markhedley's Content

There have been 129 items by markhedley (Search limited from 04-Aug 19)

Sort by                Order  

#268991 Redirect Https To Http

Posted by markhedley on 21 January 2017 - 06:37 AM in General Questions

Hi,

Before Im using https, but now I get problem with my ssl certificated & need time to solved this issue. So I want to back using http for temporary. How to setting? Im using CS Cart 4.3.9

config.local.php and the company settings in your CS Cart admin would suffice to change it from https:// to http:// and turn off any options related to using SSL (Web server side etc).

#268858 Buy Together Where Display In Promotion

Posted by markhedley on 19 January 2017 - 02:51 PM in General Questions

You are right. But in 2017 we still find stores without SEO module enabled :)

then you should be kicking these stores :)

each to their own at the end of the day, nothing more to say ';)

#268821 Buy Together Where Display In Promotion

Posted by markhedley on 19 January 2017 - 07:57 AM in General Questions

The correct URL is

index.php?dispatch=promotions.list

If SEO module is enabled, the system will redirect you to the SEO url

Correct url is whatever is set by the user. For me the SEO url is correct. Not the parameter one.

Both are correct depending on your needs.

Thanks.

#268819 Ask A Question, Product Inquiry

Posted by markhedley on 19 January 2017 - 07:53 AM in Configuration

Is it possible to create a form within cs-cart to make a product question from product details page.

But will this form contain a linkback to product question was asked from?

There is an add on in the Market place for it or use the contact form and place a smarty form inside it. 

#268795 How To Create Subdomain In Multivendor

Posted by markhedley on 19 January 2017 - 05:39 AM in General Questions

Hi everyone,

I am using cscart multivendor4.3.x and I dont know how to create subdomain for any of my vendor (Ex. vendor_name.mysitename.com). 

Is anyone aware of this.

Thanks in advance.

First would be to configure your CNAME or A records depending on your situation within your hosting DNS control panel or domain control panel.

Second would be to set the other vendors up and apply their domain prefixes based on the DNS settings for the 'vendor_name' CNAME or A record.

#268793 Buy Together Where Display In Promotion

Posted by markhedley on 19 January 2017 - 04:43 AM in General Questions

Hi there,

I want several products combined in one promotion. Now I found the buy-together addon. There is a checkbox "Display in promotion". But where does it go to? What is the purpose of this checkbox? Because I cannot find it under [Marketing]->[Promotions].

Best regards,

Lianne

The checkbox makes the products available here: http://yoursite.co.uk/promotions

For the display aspects you can also view the buy together products in the product details tab view as well.

#268792 Recover Deleted Account

Posted by markhedley on 19 January 2017 - 04:38 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

Is it possible to recover a deleted user account?

Or alternatively is it possible to assign orphaned transactions to a new user account without altering the transactions details (e.g. shipping address details).

Editing an order and using the 'Choose User' option changes the order details such as shipping address which may have been different in the past on an order.

Once a user is deleted its gone. So unless you have backups you are out of luck for that.

As for associate the old orders to a new account, just make the new account with the old address and link it back when editing would be the only way. 

#268790 Is There A Way To Slow Down The Newsletter Email Queue?

Posted by markhedley on 19 January 2017 - 12:47 AM in Configuration

Just a footnote....  It's always better to use a 3rd party email blaster app such as mailchimp rather than sending out from your store.  They do this for a living and the odds of your stuff ending up in a spam bucket is much lower with this type of service.  Major providers give them more leeway due to their reputation.

the leeway is created because of DMARC, DKIM and proper IP Whitelisting these providers have and adhere to. DIY Email sending is a road to blacklists.

#268757 Pass Different Currency To Payment Gateway Instead Of Default Currency

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 03:41 PM in General Questions

For example, in PayPal the following code is used

$order_info['total'] = fn_format_price_by_currency($order_info['total'], CART_PRIMARY_CURRENCY, $currency_code);

where currency code - is the code of the required currency

But there is also references hard coded to USD which need to be adjusted in the Paypal code, as an example  :-)

#268756 Image Gallery

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 03:39 PM in General Questions

Is it possible to have an image gallery on a different page.

Does anyone make an addon for this?

You can use Carousels on other pages for sure using the snippets in the layout editor. Maybe no need get add ons :-)

#268755 Branch Eol

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 03:37 PM in General Questions

Hi, i'm new to CS and i'm gathering information about the CS version numbers. Can someone explain to me how the versions (4.x.x) work and, especially, is there a end of live announcement / roadmap for branch 4.2.x.? I cant find any info one that.

The reason behind the question is a upcoming migration to a new server and I'm not sure if its better to setup for a higher branch right away.

Regards,

3a

4.4.2 is latest and 4.4.5 will come along soon enough then I guess one more to 5 but only Simtech / CS Cart devs know when exactly.

For now you should be OK but would be good to see an 'Official roadmap' for this for sure.

#268754 Shipping Options

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 03:29 PM in Configuration

We have a client that is trying to setup their shipping methods to match their old site that we have replaced for them.

They want to offer three shipping methods:

• Click and Collect (Pick up in the Shop)
  • Deliver to the person's house
  • Deliver to the child's school. (it is a shop selling school uniform)

The first option should always be offered without charge.

The second option should also always be offered, but has the following price breaks on basket value:

£0 - £50 = £4.95

£50.01 - £150 = £7.95

More than £150.01 = £0.00

So far, so good.

Our problematic one, is the Deliver to school method.

This method should always be free, BUT only be offered if the basket weight is > 1000g. Only some of the schools the shop supplies to are happy for parent's orders to be delivered on the premises so we have had to govern which schools this method kicks in for.

CS Cart doesn't seem (unless I'm mistaken) to be able to deal with a scenario where a shipping method only kicks after a certain threshold, which in this case is where the basket weight is over 1000g. 

We are happy to look at other options if we are going about this the wrong way.

Thanks in advance,

Rawden.

It can do this, just set your other carrier to cut off before the 1000g and then your carrier which needs to handle these 1000g > higher orders can be used for the 'School Delivery' option then set up your locations accordingly or ask them to state the School in the order notes.

#268733 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 12:12 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I manufacture termite control products. This is where I prefer to focus R&D and

neither have the time or inclination to make myself conversant with the foibles

of code.

During installation CS-Cart is able to run a routine whereby the destination server

is evaluated for compliance to run the cart. Perhaps the CS-Cart team are more

deserving of your 'condolences' inasmuch as their own R & D has failed to come

up with a sufficiently comprehensive compliance routine.

How can I not 'blame all to the software' ?

Each to their own :-) you buy a car without checking its specification? Its the same with Software, find the right run time environment to suite the Software but dont blame the Software when the Tyre's (in the car example) are not sufficient standard e.g. Server is cheap like the Tyre's ;-)

#268732 Wholesale Add-On, How To Deal With Quantity Discounts ?

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 12:10 PM in General Questions

Haven't had the change to implement it, since our highly trained monkeys managed to remote each and every one manually in less than an hour. Although, I would like to thank you very much for the reply.

Bill

Not so highly trained if they did it manually :-) hehe

#268707 Additional Storefront

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 07:53 AM in Installation & Upgrade

I think the addon name is not clear.

Yes, if you are familiar with CSS

just a heads up, might be time to remove the 'Snow' effect from your site guys ;-)

#268694 Page Description Box Deleting Html Code? (Mve 4.4.2)

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 05:35 AM in Configuration

the code needs to go into a .tpl not the admin text editor in your CS Cart backend. Might be the reason?

#268693 Service Unavailable ?

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 05:04 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

markhedley. Research ?? I run a business and don't have the faintest clue about software and possible conflicts.

Asking the likes of me to 'research' is almost funny.

johnbol1, does it require a super brain for this 'dedicated' stuff or deep pockets ?

Can you advise what dollars per month you pay ? By pm is fine.

Well, if you aren't doing any R&D as a Business owner I can only offer my condolences :-) I would suggest to get a Cloud Dedicated or Physical Dedicated solution in place with a good Service Level Agreement (SLA) as well.

#268692 Skip Backup During Upgrade

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 05:03 AM in Installation & Upgrade

I make my own backups before upgrades (everything gets saved into version control so that I can see what's changed and maybe begin to understand the theme upgrade process). Can I skip the backup that takes place during upgrade? Currently it's taking over 30 minutes per backup and I've currently on 4.2.4, trying to move up to at least 4.3.8.

Thanks.

Have you tried to restore from your backups in a disaster recovery scenario? If yes then no reason to not trust your backups.

If in doubt run a database dump and also copy the files to a location outside of the update so you can easily roll back in the event of a failure. Key thing is to ensure your backups actually work :)

#268691 Pass Different Currency To Payment Gateway Instead Of Default Currency

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 05:01 AM in General Questions

Hi,
May i know is it possible to pass all the display currency include default currency to all the available payment gateway ,including molpay?
Example:store default currency is USD,but there are some other currency available for user to choose,if user choose RM,system will convert to RM ,JPY then convert JPY. This conversion I already implemented. But the issue is the store still pass the total amount with default currency (USD) to payment gateway.
Is it possible for me to pass the currency that user selected from my storefront with the converted checkout amount?

Which payment gateway? Also does your payment gateway provide multi currency support for payments at the bank settlement side? Some need to be configured outside of the CS Cart environment first.

Would help to know the Gateway provider you are using as to suggest the modification. But in summary yes it is possible to modify the functions to handle multi currency if you know PHP :-)

#268690 Update: Critical Vulnerability In Phpmailer Library. Should Be Fixed Asap

Posted by markhedley on 18 January 2017 - 04:59 AM in News and Announcements

None.  :-(

White screen usually related to MySQL / Database issues, have you also checked your database?

#268646 Add-Ons By Simtech Development: Clone Categories

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 01:06 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Excellent, that's fantastic news.

your category concept sounds like an SEO nightmare.

#268642 Searching Orders By B_Firstname Or S_Firstname

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 01:03 PM in Hints & Modifications

So it does not work? What hook do you use? Post the whole function here

Be careful what you wish for it might turn into Pastebin soon ;-P

#268640 Cs-Cart Is Best Multivendor And Flexible Sofware

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 01:01 PM in Why CS-Cart

most of our customers are preferring "CS-Cart Multi-Vendor" for their Marketplace website development needs.

We have developed more than 100+ CS-Cart eCommerce websites and 25+ CS-Cart Multi-Vendor (Marketplace) websites for our customers around the world.

So that must mean according to your 100 normal CS sites vs 25 multi vendor developments that your customers clearly dont pick you for development if they are 'preferring' Multi-Vendor :-)

Just wanted to point that out.

#268638 Using Multi Vendor As A Non-Transactional Site..? Thoughts?

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 12:57 PM in Multi-Vendor Edition

They pass the credit card info on the the vendor, and the vendor is responsible for processing the payment

Be interested to know how that effects Security and PCI compliance :-)

#268637 Searching Orders By B_Firstname Or S_Firstname

Posted by markhedley on 17 January 2017 - 12:56 PM in Hints & Modifications

I just copy the bad line, i have both added eComLabs, S and B 

Better if you post the full context of the code then maybe someone can help more instead of critique of 'pseudo / snippet code' :)