martfox's Content

There have been 66 items by martfox (Search limited from 18-Jan 19)

Sort by                Order  

#299661 Get Maximum out of 4.3.1: The Best Server Configuration.

Posted by martfox on 03 April 2018 - 08:50 PM in Web Hosting

Hi, 

In Point 5 you said to use APCu for cache and 'apc' in the config.local.php file. Is this correct? 

I have APCu installed, but when activating 'apc' in config file the site doesn't work, but 'APCu' works. 

This thread is 3 years old and probably there are things which doesn't apply to the current state of CS-Cart.

#299671 Varnish Cache For Cs-Cart

Posted by martfox on 04 April 2018 - 05:35 AM in Web Hosting

Question for CS-Cart team: Does the demo site http://demo.cs-cart.com/ use varnish cache and is varnish installed on that server?

#313132 Php 7.0 Or 7.1 Or 7.2?

Posted by martfox on 12 March 2019 - 10:04 PM in Installation & Upgrade

Probably PHP 7.3 will not work properly with latest 4.9.3. SP1, right?

This is a question for CS Cart team.

#300857 Gdpr Compliance In Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 26 April 2018 - 02:34 PM in Upcoming features

CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.7.4 (to be released in the first half of May) will include an add-on called GDPR Compliance (EU). Currently, the add-on is available for testing at http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com.

Will the add-on appear in our reseller account downloads for earlier versions (before 4.7.4) ?

#301223 Free Amazon Cloud Hosting For Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 07 May 2018 - 01:43 PM in Web Hosting

AWS EC2 free for CS-Cart? With 1 GB of RAM and low network performance?

https://aws.amazon.c...instance-types/

Wish you good luck...

#301233 Free Amazon Cloud Hosting For Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 07 May 2018 - 02:13 PM in Web Hosting

That's what the Free plan offers...

OMG... well, I would never recommend using CS-Cart with less then 2 GB RAM.

#301249 Free Amazon Cloud Hosting For Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 07 May 2018 - 05:48 PM in Web Hosting

The link in your signature tells the opposite.

I don't understand, what do you mean with it. The link show you just all services we provide, it's not a direct link with a "recomendation"...

#302495 Free Amazon Cloud Hosting For Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 08 June 2018 - 10:29 PM in Web Hosting

I went with AWS. I had Simtech move and manage it. I was told the cost for AWS would be free or a small monthly fee. The web  speed is very good. That is all I can  say about it. 

Managing AWS is very confusing unless you are familiar with it. Everything about it is confusing, No cpanel. That is why I paid Simtech but they are very slow to respond to my questions or request (days).

My web site was down for several hours I contacted Simtech. Took them several hours to respond. I found out my service is integrated with my old hosting company and that was causing the problem.

Cost is very expensive over $700 a month !!!! I don't have that large of a site 3500 products and 40K visitors a month.

If the price of AWS was more competitive with hosting companies it would be a deal but the cost and difficult interface it is not worth it for me.

$700 a month for an e-commerce site hosting? Crazy... For such price you will get 2 dedicated servers (one as failover server) with two cPanels, 100% avilability/uptime, firewall, 100% configured for CS-Cart, free CS-Cart installation or migration from foreign servers and a CS-Cart license for free!!!

#301275 Free Amazon Cloud Hosting For Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 07 May 2018 - 08:50 PM in Web Hosting

simtechdev.com and cs-cart.com is the same company. They just created a new "branch name" to be "separated" from the cart development and cs-cart support... and paid add-ons development.

In this "advertising thread" the "chain" looks like:

1. choose a AWS free service

2. customers with zero knowledge of linux or what ever have to contact simtech

3. and from this "point" the customer has to pay for each task they would do...

And it's not cheap...

At the end the customer will get a AWS "server" enviroment which will be at least twice expensive as a regular VPS or dedicated server from a regular web hosting company. AMAZON, is NOT a web hosting company - AMAZON is just a money maker which will sell to you everything they can, like GOOGLE and Co.

And do not trust any web hosting review sites - it's just a paid advertising or they are a part of "Endurance International Group"

https://hostadvice.c...rvices-reviews/

...here is a list of the all best web hosting companies you will find on each review page in the "TOP 10" list:

https://en.wikipedia...rnational_Group

#301269 Free Amazon Cloud Hosting For Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 07 May 2018 - 08:13 PM in Web Hosting

low network throughput as you'd never take advantage of the gp2 EBS volumes properly (remember these are network attached storage devices, not physical drives connected to the instance).

That's what I'm saying, but Mr. Maksim Komonov from Simtech won't "undestand" it...

#299752 Do You Use Control Panel To Manages Servers Yourself?

Posted by martfox on 05 April 2018 - 01:33 PM in Web Hosting

For 99% of merchants, using a control panel like cPanel has huge benefits in simplifying site administration.

If you have the money, obviously paying someone to host and manage your server would be preferred.

Most merchants use a VPS with a control panel.  But trying to be a Linux Admin in addition to managing their store is simply too much to ask.

There is the 1% factor that uses dedicated servers without control panels to help administer their server.  I've been involved with Unix/Linux for 30+ years and I would not want to try and keep up with the day to day needs of managing a naked server.  Too many things change over time and if you don't have the time to keep up with it, you'll fall behind and then you'd be in real trouble.

Merchants need to spend less time trying to be techy and more time marketing their products and services.  Just 2 cents.

Absolutely agree.

#299757 Do You Use Control Panel To Manages Servers Yourself?

Posted by martfox on 05 April 2018 - 03:55 PM in Web Hosting

1 – Low stability
The quality of cPanel releases is pretty low. During major updates, there’s a risk to lose the data or overwrite active settings with new ones. Restoring settings, in this case, is problematic due to the over-complicated file structure.

2 – Lack of flexibility
Modern server systems are configured by the automated settings control programmes. They are able to regulate the behavior of both one and several servers.
This method is becoming more popular due to its effectiveness. But cPanel does not allow this kind of automatization keeping all resources under its own control.

3 – Vendor-lock
The software for the Linux family systems is supplied through the repositories. This software is constantly being updated, fixed and supported by the developer and community developers. The components are interchangeable – you can use alternative sources or components combinations to get the result you want. For example, to host CS-Cart you can use Apache or Nginx, or both simultaneously.
CPanel, on the other hand, combines a non-standard stack of software to launch and manage settings. The components, delivered with the panel, cannot be substituted by the alternatives and are supported by a third-party vendor. You become dependant on a single combination of certain software and its developer.

4 – Poor security
Due to cPanel update policy, focused on stability, servers are being updated with the old and vulnerable software. Updating of the separate components without updating the panel is impossible, which is the reason why hosting providers do it rarely.
Control panels create the shell between hardware. The connectivity adds up to an impressive level of control, but also to a lot of compromised security. cPanel is insanely popular that makes it a prime target for hackers.

5 – Time-consuming
Even the smallest changes in a website could take some time to do… while digging in the cPanel, you lose time which you could spare for more profitable actions.
When it comes to certain procedures with files it can take hours to complete. Say, you have a directory with 10,000 unique files. What if you want to move only the files that begin with a specific phrase or any variable? This task cannot be done with a single string in cPanel
When it comes to such root level functions as modifying folder permissions, visibility, or password protection, using cPanel will also require hours of manipulation to have the job done.

6 – Web interface
The web interface is a life savior for a newbie and almost an industry standard for any software. It is suitable for simple tasks and configurations allowing inexperienced users to manipulate server. But using the web interface for complicated tasks is almost impossible. Configuring servers via cPanel is almost the same as coding with the mouse – unprofessional and ineffective.

7 – Uncommon file organization
cPanel creates its individual surrounding, like file paths or error log directory. Making changes in the surrounding configuration files does not assure the correct cPanel or server operation.
This internal ecosystem created solely by the cPanel denies user to perform deep tuning to the server performance, like implementing HTTP/2.

8 – Complicated problems logging
Troubles with servers can be connected to multiple sources. One after another, the error can build up in a complicated chain of issues leading to a fatal error without any sign of where it all started. It does not happen every day but in such case, cPanel won’t allow you to track the starting point and fix the true problem to prevent it occur once again.

Summary
Though cPanel is an outstanding tool to manage server configuration in a convenient interface, it was never meant to allow a user to use the maximum of its server capabilities. It is a smart idea to know how to use it, but if you are running a serious website, like online store or marketplace, you have no place for experiments.
Treat your server like a living organism and cPanel as a phonendoscope. You can perform monitoring on the surface, but if the organism gets sick, you won’t be able to heal it with phonendoscope, you will need a doctor, a pro, who knows how its life processes flow to give you the necessary cure.

Moreover to your blog post at https://bit.ly/2Ixu40B:

1. How did you come to this result? cPanel is the most prevalent web control panel in the world used by almost every web hosting company. I can just say, we use cPanel over 12 years and since 8 years we didn't have any issues with"stability" or what's ever.

Did you ever use cPanel? (I mean the latest versions since v6xxx). Restoring settings of what? There isn't a need to "restore" anything and I don't think cPanel will crash because of itself. It can crash only if you don't follow their installation requirements and you will install it on a crap server which has a problem to run just itself without a control panel.

Or do you mean restoring of customers cPanel accounts? It has been never easier.

2. This has nothing to do with cPanel. cPanel is not the server OS. This will be done via container and virtualization control panel (in case of VPSs).

3. Are you saying, that cPanel doesn't use RPMs? What then?

Next: of course and very well you can use Apache, Nginx, combinations and caches with cPanel, but you will have to know HOW and what do you doing.

4. OMG... Really a JOKE... Don't make CS-Cart users confusing and don't provide misleading information to them.

5. Not true and misleading again! Excepting: "When it comes to certain procedures with files it can take hours to complete. Say, you have a directory with 10,000 unique files."

That's right, but this is a work for an administrator and takes a few minutes. Most hosting providers will make such changes per request free of charge. Folder/files permisions will be done via command line - finished between a few seconds to one minute, not in a few hours. But ok, with "someone" skills maybe a few hours...

6. So you said that all companies who use cPanel are newbies... Lol...lol...lol well... and once again - cPanel is not a server administrator.

7. What do you want to do? Which changes to "configuration files"??? Once you set it up and configure it right, there isn't anything to TOUCH.

8. Sure, troubles will occur like if an amateur will try to drive a F1 - that's a trouble.

That's your summary. My summary is, never touch a cPanel :D :D

Edited:

Mr. Maksim Komonov, never touch a cPanel

#302610 Jquery Xss Vulnerabilities

Posted by martfox on 12 June 2018 - 10:25 PM in Security

Which CS-Cart version is he using?

#298864 What Is The Best Web Hosting For Cs-Cart In United State?

Posted by martfox on 25 March 2018 - 01:51 PM in Web Hosting

What is the best web hosting for CS-cart in United state?

We would like to build a online business website with CS-cart

Any help would be great.

If you don't have a CS-Cart license yet, you can host your cart on one of our US servers one year free of charge. You have just to pay your lifetime CS-Cart license for $345.00 one time. Here is the link:

https://www.martfox....d=11&currency=5

If you currently  have a license, then you can go with our shared hosting, VPS or dedicated managed servers:

https://www.martfox..../cart.php?gid=1

#301224 What Is The Best Web Hosting For Cs-Cart In United State?

Posted by martfox on 07 May 2018 - 01:49 PM in Web Hosting

But anyway, there isn't a "best webhosting" rule and scale. The best web hosting for you, is one which meets your requirements and expectations.

#302460 My Store Was Hacked!

Posted by martfox on 08 June 2018 - 04:36 AM in Security

Delete all files, re-upload the CS-Cart files to the server (or make a fresh installation), check the database of suspicious entries. If that is ok, install and configure OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set or COMODO ModSecurity Apache Rule Set on the server. This will provide you a real-time protection against many common attack categories, including sql injection, cross site scripting (XSS) attacks, file inclusion etc.

#302779 My Store Was Hacked!

Posted by martfox on 17 June 2018 - 08:46 PM in Security

i was talking about a verification system of addons like they have on presta... the module has to be tested, and verified...here are distrubted addons without a verification. you can put anyting inside an addon

That's an another story and has nothing to do with the OP issue in this thread.

#298971 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 26 March 2018 - 02:45 PM in SEO

>>> does the var folder have nothibg to do with the sitemap.xml?

It has nothing to do with your regular 'sitemap.xml' file.

The robots file should be like this:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /app/
Disallow: /store_closed.html

Nowadays there isn't a need to "tweak" the robots file like years before. Google will make it's own decision what will be crawled or indexed and what not.

https://support.goog...r/6062608?hl=en

Robots.txt instructions are directives only
The instructions in robots.txt files cannot enforce crawler behavior to your site; instead, these instructions act as directives to the crawlers accessing your site. While Googlebot and other respectable web crawlers obey the instructions in a robots.txt file, other crawlers might not. Therefore, if you want to keep information secure from web crawlers, it’s better to use other blocking methods, such as password-protecting private files on your server.

Also:

The /robots.txt file is a publicly available: just add /robots.txt to the end of any root domain to see that website’s directives (if that site has a robots.txt file!). This means that anyone can see what pages you do or don’t want to be crawled, so don’t use them to hide private user information.

And the last question is - are the URLs of the new CS-Cart version the same as the old one?

#298991 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 26 March 2018 - 06:26 PM in SEO

Tried site:yourdomain.xyz and it shows 661 pages and no 404 when clicked various displayed links. So it looks like Google has indexed 661 pages which does not follow suit with the information in my Google search console - Google Index - Index Status Total indexed 121?

Did you update your current sitemap and re-submited it in your Google webmaster?

#298998 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 26 March 2018 - 07:23 PM in SEO

In our webmaster tools we can see:

13 URLs submitted
9 URLs indexed

But Google shows: 334 results

site:cs-cart-license.com

#299293 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 29 March 2018 - 09:36 AM in SEO

This i assume is set up automatically with the Cs-Cart Add on Google Analytics when the UA- code is entered in to the Google Analytics account number: field box.

Yes, this is an option as well. But the Google Webmaster Tools verification code (page like mentionted in my post above) has to be made manually. Or as mentionted on their help page, you can 'link' the analytics with WMT, but I'm not sure if that works. Safer is to make it on the default way.

#299292 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 29 March 2018 - 09:32 AM in SEO

Apologies i did not explain correctly.

Do i have to create new file for google html code in the root directory then upload file info?

You can download the page e.g. 'google788ae000633f0000.html' directly and then upload it to your site root.

#299227 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 28 March 2018 - 07:54 PM in SEO

Added verification code...........google-site-verification: google788ae000633f0000.html .........(code edited) in the index.tpl, file, first line of code below <head> but still unable to verify.

Am i missing something.

This is not the verification code. You have to upload the file 'google788ae000633f0000.html' to the root directory of your cart installation and then verify again.

https://support.goog...wer/35179?hl=en

Regarding your posts, you are talking about "GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOLS" (search console) and "GOOGLE ANALYTICS" - these are two different things.

The analytics code must be added to the header section of the .tpl site.

#299204 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 28 March 2018 - 02:10 PM in SEO

I have ftp access but im not sure where to place the tracking code google says to put it into the head section, which file is this when using ftp to access the file.

You have to add the code into:

/design/themes/responsive/templates/index.tpl

If you use a third party templates, the file location might be changed. Also there is a hook place holder:

{hook name="index:head_scripts"}{/hook}

You can use a hook for the google code to avoid overwriting by next CS-Cart update.

Does Google generate a different code every time i add a site as http or https even though they are the same url or is there a way to keep all the same url's under one Google analytics and search console with the same tracking code?

If the code remains in the 'head' section, it will be applied to all old or new pages of your store.

#298997 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 26 March 2018 - 07:15 PM in SEO

We checked our CS-Cart test installations and it seems the CS-Cart Google sitemap addon doesn't follow the categories and thus the products won't get crawled.