rugger's Content

There have been 8 items by rugger (Search limited from 21-Nov 18)

Sort by                Order  

#74209 Why upgrade from 1.3.5 to 2.0.12

Posted by rugger on 12 March 2010 - 08:28 PM in Why CS-Cart

I have been using CSCart ver. 1.3.5 for more thatn a year and am generally happy with it. (Although it does drive me crazy trying to get additonal images to come up in the proper order.) What advantage is there in upgrading to ver. 2.0.12 (or whatever is current)? Is the upgrade relatively seamless or is there a lot of relisting (i have 900 products) involved?

#46310 Minimum order to checkout fix

Posted by rugger on 30 March 2009 - 11:32 PM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

The CS Cart program is installed in a subdirectory named cart in our site, letsplaydolls.com.

Here is what I have done.

I downloaded the file fn_cart.php using FTP from the letsplaydolls.com/cart/core/ folder to the local diretory.
I modified the file replacing all 4 instances of "total' with "subtotal" under the "//Checks to see if order can be placed" note. (It is the last part of the file.)
I saved the changes and uploaded the modified file to letsplaydolls.com/cart/core/
I viewed the file and insured that the resident fn_cart.php file has infact been changed.
It has.

The minimum order is set to $12.00 at admin:Settings:General.

I then went to the website and entered an order with a subtotoal of $11.25, a state tax of $.80 for a total of $12.05. Sadly, the site allows the order to be processed. When I reduce the TOTAL to less that $12.00 it returns a message that the total must exceed $12.00.

I am using Ver. 1.3.5 SP4.

If I'm missing something, I surely cannot figure out what.

Rugger

#46249 Minimum order to checkout fix

Posted by rugger on 30 March 2009 - 03:44 AM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

OK, now I'm confused. The file fn_cart.php in the core folder. The default skin is in the skins folder. Am I changing the wrong file in the wrong folder?

Rugger

#46173 Minimum order to checkout fix

Posted by rugger on 27 March 2009 - 09:58 PM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

I'll start from scratch and redo everything. Who know? I probably missed something so I'll double check it all. Any way, I've got to get ready to teach a class tonight.

Thanks for all of the help.

Rookie
letsplaydolls.com
Ver. 1.3.2 SP4

#46171 Minimum order to checkout fix

Posted by rugger on 27 March 2009 - 09:47 PM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

I ran clean up template cache but the cart still passes an over limit total with an under limit sub total. The minimum is set at $12. I have entered merchandise with a sub total of $11.25 and $.80 tax for a total of $12.05 and it allows it.

Made the changes by downloading the file from the core folder on the Website, modified it using Homesite 5 editor and uploaded the new file. I viewed the online file and it looks right.

#46169 Minimum order to checkout fix

Posted by rugger on 27 March 2009 - 09:32 PM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

Now my "rooky-ness" kicks in. I don't know what you mean by clearing my template cache. I did checkout an log back in of the cart Website.

#46167 Minimum order to checkout fix

Posted by rugger on 27 March 2009 - 09:13 PM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

I changed the code to subtotal in all 4 places but the cart still allows and order to be placed if the total exceeds the minimum set using admin:settings:general.

Thanks for pointing me to the file.

#46153 Minimum order to checkout fix

Posted by rugger on 27 March 2009 - 04:51 PM in v1.x Hints & Modifications

Hi gang,

I can't find the file to change anywhere in ver. 1.3.5 sp4. I want to change the minimum value to subtotal. Any ideas where this located?

Thanks.