martfox's Content

There have been 66 items by martfox (Search limited from 27-Jan 19)

Sort by                Order  

#300985 Image Optimisation Can Anyone Recommend

Posted by martfox on 30 April 2018 - 09:15 PM in General Questions

IrfanView > Batch Conversion

I'm using this for years...

#300890 Theme Marketplace: Whereabout Of Mysticthemes

Posted by martfox on 27 April 2018 - 08:14 AM in General Questions

It seems they are gone:

NS1.PARKLOGIC.COM (has 292,427 domains)
NS2.PARKLOGIC.COM (has 292,427 domains)
NS3.PARKLOGIC.COM (has 292,427 domains)

The domain is parked, which means they probably didn't pay the bill.

That means the emaill address provided at the market place site won't work as well.

Contact CS-Cart team and ask the template to be removed from the place.

#300857 Gdpr Compliance In Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Posted by martfox on 26 April 2018 - 02:34 PM in Upcoming features

CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.7.4 (to be released in the first half of May) will include an add-on called GDPR Compliance (EU). Currently, the add-on is available for testing at http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com.

Will the add-on appear in our reseller account downloads for earlier versions (before 4.7.4) ?

#300747 Cart Error Http Error 500

Posted by martfox on 25 April 2018 - 06:39 AM in Configuration

Wow! Thanks for that - both Martfox and EZ.

To Martfox - I have to ask if it would be wise to open a ticket to have tech support look at the permissions of the files & folders. Although I'm familiar with changing permissions of both, I don't have a clue as to what the permissions should be and which files & folders I need to be looking at.

How would I know if the htaccess file is properly structured?

PM sent.

#300734 Cart Error Http Error 500

Posted by martfox on 25 April 2018 - 12:04 AM in Configuration

Most 500 errors are server-side errors. There are lots of reasons why your site might be serving a 500 error, but these are the most common:

1. Permissions Error. In most cases, a 500 Internal Server Error is due to an incorrect permission on one or more files or folders. In most of those cases, an incorrect permission on a PHP and CGI script is to blame. These should usually be set at 0755 or 0777 for folders and 644 or 666 for files (it depends on your server configuration).

2. PHP Timeout

3. Error in .htaccess. While not as common, be sure to check that your site's .htaccess file is properly structured.

#300167 Multivendor Hosting Option

Posted by martfox on 13 April 2018 - 09:46 PM in Web Hosting

Hi,

we can offer you a high performance servers in London as below:

CPU: Intel  Xeon E3-1270v6 - 4c/8t - 3.8GHz /4.2GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400 MHz
Disks: SoftRaid  2x2TB
No setup fees
Server location: UK (London)

Price: $145/month

Here is an Multivendor example with 5000 products, 351 categoriesand 12 vendors installed on a such server, but in US:

https://www.multivendor.co.uk/

#299935 4.3.4 To 4.3.5 Fubar Core Soruce From Cs-Cart

Posted by martfox on 10 April 2018 - 12:21 AM in Installation & Upgrade

never heard about this ...

#299916 Error Loading Home Page

Posted by martfox on 09 April 2018 - 01:40 PM in General Questions

Thanks again, i upload JS folder from a clean CS-Cart installation and the website works fine now, until now i am not sure its a hack or customer misuse the cpanel password , i will change the cpanel password and wait .

Regards.

Ok, if you say "cPanel"... which PHP handler do you use? DSO, CGI, suPHP or FastCGI?

#299914 Error Loading Home Page

Posted by martfox on 09 April 2018 - 01:30 PM in General Questions

Did you add any files?

the good part is the problem fixed i think, i found image.zip file inside public_html and i downloaded it and open it found JS folder so i upload the folder js to the public_html and delete the cache the website runs after that.

on the other hand idk what happened exactly , did you upload this file image.zip or may be when i press update CS-Cart version its created automatically .

It seems like your site/root/server has been hacked/infected. It requires a detailed inspection of your files and database.

#299835 Can't Upgrade From 4.7.2.sp2 - 4.7.3

Posted by martfox on 07 April 2018 - 05:39 AM in Installation & Upgrade

I can't upgrade to 4.7.3 from 4.7.2.SP2.

It keeps getting stuck and keep showing install process screen with circle keep running.

I didn't have any issues updating before and nothing changed on the hosting settings.

Any idea on how to upgrade to new version or what's the problem is?

Enable the error log in 'config.php' file. To do that, uncoment the lines 101 and 104 from:

//Uncomment to enable the developer tools: debugger, PHP and SQL loggers, etc.
//define('DEBUG_MODE', true);

//Uncomment to enable error reporting.
//define('DEVELOPMENT', true);
to

//Uncomment to enable the developer tools: debugger, PHP and SQL loggers, etc.
define('DEBUG_MODE', true);

//Uncomment to enable error reporting.
define('DEVELOPMENT', true);

Then try the update again and check the error logs.

#299757 Do You Use Control Panel To Manages Servers Yourself?

Posted by martfox on 05 April 2018 - 03:55 PM in Web Hosting

1 – Low stability
The quality of cPanel releases is pretty low. During major updates, there’s a risk to lose the data or overwrite active settings with new ones. Restoring settings, in this case, is problematic due to the over-complicated file structure.

2 – Lack of flexibility
Modern server systems are configured by the automated settings control programmes. They are able to regulate the behavior of both one and several servers.
This method is becoming more popular due to its effectiveness. But cPanel does not allow this kind of automatization keeping all resources under its own control.

3 – Vendor-lock
The software for the Linux family systems is supplied through the repositories. This software is constantly being updated, fixed and supported by the developer and community developers. The components are interchangeable – you can use alternative sources or components combinations to get the result you want. For example, to host CS-Cart you can use Apache or Nginx, or both simultaneously.
CPanel, on the other hand, combines a non-standard stack of software to launch and manage settings. The components, delivered with the panel, cannot be substituted by the alternatives and are supported by a third-party vendor. You become dependant on a single combination of certain software and its developer.

4 – Poor security
Due to cPanel update policy, focused on stability, servers are being updated with the old and vulnerable software. Updating of the separate components without updating the panel is impossible, which is the reason why hosting providers do it rarely.
Control panels create the shell between hardware. The connectivity adds up to an impressive level of control, but also to a lot of compromised security. cPanel is insanely popular that makes it a prime target for hackers.

5 – Time-consuming
Even the smallest changes in a website could take some time to do… while digging in the cPanel, you lose time which you could spare for more profitable actions.
When it comes to certain procedures with files it can take hours to complete. Say, you have a directory with 10,000 unique files. What if you want to move only the files that begin with a specific phrase or any variable? This task cannot be done with a single string in cPanel
When it comes to such root level functions as modifying folder permissions, visibility, or password protection, using cPanel will also require hours of manipulation to have the job done.

6 – Web interface
The web interface is a life savior for a newbie and almost an industry standard for any software. It is suitable for simple tasks and configurations allowing inexperienced users to manipulate server. But using the web interface for complicated tasks is almost impossible. Configuring servers via cPanel is almost the same as coding with the mouse – unprofessional and ineffective.

7 – Uncommon file organization
cPanel creates its individual surrounding, like file paths or error log directory. Making changes in the surrounding configuration files does not assure the correct cPanel or server operation.
This internal ecosystem created solely by the cPanel denies user to perform deep tuning to the server performance, like implementing HTTP/2.

8 – Complicated problems logging
Troubles with servers can be connected to multiple sources. One after another, the error can build up in a complicated chain of issues leading to a fatal error without any sign of where it all started. It does not happen every day but in such case, cPanel won’t allow you to track the starting point and fix the true problem to prevent it occur once again.

Summary
Though cPanel is an outstanding tool to manage server configuration in a convenient interface, it was never meant to allow a user to use the maximum of its server capabilities. It is a smart idea to know how to use it, but if you are running a serious website, like online store or marketplace, you have no place for experiments.
Treat your server like a living organism and cPanel as a phonendoscope. You can perform monitoring on the surface, but if the organism gets sick, you won’t be able to heal it with phonendoscope, you will need a doctor, a pro, who knows how its life processes flow to give you the necessary cure.

Moreover to your blog post at https://bit.ly/2Ixu40B:

1. How did you come to this result? cPanel is the most prevalent web control panel in the world used by almost every web hosting company. I can just say, we use cPanel over 12 years and since 8 years we didn't have any issues with"stability" or what's ever.

Did you ever use cPanel? (I mean the latest versions since v6xxx). Restoring settings of what? There isn't a need to "restore" anything and I don't think cPanel will crash because of itself. It can crash only if you don't follow their installation requirements and you will install it on a crap server which has a problem to run just itself without a control panel.

Or do you mean restoring of customers cPanel accounts? It has been never easier.

2. This has nothing to do with cPanel. cPanel is not the server OS. This will be done via container and virtualization control panel (in case of VPSs).

3. Are you saying, that cPanel doesn't use RPMs? What then?

Next: of course and very well you can use Apache, Nginx, combinations and caches with cPanel, but you will have to know HOW and what do you doing.

4. OMG... Really a JOKE... Don't make CS-Cart users confusing and don't provide misleading information to them.

5. Not true and misleading again! Excepting: "When it comes to certain procedures with files it can take hours to complete. Say, you have a directory with 10,000 unique files."

That's right, but this is a work for an administrator and takes a few minutes. Most hosting providers will make such changes per request free of charge. Folder/files permisions will be done via command line - finished between a few seconds to one minute, not in a few hours. But ok, with "someone" skills maybe a few hours...

6. So you said that all companies who use cPanel are newbies... Lol...lol...lol well... and once again - cPanel is not a server administrator.

7. What do you want to do? Which changes to "configuration files"??? Once you set it up and configure it right, there isn't anything to TOUCH.

8. Sure, troubles will occur like if an amateur will try to drive a F1 - that's a trouble.

That's your summary. My summary is, never touch a cPanel :D :D

Edited:

Mr. Maksim Komonov, never touch a cPanel

#299752 Do You Use Control Panel To Manages Servers Yourself?

Posted by martfox on 05 April 2018 - 01:33 PM in Web Hosting

For 99% of merchants, using a control panel like cPanel has huge benefits in simplifying site administration.

If you have the money, obviously paying someone to host and manage your server would be preferred.

Most merchants use a VPS with a control panel.  But trying to be a Linux Admin in addition to managing their store is simply too much to ask.

There is the 1% factor that uses dedicated servers without control panels to help administer their server.  I've been involved with Unix/Linux for 30+ years and I would not want to try and keep up with the day to day needs of managing a naked server.  Too many things change over time and if you don't have the time to keep up with it, you'll fall behind and then you'd be in real trouble.

Merchants need to spend less time trying to be techy and more time marketing their products and services.  Just 2 cents.

Absolutely agree.

#299731 Error Loading Home Page

Posted by martfox on 05 April 2018 - 06:55 AM in General Questions

Hi, you have probably used "hardcoded" links for the images like:

http://siteurl.xy/subfolder/image.jpg

You have to use relative links, or 'https' urls:

/subfolder/image.jpg

#299699 Ssl In Loop

Posted by martfox on 04 April 2018 - 02:11 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

I don't want to have default https on.

Why? It will be soon a standard and maybe a requirement in hosting industry. Also Google ranks sites with https higher then sites without a secure connection.

#299671 Varnish Cache For Cs-Cart

Posted by martfox on 04 April 2018 - 05:35 AM in Web Hosting

Question for CS-Cart team: Does the demo site http://demo.cs-cart.com/ use varnish cache and is varnish installed on that server?

#299661 Get Maximum out of 4.3.1: The Best Server Configuration.

Posted by martfox on 03 April 2018 - 08:50 PM in Web Hosting

Hi, 

In Point 5 you said to use APCu for cache and 'apc' in the config.local.php file. Is this correct? 

I have APCu installed, but when activating 'apc' in config file the site doesn't work, but 'APCu' works. 

This thread is 3 years old and probably there are things which doesn't apply to the current state of CS-Cart.

#299473 Can't Delete An Administrator (Cs-Commerce)

Posted by martfox on 31 March 2018 - 08:36 PM in General Questions

I should also note that #9399 admin shows as registered the same day as user #1 so someone has changes something there as that obviously isn't possible.  They may have changed themselves to the root admin which is causing my issue.

Again:

1. you have to delete this admin user directly in the database

2. your server/installation will need an "inspection" of all current/foreign files, changes and new files, database changes and unusual database entries and maybe a files comparsion with the original CS-Cart files

#299459 Can't Delete An Administrator (Cs-Commerce)

Posted by martfox on 31 March 2018 - 03:34 PM in General Questions

Can't you convert the admin to a customer and then delete it?

Admin can't be converted to a customer (at least in the 4.7.x) through admin area.

#299447 Can't Delete An Administrator (Cs-Commerce)

Posted by martfox on 31 March 2018 - 07:54 AM in General Questions

You can delete the admins from the database in the table 'cscart_users'.

#299431 Customer Ip Address Seems Blocked

Posted by martfox on 30 March 2018 - 03:36 PM in General Questions

to see if it was a blocked range in config firewall, and it wasnt

Did you check it with this command?

iptables -L INPUT -v -n | grep "1.2.3.4"

#299323 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 29 March 2018 - 01:42 PM in SEO

Sorted, thanks for the help its greatly appreciated.

No problem

#299293 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 29 March 2018 - 09:36 AM in SEO

This i assume is set up automatically with the Cs-Cart Add on Google Analytics when the UA- code is entered in to the Google Analytics account number: field box.

Yes, this is an option as well. But the Google Webmaster Tools verification code (page like mentionted in my post above) has to be made manually. Or as mentionted on their help page, you can 'link' the analytics with WMT, but I'm not sure if that works. Safer is to make it on the default way.

#299292 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 29 March 2018 - 09:32 AM in SEO

Apologies i did not explain correctly.

Do i have to create new file for google html code in the root directory then upload file info?

You can download the page e.g. 'google788ae000633f0000.html' directly and then upload it to your site root.

#299237 A Cs-Cart Developer's Dilemma.

Posted by martfox on 28 March 2018 - 09:48 PM in General Questions

Their answer to this question? "BECOME CS-CART RESELLER AND MAKE PROFIT ON SELLING OUR SOFTWARE".

Try to contact someone of their team here http://forum.cs-cart...tats&do=leaders

Also they should answer to this post, not in a private message. I would love to see their "related" answer. Anyway... we have all versions saved since 2.1.3 if you will be interested :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

#299227 Google Index Fallen Off The Cliff

Posted by martfox on 28 March 2018 - 07:54 PM in SEO

Added verification code...........google-site-verification: google788ae000633f0000.html .........(code edited) in the index.tpl, file, first line of code below <head> but still unable to verify.

Am i missing something.

This is not the verification code. You have to upload the file 'google788ae000633f0000.html' to the root directory of your cart installation and then verify again.

https://support.goog...wer/35179?hl=en

Regarding your posts, you are talking about "GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOLS" (search console) and "GOOGLE ANALYTICS" - these are two different things.

The analytics code must be added to the header section of the .tpl site.