IsItFast's Content

There have been 18 items by IsItFast (Search limited from 02-Aug 20)

Sort by                Order  

#339405 Many Customers Leave Their Default State As Aa During Checkout

Posted by IsItFast on 19 May 2021 - 03:06 AM in General Questions

Before upgrading the cart I never really had a problem but I have several customers per week now just leave the default state as "AA" and don't actually choose the state they live in.  Now when printing postage we use address verification software so it isn't a huge deal except sometimes we are shipping without know what state it is going to until the label prints.  I am guessing it stems from customers using autocomplete/autofill software that doesn't acknowledge the state field on the checkout form (I have addressed this issue at https://forum.cs-car...y/?fromsearch=1 and also filled out a bug report but no one seems to care).  So is anyone else having the issue or have a solution?  I currently am running the default checkout layout where the city and state are at the top above shipping options and away from the rest of the address.  I do kind of like this layout since customer can choose their shipping option before putting in all their information but wonder if that is the problem.

#339365 Bold Product Comments (Text Area)

Posted by IsItFast on 17 May 2021 - 06:11 PM in General Questions

Thanks.  It has the New version selected when I go to that page.

#339306 Bold Product Comments (Text Area)

Posted by IsItFast on 14 May 2021 - 07:30 PM in General Questions

I do mean invoices.  But not sure what you mean by new or old template editor.  How do I find this out?

#339256 Why Is Amazon Pay No Longer Supported?

Posted by IsItFast on 12 May 2021 - 07:10 PM in General Questions

I hear ya...but this little company called Shopify finds it important enough to be integrated into their cart as a payment option.  Odd because I've never even talked about it to them.  :-)

#339250 Why Is Amazon Pay No Longer Supported?

Posted by IsItFast on 12 May 2021 - 06:56 PM in General Questions

I had almost as many people using Amazon Pay daily as PayPal at checkout.  So if it's an option that customers will use at checkout to make things easier on them I'm not sure why it isn't offered.  Many vendors just don't understand it should (or even could) be offered.  I don't have to offer PayPal at checkout either but it makes checkout more simplified for them.  And with more people in the U.S. having/using an Amazon account regularly compared to PayPal it makes sense why so many people used it on my site when it was available as an option. The numbers don't lie.

#339246 Bold Product Comments (Text Area)

Posted by IsItFast on 12 May 2021 - 06:45 PM in General Questions

this product option "text area" variant ? do you mean

https://prnt.sc/12upng0

Yes, that is what I mean but wondering if there is a way for what the customer inputs there to be bold on the receipts?  I guess I forgot to clarify that it was for our benefit when filling the order.

#339216 Why Is Amazon Pay No Longer Supported?

Posted by IsItFast on 12 May 2021 - 04:30 AM in General Questions

Is there a reason why no developer wants to offer something like this?  Simtech even has the basic code set up for developers for sale (if I understand correctly).  Just needs to be adapted.  With statistics that I posted above I just can't believe one one wants to offer such a popular payment method add-on.

#339215 Bold Product Comments (Text Area)

Posted by IsItFast on 12 May 2021 - 04:25 AM in General Questions

Is there a way to make any comments a customer puts in the text area (on the product page) bold or easier not to be overlook?  Occasionally customers put something in the text area we have on each product page but every so often it gets overlooked since it blends it so well with the option variants.  Just wondering if there is a way to make this easier to see.

#338748 Multiple Tracking Numbers?

Posted by IsItFast on 23 April 2021 - 09:02 PM in General Questions

As a workaround, edit order, add required items with zero prices and create new shipment for them

That's nice! Will have to try that on the next one.  I would think there would be an add-on for something like this.

#338727 Multiple Tracking Numbers?

Posted by IsItFast on 22 April 2021 - 05:40 PM in General Questions

You need to use the "create detailed shipment" button at the bottom right of the order, see image.

Once you are there, you can choose to only ship QTY 1 of the 2 items for example, allowing a 2nd tracking number to be added later.

Yes, but that disappears after I have already shipped the order.  That is where the problem begins.  Sometimes we need to reship something (thanks to UPS or USPS losing or damaging it; or even a mistake of our own).  So right now as a workaround  we put this in the staff only notes but if the customer logs in to see the new tracking number it isn't there nor are they sent the new tracking number when we ship.  It seems like there should be some type of solution for this other than manually doing it.

#338689 Email Font Color For Options?

Posted by IsItFast on 21 April 2021 - 08:46 PM in Configuration

Maybe I'm not being clear.  Where is the CSS for the paid order emails at?  I don't know where the CSS is pulled from for these automated emails.

#338688 Multiple Tracking Numbers?

Posted by IsItFast on 21 April 2021 - 08:44 PM in General Questions

Yes, one shipment = one tracking number. Each box should be considered as separate shipment in your case

I only see one box and don't see a way to add another.

#338643 Email Font Color For Options?

Posted by IsItFast on 20 April 2021 - 08:17 PM in Configuration

I notice that when a paid order email is sent the options for the product is shown in a gray on a white background which makes it hard to read.  It looks like order date, payment and shipping method may be the same color as they aren't 100% black either.  PDF attached to the email is the same.  How do I fix that to be just black like the rest of the email?  Not sure where that CSS is coming from.

#338640 Multiple Tracking Numbers?

Posted by IsItFast on 20 April 2021 - 06:54 PM in General Questions

While I appreciate the input, I still don't see any place I can add another shipment or tracking number (the reason for this post).  Can someone screenshot where this would be.  The docs eComLabs sent doesn't seem to show how to add another shipment but simply look up an existing one.  It seems the only thing I can do is replace a tracking number with a new one.

#338612 Add-Ons By Simtech Development: Pay With Amazon

Posted by IsItFast on 19 April 2021 - 08:29 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Not sure why this was discontinued?... as about 10% of my customers used Amazon Pay when paying.  When I updated the store the add-on is no longer supported.  Seems crazy to me that this is not a payment option since over 80% of U.S. households have an Amazon Prime membership.  Not to mention those that just have a normal Amazon account and could still use Amazon Pay.  As you know customers really like to skip putting in their information if they can avoid it so this is a no-brainer.

#338611 Multiple Tracking Numbers?

Posted by IsItFast on 19 April 2021 - 08:08 PM in General Questions

I rarely need this but I don't understand why there isn't an option to add more than one tracking number?  Surely others ship orders in multiple shipments?  And when we need to reship it would be nice to be able to put that tracking number in too.  I have to be missing something somewhere right?

#337180 Password Reset Process Just Going Round In Circles

Posted by IsItFast on 01 March 2021 - 08:43 PM in General Questions

Recently upgraded and STILL seeing this issue when trying to do a password recovery for myself. Edit: This issue was because I have an admin account and was able to fix using a non-admin account.  Also have a customer telling me our site is sending them some code so they don't have to use a password but it isn't working.  The problem is I can't even figure out how they are getting our site to send them a code.

#336740 Why Is Amazon Pay No Longer Supported?

Posted by IsItFast on 17 February 2021 - 10:44 PM in General Questions

I've been running version 4.3.1 for many years.  Had Simtech's add-on for Amazon Pay which worked fine for many years.  But recently upgraded the store and now they don't support it and it doesn't seem to be supported by default as a Payment method any longer.  Is there a reason? With over 50% of online shoppers in the U.S. having an Amazon account it seems like a no-brainer that this should be a payment alternative. About 10-20% of my payments per day were Amazon pay when I had it available to my customers.