Jump to content

 

natewallis

Member Since 11 Jan 2013
Offline Last Active Nov 17 2017 04:01 AM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Changing Theme For Specific Controllers/action Combinations

13 November 2017 - 12:34 AM

Anyone?  Simbirsk?!


In Topic: Fn_Get_Products With Images!

02 October 2017 - 06:25 AM

Thanks... 


In Topic: Eway Rapid Direct Payment Client Side Encryption

24 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

Hello - anyone else on this one?  I am running 4.4.2 SP2


In Topic: Vivashop - Your Ultimate Responsive Cs-Cart Theme

19 July 2017 - 02:47 AM

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. 


In Topic: Vivashop - Your Ultimate Responsive Cs-Cart Theme

19 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

This has just rectified itself and I can suddenly activate the license..  

 

It would be good to get an update from energothemes about this (I have logged a support ticket). I was playing with my staging site trying to get it to reactivate by digging through the source code for the license activation.  I kept trying to reactivate on staging based on my changes to the license activation code, and it started working.  I then tried reactivating on production and it activated. 

 

I am not saying I hacked the activation system, but there are two things that are a concern here for me:

 

- The original error message I received after trying to reactivate said something along the lines of "make sure theme is installed and activated and that energothemes can be contacted by your server"..   This message is obviously not accurate as the theme was always installed and activated and energothemes license activation requests were visible in 'netstat -tc'

 

- That my site can be brought down by whatever the issue was... Energothemes, do you have logs on your end as to when it might have become inactive.  My estimates are about 5am GMT +10... 

 

- Just to be clear.  Our production site was operational at the close of business yesterday, this morning it wasn't. After no changes to the codebase, products etc.  My guess is that it went down after the energo license was checked when someone logged into our admin section at about 5am GMT +10 . While trying to get it back up and running, I only made code changes on staging....reactivation just magically started working. Unless my license hacking attempts on staging forced a 'refresh' of some data on energo's end that allow me to reactivate.. 

 

Thanks, 

Nathan