markhedley's Content

There have been 129 items by markhedley (Search limited from 12-Nov 18)

Sort by                Order  

#264989 Shipping Methods With Zones (Not Locations)

Posted by markhedley on 26 November 2016 - 07:54 AM in General Questions

Hi everyone

I have a very complex shipping matrix which requires shipping countries to be specified by each Shipping Method (Carriers) Zone. For now I have met with a huge limitation where by if this scenario occurs things fall apart:

1. Shipping Method A has 7 zones, DHL Zone 1 to 7

Inside this zone is for example: Spain

2. Shipping Method B has 2 zones, FedEx Zone 1 and 2

Inside Zone 1 is Spain

The problem: I can only be provided the FIRST shipping method and the other method is ignored because the country is defined in a Location already. 

The question: Can this be solved easily? is there an add on for it?

Thanks,

Mark

#265163 Shipping Methods With Zones (Not Locations)

Posted by markhedley on 29 November 2016 - 03:11 AM in General Questions

I am afraid, it is not possible without additional code modification

A comment i am bored of hearing in this forum. WHY Can't CS Cart do a basic function? This software is truly a con!

#265193 Shipping Methods With Zones (Not Locations)

Posted by markhedley on 29 November 2016 - 09:30 AM in General Questions

Equally when a carrier only has 1 location rates table set... e.g. UPS Europe location rates only... You can still go into the checkout and select e.g. Singapore and it will present you UPS as a shipping method! this is absolutely crazy! how can we limit a carrier by locations?????

How can this be solved?!?

#265642 Social Icons

Posted by markhedley on 05 December 2016 - 04:33 PM in General Questions

just edit the icons.less in your theme folder css/tygh/

Stop giving people money for add ons when there is really no need to do so :-)

#266064 Add-On: [Wsa] Product Options Vat

Posted by markhedley on 11 December 2016 - 08:37 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

This add on doesnt seem to add any rates to the product when a tax option is selected. What is its actual objective? The demo doesn't make sense if the VAT isn't applied to order total?

#266066 Add-On: [Wsa] Product Options Vat

Posted by markhedley on 11 December 2016 - 09:06 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

PS... OK, I get the purpose now but what would be good is if when you pick an option the VAT calculation should be offered at the product price? 

E.g. Set a option called 'Ship from‘ and it has two variants.. EU or China.

If I select China, this one is no extra's applied to it, if I select EU it has 20% VAT applied to the variant, however when selecting it the product price is not updated to include the VAT, nor is there any clear mention of the VAT (Ex and Inc VAT) which is legally required at the products level and checkout flow.

Can these things be solved then I am very keen to purchase this add on.

Thanks

#266491 Add-On Update Is Pain In The Neck With Cs-Cart Developers

Posted by markhedley on 14 December 2016 - 04:49 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

If they centralised their update service for add on developers then it wouldnt be a problem :)

#266529 What Is The Difference Between Seo And Sem?

Posted by markhedley on 15 December 2016 - 03:18 AM in SEO

SEM and SEO go hand in hand basically, the difference as already pointed out is one is Optimisation the other is Marketing.

So it should really be Search Opimised Marketing (SOM).

Marketing informs optimisation decisions such as A/B split testing to see what works best in your marketing be it where a button is placed, color, size, shape, also this is in the realms of CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) -- All in the same area as SEM and SEO hence SOM.

#266661 Bar Code for Product

Posted by markhedley on 16 December 2016 - 08:13 AM in Configuration

its useful if you record it to the shipping bill and get a return, you can scan the barcode into the back office and retrieve the order info :-)

#266665 Any Developers Familiar With Barcodes?

Posted by markhedley on 16 December 2016 - 08:26 AM in Third-Party Services

any progression with this new functions? 

Some people need to book stock into the system as well - a simple QTY number isnt often enough. Booking the items in as STOCK would be good with the barcodes.

e.g. Book 10 items in needs to make 10 fields for each barcode of the product

Qty is then set 10 items.

Each order reduces the inventory taking one of these 10 out per time attaching the product and barcode to the order. 

Has anyone got this done yet?

Cheers,

Mark

#266747 Any Developers Familiar With Barcodes?

Posted by markhedley on 17 December 2016 - 04:18 AM in Third-Party Services

I'm working on this right now and in march we will start working on the prototype.

Hi,

Did you progress this function at all? 4.4.2 and still nothing about this core function which many vendors need.

Thanks in advance

#266783 Profit Per Order

Posted by markhedley on 18 December 2016 - 04:25 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Hi there,

I am using an add on currently which allows me to add the supplier price of each item. It then works out the profit based on the sale value.

However, what is doesn't do it add all products up in an order and give me profit per order.

Both the supplier price and profit per order would be fantastic extras to CS Cart.

Thanks

Andrew

What is the name of the add on you are using for this? I am facing a similar challenge for our new project so wondered if you mind to share the add on developers link?

Thanks.

#266784 What Is The Difference Between Seo And Sem?

Posted by markhedley on 18 December 2016 - 04:32 AM in SEO

Does anyone has some general recommendations regarding seo for default cs-cart?

For example some sources say that there should not be more then one h1 tag on page, while default cs-cart block wrap with mainbox title adds additional h1.

Where do u intend to use rest h2, h3 for example on product page? should h2 h3 be title of description or whole description text ?

Would appreciate some input here with your experience.

Best way to describe it for optimising is turn off CSS for your site and see the plain version, see what elements are at the top of the render, additionally in the semantic markup of your page structure.

Other considerations: Canonical URLs, Filter URLs, Indexing and Non Indexed options and feature content. Ensuring the correct lang meta if you are localised in other languages... Ensure pages have a meta description, if possible add OpenGraph Meta's for Facebook, Twitter etc to your product pages.

H1 is generally weighted as the more important for your title element, then it rates down per frequency of use, lots of factors to be honest this is a good selection of them above in a general (Generic) SEO optimisation best practice :-)

#266785 Profit Per Order

Posted by markhedley on 18 December 2016 - 05:39 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

@Andrew - you should contact the addon developer.  Our EZ Cost Based Pricing addon will give you the profit on each item and the total order.

Hi tbirnseth,

does your add on meet the following:

Calculate profit of the at the time of the cost price of the product e.g. If at 10am the price of the trade cost price was 200.00 USD, then at 12pm changed due to market conditions to a lower price of say 190 USD, would the orders already placed remain with the COST PRICE and PROFIT at the time of the order or is things updated based on current cost price across all orders?

Ideally I wouldn't want a cascading update of the profits to historical order invoices. Additionally a way to view all those COST price changes as a movement of pricing which also helps in purchasing decisions.

The last part about Reporting, can the add on support export of the orders history along with the total profit and cost prices of the respective products?

Thank you.

#266807 Profit Per Order

Posted by markhedley on 19 December 2016 - 01:16 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

Cost is a product property and is used to calculate profit for an order at the time the order is placed.  The cost of a purchased product is not updated in an order when the product property is changed (just like price).  So the profit of an order is price minus cost at the time the product is placed.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the reply... How about the other query of reporting?

I'll make the requirement more detailed...

1. Record cost price changes historically over the year for each product sold?

2. In admin order view the orders each product line and qty has a separated Profit and Cost price at the time the cost price was set recorded to the order history?

3. If any cost price is changed in the system this would not effect the orders or other profit data of those periods of time? 

4. Can the data be shown in the admin dash board for the total profit of all sum of orders?

#266810 API helper class for CS-Cart 4 - FREE

Posted by markhedley on 19 December 2016 - 04:44 AM in Developers' Corner

Hello, you can directly in the home page (index.tpl) call Banner and blog data Can no one help me?

stick to the topic perhaps???

#266910 Openerp v.7 SYNCER CS-Cart 4.x

Posted by markhedley on 20 December 2016 - 10:42 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

Here is something that might help all of you to integrate odoo and cs-cart
http://snippetbucket...gration-expert/

they want $2000 minimum for their offering.

If anyone has integrated Odoo could they please contact me asap. I have a project requirement for this.

#266957 Options Improvements, Please Vote For It

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 01:40 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

so basically anything we customised in 4.4.x will be worthless in v5... OH great another F** Prestashop company!

#266959 Any Developers Familiar With Barcodes?

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 03:28 AM in Third-Party Services

This feature is planned for v5, not for 4.4.x 

Here you can find some details: http://forum.cs-cart...ndpost&p=255994

A pity, it will likely influence a move away from your software in this case. I feel this is fast becoming the next company to foul up for a core change in 5.x much like Prestashop did with 1.7.

It also worries me for the backward compatible modifications in 4.4.x which I am going to hazard a guess at being inoperable in 5.x

#267008 Options Improvements, Please Vote For It

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 09:55 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

If you customised correctly - using add-ons and child theme than probably some add-ons will need correction, but not all, and I hope it will be easy and smooth process. We provide Developer changes with each new release - these instructions will help to migrate your add-ons.

We've gathered a lot of feedback during release of v3 and v4 and do understand how import backward compatibility is for our clients. So I will do everything possible to get maximum effect from minimum code changes even thought it will cost us more time.

OK -- that is somewhat reassuring at least for now :-)

Please dont make the same mistakes as Magento and Prestashop did :-)

By the way slightly off topic and related.... Do Simtech have a ready to go Odoo connector for CS Cart?

#267009 Odoo Connector For Cs Cart 4.4.x (Developer Needed) Urgent

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 09:59 AM in General Questions

Hi,

Are there any CS Cart developers on the forum willing to help integrate Odoo for CS Cart? I have contacted 2LM about their connector and no reply so far.

I also contacted one Indian company but they tried to TRICK us for a lot of money, $2,000 USD for an effectively OPEN system (Odoo) and an API Bridge.

I'm realistic for budget and Odoo is a free github clone away - Is there any developers with the willing or experience to help spec the job for my project?

Please contact me as soon as possible -- The requirement is time sensitive.

Thanks,

Mark

#267011 Odoo Connector For Cs Cart 4.4.x (Developer Needed) Urgent

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 10:22 AM in General Questions

We are available at your service. Please feel free to contact us at support@webkul.com

We already tried to pitch to your company about this but your quotation was $2,000 USD which is not inside our Budget. We also replied with some considerations to lower the cost to meet with our budget requirements but this was left ignored.

I have to say this is not the way to be with potential clients :-) If you can help with a more realistic quote than I would happy to hear from you.

Thanks,

Mark

#267018 Odoo Connector For Cs Cart 4.4.x (Developer Needed) Urgent

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 11:22 AM in General Questions

Hello, Mark!

Please, contact us at sales@simtechdev.com

Hi Oleg,

I have dropped you an email to that address :-) -- Webkul, i've contacted you as well.

Thank you.

Mark

#267034 Odoo Connector For Cs Cart 4.4.x (Developer Needed) Urgent

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 01:36 PM in General Questions

I want to share some experiences in this so far:

1. Webkul have spoken to me on Skype, promised me a quotation by the end of the day then they went offline and nothing more said. 

2. Simtech have proposed 2 days to check spec, perfectly acceptable so waiting for the quote.

3. SnippetBucket AVOID at all costs, they are terribly bad at attitude and are looking to over inflate their price for Odoo and the service on offer. Odoo is free to download and install if you know what you are doing.

4. Some open projects online have results in a few other recommendations but they all 'shoe horn' things to CS Cart which is not what the aim of the project really is.

I hope more people can speak up on how they deal with CS Cart and ERP solutions. It seems to be the WORST aspect of running CS Cart for enterprises.

#267043 Odoo Connector For Cs Cart 4.4.x (Developer Needed) Urgent

Posted by markhedley on 21 December 2016 - 02:09 PM in General Questions

Please post your requirements here

Can you provide me a Skype contact to talk with you please?