tbirnseth's Content

There have been 440 items by tbirnseth (Search limited from 29-Jul 20)

Sort by                Order  

#338001 Managing Tabs Per Vendor On The Product Page

Posted by tbirnseth on 30 March 2021 - 02:56 AM in General Questions

Not certain I understand your request so let me paraphrase it and then you can tell me if I got it or not.

You want 4 tabs (A, B, C, D) on your MVE frontend product page.  A&B are specific to each product and are updated via products.update.  C&D are specific to the vendor and the data could be stored/saved in the vendor profile.  Ie. the Company Description and the Shipping/Delivery Information.

It is certainly possible to do this.  It's a very simple addon if the Shipping/Delivery Information is already a separate column in the cscart_company_descriptions database table and related UI components on the Vendor's profile page.  If you need to create this and get your vendors to update it for their companies, then it's a bit more work.

If the above is your situation, it's not very complicated to do, it just takes time.

If you are using Common Products addon then you could have several vendors selling the same product.  Until the vendor is selected, that information would need to be stubbed out with something like "Select vendor first"!

#337844 Addon: Ez Taxjar

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 March 2021 - 09:25 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

It has been deprecated for a couple of years now.  It is no longer for sale.

#337711 How To Delete Java Script

Posted by tbirnseth on 19 March 2021 - 11:12 PM in Third-Party Reviews

If the files are not physically present on your site, then the only way they can exist is in your browser cache.

#337706 Updating Old Addons

Posted by tbirnseth on 19 March 2021 - 06:23 PM in Third-Party Services

What version were the original addons based on?  If they are some version of V4, I'd be willing to take a look.  Please click the get-a-quote link in my signature and we can discuss whether it will be more cost effective to modify the existing addons and/or develop them anew.  Sometimes it's faster to do new versus spending time familiarizing with a different coding style and or implementation method.

You will find a reluctance of developers to work on other's addons.  Partly out of courtesy and partly out of efficiency.  But if they are actually out of business or refuse support, that's bit of a different story.

#337705 Configuring Multiple Stores In Cs-Cart Ultimate

Posted by tbirnseth on 19 March 2021 - 06:18 PM in Configuration

Should as long as the parked domain points to the document root of your store and the domain exactly matches the storefront.

#337704 Import From Shopify Other Marketplaces

Posted by tbirnseth on 19 March 2021 - 06:17 PM in General Questions

I believe the reluctance you are finding from developers is that these various API's require almost constant maintenance (Amazon is the worst, Big Commerce and Shopify are probably the most stable)..  Unless you have your own development staff, the cost of developing and maintaining them is cost prohibitive for most merchants.  Hence there's very low volume and would be hard pressed to find a production addon that will work reliably over time.  Custom development with expected frequent maintenance charges are most likely your only option.

Good luck in your search.

tony

#337703 Database Back-Up Needs Progress Detail View

Posted by tbirnseth on 19 March 2021 - 06:12 PM in General Questions

Strongly suggest you do backups outside of the cart itself.  PHP backups are very slow, take very large amounts of memory and are generally unusable.  Suggest you use a cron entry to backup your files via a script (exclude the var/cache directory) to a separate location  and either use cron to do DB backups or use our EZ Admin Helper addon which will backup your DB to your cart area where they can be restored from the cart if need be or used manually if your DB has actually crashed.

#337648 Sender Name In Notification Email

Posted by tbirnseth on 17 March 2021 - 06:25 PM in Configuration

Hi,

I just noticed that the problem was exactly the same for return notifications (RMA). Sender's name is the vendor and not the company name. Any idea of what modifications should I make?

Kind regards,

LC

See #15 above.

#337617 How To Delete Java Script

Posted by tbirnseth on 16 March 2021 - 07:26 PM in Third-Party Reviews

Try clearing your browser cache and see if problem goes away.  You can also manually clear your site cache by removing var/cache directory.

#337616 Issue When Change City !

Posted by tbirnseth on 16 March 2021 - 07:25 PM in Store Design & Templates

That doesn't look like a standard cs-cart message.  I'd assume it's an addon.  Suggest you contact the addon developer.

#337615 Guide For Vendors

Posted by tbirnseth on 16 March 2021 - 07:22 PM in General Questions

Create a Design/Layouts/Layout/VendorAccopunt and create a block to appear above the main-content of the vendor home page that contains a link to your document.  I'd suggest you just generate a PDF file and have it in the root of your store.  The link can be set to target="_blank" to open in a separate tab (which would be most useful).

#337516 Site Crashing After Mailchimp Blast

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 March 2021 - 07:29 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

If your issue (some of your post is unclear to me) is that the response from your mailing is overwhelming your site (good problem to have), then you need to get a systems person to setup a load balanced environment.  A VPS won't cut it for large numbers of concurrent users.

Your problem is solvable but suggest you find someone who can setup a good load-balanced environment for you.  It won't be cheap to setup nor to operate, but it sounds like there are sales there to justify it.  Optionally you can spread your offer over several days to smaller numbers of users.

#337515 Cs Mv Need Shopify Integration Asap

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 March 2021 - 07:18 PM in General Questions

It is a very expensive solution to develop and at the rate that cs-cart is changing core functionality (like product types), the expected maintenance to keep it running properly will be very high.  Product variations actually help, but common products makes it much harder.

#337514 How To Coding The Content Visiable By The Mouse?

Posted by tbirnseth on 12 March 2021 - 07:16 PM in General Questions

Thank you, i see the questions, but where should I put the answer in? 

Where it says: "Assuming this is an image you want to reveal".  if you're just using text for the answer, just use 'p' tags inside the 'div'.

#337480 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 11 March 2021 - 09:10 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Posted Today, 01:06 PM#1

Please add a post hook near the end of the function of:

fn_set_hook('customer_location_post', $auth, $cart, $billing, $s_info);

Just before the return of $s_info.

Given that a shipping method of 'pickup at location' wants to use the customer's address for tax purposes is incorrect.  It should be using the location of the pickup point for taxes.

#337479 Please Add A Hook To Fn_Get_Customer_Location()

Posted by tbirnseth on 11 March 2021 - 09:06 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Wrong topic...

#337478 How To Coding The Content Visiable By The Mouse?

Posted by tbirnseth on 11 March 2021 - 08:53 PM in General Questions

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am not good at coding, I wonder if you can give me  a example code. Like th e question, and the answer.  Appreciate that.

That is example code...

#337387 Website Error Cannot Use String

Posted by tbirnseth on 08 March 2021 - 07:22 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

doubtful.  What version of cs-cart are you running.  Send me email and I'll try to take a look.

#337349 Website Error Cannot Use String

Posted by tbirnseth on 07 March 2021 - 07:24 PM in Issues & Troubleshooting

What version of cs-cart and PHP?

Might try running with php 7.2

#337338 How To Coding The Content Visiable By The Mouse?

Posted by tbirnseth on 06 March 2021 - 07:14 PM in General Questions

<div class="hidden" id="my_image_area">
Assuming this is an image you want to reveal
</div>
<div">
<a href="#" id="my_question">And this is your question?</a>
</div>
<script>
$('#my_question').click(function() {
  $('#my_image_area')..toggle();
  return false;
});
</script>

#337317 Your Add-On Needs A New Hook In Cs-Cart. Post It Here.

Posted by tbirnseth on 05 March 2021 - 09:46 PM in Third-Party Add-ons

Can you please add a hook that surrounds the payment_surcharge and tax display in the blocks/checkout/summary.tpl file.

If possible, please name it checkout:taxes_and_fees_summary

#337294 Sender Name In Notification Email

Posted by tbirnseth on 04 March 2021 - 09:08 PM in Configuration

Or you can just use our EZ Hide Vendor Fields addon that can also modifiy email addresses in email headers and email company content.  The docs are located here.

#337032 Add Product Variation Error 404 Page Not Found

Posted by tbirnseth on 25 February 2021 - 07:53 PM in General Questions

Looks correct to me.  The only thing it could be is a permissions issue for that admin (if they're in an admin group, fix permissions).

#336994 Legal And Tax Information Vendors

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 February 2021 - 07:32 PM in General Questions

Be happy to build you an addon that will track sales by vendor and collect the taxid/seller_type and then generate you a report (CSV) that lists total sales by vendor and their taxid for all or selected seller_type.

As far as your original post related to encryption, this too is possible with an addon to encrypt upon save and to decrypt upon get.   Be best to use a separate encryption key than the standard key hardwired into config.local.php.

Both of these could be created in the same addon.  Feel free to click the get-a-quote link in my signature and we can discuss your needs and I'll give you a quote.

#336993 Add Product Variation Error 404 Page Not Found

Posted by tbirnseth on 24 February 2021 - 07:26 PM in General Questions

That's not the URL of the button that is generating the popup.  Right-click the button and choose inspect and look at the 'href' value in the button.

If you have 3rd party addons installed, suggest you disable them and see if the problem continues.  If so, contact helpdesk.  If not, and things are okay, start re-enabling the addons one-by-one and test the results.  When it fails you'll have found the culprit.  Yes it's time consuming and it's the same process a developer will do to validate your environment. The more addons, the more time.