musicsite's Content

There have been 12 items by musicsite (Search limited from 17-Aug 18)

Sort by                Order  

#234746 One Step Checkout - Simple Layout

Posted by musicsite on 14 November 2015 - 02:16 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

This addon does not solve that problem. IWe have the same happening.

Thanks for the info.
Yeah it's a real problem that anyone who has registered in the past are forced to login. Pretty much kills orders from mobiles when they have to wait for server emails to reset forgotten passwords.

Guest checkouts and quick checkout systems are the normal way to shop these days, logging in should be a choice regardless if a user has registered before.

#234742 One Step Checkout - Simple Layout

Posted by musicsite on 14 November 2015 - 01:10 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

Hi,

Does this addon solve the problem of customers who have registered in the past but would like to checkout as guest being able to use their email without seeing the "error. This email address already exists".

I'd like to let them register if they wish but also checkout as guest if they wish - even if the information they use is the same as registered information.

Most of my customers buy something new on announcement and it could be a year or two between orders - they forget registered information or even the fact they did register in the past. But if they have registered in the past, then try to checkout as guest, they get blocked by CS-Cart for using a registered email address and forced to login / reset the password.

It causes people to give up and shop elsewhere.

If they could just continue with the checkout without being forced to login i'm sure it would mean more orders.

Thanks

#235593 One Step Checkout - Simple Layout

Posted by musicsite on 24 November 2015 - 12:38 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

We have customized the addon to allow 'Registered Users Checking Out As Guests'. Please contact us here for more details.

I bought this addon and it really has improved the checkout, customers seem to be taking to it as well.

It's great to have the checkout work regardless of registered / previously registered / guest - they can just checkout how they wish without being given error notices to login if they don't want to or have forgotten they have registered in the past. The cart doesn't second guess their choice, it just lets them order which means we get paid and the customer isn't left confused why the cart won't take their money because of their email address.

Thanks cscartrocks!

#223523 Add-On: Product Stickers

Posted by musicsite on 20 July 2015 - 06:15 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Hi, i really like this add-on, it has a lot of uses when making custom stickers to help identify products.

I was hoping you could add a few more display options - maybe add 'display in blocks' which would mean they'll show in every product block where ever those blocks are used.

Currently the options are:
Display only on the following pages: Product, Category, Everywhere.

Some of the custom stickers i've made need to show up on all product blocks - but not on the product page.
If i select category they won't show on the home page blocks and if i select everywhere they'll show on the product page.
So i need something in the middle, if i could select 'blocks' then it would be great.

Or maybe If the 'display on the following pages' was a checkbox we could just tick off which areas we want them to show in and each sticker could have it's own setting rather than a global setting.

Thanks for your great work!

#234750 Allow Registered Users To Use Guest Checkout

Posted by musicsite on 14 November 2015 - 03:30 AM in Third-Party Services

Hi,

I'm looking for an addon or mod that can allow registered customers to checkout via the guest checkout without being prompted their email address is already used.

If they want to register they can, if they want to login they can, if they have registered before but want to just checkout as guest next time and fill out order fields they can. User choice!

The cart will just ignore a guest who is checking out with registered customer info rather than stop them.

Currently CS-Cart only allows guests to checkout if they've never registered before but if they have registered in the past then they must login to use that email address. It's a problem when you have users that come back years later and forget they've registered before or just don't want to login in.

I've had customers complain that we are forcing them to register and we won't let them complete their order without logging in. They forget they have done that in the past and don't understand why they can't just checkout as a guest this time around.

Should be up to the customer how they complete the checkout. The cart shouldn't force them to do anything they don't want to do.

Is this a mod that can be made or an addon that can be easily developed?

I'm on 4.3.3

Thanks!

#219464 Product Title Truncate Value Added To Admin Options

Posted by musicsite on 19 June 2015 - 02:54 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

It would be handy to have the ability to set the product title truncate number in admin so it's set in the database and not in the template files.

example, in product_data.tpl you have {$product.product|truncate:45:"...":true nofilter} - which sets the product title to 45 characters and cuts off any more characters with a .... in it's place - so for products with long titles it needs to be a higher number to have the complete title show up without truncating it.

I know it can be sorted with my_changes to avoid resetting each update but being able to set the default as a design option in admin and have it stored in the database would be one less thing to have to fiddle with from the designers point of view and also help with on the fly changes as new products may require a longer title.

cheers!

#234831 Registered Users Checking Out As Guests

Posted by musicsite on 16 November 2015 - 05:43 AM in Configuration

Hello, there is a one page checkout mod that can do this:

http://forum.cs-cart...ut/#entry234760

If you use Group Memberships with special promotions, the person assigned to the group needs to be registered and log in to get the special promotion. I use this and would not want a registered user assigned to a group(s) to log out as a guest,

I also use the group membership for targeted email promotions. As far as I know, you can't assign a group membership to an unregistered customer.

Bob

Your example is a good reason for not wanting it i guess - thou you could still make it work and let the customer decide if they want to login or not to get the offers. By logging in they get a better deal, if they forget they miss out but you still get the order regardless.

Cs-Cart has these kinds of marketing techniques built in which are great on one hand but they seem to lack options to not use them if your store doesn't need it.

Simply letting us decide in Admin if we want a customer who has previously registered to use guest checkout should be a simple checkbox option to use or not use. It's odd that we're forcing customers habits rather than working with them.

#234830 Registered Users Checking Out As Guests

Posted by musicsite on 16 November 2015 - 05:36 AM in Configuration

This would go against all the logical reasons for having a registration system in the first place, If they did not want an account then they would never have registered.

The aim of most stores is to encourage people to register so they can email them on offers etc and get them back to make another purchase before they forget the first purchase.

I would suggest that your are looking for a solution to the wrong problem and you need to look at your marketing.

Really depends on your store and your customers habits. What works for one store doesn't mean jack for another store.

Not every store sells the same way to the same type of customers so marketing techniques aren't improved by capturing details they don't want to give. We would rather the sale and let them on their way if they don't wish to give us anymore information than hold them hostage to a login they will half-heartedly fill out just to get on with the order.

I personally hate registering when i shop somewhere - always take the guest checkout if it's an option. I suspect many more shoppers behave that way as well rather than joining EVERY shop they use online.

We collect emails with a newsletter opt-in so registration of their address isn't really necessary since we can contact them again and follow up with offers. 100% of our business is referral from bands and artists who hit their fanbase with newsletters and point them to their sales directly from socials and emails - we don't need to be doing that since it's already taken care of before they get to our shop so our newsletters are few and far between anyway. It works better to get the band to tell their fans via their socials than for our shop to email customers.

I offer registration if they want it but the problem is if they have registered in the past and don't want to sign-in in the future they get an error message rather than letting them just do what they want as a free paying customer. IF they are ordering from a mobile device on the street after a concert and 5 beers you really think they'll wait around for the server to email them a forgotten password reset and go through all that nonsense?

Far more logical to just let them order with no hassles. The quick sale is far more important to my business but each to their own.

#234745 Registered Users Checking Out As Guests

Posted by musicsite on 14 November 2015 - 01:50 AM in Configuration

Hi,

Are there any mods / addon that can allow previously registered users to checkout as a guest with registered information if they don't wish to login? They can just checkout as a guest and the shop doesn't prompt them to login.

Logging in should be a choice of the customer - not forced by the cart because they opted to login in the past.

Most customers just want to checkout as guest - it takes far less time to type out an address than remember a password they haven't used for years.

But anyone that has registered in the past is prompted with an error message that their email address already exists and must login to continue. Most of these people can't remember their login info / have moved addresses / have forgotten they registered in the past and must reset their passwords to continue. It means waiting for emails from the server and resetting their accounts before completing their order.

It's adding a bunch of hoops and hurdles for what could have been a quick sale.

Registration is great for shops that serve repeat customers regularly but if it's a few years between orders or sales are largely impulse buys from casual shoppers it becomes a hurdle.

I can either delete all registered users - not knowing who wants to keep their account and who doesn't - or registered users get an error notice when trying to checkout as a guest. Why can't they just checkout as a guest if they wish?

Thanks

#234744 Addon: "Guest Checkout by Default" for CS-Cart.

Posted by musicsite on 14 November 2015 - 01:20 AM in Third-Party Add-ons

Hi,

Does this addon allow users who have registered in the past to checkout as guest even if their email/info matches a registered user?

I'd like to have the user account area on the shop for those who wish to create an account - but by checkout just have guest checkout since if they haven't signed in by that stage they can just checkout as a guest (or login via the account dropdown block).

Currently CS-Cart blocks a guest from checking out if their email address already exists - forcing them to login / reset their forgotten password and it's a big problem.

I'm looking for a way to allow guests to checkout without being prompted or error messaged that their details already exist.

thanks!

#220022 4.3.1 - Block Status Errors In Block.php

Posted by musicsite on 23 June 2015 - 07:37 AM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I'm getting some errors since upgrading to 4.3.1
It's related to the status change of a block
The error report is consistent and the only error being generated by the shop.
It occurs when the block status is changed.
It logs the same two lines.

PHP Notice: Undefined index: object_ids in /home/site/public_html/cart/app/Tygh/BlockManager/Block.php on line 615
PHP Notice: Undefined index: status in /home/site/public_html/cart/app/Tygh/BlockManager/Block.php on line 619

The section of code it's referring to in Block.php is:

/**
	 * Updates block statuses
	 * <i>$status_data</i> must be array with these fields:
	 * <pre>array (
	 *   snapping_id - if not exists will be created new record
	 *   status - block status 'A', 'D'
	 *   object_ids - dynamic object id
	 *   object_type - dynamic object type from dynamic_objects scheme
	 * )</pre>
	 * @param  array	   $status_data Array of status data
	 * @return string|bool Status value on success, false otherwise
	 */
	public function updateStatus($status_data)
	{
		if (!empty($status_data['snapping_id']) && !empty($status_data['status'])) {
			if (!empty($status_data['object_type']) && !empty($status_data['object_id']) && $status_data['object_id'] > 0) {
				// If it's status update for dynamic object
				$block = $this->getById(null, $status_data['snapping_id'], $status_data, DESCR_SL);
(LINE 615) 			  $object_ids = explode(',', $block['object_ids']);

$key = array_search($status_data['object_id'], $object_ids);

(LINE 619) 			  if ($status_data['status'] == $block['status'] && isset($object_ids[$key])) {
					unset($object_ids[$key]);
				} elseif ($status_data['status'] != $block['status']) {
					$object_ids[] = $status_data['object_id'];
				}
				foreach ($object_ids as $k => $v) {
					if (empty($v)) {
						unset($object_ids[$k]);
					}
				}
				$status_data['object_ids'] = implode(',', $object_ids);
				if (empty($status_data['object_ids'])) {
					db_query('DELETE FROM ?:bm_block_statuses WHERE object_type=?s and snapping_id=?i', $status_data['object_type'], $status_data['snapping_id']);
				} else {
					$this->updateStatuses($status_data);
				}
			} else {
				// If it's simple status update just do it
				$this->updateSnapping(array(
					'snapping_id' => $status_data['snapping_id'],
					'status' => $status_data['status'],
					'object_ids' => '',
					'object_type' => ''
				));
			}
			return $status_data['status'];
		} else {
			return false;
		}
	}

#227131 Embedable Buy Button Code For External Sites

Posted by musicsite on 19 August 2015 - 02:12 AM in Wishlist & Feature Requests

I'd like to see the ability to generate embed code for pasting into a Wordpress or custom html page.
Currently we can export the entire shop as a widget but not single products or single categories.

I have a shop that sells band merchandise and each category is a different artist.
I can't embed the entire shop on their website because it would include hundreds of products that aren't theirs. I'd like to be able to give them code to setup their products on their website / mailing lists etc so they can create a shop to sell their products.

If Widget mode was available per product or per all products in a category then we'd have more options on exporting the shop to other websites without it being everything or nothing.

Example: They have a new album they want to sell, they can add a buy button on their website where ever they want and it'll add the product to the cart/checkout on the shop. It's a bit more that just a URL link as it sends them to a cart/checkout so they can complete the order without losing track. If it's a product with options they can select the options from the widget and send it to the cart/checkout.

Expanding the current CS-Cart widget mode to single products and categories would be huge addition to CS-Cart.

Something similar to Shopifys method - Some basic CSS choices that generates a button which will add the product to the shopping cart from an external site.

Posted ImagePosted Image