markhedley's Content

There have been 129 items by markhedley (Search limited from 21-Nov 18)

Sort by                Order  

#266957 Options Improvements, Please Vote For It

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 01:40 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

so basically anything we customised in 4.4.x will be worthless in v5... OH great another F** Prestashop company!

#267008 Options Improvements, Please Vote For It

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 09:55 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

If you customised correctly - using add-ons and child theme than probably some add-ons will need correction, but not all, and I hope it will be easy and smooth process. We provide Developer changes with each new release - these instructions will help to migrate your add-ons.

We've gathered a lot of feedback during release of v3 and v4 and do understand how import backward compatibility is for our clients. So I will do everything possible to get maximum effect from minimum code changes even thought it will cost us more time.

OK -- that is somewhat reassuring at least for now :-)

Please dont make the same mistakes as Magento and Prestashop did :-)

By the way slightly off topic and related.... Do Simtech have a ready to go Odoo connector for CS Cart?

#268085 Presenting A Lightning-Fast And Enduring Cs-Cart Demo With 200,000 Products

Posted by markhedley on 11 January 2017 - 02:18 AM in News and Announcements

Man, when CS-Cart abandons stuff, they completely kill it and completely ignore even taking 5 minutes to give response. You guys were huge on performance and kept bragging about it for months and now you don't even respond to our questions about performance.

If I can say anything with CS Cart in the few months developing a large system it is that you either need;

a) Lots of time to learn the structure of CS Cart add ons and then hooks etc to develop yourself

B) Lots of money and patience to work with some of the CS Cart 'Authorised resellers' or Simtech themselves

c) Find the answers on your own as it will always come with a price as every other typical 'should be in CS Cart function' is surprisingly a charged 'extra' even security add ons.

#278897 Thin Theme By Themehills

Posted by markhedley on 14 June 2017 - 08:57 AM in Store Design & Templates

Looks good but it isnt very 'mobile' friendly from an optimisation perspective....

mH9tJF6.png

#268086 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 11 January 2017 - 02:20 AM in News and Announcements

Termalert.

Yeah had been following the posts on here and when I got calls I thought it was best place to post.

Have tested emails and they appear to be going, maybe I just have some NON-TECHY customers? LOL

Thanks

Barry

Often the case with non technical people, plausible deniability in their eyes ;)

#268315 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 13 January 2017 - 03:14 AM in News and Announcements

[Tue Jan 10 15:56:59.458425 2017] [fcgid:warn] [pid 24653:tid 140692667926272] [client 89.67.xx.xx:53522] mod_fcgid: stderr: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed in /home/admin/domains/zestudni.pl/public_html/app/lib/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 367, referer: https://www.zestudni.pl/myadmin.php?dispatch=profiles.update&user_id=45&user_type=A

Hello again, I found something like this in httpd error log.

You are using a self signed SSL certificate, or you have missed the CA Bundle for your chosen / specified SSL certificate somewhere in your configuration.

Solution: Add the Self signed certificate to your CA Bundle.

#268690 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 04:59 AM in News and Announcements

None.  :-(

White screen usually related to MySQL / Database issues, have you also checked your database?

#268417 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 15 January 2017 - 05:14 AM in News and Announcements

Order emails and form builder contact forms do not work after applying SP2.  My contact us form, which worked fine prior to the update, now goes to a blank white page and does not send email.  It no longer shows the "form submit text" message.  Also, when a new customer signs up, they get the blank white page after submitting their information.  Several people are also suddenly having login issues, but it seems somewhat random.  I was using php mailer prior to the update.  I have tried php mailer, sendmail and Smtp.  All have issues.  Something is definitely messed up with this update.  Any ideas?  I also submitted a support ticket.

No errors in your web server logs?

#267515 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 01 January 2017 - 05:10 AM in News and Announcements

IsItFast...Happy New Year.

At least your mails are being SENT...lol

Thankfully I have determined that the fault is not mine.
The php mailer non-function occured after CS-Cart support upgraded my store.

Our CS-Cart store only has activity when we promote sales.

CS-Cart upgraded our store on 29 Nov 2016 with no sales until today.

None of today's sales generated advisory emails.

Coincidence ? I think not.

did you  check your mail.log?

#266810 API helper class for CS-Cart 4 - FREE

Posted by markhedley on 19 December 2016 - 04:44 AM in Developers' Corner

Hello, you can directly in the home page (index.tpl) call Banner and blog data Can no one help me?

stick to the topic perhaps???

#268636 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 12:52 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Host simply kicked me out of shared hosting, thats how I learned I need VPS..

Shared Hosting == VPS generally :-) You are sharing space on a physical system with other Virtual Private Servers so essentially the same thing Darius :-)

#268693 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 05:04 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

markhedley. Research ?? I run a business and don't have the faintest clue about software and possible conflicts.

Asking the likes of me to 'research' is almost funny.

johnbol1, does it require a super brain for this 'dedicated' stuff or deep pockets ?

Can you advise what dollars per month you pay ? By pm is fine.

Well, if you aren't doing any R&D as a Business owner I can only offer my condolences :-) I would suggest to get a Cloud Dedicated or Physical Dedicated solution in place with a good Service Level Agreement (SLA) as well.

#268733 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 12:12 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I manufacture termite control products. This is where I prefer to focus R&D and

neither have the time or inclination to make myself conversant with the foibles

of code.

During installation CS-Cart is able to run a routine whereby the destination server

is evaluated for compliance to run the cart. Perhaps the CS-Cart team are more

deserving of your 'condolences' inasmuch as their own R & D has failed to come

up with a sufficiently comprehensive compliance routine.

How can I not 'blame all to the software' ?

Each to their own :-) you buy a car without checking its specification? Its the same with Software, find the right run time environment to suite the Software but dont blame the Software when the Tyre's (in the car example) are not sufficient standard e.g. Server is cheap like the Tyre's ;-)

#268559 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 12:45 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Well markhedley, a warning like "CS-Cart is not suitable for shared hosts" would have been nice.

It might have prevented me experiencing intermittent 'mess ups' over the last 4 years.

Research :) dont blame all to the Software. 

#268415 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 15 January 2017 - 04:37 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

In these times most people have fast internet so geographical location of a server

is not as important as it once was.

My greatest wish is for Simtech or CS-Cart or whoever to set up their own server farm

so that compatibility issues can become a thing of the past.

It would be a hybrid of SAAS and our current situations.

Dont use shared hosts : )

#268317 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 13 January 2017 - 04:44 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Maybe you ran out of free space on your server?

No maybe about it dude...

"2017-01-13 08:45:06.568 [NOTICE] [203.214.79.100:51329] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Tygh\Exceptions\DatabaseException' with message 'Disk full "

Says it all right there :-)

#272846 Redirect loop with ssl

Posted by markhedley on 13 March 2017 - 05:11 PM in Configuration

Redirect loop is always caused by server side issues.

Not always ;-) can be caused by bad coding as well. Never forget PEBCAK ;-)

#267901 Switching Http To Https Full Site

Posted by markhedley on 09 January 2017 - 07:35 AM in General Questions

Yes you need to create https version in webmaster tools, also sitemap has to be re generated and re submitted.

You should not expect very fast indexation from google, they save approx 300 pages a month!

For what I feel my rankings have dropped according to some keywords..

Ranking drop has nothing to do with switching to SSL protocol for your site, that is another issue entirely :-)

#267907 Switching Http To Https Full Site

Posted by markhedley on 09 January 2017 - 07:56 AM in General Questions

When you add https version of site google does not take it as 1:1 copy, they re index all from scratch, while your http version in no longer accessible.. Sure it does impact..

then you should be passing the link juice from your http to https links ;-) as I said not exactly the effect of switching but another issue about SEO management and best practices when migrating any link structures expect 'some ranking influences negatively'. It's a broader subject than just 'switching http to https' is my point :-)

#268022 Switching Http To Https Full Site

Posted by markhedley on 10 January 2017 - 08:31 AM in General Questions

Yes, it is all handled by a 301 redirect but Kingsleypress is saying he didnt set up HTTPS in WM tools.

There is still a small transition window, that can fluctuate even with 301, but my 4500 pages were all indexed in about 7 days, we did notice a small drop of for a few weeks.

Small drop expected as I have said :-) but it isnt the result of HTTP to HTTPS entirely :-)

#275182 Good Alternatives To Paypal, Stripe?

Posted by markhedley on 12 April 2017 - 06:41 PM in General Questions

To update, after about 10 successful orders with Square they cancelled our service, with the message: 

"We're sorry to inform you that we are deactivating your account. We reviewed your account and found that your business is prohibited by Section 3 of the Payment Terms and/or Section 4 of the General Terms, which means we cannot accept payments related to your business."

So no more Square.. Are there any other options anyone knows about?

By the sounds of it you'll end up blacklisted on all the processors due to your line of business.

Clearly something not right with how you are doing the business or they just don't want the liability of being the facilitator of sending drugs not medically approved? Just a hunch, maybe i'm wrong.

Maybe eat a few of those 'Cognitive' pills you referred to and the answer will present itself :-)

#278533 The Proper Way To Migrate Cs-Cart From One Server To Another

Posted by markhedley on 08 June 2017 - 07:32 AM in Web Hosting

Your reasons for this restriction?  On customer sites that have ownership/permission issues, we rename var/cache to var/Xcache all the time to get the full cache to rebuilt.

The registry build is a one-shot and template caches are rebuilt on demand.  Same with static data like css.

Why bother deleting the folder, just the content is fine as well. Not suggesting it's a form of restriction.

#277404 The Proper Way To Migrate Cs-Cart From One Server To Another

Posted by markhedley on 23 May 2017 - 03:29 AM in Web Hosting

You can rename or delete the var/cache directory and CS-Cart will create it anew

Delete only the CONTENT of /your/path/var/cache/ DO NOT delete the whole folder of 'cache' not needed! Just delete what resides inside it.

As for the overall issue, why no server / cs cart logs to pin the issue in one post instead of people 'Guessing' the issue?

#268087 Will Version 5 Have A Better Options Architecture?

Posted by markhedley on 11 January 2017 - 02:27 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Am I dumb or has v5 been released yet?

Not dumb, just lacking information :-) not released yet.

#268646 Add-Ons By Simtech Development: Clone Categories

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 01:06 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Excellent, that's fantastic news.

your category concept sounds like an SEO nightmare.