markhedley's Content

There have been 129 items by markhedley (Search limited from 16-Nov 18)

Sort by                Order  

#268207 Would These Vps Hosting Specs Suffice For A Cs-Cart Site?

Posted by markhedley on 12 January 2017 - 01:45 AM in Web Hosting

For what its worth, invest in a dedicated solution and save yourself the pain of shared hosting environments where one dumb monkeys mistake can ultimately take an entire node down with it.

You get what you pay for and more often than not you get very little in a VPS which over time will annoy and make you regret it. 

#268416 Would It Be Safe To Implement This (Nginx Latest & Php 7)

Posted by markhedley on 15 January 2017 - 04:46 AM in Configuration

Would it be safe to implement this?

Try it on a test server? : )

#268087 Will Version 5 Have A Better Options Architecture?

Posted by markhedley on 11 January 2017 - 02:27 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Am I dumb or has v5 been released yet?

Not dumb, just lacking information :-) not released yet.

#268732 Wholesale Add-On, How To Deal With Quantity Discounts ?

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 12:10 PM in General Questions

Haven't had the change to implement it, since our highly trained monkeys managed to remote each and every one manually in less than an hour. Although, I would like to thank you very much for the reply.

Bill

Not so highly trained if they did it manually :-) hehe

#266529 What Is The Difference Between Seo And Sem?

Posted by markhedley on 15 December 2016 - 03:18 AM in SEO

SEM and SEO go hand in hand basically, the difference as already pointed out is one is Optimisation the other is Marketing.

So it should really be Search Opimised Marketing (SOM).

Marketing informs optimisation decisions such as A/B split testing to see what works best in your marketing be it where a button is placed, color, size, shape, also this is in the realms of CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) -- All in the same area as SEM and SEO hence SOM.

#266784 What Is The Difference Between Seo And Sem?

Posted by markhedley on 18 December 2016 - 04:32 AM in SEO

Does anyone has some general recommendations regarding seo for default cs-cart?

For example some sources say that there should not be more then one h1 tag on page, while default cs-cart block wrap with mainbox title adds additional h1.

Where do u intend to use rest h2, h3 for example on product page? should h2 h3 be title of description or whole description text ?

Would appreciate some input here with your experience.

Best way to describe it for optimising is turn off CSS for your site and see the plain version, see what elements are at the top of the render, additionally in the semantic markup of your page structure.

Other considerations: Canonical URLs, Filter URLs, Indexing and Non Indexed options and feature content. Ensuring the correct lang meta if you are localised in other languages... Ensure pages have a meta description, if possible add OpenGraph Meta's for Facebook, Twitter etc to your product pages.

H1 is generally weighted as the more important for your title element, then it rates down per frequency of use, lots of factors to be honest this is a good selection of them above in a general (Generic) SEO optimisation best practice :-)

#267059 Wechat Payment Gateway

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 06:07 PM in General Questions

; ) 好吧 呵呵

#267049 Wechat Payment Gateway

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 02:47 PM in General Questions

需要开发微信支付方式可以随时联系我们

Dont use Google Translate dude :-) heh

#268638 Using Multi Vendor As A Non-Transactional Site..? Thoughts?

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 12:57 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

They pass the credit card info on the the vendor, and the vendor is responsible for processing the payment

Be interested to know how that effects Security and PCI compliance :-)

#268089 Urgent - Pageload Can Be Over 6 Seconds & Other Problems

Posted by markhedley on 11 January 2017 - 02:51 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I think to get anywhere you should start posting the issues and logs in more detail so people can help you do a diagnosis of the issues. There could be any number of things causing all of those 4 issues above. Could you post SQL query times and other data?

#268436 Upgrdae To Bootstrap 4

Posted by markhedley on 15 January 2017 - 08:41 AM in Upcoming features

They're too busy trying to sell modules no one needs :)

#267515 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 01 January 2017 - 05:10 AM in News and Announcements

IsItFast...Happy New Year.

At least your mails are being SENT...lol

Thankfully I have determined that the fault is not mine.
The php mailer non-function occured after CS-Cart support upgraded my store.

Our CS-Cart store only has activity when we promote sales.

CS-Cart upgraded our store on 29 Nov 2016 with no sales until today.

None of today's sales generated advisory emails.

Coincidence ? I think not.

did you  check your mail.log?

#268086 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 11 January 2017 - 02:20 AM in News and Announcements

Termalert.

Yeah had been following the posts on here and when I got calls I thought it was best place to post.

Have tested emails and they appear to be going, maybe I just have some NON-TECHY customers? LOL

Thanks

Barry

Often the case with non technical people, plausible deniability in their eyes ;)

#268315 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 13 January 2017 - 03:14 AM in News and Announcements

[Tue Jan 10 15:56:59.458425 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 24653:tid 140692667926272] [client 89.67.xx.xx:53522] mod_fcgid: stderr: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed in /home/admin/domains/zestudni.pl/public_html/app/lib/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 367, referer: https://www.zestudni.pl/myadmin.php?dispatch=profiles.update&user_id=45&user_type=A

Hello again, I found something like this in httpd error log.

You are using a self signed SSL certificate, or you have missed the CA Bundle for your chosen / specified SSL certificate somewhere in your configuration.

Solution: Add the Self signed certificate to your CA Bundle.

#268417 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 15 January 2017 - 05:14 AM in News and Announcements

Order emails and form builder contact forms do not work after applying SP2.  My contact us form, which worked fine prior to the update, now goes to a blank white page and does not send email.  It no longer shows the "form submit text" message.  Also, when a new customer signs up, they get the blank white page after submitting their information.  Several people are also suddenly having login issues, but it seems somewhat random.  I was using php mailer prior to the update.  I have tried php mailer, sendmail and Smtp.  All have issues.  Something is definitely messed up with this update.  Any ideas?  I also submitted a support ticket.

No errors in your web server logs?

#268690 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 04:59 AM in News and Announcements

None.  :-(

White screen usually related to MySQL / Database issues, have you also checked your database?

#267514 Two-factor authentication for admin.php and vendor.php logins

Posted by markhedley on 01 January 2017 - 03:38 AM in Security

Hello!

We are glad to introduce you our Two Factor Authentication by Google add-on. It will help you to protect your store from unauthorized access to the admin panel.

in the spirit of 'Security' this kind of add on should be provided as a free add on to help protect stores using CS Cart. 

#268433 Two-factor authentication for admin.php and vendor.php logins

Posted by markhedley on 15 January 2017 - 08:35 AM in Security

Totally agree, added security should be a plus for all and not a paid extra.

Sad thing is they don't acknowledge it.

#278897 Thin Theme By Themehills

Posted by markhedley on 14 June 2017 - 08:57 AM in Store Design & Templates

Looks good but it isnt very 'mobile' friendly from an optimisation perspective....

mH9tJF6.png

#277404 The Proper Way To Migrate Cs-Cart From One Server To Another

Posted by markhedley on 23 May 2017 - 03:29 AM in Web Hosting

You can rename or delete the var/cache directory and CS-Cart will create it anew

Delete only the CONTENT of /your/path/var/cache/ DO NOT delete the whole folder of 'cache' not needed! Just delete what resides inside it.

As for the overall issue, why no server / cs cart logs to pin the issue in one post instead of people 'Guessing' the issue?

#278533 The Proper Way To Migrate Cs-Cart From One Server To Another

Posted by markhedley on 08 June 2017 - 07:32 AM in Web Hosting

Your reasons for this restriction?  On customer sites that have ownership/permission issues, we rename var/cache to var/Xcache all the time to get the full cache to rebuilt.

The registry build is a one-shot and template caches are rebuilt on demand.  Same with static data like css.

Why bother deleting the folder, just the content is fine as well. Not suggesting it's a form of restriction.

#267901 Switching Http To Https Full Site

Posted by markhedley on 09 January 2017 - 07:35 AM in General Questions

Yes you need to create https version in webmaster tools, also sitemap has to be re generated and re submitted.

You should not expect very fast indexation from google, they save approx 300 pages a month!

For what I feel my rankings have dropped according to some keywords..

Ranking drop has nothing to do with switching to SSL protocol for your site, that is another issue entirely :-)

#267907 Switching Http To Https Full Site

Posted by markhedley on 09 January 2017 - 07:56 AM in General Questions

When you add https version of site google does not take it as 1:1 copy, they re index all from scratch, while your http version in no longer accessible.. Sure it does impact..

then you should be passing the link juice from your http to https links ;-) as I said not exactly the effect of switching but another issue about SEO management and best practices when migrating any link structures expect 'some ranking influences negatively'. It's a broader subject than just 'switching http to https' is my point :-)

#268022 Switching Http To Https Full Site

Posted by markhedley on 10 January 2017 - 08:31 AM in General Questions

Yes, it is all handled by a 301 redirect but Kingsleypress is saying he didnt set up HTTPS in WM tools.

There is still a small transition window, that can fluctuate even with 301, but my 4500 pages were all indexed in about 7 days, we did notice a small drop of for a few weeks.

Small drop expected as I have said :-) but it isnt the result of HTTP to HTTPS entirely :-)

#277389 Status Change

Posted by markhedley on 22 May 2017 - 11:26 PM in General Questions

is there a way to change a status code of a created status?

Via database