Email setting

Please let me know the correct settings in General–>E-mail.

I have problem with newsletters. I cant newsletters and i think that the problem is with the settings of e-mail.

can someone help me with setting up the email in the administration settings… My newsletters dont work and dont understnad how to set this up…

Please kindly send me an example… pleaseeeee!

ok managed this part by myself after numerous attempts.

this is used when you have trouble and aren’t receiving the orders your customers placed in your email…

the method i used via php mail function

mail.yourdomain.com

smptp host - mail.yourdomain.com

user: contact+yrdomain.com (your order email)

password - choose one which was linked to your order email address

my path to send email was /usr/sbin/sendmail

what i then did, i uploaded a mail.php in the root directory of cscart and added the follwing:

$to = 'orders@yourdomain.com.com';
$subject = 'the subject';
$message = 'Testing this';
$headers = 'From: [email]orders@yourdomain.com[/email]' . "\r\n" .
'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

$result = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
print $result;

?>

after this:

Launch this script by opening the following link:
[url]http://www.your_domain.com/your_cscart_directory/mail.php[/url], where replace "your_domain.com" with the name of your domain, "your_cscart_directory" with the name of the directory where CS-Cart is installed on your server as seen from the Web, e.g 'shop' (if applicable). This test script sends an e-mail from the [email]order@domain.com[/email] e-mail address to [email]your_email@domain.com[/email]
If you see 1 as a result of launching the script that means that the e-mail was sent properly and standard PHP function works correctly on your server. If the recipient entered in the script did not get the sent e-mail, there may be a few reasons for it. Probably there are some mail server settings that block the letter from receiving. Here are some of these reasons:
Recipient address is incorrect;
Recipient's mailbox is full;
Recipient hasn't entered in the last 3 months;
Message size exceeds the fixed maximum message size that is defined on a server;
The letter is rejected as spam so it could be either put into the "Spam" mail section or simply blocked;
Sender host is in a server black list.
Please contact your mail server administrator about it.
If you get 0, it means that the standard PHP function does not work on your server. Contact your server administrator in this case.
If SMTP server is selected in the Method of sending e-mails select box:
Make sure that you entered the correct information under the SMTP server settings section.
Contact your server administrator about the problem with your SMTP server.

Now if I can only get the newsletters to work...and also I have problems setting up the email for customers to receive confirmation once they place an order.. they aren't getting any.. id appreciate anyone can help me please!

[QUOTE]Now if I can only get the newsletters to work…and also I have problems setting up the email for customers to receive confirmation once they place an order… they aren’t getting any… id appreciate anyone can help me please![/QUOTE]

In Orders->Order statuses, make sure ‘Notify customer’ is checked for each status you want the customer notified.

Bob