imac's Content

There have been 41 items by imac (Search limited from 23-Aug 18)

Sort by                Order  

#317256 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 01 July 2019 - 12:12 PM in News and Announcements

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback.

CS-Cart community is everyone of your, and I'm sure there is no right or wrong opinion. We all want the same: good product that helps you in business.

I will provide screenshots on how billing address in new checkout will look like. Besides we make sure that everything works correctly in old checkout. 

Please note that I do not plan to change look and feel of new checkout. 

#317254 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 01 July 2019 - 12:01 PM in News and Announcements

CS-Cart team should speed the delivery pace (and this is the most important thing of Agile - the product development methodology - which CS-Cart team is following internally).

Well, this is a complicated thing.

We are ready to release new releases each 2 week (our sprint is 2 week long). But the community is not ready.

We moved to a semver standard so each patch release (when last number is changed) contain only bug fixes. But even though there a log of complains after updates. Updating downloadable software (the software that hosted on your side) should be done carefully, keeping in mind a number of details. We spent a lot of time on making upgrade process smoother, creating backups, send links to email to restore store immediately and so on. And still after all the efforts (and I can assure we still working in this direction) upgrade is a stress for our end-customers. As well as for our 3rd party developers. That's why we decided to release patch versions once a month or two.

CS-Cart should activate the uservoice forum. They should remind their customers about the uservoice! It should be the only source of new functions based on popularity.

Uservoice has a serious lack - customers vote some general ideas? Like "mobile app", "new checkout", "more payments", "good statistics". This become a real problem. Customer really dissapointed that we did not implemented some of these ideas and we do not listen to them. But when I started to digg into such ideas it turned out that one idea consists of ten other ideas, and different customers meant different things. Just review the posts above, there are lot of different opinions on how checkout should look like.

Forum solve this problem perfectly. When there is something wrong- we immediately can see the result. 

#316800 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 19 June 2019 - 01:21 PM in News and Announcements

Are u seious? You dont want understant me.
Cs-cart multiple address profile support entering billing/shipping addresses same database line
Its not usable, all new shopify, yo-cart another multi vendor platforms
Using each address each row line. Anyway also o leave break now, i hope cs team understant me , what i want

I see what you mean.

There two possible problems:

1. Client could have multiple credit cards and probably several billing addresses (not sure if this is the case)

2. Client might change his billing address for some reason (in this case we still should save the billing address in orders table)

But I do agree that main scenario should be one billing address (stored in users table) and several shipping address (in case multiple profiles is enabled) that is stored in profiles table.

In case multiple profiles is disabled - one billing and one shipping.

#317296 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 02 July 2019 - 02:04 PM in News and Announcements

Hello 

We prepared the screenshots of how billing section will look like. As you can see in both screens the billing section is extended - this is for demonstration, in case customer selects "YES" for billing equal shipping it will be in one line as before.

Due to our new logic of blocks at new checkout you will be able to place it anywhere. On the screens one implementation is under shipping address, and another is under payment methods. Many big players do place billing address under payment methods. 

Also keep in mind that new logic with blocks allows you to select different fields for shipping and billing address. And as an example of this I added "company name" and "vat number" to billing address.

payments-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

customer-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

#317324 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 07:32 AM in News and Announcements

looking good also willi be support boxes like shipping address ?

customer can be select different billing addresses ?

No plans for several Billing addresses. There will be several shipping addresses (in case allow multiple profiles is enabled) and only on billing address.

Can you describe a scenario when you need several billing addresses?

#317326 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 07:41 AM in News and Announcements

There needs to be labels indicating that the original address (top) is the shipping address and that when billing/shipping same is 'no' that the requested info is for the billing address.  The labels are needed to avoid confusion.

You can add title to any block.

So you can name billing section "Billing address" (there is no name on the screenshot) and rename "Customer" to "Shipping address" 

#317325 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 03 July 2019 - 07:34 AM in News and Announcements

Hi imac.

Good for billing adress i saw but.

can you think some kind of good appear, for this??

23r8vf7.png

As I mentioned above we do not plan to change look and feel of new Checkout for now.

The checkout page is divided into the blocks so no you can just create your "payment methods" smarty block and use it instead of default one.

#316725 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 12:38 PM in News and Announcements

Here is a screenshot of the billing address requirements on Amazon https://prnt.sc/o21xi3

Here it is in a later stage: https://prnt.sc/o21xz6

No please, keep the old checkout as an addon and don't stop it. I still use it. I found out that it is more user friendly than the current lite checkout. 

If you want to improve the lite checkout, it should be as follows: 

1- Checkout should be two steps separated in two pages.

2- Page one is the shipping address page. User fills the shipping address in the first page. Then click save. Then, all editable fields should be changed to text only, so that the user sees a summery of the shipping address that he filled. If the user clicks on edit, the input fields return. 

3- User clicks on continue, then the second page appears with all the other checkout requirements. 

Note1: this method is very mobile friendly. 

Note2: the currenty behavior of the lite checkout, especially this thing: https://prnt.sc/o21zzy is not user friendly at all. It is even misleading. 

Note3: Step by Step checkout with some styling and minor modification becomes very modern and easy. See my checkout: https://prnt.sc/o221bl

Note4: Review this study about the importance of Step by Step checkout (accordion style) https://baymard.com/...ckout-usability

Having said that, I hope you will not discontinue the Step by Step addon. If all the above doens't convince you, just keep it as an option. At least me will still use it for my 2 stores. 

Dear alaa,

Thank you for the most constructive comments. They were very helpful.

At the moment I will try to find a solution how to add billing address to new Checkouts.

I'm not sure we will split checkout into 2 steps or make any other significant changes, but for sure we will try to do it more user friendly. You are free to use the previous version of Checkouts.

#316710 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 10:09 AM in News and Announcements

Many customers, developer and ressellers told you in this post we need two kind of adresses (billing and shipping) for the customer, why are you dont believe us? What is the reason for?

It's not about believe. It's about a reason why.

Have you heard about 5Why framework. What I'm trying to is to understand the real reason why you ask for billing address.

When did you send an invoice by a post service in real life?

In case buyer want to receive an invoice he set his email, and that it's. Customers set their email even in case they buy for someone.

#316553 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:03 PM in News and Announcements

Why it is a problem to bring back this small radio button?

Or let us the old checkout as addon with billing adress?

We have old checkout for now. But I won't bring the billing address back just "because". There should be a reason for this.

In my opinion, the onepage checkout should be optional.

I never saw a good one page checkout.

To many informations in one screen is to confusing and brings a lot of problems for the store e.g shipping methods with shipping rate related to a zip code ( in germany we have isle' with 20 zip codes where we need a higher shipping rate, thats the reason we creat a shipping destination "german isle")

The one page checkout must reload after every entry the customer did, which can be change the shipping ratre,  or you must click on shipping method to reload (like now). But is this smoother than the checkout in steps? i dont think so.

One page checkput sounds good, but isnt. It is easier for customer to guide him step by step.

That why all big stores in germany uses a step by step checkout.

Step by step checkout is outdated. The easier checkout is - the more conversional it is. Checkout should be as simple as only possible, and besides it should be displayed correctly on any kind of device - PC, Tablet, Mobile. That is how we get our new checkout. 

Old checkout, the one that was up to 4.9.3 is deprecated and will be discontinued in one of the future versions.

#316240 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 08 June 2019 - 12:41 PM in News and Announcements

Dear friends,

Thank you so much for trying to explain the problems of 4.10 in the most constructive way.

We do appreciate and value your feedback and it is very important for me as a PM to make a product better.

I will summarise 2 main problems at the moment:

1. Inability to enter the phone in any numeric format

2. Problems with Billing and Shipping address.

Before we discuss these problem let me explain why we did this:

1. This was done in order to normalise data in order and customer tables. Many of our clients make integrations with 3rd party CRM that has automatic call systems, besides when you as admin click on the phone from your mobile device you can call the client right away only if it in correct format. So the idea was to help customer enter the phone number with less mistakes, so the admin has less work to do with filtering this out.

2. From our statistics most store owners work on b2c market, and old checkout was a real problem for them. It's outdated for 10 years at least. And we obviously wanted to make it modern and usable for your clients with such feature as: automatic geolocation, minimum of fields, mobile-friendly . So this was the main idea. Unfortunately we did not digg in into b2b model and that is why from my point of view we have all this discussion.

Our Plans:

1. We will add ability to disable phone in international format, not sure in what why, but there will be some kind of option. (planned for 4.10.2)

2. In order to fix this we should understand the good modern practices and main scenarios

Possible solution at checkout customer selects whether he/she is a company or a regular person. If he is a regular person checkout stays as it is!

In case he selects that he represents a company - there are some extra field (these that previously were in billing sections)

Please note! that I'm no going to bring all the billing fields back for a regular person for cases like he buys for someone else, or he buys from another country. because:

- billing address when you are paying with card is obsolete for most of world payments.

- it can be easily solved by comments to an order

So please answer the following questions:

1. do you need billing address at checkout?

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

3. what approx percent of b2c compare to b2b sales on your site

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

#316554 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:06 PM in News and Announcements

You could not said it any better, billing address in USA is a must, I sell digital products in one of my stores and I don't need a shipping address but I need a billing address for CC verification and I will not do it without, if this is not going to change I will not upgrade of move on to another solution

Hi, can you please write how do you do this validation of billing address? 

Please write a workflow on how it organised on you side.

From what I know, all CC payment processors try to move to 3DS Secure, and it's rare case when some payment requires billing address.

#316555 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 14 June 2019 - 01:08 PM in News and Announcements

I just wanted to add to the request to keep the billing address.  I am just getting started with CS Cart and have spent a lot of money to get up and running so I'm really not happy to read this discussion and fear losing my investment because the cart will no longer do what is required.

My store is in the US and for fraud protection we require the billing address be entered and matched to the bank's records.  If it doesn't match then the customer is declined. I have both b2b and b2c customers and both will frequently use a different ship to address.  I think the issue could easily be resolved with a check box that says shipping same as billing or just automatically make the shipping same as billing and if it's not then a check box that will open up for a shipping address. I see that on 98% of the online accounts I create.  As a customer, if I am shipping to a different address than my billing address I am not upset to have to enter two addresses at checkout.  However, if they are the same I like the ease of it just automatically populating the shipping fields.

I currently use authorize.net and PayPal for my processors.

Thank you for details, I will go through these payments. 

#316708 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 10:03 AM in News and Announcements

Yeah.. I did all of that and it didn't work. Even after deleting cache, etc. I tried it on two different computes and 3 browsers. I had to roll back to fix it.

Please contact tech support and they will help you with that.

#316707 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 18 June 2019 - 10:01 AM in News and Announcements

A customer add the product to cart and move on to checkout , register an account or checkout as a guest , enter the name, address, email, phone number and move on to shipping and payment method, enter the credit card info and submit order, if the address entered does not match the address that is associated with the credit card used on file with the credit card bank, the transaction will be declined because we use fraud protection with our credit card processor to have the street address and zip code match, sure we can remove this requirement and take orders with it but that defeats the purpose of the fraud protection suite that we pay for to make sure the orders we receive are legit and not fraud, if the address entered was correct , in the backend on the order detail page we see this in the response from the credit card processor . This is the way it is with most merchants that I have done business with in USA, you add one billing address and as many shipping addresses as you want, but a billing address that is tied to the credit card used must be there. If we take orders without the billing address, we will be a sitting duck for fraudulent transactions that we can not refute if we get a chargeback. I really don't see the logic behind your thinking and why you want to do this. This will not work for me as I have mentioned on 2 of my stores I sell digital products that don't need a shipping address but a billing address, I will not upgrade and stay where I'm or move on for another platform if this stays the way it is. I have been using CS-Cart since Version 1.35 , more than 10 years now and hate to go somewhere else

What payment methods do you use? 

I'm asking about exact payment methods because most of the payment gateways already moved to 3D Secure or planning to do this.

#315915 Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Posted by imac on 31 May 2019 - 06:46 AM in News and Announcements

Also, for those interested, there are clues that CS-Cart 5.0.1 is coming very soon. A lot of things will be deprecated as far as I could see so you definitely shouldn't expect addons to be released very soon then. 

For now, that is all the information I can give based on the given information in the release package.

There are no plans for 5.0.1 yet.