this when shipping or other order variables are undetermined at time of order.The CHARGE of an AUTH ONLY order is a manual (button click) operation.  It is not setup to trigger a CHARGE on order status change.  But we could certainly extend it to do so.

This payment method works upon the original (parent) order.  So the answer to your question is yes.  So the AUTH or CHARGE amount is based on the parent order total.  Cs-cart then splits this up by vendor when it splits the orders. But do note that if you use AUTH ONLY , the full order amount will be authorized.  However, you can only CHARGE once against a Square transaction_id (limitation of Square).  Hence if you are going to CHARGE against an AUTH for vendor1, when you go to do vendor2, you will have to CHARGE again for that amount.  Hence for MVE environments, it's not really recommended to use AUTH ONLY because it requires much more management.  It is best to CHARGE  and then if there's an issue you can do a partial REFUND.