imac's Content

There have been 96 items by imac (Search limited from 24-Mar 18)

Sort by                Order  

#301428 Vendors Geolocation, Search On Map And By Location

Posted by imac on 10 May 2018 - 12:47 PM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Hi iMac,

Any updates on when this could be released?

Thanks

- What type of business model do you have (who are your vendors, in what regions do you work)

In my case we are creating a construction marketplace in Mexico, we have manufacturers and distributors from every city 

- Why location is matters for you? (what problem will this feature solve)

Generally distributors sell the same products in every city, so it is faster and cheaper for customers to buy a local distributor

- How should it work (few words about how it will be seen by customer in your storefront)

I like the way it looks in the mockups, it would be cool if it had the Google location icon, or at least the chance to choose the icon every store wants, because at least here people are used to see that icon related to location.

Also, do you have any estimated release date?

Thanks!

Pedroadolfog, thank you for the details.

We are going to release it in v4.8.1, approx in June 

It's already available at http://dev.demo.mv.cs-cart.com(it's the demo of upcoming 4.8.1) but there is no demo data so it will be a bit tricky to configure it from the scratch. We will add some demo data soon.

#304662 Vendors Geolocation, Search On Map And By Location

Posted by imac on 30 July 2018 - 08:50 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

i asked ,before implemeting this addon, that it will be better to put the field " Location " under product update instead of vendor update.

This is about warehouses, not Vendor geolocation feature.

#299681 Vendors Geolocation, Search On Map And By Location

Posted by imac on 04 April 2018 - 08:33 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Hi everyone.

I've just talked to one of our clients about Geolocation feature - and one of his idea is that after a customer selected his location - all the products in the category should be filtered by his town only. If the vendor location is outside this town - his product won't be shown to customer.

In other words once customer selects his location - he sees only the products located in his city.

What do you thing about this feature?

#294926 Vendors Geolocation, Search On Map And By Location

Posted by imac on 06 February 2018 - 12:16 PM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Hi there,

So glad to hear that you are thinking about such features. We are launching a marketplace in North America in which a slot of small vendors will come on board and we would like to connect these small vendors with customers in their local communities.

It would be a great added value for both vendors and customers as it enables them to search and filter the vendors by location. There are many people that would love to support local businesses and communities. They also would like to learn more about the vendors. The micro stores are a great feature in CS-Cart, but when a customer goes to the all vendors directory there is no easy way to search and filter the vendors. I know this can be done through some customizations, but it would be really nice if this was a core functionality which could then be further enhanced or customized.

We would love to see these features:

Search by Vendor

Search & Filter by Vendor location (even if it's just by country and city) 

Ability to assign attributes to vendors and filter by those 

A visual interactive map would just take it all to a whole new level

Thanks

My point of view in a few sentence.  :-)

Not sure for buyers is important from where is seller if they pay for delivery. For example in UK I buy something and for me doesn't matter is comes from London or Manchester as I pay delivery charge. But...

It is one but...I am building marketplace where people can sell anything, new or used items. Let's say seller want to sell a used fridge. Of course it will be a lot of problem to delivery it of size and weight. And for seller will not worth to delivery. So, in that case would be perfect filter by location. And it should work like this: seller setup location and collection only. Buyer see only country ,city and post code. Also at checkout or product page : Delivery - Collection. After payment getting full address where to collect. If it make sense.

If no collection what is the point of location? Might be I am wrong.

Best regards

Guys, thanks for the feedback. We will draw some sketch ups and I post them here. Don't forget to follow this topic (button in the top right corner).

So as I can see we need the following basic features:

1. Ability to confirm customer locations, by default we try to get the location by IP.

2. Ability to filter Vendors by location: Country, State, City and probably distance

3. Ability to filter products by vendor location 

Maybe you know some good stores/marketplaces with such geolocation feature?

#294298 Vendors Geolocation, Search On Map And By Location

Posted by imac on 30 January 2018 - 08:21 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Hi, 

I do a research on how to group vendors by location, show them on map, and filter by region (country, state, city)

If you have a need in such feature, can you please answer several questions:

- What type of business model do you have (who are your vendors, in what regions do you work)

- Why location is matters for you? (what problem will this feature solve)

- How shoud it work (few words about how it will be seen by customer in your storefront)

Any feedback is appreciated.

#297121 Vendors Geolocation, Search On Map And By Location

Posted by imac on 02 March 2018 - 09:13 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Hi, we've prepared a screenshots of how geolocation feature could work in Multi-Vendor.

We use scenario of Chinese food marketplace in London. 

The main points are:

1. Ability to see/change your current location.

2. Ability to filter vendors by location or distance

3. Ability to search products by location or distance

4. Configurable block of vendors filled by their distance to the customer

I'm not sure that we will be able to implement all of these feature in the way they are shown - but at the moment I need to understand if this is what you need for Multi-Vendor.

Please go through the attachments to see the mockups. 

Your feedback is very welcome!

Attached Thumbnails

• blockShopsNearYou-and-location-20736-GeoLocationConcept-0003.png
  • 1-20736-GeoLocationConcept-0003.png
  • 2-20736-GeoLocationConcept-0003.png
  • 3-20736-GeoLocationConcept-0003.png
  • location-catalog-20736-GeoLocationConcept-0003.png
  • catalog-20736-GeoLocationConcept-0003.png
  • vendors-20736-GeoLocationConcept-0003.png

#300021 Varnish Cache For Cs-Cart

Posted by imac on 11 April 2018 - 06:12 AM in Web Hosting

will the free addon be updated for newer versions ?

At the moment we do not have plans to update this add-on. 

#302885 Variations As Individual Products On Brand + Category Pages

Posted by imac on 20 June 2018 - 07:59 AM in Hints & Modifications

Hi all - say would you guys know if it's possible with the new variations method, to show each variation (say different colours) as "individual" products on category and brand pages?

It's not possible right now. But this feature is in the roadmap.

I'm not sure that it will be variations, but still there will be an ability to change the option of a product and switch to another product. - this case will implement the scenario of different colors of the same product.

#302958 Upgrade From 4.7.4 To 4.8.1 Failed

Posted by imac on 21 June 2018 - 10:53 AM in Installation & Upgrade

It's been so far easy process to upgrade. Last upgrade 4.7.4 I did's see GDPR addon at all (yes, tried to search). After getting in contact with support they obviously installed GDPR addon manually and it was available.

Now after I tried to upgrade from 4.7.4 to 4.8.1 I got n error as shown in JPEG file. I have multistore but all stores use english at the moment and I don't get it why the error message contain reference to language FR (French obviously). The upgrade process failed and not sure how to proceed. 

I'm able to login to admin area but I didn't restore old files back yet. Trying to avoid downtime if such happen.attachicon.gif error.JPG

Hi. unfortunately there was a bug in upgrade.

So in order to fix this please do the following:

1. Restore the backup of 4.7.4

2. Refresh the upgrade packages.

3. Make the upgrade one again

Everything should be Ok.

#299039 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 27 March 2018 - 06:47 AM in Upcoming features

A little bit of "cart before the horse".  You're releasing it to the public before you release a guide for 3rd party developers to determine what changes they might need to make?  Where do you want us to direct the calls that come in for addons that are broken by this release? 

Is there a way to disable the responsive backend after it's installed in case there are business critical errors?  Or does it overlay the current 'backend' theme?

the instructions are under development, will be released very soon.

the new responsive theme is just an add-on, so it will be optional for some time.

#294421 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 31 January 2018 - 12:44 PM in Upcoming features

Hey,

Looks very nice, maybe update the language flags as well to fit the Flat UI look?

Furthermore, it would be nice if you can pick a 'theme color'. I have some clients who use multiple CS-Cart installations (they want seperate stores and not a 'multi store', I have recolered their backends to fit their frontends, they wanted this to make it easy to distinguish these multiple installations.

Best wishes,

Thank you for the idea, we need a poll here:)

Who else would like to change the admin area color? Please Upvote this post.

#297379 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 06 March 2018 - 07:05 AM in Upcoming features

Hi, we updated main color in Responsive Admin style, now it loos like this:

responsive-admin.png

You can test the Responsive theme at dev demos: dev.demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php just install Responsive Admin Panel [Beta] add-on and enable it.

#294426 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 31 January 2018 - 12:50 PM in Upcoming features

How does this affect the third party add-ons?

Looks like you maintained class names which is good.
Are there any special classes that need to be addressed for addon developers that manipulate the admin screens and sideboxes?

Guys,
there will be a guideline after we make sure the main concept is fine and we can go to the finish line.
Idea is that add-on developers will need to add certain classes to their templates.

#297713 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 12 March 2018 - 06:40 AM in Upcoming features

Hello I have three suggestions:

1) Ability to change color to match front-end (needed for multivendor branding)

2) Add logo for vendor admin panels (good branding practice) 

3) Add text to "+", "Gear", "->", "V" signs that are used to add element, see more options, go back, more options..it will be an enhancement form UI perspective. Save button has text but all other buttons have signs, making them all similar will improve usability.

It took me a while to get used to "+" and "Gear" signs, they are NOT attention-getter as they should. 

Hi,

Thank you for constructive feedback. 

1. We will think about this, below is a lot of post requiring the the ability to change color of admin/vendor area - so it's under investigation at the moment.

2. I don't see the need for vendor to see his logo in the backend, I suppose you suggest this from admin point of view.

3. This is a good suggestion and probably in near future we will consider such changes, but at the moment we are trying to make new admin responsive theme as much compatible with the current one as possible.

#299038 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 27 March 2018 - 06:45 AM in Upcoming features

Thank you for reply:

Regarding item 2: In the demo store currently when vendor logs in, sees "simtech" at the top left corner of admin panel, just plain text, you should be able to add small simtech logo there - good branding practice. 

Ok, thank you. Probably later we will add this.

#296718 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 27 February 2018 - 02:33 PM in Upcoming features

It's using bootstrap v2.3

It's required to have backward compatibility with add-on that change/add templates in admin area.

#294427 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 31 January 2018 - 12:52 PM in Upcoming features

It's an admin panel. Seriously, who cares about color? Functionality is all that matters.

You are right, we think the same way as developers.
But I heard several time already about this feature. The main point is that one can have several CS-Cart stores and different colors of backend will make live easier.

#297762 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 12 March 2018 - 11:17 AM in Upcoming features

As for changing color of admin area, I see the following scenarios:

1. Different admin color for different storefronts. If you select a storefront in admin area you see the backend in custom color. 

2. Different admin color for Vendor backend, Root admin see default color, if switched to vendor - see panel in custom color.

3. Different color (not customize but set by us) - when store is in Development mode or Store is Closed.

So to summarise scenarios are:

1. I will be able to select a color of backend for different storefronts in admin area

2. I will be able to select a color of vendors  backend 

3. Color of backend will differ from default if I enabled Development mode or closed the store (I can no select the color myself)

What do you think, will it work for you?

I don't want to provide the ability to change default backend color for "All stores" / "All vendors" and for Development mode. It's because CS-Cart basic UX should be the same for all developers/owners

#294424 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 31 January 2018 - 12:46 PM in Upcoming features

Right now we are working on the top panel of mobile view- there are too many elements, we will try to sort it out and make more mobile-friendly.

#297707 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 12 March 2018 - 06:25 AM in Upcoming features

If I have already changed the positioning of some of the blocks (like 'Order by status' and 'Recent Activity'), would this responsive add-on change them back to default positions?

Yes, most probably it will. The best practise is to do all the changes using add-ons.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm not looking hard enough, but I cannot see a sign out button when viewing from a smartphone? I can see it on the desktop and tablet view though

Just click the triangle near the Simtech: https://www.evernote...iGfk2BYCw0j_7Lk

#297709 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 12 March 2018 - 06:28 AM in Upcoming features

I test in phone. Can't add image from phone

Will be fixed soon.

#297714 Try The New Responsive Admin Panel

Posted by imac on 12 March 2018 - 06:42 AM in Upcoming features

only need improve layout magement.

Can you please provide some additional info on what you meant?

#300198 Try The Advanced Import Of Products

Posted by imac on 15 April 2018 - 11:04 AM in Upcoming features

One more Q.

What if you have 2 stores, then the store name must also set?

Above whas:

First field: Product_code - Second field: barcode - Third field: the amount of

96101 8,72E+12 4

96106 8,72E+12 6

96114 8,72E+12 2

96116 8,72E+12 9

96121 8,72E+12 13

96126 8,72E+12 3

96134 8,72E+12 0

96136 8,72E+12 14

96141 8,72E+12 8

96146 8,72E+12 2

I suppose you need to much only 1 and 3 columns, i.e. Product code and Amount.

This should work fine.

#304154 Try The Advanced Import Of Products

Posted by imac on 18 July 2018 - 12:53 PM in Upcoming features

Hi imac and ikoshin 

İn which version will you fix and present it?

Do you have a plan for correcting other settings?

https://forum.cs-car...ndpost&p=302506

Hi the version in which the bug is fixed can be seen in the right sidebar.

It's 4.8.2. You can already check if everything is working fine at dev.demo.cs-cart.com

As for your questions:

1. No plans to add feature to parse categories.

2. The only think I can suggest i using modifiers "replace" or "w_replace", or creating your own modifier by customizing the code.

3. There are special addons for this: like https://marketplace....-optimizer.htmland others.

4. -

5. TBD

6. No such plans, but you can upload import files by FTP and launch import by cron.

7. Thats depend on how it implemented in XML

for example node like 

<pirce currency="US">45</price>

<price currency ="EU">40</price>

will work fine.

8. Unfortunately this will make import process more difficult, so I do not plan any such changes in the nearest future.

Hi,
How can we import qty discounts with the new import, not the depreciated one?

Quantity discount are not supported in the new import process. So only old import process the one that is depricated.

#300197 Try The Advanced Import Of Products

Posted by imac on 15 April 2018 - 11:02 AM in Upcoming features

I haven't messed with the addon enough to know if it works or not but it sounds like modifiers need the ability to combine data from different columns.

For example in crazysharks case with categories:

Category - $valuecolumn1"///"$valuecolumn2

Another example where you have separate inventory from different warehouses and you need to add them together for the amount/quantity:

Quantity - $valuecolumn1+$valuecolumn2+...

This is not working for now. 

For now we are looking for the easiest solution. The things like using a value from another column may slow down the import and make it buggy(