imac's Content

There have been 41 items by imac (Search limited from 13-Dec 18)

Sort by                Order  

#304154 Try The Advanced Import Of Products

Posted by imac on 18 July 2018 - 12:53 PM in Upcoming features

Hi imac and ikoshin 

İn which version will you fix and present it?

Do you have a plan for correcting other settings?

https://forum.cs-car...ndpost&p=302506

Hi the version in which the bug is fixed can be seen in the right sidebar.

It's 4.8.2. You can already check if everything is working fine at dev.demo.cs-cart.com

As for your questions:

1. No plans to add feature to parse categories.

2. The only think I can suggest i using modifiers "replace" or "w_replace", or creating your own modifier by customizing the code.

3. There are special addons for this: like https://marketplace....-optimizer.htmland others.

4. -

5. TBD

6. No such plans, but you can upload import files by FTP and launch import by cron.

7. Thats depend on how it implemented in XML

for example node like 

<pirce currency="US">45</price>

<price currency ="EU">40</price>

will work fine.

8. Unfortunately this will make import process more difficult, so I do not plan any such changes in the nearest future.

Hi,
How can we import qty discounts with the new import, not the depreciated one?

Quantity discount are not supported in the new import process. So only old import process the one that is depricated.

#304662 Vendors Geolocation, Search On Map And By Location

Posted by imac on 30 July 2018 - 08:50 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

i asked ,before implemeting this addon, that it will be better to put the field " Location " under product update instead of vendor update.

This is about warehouses, not Vendor geolocation feature.

#305276 Limiting Categories For Vendors

Posted by imac on 14 August 2018 - 06:52 AM in General Questions

Hello imac,

In your demo, you have 5 plans and "all categories" are in each plan. So all vendors see all categories.

For me UNIVERS =  OFFICE or WATCHES or ELECTRONICS or BABY...

I think your agree that if you have 40 plans on this companies.vendor_plans page (8univers x 5vendorsplan = 40 plans), it will no longer be understandable to attract sellers...

But I agree with your argument "Changing categories through vendor plan would be much easier."

So to respect your logic and be understandable, WHEN will you propose on companies.vendor_plans page, to start by selecting an UNIVERS (Baby, Computers, Electronics) to after present and choose between Plan's categories ?

Thank you.

Hi,

You can use the Hidden plans. In case the plan is hidden Vendor can no subscribe for it. But during review you can assign this plan to a vendor.

e.g. here is the list of plans I have in the backend: https://www.evernote...EmJbkR_x0NcQk-4

Here is what vendor see in admin area: https://www.evernote...pxKjYTvUahtgYQk

#305743 Try The Advanced Import Of Products

Posted by imac on 23 August 2018 - 07:49 AM in Upcoming features

Hi everyone how can use more than one modifiers in one column?? Because company gives their structure and if want to import must change more than one in one column

Hi,

You can extend default import with your add-on. We intentionally allowed only one modifier to make import easier and more transparent. 

As for Categories. Unfortunately in order to add categories in XML import we have to spend many resources from development department cause many possible relations should be considered. 

Instead we will make an easy way to manage categories of imported products on the product list.

So the scenario will be 

1. You import products

2. Switch to product list and select Recently updated search.

3. Select the products and apply the required categories to them like this: https://www.evernote...ud6-yloTMETLiM 

#305744 Multi-Vendor Roadmap

Posted by imac on 23 August 2018 - 07:52 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Hi, any good news about the mobile application? 

Hi, yes there are some good news. 

Mobile Application is available: https://www.cs-cart....pplication.html

#305745 Multi-Vendor Roadmap

Posted by imac on 23 August 2018 - 07:55 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

We need option for vedor to be able to set thier own delivery options for thier own products and setup thier own promotions. vendor independence is needed to reduce the admin management time! 

We are considering the feature with separate checkout for each vendor. 

If each vendor will have a separate checkout at the storefront than vendors will be able to create their own payment methods, shipping methods and promotions. 

#305746 Multi-Vendor Roadmap

Posted by imac on 23 August 2018 - 07:57 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Can I ask when you might be looking to implement a solution for the new Marketplace Facilitator Laws which have come into effect his year in a few States. Deeming marketplaces (multi-vendor stores) now liable to collect and remit sales taxes on behalf of vendors selling in specific states?

Both the add-ons available from Taxjar and Avalara do not work with multi-vendor. Does this make your multi-vendor software non compliant in the US at State level?? 

Hi,

Multi-Vendor allows you to configure taxes, comissions as a store owner. So in fact you can just hold the sale tax amount from vendor orders as a commission.

#310089 Show Po Number On Invoice

Posted by imac on 17 December 2018 - 10:52 AM in Hints & Modifications

Hi Unfortunately it is not pissoble without some extra coding. 

What you should do is change this file: app/Tygh/Template/Document/Order/Variables/OrderVariable.php

Just add these lines:

'payment_info' => array(
                'po_number', 'company_name', 'buyer_name', 'position'
            ),

After this code:

'raw' => array(
                'timestamp', 'notes', 'display_subtotal', 'discount', 'subtotal_discount', 'payment_surcharge',
                'display_shipping_cost', 'total'
            ),

After this you should be able to see payment_info variable in the order_info values, like this: https://www.evernote...wP_I2DjuY1_6_VA

Just click on the required variable and it will be added to the document: https://www.evernote...wP_I2DjuY1_6_VA

Hope this will help.

#311197 Multi-Vendor Upgrade, Question About B2B Functionality

Posted by imac on 18 January 2019 - 07:00 AM in Why CS-Cart

1. Can multi-vendor upgrade to multi-vendor plus after purchasing?

2. I intend to set up a medical supplies ecommerce platform. A lot of my potential venvdors are seeking to expand their operations overseas. Does cs-cart have a "request quotation" or enquiry feature similar to drugdu.com or alibaba?

1. Yes, it's possible. You should buy upgrade of your license. And just set the new Multi-Vendor Plus license in your Multi-Vendor installation. So there is no need to reinstall the store and make some tech works. 

#311200 Dashboard In The Admin Panel Of Multi-Vendor.

Posted by imac on 18 January 2019 - 07:51 AM in Upcoming Features, Feedback, Feature Requests

Hi,

What information, you as Marketplace owner would like to see at the Dashboard.

I suppose for now there for sure should be information about Vendors activity, because vendors and their activity are the key for success business.

I plan to add the following data to the dashboard of root admin (store owner)

Vendors with sales: XX - how many vendors got the orders for selected period

New Vendors: XX- number of vendors registered in the selected period

Vendors with new products: XX - how many vendors created new products for this period

Not logged in Vendors: XX - vendors who did not log in for the period.

New Products: XX - number of products created for the selcted period

Orders created: XX - number of orders placed for the selected period.

What do you think about these numbers? Please share you ideas.

#313665 Cs-Cart Progress: February 2019 Video Report

Posted by imac on 26 March 2019 - 11:06 AM in News and Announcements

I've asked for the product barcode (gtin, ean) multiple times in different threads. No response so far from the cs-cart architects team.

It should be moved to cscart_products table, it's the only logical place to be. It's not a feature, it's not translatable and it would highly improve datafeed generation for amazon, google, ebay etc.

Could someone finally tell us, why you don't want to do this?

Dear Jacek,

Thank you for the paying our attention to products barcode.

Can you please write a workflow you are planning to use the barcode? Something like:

- barcode number should be displayed and editable at product page in admin area

- barcode should ..

- admin shoud ..

etc. 

I'm asking because each company has their own workflow to use barcode. I will appreciate you feedback on this. 

#314437 Cs-Cart Progress: February 2019 Video Report

Posted by imac on 17 April 2019 - 10:19 AM in News and Announcements

I agree with you on this. What I like in CS-Cart is their concentration on features. The design is not an issue at all as everyone has his own identity and branding. Moreover, changing the design by 3rd-parties smoother than having them add new features. I mean front end development produces fewer bugs and no fatal errors than backend. 

However, CS-Cart should pave the way for developers to create and implement modern features. To name few, there should be an improvement for: 

1- Upgrading UI JS libraries like JQuery UI, Owl Carousel.. etc. For example, I wanted to apply stage-padding to one of my scroller, I couldn't becuase of an outdated Owl version. 

2- Changing Image previewers to modern ones. It is the time to get rid of this magnific pop-up and shift to PhotoSwipe. Also, the versions of these previeweres are still outdated. BTW, source files size of PhotoSwipe if very similar to Magnific Popup.

3- The recent improvements to the Layout manager is great. It should be enhanced to include Pages Hirarchy, adding CSS/JS blocks, AJAX updates, Changes History... etc. We should be able to inherit layout blocks from a master layout. The ability to add a block with custom CSS/JS code is also needed. 

4- Dynamic linking of Google Fonts API, Fontawsome icons... etc.

We are going to release some changes in 4.10 from the list.

1. The jquery will be updated to v3.3.1

2. CloudZoom plugin will be replaced with ImageZoom. We also added swipe for product images. It's important for mobile devices
3. That could make Layout manager bigger and more difficult to understand, so no such plans yet.

#314438 Option Combinations To Be Removed In 4.10.1

Posted by imac on 17 April 2019 - 10:21 AM in Upcoming features

I think it's a good idea but you have to give us more details. How exactly will the conversion look like. Will you include the conversion tool in 4.10.1 RC? If yes, it's crucial that you wait for the feedback of the beta testers.

Our store heavily relies on option combinations and the transition has to be made perfect.

Yes, we plan to include the conversion tools to 4.10.1RC

#315621 4.10.1 Rc Is Available—Try The New Version Before The Official Release

Posted by imac on 22 May 2019 - 07:37 AM in News and Announcements

can we choose different address for the billing address?

No, in new checkout this is not possible. Can you please let me know why do you need different address for billing and shipping. What is the real business workflow in your case. And in what country do you sell?

Thank you.

#315915 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 31 May 2019 - 06:46 AM in News and Announcements

Also, for those interested, there are clues that CS-Cart 5.0.1 is coming very soon. A lot of things will be deprecated as far as I could see so you definitely shouldn't expect addons to be released very soon then. 

For now, that is all the information I can give based on the given information in the release package.

There are no plans for 5.0.1 yet. 

#316240 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 08 June 2019 - 12:41 PM in News and Announcements

Dear friends,

Thank you so much for trying to explain the problems of 4.10 in the most constructive way.

We do appreciate and value your feedback and it is very important for me as a PM to make a product better.

I will summarise 2 main problems at the moment:

1. Inability to enter the phone in any numeric format

2. Problems with Billing and Shipping address.

Before we discuss these problem let me explain why we did this:

1. This was done in order to normalise data in order and customer tables. Many of our clients make integrations with 3rd party CRM that has automatic call systems, besides when you as admin click on the phone from your mobile device you can call the client right away only if it in correct format. So the idea was to help customer enter the phone number with less mistakes, so the admin has less work to do with filtering this out.

2. From our statistics most store owners work on b2c market, and old checkout was a real problem for them. It's outdated for 10 years at least. And we obviously wanted to make it modern and usable for your clients with such feature as: automatic geolocation, minimum of fields, mobile-friendly . So this was the main idea. Unfortunately we did not digg in into b2b model and that is why from my point of view we have all this discussion.

Our Plans:

1. We will add ability to disable phone in international format, not sure in what why, but there will be some kind of option. (planned for 4.10.2)

2. In order to fix this we should understand the good modern practices and main scenarios

Possible solution at checkout customer selects whether he/she is a company or a regular person. If he is a regular person checkout stays as it is!

In case he selects that he represents a company - there are some extra field (these that previously were in billing sections)

Please note! that I'm no going to bring all the billing fields back for a regular person for cases like he buys for someone else, or he buys from another country. because:

- billing address when you are paying with card is obsolete for most of world payments.

- it can be easily solved by comments to an order

So please answer the following questions:

1. do you need billing address at checkout?

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

3. what approx percent of b2c compare to b2b sales on your site

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

#316487 Upgrade From 3.0.6 To 4.2.3

Posted by imac on 13 June 2019 - 12:02 PM in Installation & Upgrade

We are trying to upgrade a 3.0.6 CS-Cart store to 4.x.

The first step in this process is to use the Store Import tool to go from 3.0.6 to 4.2.3.

The problem we are having is that we can't seem to find a location to download a blank copy of the 4.2.3 software.

We have lodged a support ticket, but we are wondering if there is a download link elsewhere. We checked the cs-cart user file section, but all that had was a 3.0.6 download and a 4.10 download.

Hi, there is no link in public. Tech support should provide you with a 4.2.3 package, so follow the ticket updates.

#316490 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 13 June 2019 - 01:02 PM in News and Announcements

1. Yes regardless of whether it's a b2b or b2c

2. Yes.  Purchase an item for a gift to be shipped to someone else.  Hence billing/shipping are different.

It's not a good idea to create extra fields for such rare case. And this can be solved by a comment. 

4. Amazon is probably easiest.  They support a variety of payment methods (which relate to multiple billing addresses for a registered user) and a variety of ship-to addresses.  So it's a many-many relationship.  They use the last-selected as the default for the current order but it's easily changed via radio buttons and/or "new" for both shipping and billing (actually they call it payment method but most require at least a zipcode).

Any payment method other than CC probably requires full billing/shipping address info where CC probably just requires CC.  However, Square will use billing zipcode in addition to zipcode entered with card data to more fully detect fraudulent activity..

I did not find billing address on Amazon. Only multiple shipping profiles. If you can provide me with screen that would help.

#316492 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 13 June 2019 - 01:07 PM in News and Announcements

Say what? Are you trying to eliminate the use of CS Cart in USA? We rely heavily on the billing address for fraud protection. All US banks participate in address verification. Many of our customers regardless of B2B or B2C ship to alternate addresses. How can you so easily generalize billing and shipping. We do not accept credit cards from International customers because most do not provide address verification and those customers are forced to an alternate payment like PayPal.

Just in case it wasn't absolutely clear we need billing and shipping address fields. It is very easy for the customer to tick a button to ship to an alternate address.

Can you please list the payment methods you use in your store. Which of them require billing address from you store in order to process the transaction?

From my experience billing address could be used by a payment method in case it's required for any reason, I mean on payment server. 

#316552 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 12:56 PM in News and Announcements

Amazon is not a good web store to compare checkout methods. Amazon absolutely has billing addresses and it is located in your account details along with the payment methods that you set-up. At checkout they ask what payment method you want to use and where you want to ship to.  They also automatically store your various shipping locations for you.

I don't know why you decided that Amazon absolutely has billing address.

Can you please post the screenshot with billing address? Because in my profile I did not find any mention of billing address.

Removing the billing address only works if you are going to force all customers to have an account. This is not a good idea and will cause customers to be lost. Most people only want to set-up accounts with stores that they frequently shop at like Amazon. Additionaly, if you require account set-up, you actually create more steps for the customer to checkout than simply leaving the billing address there.

How is the billing address connected with requirement to have an account? I really don't understand.

#316553 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:03 PM in News and Announcements

Why it is a problem to bring back this small radio button?

Or let us the old checkout as addon with billing adress?

We have old checkout for now. But I won't bring the billing address back just "because". There should be a reason for this.

In my opinion, the onepage checkout should be optional.

I never saw a good one page checkout.

To many informations in one screen is to confusing and brings a lot of problems for the store e.g shipping methods with shipping rate related to a zip code ( in germany we have isle' with 20 zip codes where we need a higher shipping rate, thats the reason we creat a shipping destination "german isle")

The one page checkout must reload after every entry the customer did, which can be change the shipping ratre,  or you must click on shipping method to reload (like now). But is this smoother than the checkout in steps? i dont think so.

One page checkput sounds good, but isnt. It is easier for customer to guide him step by step.

That why all big stores in germany uses a step by step checkout.

Step by step checkout is outdated. The easier checkout is - the more conversional it is. Checkout should be as simple as only possible, and besides it should be displayed correctly on any kind of device - PC, Tablet, Mobile. That is how we get our new checkout. 

Old checkout, the one that was up to 4.9.3 is deprecated and will be discontinued in one of the future versions.

#316554 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:06 PM in News and Announcements

You could not said it any better, billing address in USA is a must, I sell digital products in one of my stores and I don't need a shipping address but I need a billing address for CC verification and I will not do it without, if this is not going to change I will not upgrade of move on to another solution

Hi, can you please write how do you do this validation of billing address? 

Please write a workflow on how it organised on you side.

From what I know, all CC payment processors try to move to 3DS Secure, and it's rare case when some payment requires billing address.

#316555 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:08 PM in News and Announcements

I just wanted to add to the request to keep the billing address.  I am just getting started with CS Cart and have spent a lot of money to get up and running so I'm really not happy to read this discussion and fear losing my investment because the cart will no longer do what is required.

My store is in the US and for fraud protection we require the billing address be entered and matched to the bank's records.  If it doesn't match then the customer is declined. I have both b2b and b2c customers and both will frequently use a different ship to address.  I think the issue could easily be resolved with a check box that says shipping same as billing or just automatically make the shipping same as billing and if it's not then a check box that will open up for a shipping address. I see that on 98% of the online accounts I create.  As a customer, if I am shipping to a different address than my billing address I am not upset to have to enter two addresses at checkout.  However, if they are the same I like the ease of it just automatically populating the shipping fields.

I currently use authorize.net and PayPal for my processors.

Thank you for details, I will go through these payments. 

#316703 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.2 With Improvements And Bug Fixes

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 09:25 AM in News and Announcements

Selecting shipping profile does not working properly on checkout page. The editing profile modal shows up when I select profile box.

video : http://dpr.kadenlee.com/UOUFzB

It's working correctly. Popup is open because you did not fill required fields - Firstname and lastname.

#316707 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 10:01 AM in News and Announcements

A customer add the product to cart and move on to checkout , register an account or checkout as a guest , enter the name, address, email, phone number and move on to shipping and payment method, enter the credit card info and submit order, if the address entered does not match the address that is associated with the credit card used on file with the credit card bank, the transaction will be declined because we use fraud protection with our credit card processor to have the street address and zip code match, sure we can remove this requirement and take orders with it but that defeats the purpose of the fraud protection suite that we pay for to make sure the orders we receive are legit and not fraud, if the address entered was correct , in the backend on the order detail page we see this in the response from the credit card processor . This is the way it is with most merchants that I have done business with in USA, you add one billing address and as many shipping addresses as you want, but a billing address that is tied to the credit card used must be there. If we take orders without the billing address, we will be a sitting duck for fraudulent transactions that we can not refute if we get a chargeback. I really don't see the logic behind your thinking and why you want to do this. This will not work for me as I have mentioned on 2 of my stores I sell digital products that don't need a shipping address but a billing address, I will not upgrade and stay where I'm or move on for another platform if this stays the way it is. I have been using CS-Cart since Version 1.35 , more than 10 years now and hate to go somewhere else

What payment methods do you use? 

I'm asking about exact payment methods because most of the payment gateways already moved to 3D Secure or planning to do this.